shizzlebeef Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    SW: 256.4 1/06/2018

4/01/2018 222
    4/08/2018 221
    4/15/2018 218
    4/21/2018 218

What in the heck. April is not turning out like I want to. Either I’m started to put on some muscle or not. Gotta start measuring myself cuz I had to make a hole in my belt and that is starting to feel loose. Maybe 214 is achievable.

I wonder, I’m doing OMAD. Should I be eating all the protein and fat amounts or is it good if I stay under? I wonder if not eating my daily amount is hindering my weight lose. Thoughts?
  • AliEmoXxOo
    AliEmoXxOo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    SW:240
    Sunday 04/01- 223.4
    Sunday 04/08 220.4
    Sunday 04/15 217.6
    Sunday 04/22 216.8
    Sunday 04/29

Kinda bummed that I’m losing weight so slowly. I’m not super strict on my carb intake, I have my macros set to 44 grams of total carbs per day (10% for me) but I rarely get that high or go over, and I’ve been at or under my calorie limit most days. I’m still going to keto on because I feel better and don’t feel super hungry all the time, I just feel like in the past when I cut calories but ate whatever I want I initially lost weight faster. I guess I’ll try to get more strict and see what happens.
  • rae1388
    rae1388 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    mznik114 wrote: »
    **Happy Dance** :p;) Getting better and better at pushing forward! This week I was faced with a work birthday party with my FAVORITE cake! I cannot believe I didn't indulge. Later in the week I was faced with pizza...again...my FAVORITE! I'm so glad I chose to say no and turn my attention to something else! Not sure that it will ever get easier...but one day at a time!

@mznik114 That's so awesome that you stayed strong and turned away from PIZZA and CAKE! I know that wasn't easy. Way to go!
  • Mehs
    Mehs Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I wasnt super strict with my carbs this week but unlike last week, this time I tried. Gonna keep trying because it did pay off somewhat.
    4/6- 198.7
    Sunday 04/08: 197.6
    Sunday 04/15: 197.8. (+0.2)
    Sunday 04/22: 196.2. (-1.4)
    Not a huge drop but it went down :)
  • rae1388
    Options
    SW: 256.4 1/06/2018

4/01/2018 222
    4/08/2018 221
    4/15/2018 218
    4/21/2018 218

What in the heck. April is not turning out like I want to. Either I’m started to put on some muscle or not. Gotta start measuring myself cuz I had to make a hole in my belt and that is starting to feel loose. Maybe 214 is achievable.

I wonder, I’m doing OMAD. Should I be eating all the protein and fat amounts or is it good if I stay under? I wonder if not eating my daily amount is hindering my weight lose. Thoughts?

@shizzlebeef I don't know anything about OMAD personally, but I've heard that regardless of how many times you eat a day you still should try to hit your calorie and macro goals.
    I think it's better to see your pants feeling looser and having to tighten your belt, than the # on the scale. That's awesome! You should be happy about that. Unless you have a scale that is checking your fat & muscle % and are keeping up with those numbers, (I have one and watch them but don't 100% trust that it's completely accurate,) but just because your total weight didn't go down, doesn't mean that you didn't lose body fat. Way to go! I definitely think that is a win.
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Keto week 15 was not good for me. What I should say is KetoISH week 15 was not good for me. By ketoish, I mean high fat and high sugar (Not a good combo). I didn’t just over indulge in keto food, I caved to plain old sugar. Two nonketo (NK) luncheons and two NK dinners kind of set the stage for my bad week. I could have faired fine if I just managed those 4 occasions better but I didn’t.

Instead I used the old, I’ve blown it already - I might as well write off the rest of the day, excuse to indulge in other NK things. Results – for the only the second time in my 15 weeks of keto I gained weight. No worries though! I’m back on the real deal keto trail with no distractions in the for seeable future.

