• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,432 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2018
    Options
    A glass of wine a day for a whole month. One person's experience. Your mileage, should you attempt this, could (and probably would) vary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUah9NVOPjU
  • faithfornsKathie
    faithfornsKathie Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning. I'm new to this board but have been around a long time. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy Kathie. Welcome!

We are a very small group of mostly early risers, clock early that is.

We tried to migrate over here when NutriSystem closed their boards but only a few of us actually came here. And a few MFP users have posted over time, but some seem to have faded into the woodwork.

We also post some interesting (we hope) but not necessarily food related links and funny cartoons or videos. Some of the videos that do relate to food are definitely not meant to suggest that any of us should be eating the things posted, but they are just for amusement or maybe to make us wish we we could eat them. LOL.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to everyone!
    Kathie, hello!! Good to see you.

The Food Summit I've been trying to watch is still having issues, but I discovered yesterday when I missed one of the speakers, that if you watch the rerun, it comes thru perfect?!?!?! It is quite frustrating to have phrases repeated. Not every one, but I'd guess it was over 50%. So, I will listen later today.

I woke at 6 a.m., and decided it was much to early to get up and be coffee-less for hours. So, when I woke the second time it was of course later than I had in mind..so hopped thru the shower, etc, and arrived at little Doc's. Their computer system was down, and they couldn't draw my blood...(insurance billing issues...good grief). So, home and into my grubby clothes so I can go outside and trim or eradicate some of those brambles! And Yes Roger, I do need a new place to keep my garage door opener...It will have to be outside, and therein lies the problem! LOL! Major crisis? Not!!

Ed, weird food and a wine a day! Enjoyed your posts. I'll pass on the cheese drinks and the sparkles in my coffee too!! I try to remember to have a glass of wine..but mostly I forget to pour it!! :).

Wonder why, Roger, that grit accumulates where your brother sits in the living room? Almost has to have something to do with the soles of his shoes, I'd think. I might also be tempted to put a small throw rug in front of his chair? Easier to shake a rug than to vac. a whole room!! Just call me Lazy Mary!

Ok...time to get moving. I may take a little walk. Yesterday afternoon this new Fitbit suggested I might like to take a 'stroll'!! Just what I need, a bossy piece of GPS tracking that measures my heart rate and not only counts my steps, but judges me as well. ARG!!!

Later...
  • faithfornsKathie
    Options

Hi, sounds good to me. I was on the old NS boards and came to MFP when the boards shut down too.
    I get up early and leave for work early Tuesday thru Saturday.
    Always looking for support.
  • faithfornsKathie
    Options
    Good Morning to everyone!
    Kathie, hello!! Good to see you.

The Food Summit I've been trying to watch is still having issues, but I discovered yesterday when I missed one of the speakers, that if you watch the rerun, it comes thru perfect?!?!?! It is quite frustrating to have phrases repeated. Not every one, but I'd guess it was over 50%. So, I will listen later today.

I woke at 6 a.m., and decided it was much to early to get up and be coffee-less for hours. So, when I woke the second time it was of course later than I had in mind..so hopped thru the shower, etc, and arrived at little Doc's. Their computer system was down, and they couldn't draw my blood...(insurance billing issues...good grief). So, home and into my grubby clothes so I can go outside and trim or eradicate some of those brambles! And Yes Roger, I do need a new place to keep my garage door opener...It will have to be outside, and therein lies the problem! LOL! Major crisis? Not!!

Ed, weird food and a wine a day! Enjoyed your posts. I'll pass on the cheese drinks and the sparkles in my coffee too!! I try to remember to have a glass of wine..but mostly I forget to pour it!! :).

Wonder why, Roger, that grit accumulates where your brother sits in the living room? Almost has to have something to do with the soles of his shoes, I'd think. I might also be tempted to put a small throw rug in front of his chair? Easier to shake a rug than to vac. a whole room!! Just call me Lazy Mary!

