Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Bz5i67.jpg

gNlg37.jpg

rBJNKu.jpg

AQqRBw.jpg

Mt6ODM.jpg

CZDhvc.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2017
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 76 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity still in the uncomfortable range.
    We had a thunderstorm roll through yesterday afternoon and another one this morning Before I went walking for my coffee. It appears that there was a lot of rain overnight. I did get hit with a couple of drizzles while walking, They were not enough to make me put on the disposable rain poncho.

It just seems like some people have gone wack-a-doodle with this one.
    https://patch.com/california/hollywood/fido-fluffy-are-hurting-environment-ucla-study-says
    Fido And Fluffy Are Ruining The Environment, UCLA Study Says
    America's beloved dogs and cats play a significant role in causing global warming, according to a new study by UCLA.
    By Paige Austin (Patch Staff) - Updated August 3, 2017 3:14 pm ET
    LOS ANGELES, CA — When it comes to global warming, Fido and Fluffy are part of the problem, a new study by UCLA indicates.

Most cat or dog lovers would say they can't imagine living in a world without pets, but as the threat of global warming increases, environmentally conscious pet lovers may need to make some tough choices, according to the study.

Pet ownership in the United States creates about 64 million tons of carbon dioxide a year, UCLA researchers found. That's the equivalent of driving 13.6 million cars for a year. The problem lies with the meat-filled diets of kitties and pooches, according to the study by UCLA geography professor Gregory Okin.
    You can visit the link for the rest of the article.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 70 out there now with an expected high of about 87 and 30% chance of rain.

So when WILL we be going to Celsius as our official temperatures anyway? Maybe I should start posting both, to get used to the idea, but somehow I doubt it will happen in my lifetime. But other things that I thought wouldn't happen in my lifetime have happened, so one never knows...

Got some sweeping done but need to give the bathrooms a cleaning. I hate doing the bathrooms.

I got back into ordering from Schwan's as they seem to have (not sure when) got home delivery re-instated in this area. When I first moved down home delivery wasn't happening around here, and if I wanted anything from them it had to be shipped, and the shipping for my small orders was too much. I never wanted enough to make an order that was big enough for free shipping. I think it had to be over $75 dollars and even then only sometimes free, during specials.

I had home delivery while in Memphis and liked a lot of the frozen stuff, especially in the LIVESMART category, and would also sometimes get ice cream or pizza. They deliver every two weeks here, and I got my first home delivery two weeks ago, with some jalapeño cheese snacks that J liked when Kroger briefly had a similar item, and some ice cream for summer indulgence.

Today's order has some more of the Zesty Jalapeño Bites and some Mozzarella sticks for J, and some Breaded Blue Hake and Tortilla-Encrusted Alaskan Sole for me, both from the LIVESMART category. I used to LOVE the Hake from Schwan's, though it was Hake tenderloins that I used to get. We'll see if these breaded portions are as good. I could live without the breading on either fish but figure that little bit of breading on it won't make too much of a difference if I go easy on the sides.

I usually grill or broil my fish, unbreaded, with light seasoning and maybe a little lemon or a light sauce but do enjoy breaded fish once in a while. I LOVE pecan or walnut encrusted fish, and have made that a time or too myself.

If you're interested in the Schwan's items (they USED to make some of the frozen NS items and deliver the frozen NS stuff, but I think NS changed vendors), look at WWW.SCHWANS.COM.

Well, cats have been recharged ... er I mean fed, and I've eaten. Later, gators!
    Hi Ed
    Interesting foods when I look at the link You posted. So many of them are sort of high calorie and carb however. Available by shipping where I am. The price posted showed $49.99 for free shipping and $1.75 under that amount.
    The high tech way of tracking students sounds like a good idea, but what if a student starts to get on the bus, thus "swiping" and then runs back to get something they forgot? Will the bus "know" that the student didn't actually finish getting on the bus or will the bus then "think" that the child is getting OFF the bus when the child returns to get on the bus for real? I'm sure they could find ways of ensuring that this doesn't happen, but if not carefully done, there could be some seriously mis-tracked students!