Here’s another thing I’ve noticed happens to me on ketoISH days/weeks. I have cravings that I struggle to fight off. When I’m keto clean I don’t seem to have cravings. When I do cave it seems to lead to another caving, then another, then another…….. I’m not trying to make excuses, but I think 4 NK eating events in one week overwhelmed the good habits I’ve been trying to build with keto. It has shown me that my old bad habits are out there just waiting for a crack in my keto plan to rush back in.

This week I gained 2.0 pounds putting me back to 166.4lbs and under 39 lbs lost again. I’m NOT going to set outcome (weight or BF%) goals for the rest of April or May. Instead my goals will be performance (keto clean or tracking) goals. That way my goals will be on me to accomplish, instead of me hoping the scale will have an outcome I desire. If you don’t play you can’t win! That said, my goal is to eat Keto Clean and track every day until May.

• phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    SW: 183
    CW: 175.5

Sunday 04/01=180
    Sunday 04/08=179.5
    Sunday 04/15=177.7
    Sunday 04/22=175.5
    Sunday 04/29

Happy with my weight progress this week, however i received my blood work and it's not the greatest. It's expected after a year of eating junky carbs and whatever i want. My doctor was debating on whether to put me on cholesterol meds, but we are going to wait until the next blood test in 6 months. He told me to stay away from sweets and carbs and is all on board with a low carb diet!

• NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @shizzlebeef I read recently that your body can only absorb so much protein from each meal. I'm not sure what it does with the rest after it's absorbed what it can but that's something I'm still looking into. If you're strength training you can fuel yourself pre & post workout to ensure your muscles are getting the protein needed to build. More lean muscle means more calorie burning. Maybe try something new and see if it works. If not you can go back to OMAD, or do OMAD on rest days.
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    @shizzlebeef wrote: I wonder, I’m doing OMAD. Should I be eating all the protein and fat amounts or is it good if I stay under? I wonder if not eating my daily amount is hindering my weight lose. Thoughts?

I’m not sure what your goal is? If your goal is to is to lose weight and gain/maintain muscle you should expect slow results as muscle is way heavier than fat. If you don’t want to lose muscle your protein target is important but there are other things to consider.

Of course, we are all experiments of one, and what works for me might not work for you. I’ve lost close to 40 pounds in 15 weeks and only lost 1.4 pounds of muscle mass. I’ve done that by staying pretty close to all of my macros and not trying to tweak any of them to tailor my results. I’ve also found that two meals a day in a 6-8 eating window works for me.

I’ve done OMADs on occasion but the 23 hour fasting is too extreme for me. Heck I get out of control even eating twice a day (last week I gained 2 pounds). I do exercise daily and I think that helps me maintain muscle. On the other hand, it makes me hungry and I know I couldn’t sustain eating only once daily and fasting that long.

I also want keto to become a lifestyle instead of just a process to reach a goal. Eating once a day seems extreme to me and I am certain I couldn’t do it for long. For me it is going to be slow and steady. Hopefully, for the rest of my life because I <3 eating fat.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @eggfooyamyam I prefer the "HOLY COW!" part. Can you really be a party pooper when you can liberally eat chicken wings, cheese and bacon?
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    rae1388 wrote: »
    Last night it just accured to me that I might be focusing on the wrong thing....
    When you tract your macros, do you just focus on the % between carbs/fat/protein, or do you actually try to reach the suggested grams per c/f/p? Technically if you are hitting the grams on all of them then you are hitting the % too, but I usually just typically focus on the % over all of them, not going over 15g in carbs, and getting close to my target of about 1200 calories. But that doesn't always mean I am hitting the suggested grams target in fat and protein, although I do try not to go over the suggested amount, but I rarely get to that point because my calorie target kind of keeps that from getting too high.