Ok...time to get moving. I may take a little walk. Yesterday afternoon this new Fitbit suggested I might like to take a 'stroll'!! Just what I need, a bossy piece of GPS tracking that measures my heart rate and not only counts my steps, but judges me as well. ARG!!!

Later...

Hello
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Oh my. I found the color version!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTUruS-lnEo
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Simon's Cat was funny! Reaffirms my decision to not let Tom E. in my bedroom though. When we lived in TN Ted had a cat. I worked nights, slept days..boys at school. 'Bill the Kat' would perch in my window and watch for the school bus, and then would leap from the window onto my middle. 4 cat feet, felt like a ton each!

Got to the hen house!! Still have more to do, and another pile of brambles, vines, etc to haul off tomorrow. This truly is going to take all week.

Also little Doc's office called about 6p. and said they 'think' they will be safe scheduling me for Wednesday...what ever is wrong must have been a doozy!

See you in the morning....
  • GardenKatGardens
    Options
    Oh, Kathie, my name is Valerie in case you were wondering. long story, short ending...fb made me use my real name. Upset me, and half my friends from NS and more. Oh, well.
    later...
  • faithfornsKathie
    Options
    Oh my. I found the color version!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTUruS-lnEo

this is funny.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    dJtrv3.jpg

trecUD.gif

NdK5Os.jpg

i98Xq6.gif

ydAwQB.jpg

AKiUD2.gif

kwJpoh.jpg

Yo8RLT.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and 1 cent. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees. The walking was fine today.

I walked past a homeless guy with a sign that read,
    "One day, this could be you."
    I put my money back in my pocket,
    just in case he's right.

Diet Coke: Making people feel better about ordering two Big Macs and a large fry since 1982.

Some people have skeletons in their closet. I have a whole graveyard!

My grandma always said "Slow and steady wins the race.".... She died in a fire.

I remember when Halloween was the scariest night of the year. Now, it's Election night.

I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/04/26/nypd-sergeant-sues-starbucks/
    NYPD Sgt. Suing Starbucks After Violent Encounter In Busy Midtown Location Speaks Out

http://mentalflare.com/man-blocks-neighbor-driveway-hc-mf/?as=2020011089714&utm_campaign=man-blocks-neighbor-driveway-hc-mf_mf_us_english_desktop_c0_t0_v20180301&utm_content=dailymail-us&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=taboola&utm_term=67535313&bdk=b2020011089714
    Old Man’s Neighbor Blocked His Driveway With Cinder Blocks So He Taught Him An Expensive Lesson

www.wtxl.com/news/doctor-arrested-after-threatening-to-slit-employees-throats/article_879b06d6-4986-11e8-ab8e-cfe0bd4dbc51.html
    Doctor arrested after threatening to "slit" employees' throats

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japan-sumo-association-consider-opinions-female-ban-054347004--spt.html
    Japan Sumo Association to consider opinions on female ban
    TOKYO (AP) — The Japan Sumo Association says it will consider outside opinions from experts and the public over its much criticized policy of banning women from entering the sumo ring.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/saudi-authorities-shut-down-women-12447280
    Saudi authorities shut down women-only gym after video showing woman in tight-fitting attire emerges

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 44 out there now with an expected high of 75 and no chance of precipitation.

Need to probably do laundry today and maybe get a little grocery shopping done but don't think there is anything critical on the shopping list.

And need to get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned, the cats fed, and the dishwasher running.

We did see Labyrinth on the big screen last night. It was fun seeing it on there instead of on the television.
    Hi Ed
    Well I got my chore(s) done yesterday, Vacuuming and planted a couple more of last years Dahlias that started to sprout after sitting in water for a few days, We had suspected that they dried out too much over the winter since we did not get them packed away properly, Oops. My Brother got the lawn mowed, when he was starting is when I went to plant and a few spritzes of rain hit, the rain never really did happen beyond a few occasional spritzes.