The headline made me remember back to when the government employees were concerned about "Big Brother" possibly watching where they went with their government issued blackberry or cell phones, all of which, of course, could have been trackable by the built in GPS.

I never worried about it. I figured if some bored GS7 tech wanted to see where I was going to dinner, let him. I guess some were worried that they'd be monitoring where they went and might catch them going into an "adult" entertainment venue or the like. Again, if it's on your own time, who really gives a KITTEN? It wold be highly unlikely that such technology would be used to track everyone all the time and unless they had some compelling reason to track a given individual's movements, it wasn't likely to happen anyway. And any such individual who needed to be tracked would likely either WANT to be tracked (for safety reasons) or smart enough to leave the device when going somewhere shady...might conceivably catch a few dumb criminals though, or shady individuals, at least at first.
    I also figure if someone wants to track me, so what :)
    Garbage men did not take away the old wheelbarrow...so I will have to call them for a special pickup...or break it into pieces, and bag it :). I was actually kinda thinking I might do that and ditch the wooden frame, and keep the 'bucket' part. It might make a dandy place to grow winter greens. (lettuces).

In my neighborhood we've found that just about anything extra we leave out at the curb gets picked up by SOMEONE. Not necessarily the garbage men, but it disappears nonetheless. We did special call for some items once that were about as useless as could get. I forget exactly what they were, but we didn't think anyone would be mysteriously picking them up.

We left the old microwave oven out there and within two days it was gone. :)
    Around here if You leave it at the curb it will go if useful, OTOH taping a large note that says free works quicker.

I got rid of a broken Laundry basket into recycling, OTOH I did it when I took out the 1/2 liter bottles of cold water for the two men on the truck... Otherwise I am sure a note that said please recycle would have worked too.
    FOOD REVIEW: Schwan's Tortilla-Encrusted Alaskan Sole

Very tasty, and a surprisingly delicious green tomatillo salsa to serve with it.

I had it with some steamed green beans (home frozen) and bread and butter.

Wine choice to go with it was a nice dry Riesling.

For the food I give it a good, solid 4.5. I truly believe that I could do a bit better myself, but I've never tried making tortilla-encrusted Alaskan sole before, so can't be sure of that. The Schwan's version is delicious, flaky, and goes very well with the green tomatillo salsa packaged with the fish.

Problematical bit: Clearly designed to be two sets of "dinner for two" as the package is filled with 4 nice sized pieces of fish and only 2 packets of the salsa, large enough to clearly be meant for use on 2 pieces of fish each. As Jason doesn't eat fish, I set back half of the salsa and I guess I'll be having another piece of the fish in the next couple of days. Maybe for breakfast tomorrow! I didn't want to cook two pieces and face warming it up in the microwave, and messing up the nice crispiness of the crust.

Summation:

Taste: 4.5

Price: $$ at 16.99 for four home servings, but still considerably cheaper than a comparable dinner at a restaurant, assuming you can even find tortilla-encrusted Alaskan sole at a restaurant.

Overall, very satisfactory for home delivered frozen food.

Link to the product, which has its internal link to nutrition stats.

http://www.schwans.com/products/product?id=52060&c1=10435

Nice that You enjoyed it. The multi serving sizes could be a problem for me.

FWIW the Pecan or Walnut crust sounds delicious too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 70 out there now with an expected high of 89 and 0 percent chance of rain.

Pool party today. The baked beans are in the oven.

I've been up since 6:30 but distracted by feeding the cats, cooking and eating another piece of the Alaskan sole for breakfast, and getting the baked beans into the oven. Then, went ahead and showered up so I won't have to rush that just before we leave for the pool party.

We're going to be helping set up this time, and hopefully someone else will be helping with clean up as we'll want to get on home and see how well the cats behaved. They seem to be getting along fairly well. Kiara still pushes the limits as she wants to play a lot more than Lilo does, but Lilo seems to be pretty good at keeping her at bay when she needs to.

Kiara is on the "high spot" of my desk clutter right now, watching me internet and Lilo is, I think, taking a nap in one of the bedroom kitty beds.

