Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    Kiara playing hide and peek!

iddusrvx4sdn.jpg

6f2lsqh6z2lx.jpg

1pf0k9cnwrar.jpg

ju5nwnmdc5j4.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi...way to late to even pretend its morning!
    Decided I'd have to stay away from the computer today, or at least a good part of it...got lots of little and big chores done today. Right now my ankle is killing me...so I'm sitting here with ice packs on my foot and ankle, hoping that helps.

I did have a nice shower this afternoon...I heard Tom E. yelling on the porch, in a meow-ish sort of loud way. Opened the door to let him in, and he was wet, and it was raining. Grabbed the red towel and dried off Tom Cat, and he thought I was going to feed him his dinner...umm, like noooo....I did offer him some treats, which is not at all what he wanted, anyway he made a general pest of himself, and after about 15 minutes he was 'invited' back outside. He'll get dinner, at dinner time. Meanwhile there was dry kibble, and kitty treats, so its not like he was going to starve to death before 6 pm.

Kiara is a very photogenic kitty...and a bit of a tease??? Cute pix.

Roger wrote:
    Hi Valerie
    That was on the 4th, and the complete line reads
    Saw the Cheezburger links online yesterday from fb. They always have great kitty pix and video's.. Enjoyed seeing Kiera pix in Lilo's box. Wild cats just aren't box cats very much. Wish the had been.

Does that help?
    Yep Roger that surely did help... The screwed up word, is 'the'...and it should have been THEY...
    'Wish they had been" :)
    Water tower on fire...time to call in the neighboring fire departments with tanker trucks!

Ok, icing time is up...time to get 'back to it'

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Well, I got the first load of laundry just now finishing up in the dryer, and the second load will go in as soon as I get it out.

Got the bathrooms cleaned too, mostly. Still a shower to do, but I'll get to it...

Lunch and dinner were both made from a pack of boneless, mostly white meat pork ribs that I roasted in the toaster oven with some barbecue sauce basted on for the last 15 minutes. Half the pack (3 ribs) was lunch and the other 3 ribs were dinner. Breakfast tomorrow might just be bacon and toast again, as I still have plenty of bacon in there from the camping trip and I'm getting through it, a few slices at a time!

Yes, Kiara is definitely a bit of a tease.

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    TB6Z86.jpg

85o2UG.jpg

vdaJ0u.jpg

xf0S9J.gif

fFjELG.gif

Ox88ku.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch.
    It was pleasant walking this morning until it drizzled on me. There is heavy rain in the forecast for today with predicted totals from 1/4 inch to 2 inches depending on where You are in NJ with the lightest being in the Northwest corner and the heaviest being in Southern NJ.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi...way to late to even pretend its morning!
    Decided I'd have to stay away from the computer today, or at least a good part of it...got lots of little and big chores done today. Right now my ankle is killing me...so I'm sitting here with ice packs on my foot and ankle, hoping that helps.

I did have a nice shower this afternoon...I heard Tom E. yelling on the porch, in a meow-ish sort of loud way. Opened the door to let him in, and he was wet, and it was raining. Grabbed the red towel and dried off Tom Cat, and he thought I was going to feed him his dinner...umm, like noooo....I did offer him some treats, which is not at all what he wanted, anyway he made a general pest of himself, and after about 15 minutes he was 'invited' back outside. He'll get dinner, at dinner time. Meanwhile there was dry kibble, and kitty treats, so its not like he was going to starve to death before 6 pm.

Kiara is a very photogenic kitty...and a bit of a tease??? Cute pix.

Roger wrote:
    Hi Valerie
    That was on the 4th, and the complete line reads
    Saw the Cheezburger links online yesterday from fb. They always have great kitty pix and video's.. Enjoyed seeing Kiera pix in Lilo's box. Wild cats just aren't box cats very much. Wish the had been.

Does that help?
    Yep Roger that surely did help... The screwed up word, is 'the'...and it should have been THEY...
    'Wish they had been" :)
    Water tower on fire...time to call in the neighboring fire departments with tanker trucks!

