Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,182 Member
    Latest Bloomer

t84qcgt0rxzs.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hello!!
    Oh,my,...so many fun things to see today! The cat with the measuring tape looks almost exactly like Tom E. (and about as bright too) :)
    I liked the 'auto correct' on the commandment tablet, and I also in that bunch loved the gray and purple bed spread that looked 3 dimensional.
    And Ed's latest bloomer! Really beautiful...and quite an increase in your plant numbers! WOW!!

Had a good time with Ted yesterday, we got the ivy that was coming into my yard done in record time, 4 hands made that pretty quick work! But, it was in the sun, and getting hot or as Ted kept saying its the humidity..I don't doubt he was right, but ;);)...it was HOT!! :) He got the fallen limb out of the back yard, and we fixed the gate opener, so it can be opened from both sides, or not if we don't want it to be opened from outside...

Did a few other things, talked about an electric lawn mower, would be nice...but not necessary just yet..and we ended up at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch.
    He was on his way to RCI, and he had another errand , and wanted to be home to watch a 4pm Soccer game... (I took a nap!)

Today, I went out and mowed the lawn...we would have yesterday, but the humidity/dew point was so high that at noon the grass was still as wet as if I'd just watered it. Last night the front came thru, and dropped the humidity and when I went out about 10:30a.m. the grass was already dry. After mowing I weed wacked...till I'd drained both batteries...all done.

Tom E's a mess... Yesterday I laid down on the couch in the living room, something I very rarely do, and Tom joined me...all went well, I watched the news, petted the cat...cat happy! Tonite the little Beast bit me after laying down for about 5 minutes....what the hey????? Cat is just not bright. He may have been the alpha cat, but as they died off, it became real apparent who the 'brainy' one was....and it wasn't Tom!!!

Ok, kitchen's closed, dishwasher finished washing, and is now drying...I may just go start a load of clothes or not...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 63 out there now with an expected high of 88 and 0% chance of rain.

Need to fold some towels and underwear in the dryer and empty the dishwasher and then the sink. And feed the cats and feed me.

Kiara has discovered the desktops. She discovered a while back that laptop computers are warm so we have to close them when not in use, but those are in the living room. This morning she discovered that desktops have STUFF ON THEM. STUFF that can be played with and knocked off! Whee!

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited July 2017
    kHMQqA.jpg

rhOV11.jpg

g0CBOy.jpg

VhBbSl.jpg

3tupBB.jpg

6VLmGX.jpg

jTvs1H.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 66 on the news channel and 64 degrees on the front porch.
    It was pleasant walking this morning.
    Yesterday I fixed one of the showers. The Pipe that comes out of the wall to old the Diverter that diverts between the Shower Head and the Hand wand had corroded at the end where the diverter attaches and was leaking. I ordered a New Pipe and when I went to change it the pipe broke off at the fitting in the wall :( So I ordered a set of Easy Outs and they worked to remove the broken off end of the pipe. Some Teflon Tape on the new pipe to prevent leaks and all is now installed and working again.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/28/ferrari-driver-crashes-288000-supercar-just-an-hour-after-purchase.html
    Ferrari driver wrecks supercar just an hour after he bought it
    Owner had possession of car for just one hour
    Car one of only 499 ever built
    Police believe excess speed not a factor
    David Reid | @cnbcdavy Friday, 28 Jul 2017 | 11:46 AM ET

A driver in the United Kingdom has destroyed his Ferrari supercar in an accident after owning it for just one hour.
    Police in South Yorkshire said the driver was able to walk away with just cuts and bruises after the Ferrari 430 "went airborne and burst into flames" in South Yorkshire on Thursday.
    xWEh5E.jpg
    It's unclear what he paid for the car, but it was one of only 499 ever sold with an original list price of $288,000. These cars currently fetch between $80,000 to $220,000 according to one dealer.
    In a statement on Facebook police added: "Officers asked the driver what sort of car he 'had' to which he replied 'It was a Ferrari'."
    "Detecting a sense of damaged pride he then said 'I've only just got it, picked it up an hour ago'."
    The Ferrari 430 Scuderia can reach 60 miles per hour in 3.3 seconds and has a reported top speed of 198 miles per hour.
    But in an update Friday, police said they "do not believe excess speed was a contributory factor in this collision."

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!!
    Oh,my,...so many fun things to see today! The cat with the measuring tape looks almost exactly like Tom E. (and about as bright too) :)
    I liked the 'auto correct' on the commandment tablet, and I also in that bunch loved the gray and purple bed spread that looked 3 dimensional.
    And Ed's latest bloomer! Really beautiful...and quite an increase in your plant numbers! WOW!!

Had a good time with Ted yesterday, we got the ivy that was coming into my yard done in record time, 4 hands made that pretty quick work! But, it was in the sun, and getting hot or as Ted kept saying its the humidity..I don't doubt he was right, but ;);)...it was HOT!! :) He got the fallen limb out of the back yard, and we fixed the gate opener, so it can be opened from both sides, or not if we don't want it to be opened from outside...
    Hi Valerie
    Lower humidity does make a huge difference, Unfortunately ours is forecast to start rising once more tomorrow. I hope it is still nice when I get out the door.

Whoopee, Ivy gone :)

Glad You liked the humor.
    Did a few other things, talked about an electric lawn mower, would be nice...but not necessary just yet..and we ended up at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch.
    He was on his way to RCI, and he had another errand , and wanted to be home to watch a 4pm Soccer game... (I took a nap!)