Kiara will likely get bored with watching me internet as it's not very exciting, and then she'll either nap or dash from window to window to see what's going on in the outside world.

Well, she just jumped down to J's computer chair and she may well stay there for a while as it's becoming a favorite spot for her to relax, when J's not sitting in it.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...TGIF!
    This is going to be a work day, as yesterday deteriorated into couch potato nothingness!

I'd like to make a WF run...Jonesing for some Chicken Fried Tofu.. but the problem is, if I drive over there and they don't have it, then I'm grumpy the rest of the day...OR, I could just drive intown and go to the MidTown store...where they will have what I want, but its a rather long trip for a couple bucks worth of tofu...(my trips intown tend to run about 44 miles round trip)

Roger asked why they can't inject the inner ankle...since its the cartilage and spreads from ankle to about a quarter way up my lower leg...there really isn't any place to inject, unlike a joint where there is a bursa sac.... I'm sure I am getting some relief from the injection as the steroids don't exactly stay in the bursa, but tend to drift thru out the body...but, its still sore, tender, hurtful, none the less.

Garbage men did not take away the old wheelbarrow...so I will have to call them for a special pickup...or break it into pieces, and bag it :). I was actually kinda thinking I might do that and ditch the wooden frame, and keep the 'bucket' part. It might make a dandy place to grow winter greens. (lettuces).

Ed, I do use my Kroger card, first got it when I worked the Starbucks kiosk, and got a flat discount as an employee. I do get nice coupons 2-3 times a month, and they are things that they track thru my card. Sometimes I get lucky and get a $5 off coupon..those are nice too!!!
    Since Costco is on the way to Kroger, I do buy my gas there. But, I know Jack and Jenn use Kroger gas and feel like it saves them a good bit of money...but then drives the big Sienna, and Jack drives 2 hours round trip 4 days a week to and from work..so they go thru a lot of gasoline!

Saw the Cheezburger links online yesterday from fb. They always have great kitty pix and video's.. Enjoyed seeing Kiera pix in Lilo's box. Wild cats just aren't box cats very much. Wish the had been.

Ok, heading to the kitchen for some breakfast, and then I have a load of dark clothes in the dryer from yesterday, and then the list just goes on and on and on...

Later...

Hi Valerie
    As I mentioned to Ed, maybe a note to the effect "Please Take" would have worked, OTOH if it looked like it could damage the compactor mechanism then I can not blame them.

I will mention that My Brother got rid of a old Piano that no one wanted and he tried too. So he broke it down into manageable weight pieces and the garbage men took it that way. It was private garbage where he lived then, not a Municipal garbage pickup.

Also they do pick up bulk garbage twice a month. You are supposed to attach one of the two coupons they supply each year. They do not seem to monitor that. The whole county I live in is a tough place to get rid of electronics as they do not have anybody that will take what the pick up. Same problem for Florescent BTW.

You said "Wish the had been." I am not sure what You meant.

Thank You for the explanation on regarding the ankle
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Well, it wasn't too difficult to set back half the packet of salsa when I only cooked one piece of the fish last night. The remaining three pieces just stayed in the ziplock freezer bag they came in until I got one more out this morning to have for breakfast.

You may have noticed that the two items I bought for ME came from the LiveSmart selections. There's a reason for that. :)

The remaining two pieces of sole, and the other bag of salsa are still in the freezer for the making of two other meals. I haven't opened the box on the other fish yet, so don't know exactly how it's internally packaged. My memory says several of their multi-serving items are set up as "dinner for two" in the internal packaging, but it's usually easy enough for me to just remove enough for one serving and re-wrap the rest. Some items are individually packaged, and some just bulk packaged.

Not sure what I'll order for the next delivery in two weeks, but I'll be pondering some more of the LiveSmart items I'm sure.

• parityanimal
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited August 2017
    Good Saturday Morning...
    Well, like the cat in the cartoon this morning, yesterdays business turned out to be melting into the couch...more like marathon catching up on reading articles, recipe's etc from the internet.
    That can't happen again today! Stuff is falling behind. Although I did make sure the sink was cleared and the dishwasher run before I turned out the kitchen lights. (and the dishwasher was unloaded this morning before I sat down at the computer.
    Ok, slight break, Tom E was hungry which reminded me was hungry too...so..my greens and potato are in front of me and I'll eat while I type..ok?