Ok, icing time is up...time to get 'back to it'

Later...

Hi Valerie
    You have a Crazy Cat :)

Thank You for the clarification.

I hope Your ankle gets better quickly.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Well, I got the first load of laundry just now finishing up in the dryer, and the second load will go in as soon as I get it out.

Got the bathrooms cleaned too, mostly. Still a shower to do, but I'll get to it...

Lunch and dinner were both made from a pack of boneless, mostly white meat pork ribs that I roasted in the toaster oven with some barbecue sauce basted on for the last 15 minutes. Half the pack (3 ribs) was lunch and the other 3 ribs were dinner. Breakfast tomorrow might just be bacon and toast again, as I still have plenty of bacon in there from the camping trip and I'm getting through it, a few slices at a time!

Yes, Kiara is definitely a bit of a tease.
    Hi Ed]
    Nice looking cat.

I was at the ShopRite yesterday, I now have some proteins on hand for use the next two days.
    Which would be Cooked Beef and Chicken.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 73 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 50% chance of rain.

I've got to fold the last load of laundry from yesterday at some point and that might actually happen today! The sink has been cleared, I did get the cat boxes scooped and the garbage and recycles to the curb yesterday AND ran the dishwasher, which was emptied this morning and all the clean dishes put away.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning...for a rainy Monday
    Got some rain overnight, not sure how much. Will go outside and look later. (the gauge is in a big garden pot, and there are 'leaves' from the liriope blocking my view this morning.

Not sure what's on the agenda for today...I need banana's, and would 'like' a couple other things, so I may go to the gym...and pick up at the Mexican Market next door. 2 errands, one parking spot!

Yes Roger, Tom E. is a Crazy Cat. Comes from being an alpha cat all his life, and finding himself without a 'pride', except for me, or so he thinks. Poor thing is just frustrated.

Coffee's getting cold...will check in, wait for it....wait...wait

Later!!!

• parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Front walk has been cleared of four o'clocks again. They tend to droop and sag, eating the sidewalk and making it look like a jungle adventure trying to get to and from the front door. ESPECIALLY after a heavy rain like last night. Periodically I have to go out there and just kind of bend them all back, and sort of fold them parallel to the house, to get them off the sidewalk and make it look passable.

And the laundry is folded! Not all put away as yet, but J is still asleep. I think Lilo is probably in there with J and Kiara may have been but as I was just getting my second cup of tea Kiara popped up in the kitchen, from somewhere, maybe the living room, and meowed at me as she meandered over to the water bowl and probably to peer out the laundry room window.

• parityanimal
    Irish people taste test Little Debbie treats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1bhIxUEc9w
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    A hasty pudding from the 18th century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxg_dvGhIKk
  • parityanimal
    Shower cleaned up too! I made Eddie do it because I didn't want to shower one more time in a dirty shower. :)
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Braised sirloin tip with herb mashed potatoes and green beans on the side. Medium glass of red wine with it.

I should get two or three more meals from this. I cooked extra potatoes and green beans for that purpose too.

:)

• GardenKatGardens
    Good morning! Tuesday!
    Incredible day yesterday. Nope, didn't win the lottery. Pulled myself together and made that gym run. I was reintroduced to a young woman I knew when she was a tiny little thing. She is the daughter of my gym owner. She was a joy as a child and in what seems to be overnight has morphed into a beautiful, centered, wonderful young woman!
    Then on to the market for a couple of items, and home. Avoiding two torrential downpours in the process
  • GardenKatGardens
    edited August 2017
    Well nuts!
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 65 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch.

It rained Yesterday starting more heavily late morning and was still raining at 7PM. According to the Cable news channel we had around .7 inches of rain. That means a couple more days we will not need to water.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    QGHXg3.jpg

axS6hh.jpg

u7GdDM.jpg

Tso0E8.jpg

y0V6iT.jpg

VxzZMr.jpg