I've done it both ways and am able to track grams better than percentages. Not sure I've lost more weight this way but for my sanity, it was easier for me :) Protein= goal, Fat = lever, Carb = limit!
  • rae1388
    Options
    Sunday 04/01 132.4
    Sunday 04/08 131.4
    Sunday 04/15 131.2
    Sunday 04/22 130.8
    Sunday 04/29

I was actually shocked the number wasn't higher today. We went out for date night and I had a big dinner, so I thought I would wait a little late today to step on the scale, but then I ended up eating breakfast and a high calorie lunch. Also yesterday I did a total of 36g of carbs. I don't think that's too bad since I tried to keep my lunch yesterday as low as possible knowing we were going out to eat. But I'm ok with that, and especially because it was high because of sweet potatoes, at least it wasn't from other things.

My wins though mean more than my number. I did weigh 129.8 yesterday which I knew I wouldn't see for the weigh in today but it was good to see it say the 20's again. I also had one of those mirror moments, before even stepping on the scale, where I was getting ready and I looked at myself in the full mirror and felt like I could see my results. I felt like I could see my stomach had flattened down some, and I know it did because it gave me the confidence to try on my skinny jeans, one of the ones that I have saved even though I had done lapped over the top. Well I didn't lap over them and I felt so good in them that I wore them on my date night. That has made me do the happy dance.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    You see that .4 loss this week? THAT officially put me over the 80lb loss mark. YYYYYYYYAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! You know what THAT means!!! PROGRESS PIC TIME!!

Sunday 04/01 - 184.6
    Sunday 04/08 - 183.4 (-1.2)
    Sunday 04/15 - 182.4 (-1.0)
    Sunday 04/22 - 182.0 (-0.4)
    Sunday 04/29

Mr Nikki is still doing well. He told me yesterday he struggles with not eating a huge plate of carby food. We grew up eating a plate of rice & beans, and lots of root veggies at almost every meal. He doesn't love veggies so it's hard to replace the carbs he's used to eating.
    4/1 - 223.8
    4/8 - 212.8 (-11)
    4/15 - 209.8 (-3)
    4/22 - 206.8 (-3)

..............7/15/17 262.2...................1/06/18 198.3...................4/15/18 182.0

ao5n92x5x8in.jpg

WOW NikkiJRM...You look amazing! Congrats on your 80 lb loss! :smiley: You're so inspiring to the rest of us!
  • stormywxs288
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I <3 this group. I’ve been inspired every Sunday by all of your weekly progress posts and stories. Additionaly, it seems like I’ve picked up more tips, techniques and ideas about how to manage keto than any other source. I’ve come expect this forum as a place to seek inspiration. Today my high expectations were elevated to the next level.

Nikki your progress pictures blew me away! Your 9-month progress is phenomenal. I know there are others in our group with similar success and your stories inspire me too. But, Nikki your pictures are such concrete proof that keto is a transformative lifestyle. You literally are the picture of health , happiness and NY sassiness. I for one feel honored to be a member with you in this inspirational group.
  • mznik114
    mznik114 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    You see that .4 loss this week? THAT officially put me over the 80lb loss mark. YYYYYYYYAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! You know what THAT means!!! PROGRESS PIC TIME!!

Sunday 04/01 - 184.6
    Sunday 04/08 - 183.4 (-1.2)
    Sunday 04/15 - 182.4 (-1.0)
    Sunday 04/22 - 182.0 (-0.4)
    Sunday 04/29

..............7/15/17 262.2...................1/06/18 198.3...................4/15/18 182.0

ao5n92x5x8in.jpg

Nikki you look GREAT!!! Awesome accomplishment!!!
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well I seem to have hit a wall this week. I haven't been able to get much exercise lately. Hopefully now that the weather is gong to be warmer here i can get outside and walk. I've been cooped up too long. Gained back pretty much everything I had worked so hard to lose this month. Drat! It's got to be just water because I'm always deficit on calories every day. (Sigh)

Start Weight: 175.0 lbs
    Today's Weight: 164.0 lbs

Sunday 04/01 - 164 (-.5)
    Sunday 04/08 - 163 (-1)
    Sunday 04/15 - 162 (-1)
    Sunday 04/22 - 164 (+2)
    Sunday 04/29