Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    We got Kiara all taken care of at the vet this morning. She has one pill to take in a day or two, so I've set myself a reminder to give that pill to her on Friday. That should be fun...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi...
    Just finishing my dinner...and what a dinner... potatoes o'brian. (yeah Ed. All your posts about potatoes o'brian finally got to me...so I made some tonite) ...dessert was watermelon!

I waited the rain out this morning, but it put me hours behind for a Wednesday ... got home 15 minutes before Jack's appointed call time...got a text saying he was in a meeting.. But it was only about half an hour later when he called.

The story about the GA professor who let his students pick their own grades...what next? Surely wouldn't want to stress out the poor students.

I have managed to avoid getting wet this week...(ok, I showered...just didn't get showered upon)
    Met a young lady in Whole Foods...beginning/transitioning to veganism...and another today in Kroger!!! it was like 'wow'....they're everywhere!!

Ok, stuff to wind up so I can get to bed....and I'm watching the documentary about Princes Diana.

Tomorrow...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 71 out there with an expected high of 77 and 20% chance of rain.

Sink is cleared. I've been fed, and the pigs have been slopped. I mean the cats have been fed. Not a lot on the agenda today. Maybe (slight maybe) a run to Kroger.

Lilo is in my lap. Not sure if she wants the lap so much as to find a safe spot from that evil kitten who just won't leave her alone and always wants to play.

Speaking of which, Kiara just bounded up my left side, across the chair, past Lilo, and on to the back left corner of the desk where she can see everything. Including Lilo. And she's eyeing Lilo, but I think and hope she knows better than to mess with the queen when the queen is in my lap.

Kiara is the first cat we've had with golden yellow eyes. Twist had orange eyes that matched her orange tabby fur. The rest have all had green eyes, with maybe a hint of blue sometimes mixed in but not much. As such, Kiara's eyes really stand out against her white and black fur.

The kitten at the vet that we are not going to adopt (we keep saying that in hopes that we'll convince ourselves that we're not going to adopt him) has blue eyes and looks to be cream point (or maybe lilac point) Siamese with orange tabby thrown in, and who knows what else, because his main coloration matches the cream point Siamese very well, but his face shape and tail make it quite clear that he's a mutt. His tail stands out because it's full orange tabby striped, not at all matching the rest of his body coloration. He seems quite friendly.

Val, he's current on all shots and is neutered! (Hint, hint)...

• parityanimal
    Military diet: Lost 10 pounds in 3 days. Fact or fiction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYJRQ3EAo0
  • parityanimal
    And after losing that 10 pounds, let's have some cake to celebrate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyEGXhq4Gm0
  • parityanimal
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    c9o27q.jpg

9IbmeS.jpg

KOkUN2.jpg
    Now I need a flit Gun too

BdZyZH.jpg
    Me :)

VFWO10.jpg

zIvsNG.jpg

MmonWE.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 65 on the news channel and 63 degrees on the front porch.
    While I was out walking I picked up Winning Lottery Tickets for my Brother and I, I know they are winners as I told the Young fellow to make sure they are all Winners :)

Some interesting reading by following the links below.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/baby-boomers-who-won-t-sell-are-dominating-the-housing-market
    Baby Boomers Who Refuse to Sell Are Dominating the Housing Market
    By Prashant Gopal August 8, 2017, 5:00 AM EDT

http://freebeacon.com/culture/study-philadelphia-tax-makes-soda-expensive-beer/
    Study: Philadelphia Tax Makes Soda More Expensive Than Beer
    Tax falling short of projections, forcing Philadelphians to buy soda outside of city
    BY: Elizabeth Harrington Follow @LizWFB August 8, 2017 5:00 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/08/cruise-passengers-ordered-switch-lights-music-night-prepared/
    passengers ordered to switch off lights and music at night to 'be prepared for pirate attack'
    By Jonathan Pearlman, Sydney 8 August 2017 • 3:10pm

This one is just Yuck :(
    http://www.fox5ny.com/news/272599516-story
    Funeral home fined for reusing caskets
    Posted: Aug 08 2017 10:51AM EDT
    Updated: Aug 08 2017 11:21AM EDT
    MEMPHIS, Tenn

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hmm... Devaluing the Diploma IMO
    http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9551
    Prof lets students choose own grades for 'stress reduction'
    on Aug 07, 2017 at 11:34 AM EDT
    A University of Georgia professor has adopted a “stress reduction policy” that will allow students to select their own grades if they “feel unduly stressed” by the ones they earned.
    Similarly, students who feel stressed by "group dynamics" are allowed to walk away from their groups without explanation, and will only be graded on "non-group work."
    The professor acknowledges that "this policy might hinder the development of group skills and mastery of the class material," but says this is each student's own responsibility.

According to online course syllabi for two of Dr. Richard Watson’s fall business courses, he has introduced the policy because “emotional reactions to stressful situations can have profound consequences for all involved.”

More info by following the link

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

Well, I guess all the students pass that course! If it were up to me, I'd fire that professor or, if not fire-able, just don't let him teach anything important. Maybe underwater basket weaving or the like...
    Hi Ed
    I agree, Tenured or not lose that so called professor.
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 71 out there with an expected high of 77 and 20% chance of rain.

Sink is cleared. I've been fed, and the pigs have been slopped. I mean the cats have been fed. Not a lot on the agenda today. Maybe (slight maybe) a run to Kroger.

Lilo is in my lap. Not sure if she wants the lap so much as to find a safe spot from that evil kitten who just won't leave her alone and always wants to play.