Roger said: You said "Wish the had been." I am not sure what You meant.
    Well, Roger neither do I know what I meant. Please do me a favor and include a date that you're referring to, or give me a bigger 'clue'!!! LOL!! (that sounds grumpy....trust me its not meant to be grumpy).

Ed, how was the house when you got home last evening? Hope the two kitties behaved and didn't trash the house. I watched the cookies being decorated while I ate my greens, beans, and potato breakfast...cookies looked better than breakfast! :)

Need to go thru about a dozen emails that didn't go directly to trash when I did my quick run thru. its getting late, later, and still later...

Later... ( :) )

• parityanimal
    The house is fine. The cats were both glad to have us back home. I'm sure Kiara, just getting used to this neat, new environment, wasn't too pleased with her people disappearing all day. And Lilo NEVER likes for us to disappear all day.
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 67 out there now with an expected high of 89 and 0% chance of rain.

Kiara just knocked something off J's desk so I better see what it is.

I've been fed and the cats have been fed. Sink is clear. Laundry should be on the agenda for today. We'll see...

Update: It was his wireless mouse she knocked off. I put it back on the desk but further back in a place she's not likely to knock it off from.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • RogerToo
    op9HZ8.jpg
    Hmm...

CrD4kP.jpg

THT6Xg.jpg

nvxi70.jpg

llWPlW.jpg
    Oops

EuIhXt.jpg

Ih3ZkU.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 64 on the news channel and 61 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity still in the uncomfortable range.

While out walking I stopped for 20 minutes and had two Eggs, Rye Toast and a few of the Home Fries :)
    That will be my entire mornings food.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Well, it wasn't too difficult to set back half the packet of salsa when I only cooked one piece of the fish last night. The remaining three pieces just stayed in the ziplock freezer bag they came in until I got one more out this morning to have for breakfast.

You may have noticed that the two items I bought for ME came from the LiveSmart selections. There's a reason for that. :)

The remaining two pieces of sole, and the other bag of salsa are still in the freezer for the making of two other meals. I haven't opened the box on the other fish yet, so don't know exactly how it's internally packaged. My memory says several of their multi-serving items are set up as "dinner for two" in the internal packaging, but it's usually easy enough for me to just remove enough for one serving and re-wrap the rest. Some items are individually packaged, and some just bulk packaged.

Not sure what I'll order for the next delivery in two weeks, but I'll be pondering some more of the LiveSmart items I'm sure.
    Hi Ed
    If I said I had not noticed that would You believe me ?

Update: I just looked again under meals and I do not see a LiveSmart category, I did see a Low Calorie Category That I have put a shortcut too on the Desktop for future reference. I need to make more room in the freezer at the moment as I have a Autodelivery on the 25th.
    My Brother will mot touch Avocados, However I think he would eat those in the video :)
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 67 out there now with an expected high of 89 and 0% chance of rain.

Kiara just knocked something off J's desk so I better see what it is.

I've been fed and the cats have been fed. Sink is clear. Laundry should be on the agenda for today. We'll see...

Update: It was his wireless mouse she knocked off. I put it back on the desk but further back in a place she's not likely to knock it off from.
    Maybe some rain today before midnight, However tomorrow is forecast to be a wet day :(
    Today is supposed to be much cooler and less humid, yea!

I have done the same thing with the wireless mouse, so far it has survived the fall.
    I am using a Logitech Wireless mouse that seems to have much, much better battery life than the old one I used from them before. The old one I was using a set of batteries every month.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Hi Ed
    If I said I had not noticed that would You believe me ?

Update: I just looked again under meals and I do not see a LiveSmart category, I did see a Low Calorie Category That I have put a shortcut too on the Desktop for future reference. I need to make more room in the freezer at the moment as I have a Autodelivery on the 25th.