Today, I went out and mowed the lawn...we would have yesterday, but the humidity/dew point was so high that at noon the grass was still as wet as if I'd just watered it. Last night the front came thru, and dropped the humidity and when I went out about 10:30a.m. the grass was already dry. After mowing I weed wacked...till I'd drained both batteries...all done.

Tom E's a mess... Yesterday I laid down on the couch in the living room, something I very rarely do, and Tom joined me...all went well, I watched the news, petted the cat...cat happy! Tonite the little Beast bit me after laying down for about 5 minutes....what the hey????? Cat is just not bright. He may have been the alpha cat, but as they died off, it became real apparent who the 'brainy' one was....and it wasn't Tom!!!

Ok, kitchen's closed, dishwasher finished washing, and is now drying...I may just go start a load of clothes or not...

Later...
    What or Where is RCI if I can ask.
    How long is the batteries runtime? I have been thinking about getting an electric one for use here.

I came to the conclusion long ago that cats are crazy, Schizophrenic ?

Anyway, have a nice day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 63 out there now with an expected high of 88 and 0% chance of rain.

Need to fold some towels and underwear in the dryer and empty the dishwasher and then the sink. And feed the cats and feed me.

Kiara has discovered the desktops. She discovered a while back that laptop computers are warm so we have to close them when not in use, but those are in the living room. This morning she discovered that desktops have STUFF ON THEM. STUFF that can be played with and knocked off! Whee!
    Hi Ed
    Great Links as usual.

Oh Oh, desktops, Good Idea closing the lids on the laptops, I have heard of people that left them running and open and discovered weird things from their cats activities.

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! Monday...
    Catching up on the posts, video's, etc. WOW!
    Roger, sorry about the typo...REI..sporting goods, equipment, clothes, etc.
    Slept like an old log last night, all night, and then some more!! I know I did some chores, and spent some time outdoors yesterday, but I didn't do THAT much! :)
    So, its beautiful out there right now, gonna have a couple bites of breakfast, and go trim back the holly hedge...and finish unloading the dishwasher, etc. Will do the laundry I didn't do yesterday! oops....
    Housing here can be quite pricy. Does not surprise me that the house flippers got that price to be on the belt line. Ted's street in Midtown, has a big house, corner lot, inlaid wood floors, beautiful fireplaces, big rooms, house from I'm guessing the 40's...wonderful garden front yard, tall wrought iron fencing, etc, etc....and when it went up for sale, I checked it out....it sold for well over half a million bucks. And you can find reasonable homes for much less...just depends on neighborhood, etc. (location, location, location :) )

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 63 out there now with an expected high of 89 and 0% chance of rain.

Might get out to Kroger, Dollar Tree and/or Aldi today. Dollar Tree had 18 medium eggs for $1 and I might go and get some.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Irish people try the world's strongest cocktails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyV7d2zD4g0
  • parityanimal
    Irish people taste test German candy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZZ4WBJoUno
  • RogerToo
    First one is Historical and not humor
    airplane made it back - B-17 Flak damage over Hamburg, WW II

1XWc2p.jpg

gASk4Z.jpg

682EZP.gif

77II0P.gif

eZyny7.jpg

N8Iusl.jpg

Tv53FX.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 69 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4739766/Low-energy-LED-lightbulbs-giving-HEADACHES.html
    By Victoria Allen Science Correspondent For The Daily Mail
    Published: 09:48 EDT, 28 July 2017 | Updated: 17:46 EDT, 28 July 2017
    Low energy LED lightbulbs could be giving us all HEADACHES because they flicker too much, expert warns

http://khn.org/news/double-booked-when-surgeons-operate-on-two-patients-at-once/
    Double-Booked: When Surgeons Operate On Two Patients At Once
    By Sandra G. Boodman July 12, 2017
    July 28, 2017 / 8:50 PM / 3 days ago
    Honolulu targets 'smartphone zombies' with crosswalk ban

You can visit the links for details.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! Monday...
    Catching up on the posts, video's, etc. WOW!
    Roger, sorry about the typo...REI..sporting goods, equipment, clothes, etc.
    Slept like an old log last night, all night, and then some more!! I know I did some chores, and spent some time outdoors yesterday, but I didn't do THAT much! :)
    So, its beautiful out there right now, gonna have a couple bites of breakfast, and go trim back the holly hedge...and finish unloading the dishwasher, etc. Will do the laundry I didn't do yesterday! oops....
    Housing here can be quite pricey. Does not surprise me that the house flippers got that price to be on the belt line. Ted's street in Midtown, has a big house, corner lot, inlaid wood floors, beautiful fireplaces, big rooms, house from I'm guessing the 40's...wonderful garden front yard, tall wrought iron fencing, etc, etc....and when it went up for sale, I checked it out....it sold for well over half a million bucks. And you can find reasonable homes for much less...just depends on neighborhood, etc. (location, location, location :) )

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Thank You for the correction.

I wish I had slept better last night.

I have seen some inlaid wood floors that are beautiful. I have also seen some terrazzo floors and some intricate Tile floors designs that are really nice too. The trend for hand scraped wood floors I do not care for however.

I have heard that, Location, location, location is the key for prices.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 63 out there now with an expected high of 89 and 0% chance of rain.

Might get out to Kroger, Dollar Tree and/or Aldi today. Dollar Tree had 18 medium eggs for $1 and I might go and get some.
    Hi Ed
    Expected high to be at least 90 today with a rising humidity.

We have two real Dollar stores in town.
    It would appear that I should go look and see if the nearby Dollar Tree has eggs for that price.

Thanks for the Heads Up.
    Roger