I am not surprised it was more enjoyable on the big screen. Film is a much higher definition media than can be properly displayed on a TV set even a Nice HD set.
    Howdy Kathie. Welcome!

We are a very small group of mostly early risers, clock early that is.

We tried to migrate over here when NutriSystem closed their boards but only a few of us actually came here. And a few MFP users have posted over time, but some seem to have faded into the woodwork.

We also post some interesting (we hope) but not necessarily food related links and funny cartoons or videos. Some of the videos that do relate to food are definitely not meant to suggest that any of us should be eating the things posted, but they are just for amusement or maybe to make us wish we we could eat them. LOL.
    Ed, I suspect that most NS forum users went everywhere and what used to be a dynamic and helpful forum was not replaced in any way sadly.

The information that was on the NS forum such as user recipes and more were for the most part lost. I did save most of the NS provided recipes and the user suggested recipes on my computer and for safety to DVD.

I agree, some of them are so tasty looking :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

Hi Kathie
    Welcome, The more the merrier.
    Hi, sounds good to me. I was on the old NS boards and came to MFP when the boards shut down too.
    I get up early and leave for work early Tuesday thru Saturday.
    Always looking for support.

The old NS forum was so helpful when I joined NS due in a large part to other more experienced NS users helpful suggestions and advice.

I also saved money by using the forum, I bought more than one lot of NS food from other member that were either leaving NS or found that they had foods they were not using. That is something that has not really happened here, and although when I looked on Ebay or other sites the prices were not only not a saving they were higher than going direct.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 46 now with an expected high of 81 0% chance of rain in Peachtree Corners.

Sink has been cleared and breakfast eaten. I've given Lilo her Tuesday morning shot and need to get laundry going. I also need to get the cats fed.

I might get to the grocery store today as well and see if anything from last week's specials is needed, or I might just wait and go tomorrow to check out the new specials.

I might be going to Myrtle Beach for a night or two this weekend, as J's bosses are dying to meet me. It's a small company and they like to know the family. One of them actually already knows me because she used to live with us, in our apartment, when J first started working in the Atlanta area many years ago, as they both worked together then too, and both had the same issue of moving back and forth between Memphis and Atlanta, though she spent almost all of her time in the Atlanta area, going back to Memphis only to visit family.

Shortly thereafter she changed jobs and moved on but her husband and the owner of the company that they both now work for want to meet me too. The husband sees what I post on FaceBook and the owner was astonished one night when J was in Myrtle Beach and they were having dinner at a restaurant. I happened to look on Google Maps, noticed where J was, checked the menu (online) and texted EXACTLY what J was having for dinner, in the form of a question. Nailed it.

To be fair, the restaurant in question had a very limited vegetarian selection and, knowing J's tastes, I had little trouble figuring out that dinner was Penne with vodka marinara, and a garden salad, but this still rather stunned the boss. And I'm sure that some other items on the menu could have been adapted to be vegetarian. I, of course, saw several meat and seafood dishes on the menu that looked tasty to me.

They had wanted me to be there on that trip but Lilo was having some issues and I needed to stay home with her and the other cats, and besides, that trip was a whole week of meetings and it was also Dinah's first whole week out in general population with the other two cats, and there was no way we were going to disappear for a week. We haven't yet really looked for a pet sitter since we moved into the house here and generally just don't go very far or for more than a couple of nights since D moved back to Arizona and is no longer living here to do that for us.

We can leave enough of everything for a couple of nights. The cats don't like it, but you do what you have to.

Well, better get to finding some interesting videos, brew another mug of tea, and get the laundry going. The cats will get their food at the usual time, in an hour or two...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    The best cast iron skillet? One person's opinion anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXCGiRsUwLQ
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Top 5 healthiest nuts you can eat? (Remember, you are what you eat. I am definitely a nut...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urs-yISZAJY