LiveSmart isn't on that part of the menu, but way up on top. When you go to the site, there is a large red block with a swan in the upper left. Look to the right of the swan for a listing of "special" categories, including SALE, NEW, SIGNATURE, LIVESMART, GRILLING, and RECIPES. There is no colored background for this listing so it doesn't exactly jump out at the user. A little farther over you'll see GIFTS, REWARDS, and AUTO-REORDER.

On the individual pages for items it will also show whether the item in question is a LiveSmart item, as a green box that says LIVEsmart. I've been quite pleased with all the items I've selected from that category.

• RogerToo
    Good Saturday Morning...
    Well, like the cat in the cartoon this morning, yesterdays business turned out to be melting into the couch...more like marathon catching up on reading articles, recipe's etc from the internet.
    That can't happen again today! Stuff is falling behind. Although I did make sure the sink was cleared and the dishwasher run before I turned out the kitchen lights. (and the dishwasher was unloaded this morning before I sat down at the computer.
    Ok, slight break, Tom E was hungry which reminded me was hungry too...so..my greens and potato are in front of me and I'll eat while I type..ok?

Roger said: You said "Wish the had been." I am not sure what You meant.
    Well, Roger neither do I know what I meant. Please do me a favor and include a date that you're referring to, or give me a bigger 'clue'!!! LOL!! (that sounds grumpy....trust me its not meant to be grumpy).

Ed, how was the house when you got home last evening? Hope the two kitties behaved and didn't trash the house. I watched the cookies being decorated while I ate my greens, beans, and potato breakfast...cookies looked better than breakfast! :)

Need to go thru about a dozen emails that didn't go directly to trash when I did my quick run thru. its getting late, later, and still later...

Later... ( :) )
    Hi Valerie
    That was on the 4th, and the complete line reads
    Saw the Cheezburger links online yesterday from fb. They always have great kitty pix and video's.. Enjoyed seeing Kiera pix in Lilo's box. Wild cats just aren't box cats very much. Wish the had been.

Does that help?

I'm a little behind posting this info...
    Thursday I went to add some things to the iPod and no luck. So I tried uninstalling several ways one of which was the Apple way that uninstalls many things, in addition I removed all the left behind apple folders. Nope, Then I tried doing all that again plus editing every reference to Apple and Itunes in the Registry using built-in to windows a Microsoft tool and still no joy. Finally three hours later I threw in the towel and called Apple support :)
    It turned out to be a unchecked box that I had never touched. My guess is that the latest upgrade may have done it.

Now that I was able to put the new items into the iPod I am currently listening to Niven's 4 book Dreampark Scf-Fi series while walking having finished his Ringworld Sci-Fi series.
    If interested https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Park
    More info from the link
    Dream Park is a 1981 novel written by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes set in a futuristic amusement park of the same name. It was later expanded into a series of books.

The books describe a futuristic form of live action role-playing games (LARPs), although the term was not in use when the original novel was published. The novels inspired many LARP groups, notably the International Fantasy Games Society, named after a fictional entity in the book.[1] A company by the name of Dream Park was founded in the mid-1990s to try to realize as much of Dream Park as possible, but eventually went out of business.[citation needed]

The Dream Park novels were written by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes. The novels set in Dream Park are:

Dream Park (1981) - Locus Award nominee, 1982[2]
    The Barsoom Project (1989)
    The California Voodoo Game (1992)
    The Moon Maze Game (2011)

The Dream Park series is set in a near-future Earth, the first book taking place in March 2051. Technology is used to create realistic games in which participants act out the roles of free-willed protagonists in various stories. These are role-playing games and foreshadowed many aspects of modern live action role-playing games.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird for email...
    Many Emails I hold the Shift key while hitting the delete key for permanent deletion. If not sure I only use the delete key and they go to a trash folder, just in case. Others I archive in a new folder within Thunderbird.

I also use a program called "MozBackup" That Backs up all the Content and settings etc. Customizable as to what You want to Back. I use it to back up FireFox and Thunderbird into two backups that can also be used to move everything to a new computer, restore the firefox backup for example and The favorites and save passwords are and add ins are ready to go in the new install, likewise with the Thunderbird backups.

Cheers
    Roger