Speaking of which, Kiara just bounded up my left side, across the chair, past Lilo, and on to the back left corner of the desk where she can see everything. Including Lilo. And she's eyeing Lilo, but I think and hope she knows better than to mess with the queen when the queen is in my lap.

Kiara is the first cat we've had with golden yellow eyes. Twist had orange eyes that matched her orange tabby fur. The rest have all had green eyes, with maybe a hint of blue sometimes mixed in but not much. As such, Kiara's eyes really stand out against her white and black fur.

The kitten at the vet that we are not going to adopt (we keep saying that in hopes that we'll convince ourselves that we're not going to adopt him) has blue eyes and looks to be cream point (or maybe lilac point) Siamese with orange tabby thrown in, and who knows what else, because his main coloration matches the cream point Siamese very well, but his face shape and tail make it quite clear that he's a mutt. His tail stands out because it's full orange tabby striped, not at all matching the rest of his body coloration. He seems quite friendly.

Val, he's current on all shots and is neutered! (Hint, hint)...
    Maybe You will get lucky ?? and someone else will adopt the kitten.

Could You say that all kittens are friendly ?

Cheers
    Roger

P.S. Thanks for the links
  • RogerToo
    Hi...
    Just finishing my dinner...and what a dinner... potatoes o'brian. (yeah Ed. All your posts about potatoes o'brian finally got to me...so I made some tonite) ...dessert was watermelon!

I waited the rain out this morning, but it put me hours behind for a Wednesday ... got home 15 minutes before Jack's appointed call time...got a text saying he was in a meeting.. But it was only about half an hour later when he called.

The story about the GA professor who let his students pick their own grades...what next? Surely wouldn't want to stress out the poor students.

I have managed to avoid getting wet this week...(ok, I showered...just didn't get showered upon)
    Met a young lady in Whole Foods...beginning/transitioning to veganism...and another today in Kroger!!! it was like 'wow'....they're everywhere!!

Ok, stuff to wind up so I can get to bed....and I'm watching the documentary about Princes Diana.

Tomorrow...

Hi Valerie
    I ended up eating store bought fruit chunks that my brother decided to buy for me yesterday. TBH the Cantaloupe and the HoneyDew Melon chunks were sort of crunchy as they needed to ripen more before slicing. One reason I do not buy them that way. Oh well, his motives were good :)

What next, why stress them out by requiring them to come to the school at all, Just give everyone a diploma :)
    The University's people seem to have gone "Whack a Doodle"

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Today is national lazy day, so here you go! An animated cartoon celebrating it. From long ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJng99du0G0
  • parityanimal
    After watching the lazy day, have some more cake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5upgBAGg3Y
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Tonight's dinner: Shepherd's pie. Three servings left over! There are some dishes I make that make me so glad I'm married to a vegetarian...though sharing this would have been lovely too. D used to eat some of it when he lived here.

qm5tcy5iome4.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 71 out there now with an anticipated high of 82 and 60% chance of rain.

Never did get to the store yesterday. Maybe today. And an old friend from high school is visiting Atlanta for a few days and I hope to get together with her for a short time while she's here.

We have orchid judging photography tomorrow but maybe one of the evenings or Sunday lunch...she's going back to Omaha Monday.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    A ferret shows her babies to her human. Very insistently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcCRZkeqFY8

• parityanimal
    Cakes with surprises inside!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUE8S8I6YyY
  • RogerToo
    cJGG7l.jpg

IFpI2N.jpg

d66fVF.jpg

OHc7GD.jpg

ehZTQP.jpg

8cpk1R.jpg

hQit0t.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch, FWIW.

Some interesting reading by following the links below.
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/36097070/teens-allegedly-stole-ice-cream-cake-from-london-ky-dunkin-donuts-as-part-of-social-media-prank
    Teens allegedly stole ice cream cake from London, Ky. Dunkin' Donuts as part of social media prank
    Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 10:32 AM EDT

http://www.11alive.com/news/eav-gym-owner-makes-no-apologies-for-no-cops-sign/462861350
    Atlanta gym owner makes no apologies for 'No Cops' sign
    Faith Abubey and Michael King , WXIA 5:32 PM. EDT August 09, 2017

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36097457/man-arrested-in-iowa-after-trying-to-deposit-1-million-bill :)
    Man arrested in Iowa after trying to deposit '$1 million' bill
    Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 11:07 AM EDT

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Tonight's dinner: Shepherd's pie. Three servings left over! There are some dishes I make that make me so glad I'm married to a vegetarian...though sharing this would have been lovely too. D used to eat some of it when he lived here.

qm5tcy5iome4.jpg
    Hi Ed
    Delicious looking, I suspect it tastes better than it looks.
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 71 out there now with an anticipated high of 82 and 60% chance of rain.

Never did get to the store yesterday. Maybe today. And an old friend from high school is visiting Atlanta for a few days and I hope to get together with her for a short time while she's here.

We have orchid judging photography tomorrow but maybe one of the evenings or Sunday lunch...she's going back to Omaha Monday.
    The best made plans and all that :)

High forecast in the 80s here too.

Enjoy the Orchid Judging
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi....I'm heading to bed again in just a few...
    Stayed up two nights in a row watching that Princess Di Documentary....conclusion? TV is EVIL!!! I am so tired, and then I watched cake decorating, and Rogers cartoons, and, and, and.
    Saw the pleas for adopting a cat...not gonna happen, guys! If I should out live Tom E. there will be another fur baby...but it will bark. :)
    So happy today is National Lazy Day...

Later...