Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited July 2017
    Ohhhh! only live one I've ever seen was in the canal (moat) around the Dry Tortuga's island. And the colors were amazing, it was very skittish, so you had to invest a bit of time waiting to see it.... Saw a whole one on ice at Whole Foods on Sunday. :) Grandson enticed Granddaughter by saying.."don't come over here Olivia, no don't look, etc" which of course made her instantly look into the display case. LOL!!!

Long day, much shopping, foot telling me I 'may' have overdone the steps today. Should be fine tomorrow. Loved the explanation for Kit.ten. :) Also glad the cats are not actually fighting...Poor Lilo, old and tired vs young and foolish!!!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    72ePgd.gif

B03k2V.gif
    You Are Getting very Sleepy

H7gpVV.jpg
    Oops

OSftRI.jpg

lQzJHO.jpg
    Caught One

YAet11.gif

5CtKKz.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 65 on the news channel and 64 degrees on the front porch. It is somewhat warmer than yesterday.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/giant-spider-traps-sunshine-coast-couple-in-their-own-home/news-story/ac2db5fc3532aed0670ba0520d909588?nk=7d06dc2286b530ee2cb2943b2c64c97e-1501155686
    Giant spider ‘traps’ Sunshine Coast couple in their own home
    Rachel Lang, Sunshine Coast Daily July 26, 2017 11:07am
    A MASSIVE spider is on the loose on the Sunshine Coast - and he’s angry.
    Mount Coolum resident Lauren Ansell had the shock of her life when she came across the gigantic arachnid at her home on Sunday night.
    Ms Ansell told The Sunshine Coast Daily that the spider looked as big as a grown
    https://theviolinchannel.com/woman-arrested-japan-trashing-million-violin-collection/
    Woman Arrested in Japan Over Allegedly Destroying $1 Million Violin Collection [VIDEO]
    A woman has been arrested in Nagoya, Japan accused of allegedly violently trashing a collection of 54 violins and 70 string bows in 2014
    July 26, 2017
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/833292/longer-life-brain-cells-ageing-control-health
    How to live longer: Brain cells that control AGEING have been discovered
    THE brain cells that control ageing have been discovered offering the hope of people living longer.
    06:01, Thu, Jul 27, 2017 | UPDATED: 11:25, Thu, Jul 27, 2017

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Kiara has been racing around the house all morning so far, stalking and harassing Lilo, trying to get Lilo to play chase. Lilo is actually taking it pretty well. Some hissing and occasional batting, but Kiara, being a kitten, usually just dashes away. Lilo, on the other hand, just stands her ground, occasionally advancing just a bit to get Kiara to back off, but then not chasing her at all.

I did manage to lure Kiara off to her food bowl, briefly, to see that I had put fresh food in it. I used the RED DOT for this, and she happily pounced after it trying to catch it until it zipped into her food bowl and disappeared. Then she suddenly decided she needed to take a few bites of food, until she saw Lilo again and the chase, for her, was back on.

Now they are both resting up a bit but I'm sure Kiara will be back at it soon. She's determined to make friends, or at least playful combatants, with Lilo.
    Hi Ed
    that answers a question I had in the past, That being "Do Cats chase red spots ?"

Good Luck to Kiara
    o41q143njei6.jpg

I showed this one to my brother, he Loved it :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ohhhh! only live one I've ever seen was in the canal (moat) around the Dry Tortuga's island. And the colors were amazing, it was very skittish, so you had to invest a bit of time waiting to see it.... Saw a whole one on ice at Whole Foods on Sunday. :) Grandson enticed Granddaughter by saying.."don't come over here Olivia, no don't look, etc" which of course made her instantly look into the display case. LOL!!!

Long day, much shopping, foot telling me I 'may' have overdone the steps today. Should be fine tomorrow. Loved the explanation for Kit.ten. :) Also glad the cats are not actually fighting...Poor Lilo, old and tired vs young and foolish!!!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Or Veteran vs untrained Recruit :)

That does seem to work, Say don't do something and they have to do it.

Out the door now to Mow the grass
    Back later
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,182 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 74 out there now with an expected high of 91 and 20% chance of rain.

I've been up since about 6:30, but distracted by the usuals.

Maybe actually do some laundry today. Maybe not. Who knows where the time goes? One of the distractions was cleaning out a drawer and finding this picture of my parents, from around Christmas of 2013. It was included in their Christmas card that year.

4xtkfbnitrni.jpg
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2017
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 71 out there now with an expected high of 85 and 60% chance of rain.

I kind of need to get to the store but I'll see how the weather looks.

Today we are probably moving Kiara out of solitary and into general population. Or out of her private efficiency unit (with room service) into a larger suite of rooms (with room service) to live. Realistically, she's been out of the hall bathroom for most of each day since Tuesday, but still put in the hall bathroom to sleep and eat. Today we plan to get the bathroom floor back! With her toys, beds, kitty condo, food and water, floor space in there is at a premium right now. Fortunately we still have the master bath for our use. It's much bigger and Lilo's food and water are in there, and a litter box, but none of it is in the way.

I guess I need to go ponder breakfast options.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Why Women Live Longer than men, Could be :)

bRvf5k.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 73 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch. It is Warmer and more humid than yesterday, I worked up a light sweat today :(
    On my return I fixed the oven. I had guessed that the Baking Element had died since the Broil element was still working. We had observed that the Baking element had developed a Brighter than the rest of the element spot.
    I ordered a replacement from Amazon for a little bit under $20. Remove two screws and unplug two wires after Turning off the Circuit breaker and double checking the Connectors with a Fluke meter and reversing the process and Voila it now glows a Nice orange again :)
    Knock wood that it keeps working as the Cheap element is a Made in China Copy.

Social Media made him do it :)
    http://www.14news.com/story/35945566/man-drives-112-mph-trying-to-do-a-snapchat
    Man drives 112 mph trying to do a Snapchat
    ALPHARETTA, GA (WSB/CNN) - Police said a man's attempt to show off to his friends on social media landed him in jail.
    Police said they pulled Malon Neal over Tuesday night after clocking him going 112 mph in a 65-mph zone.
    Dash cam video showed an officer running radar on Georgia 400 Tuesday night when a car went flying by.
    When the officer pulled over 28-year-old Neal, he made a stunning admission.
    "The reason I stopped you is I'd love to see where you're heading in such a hurry," the officer said.
    "I'm trying do a Snapchat. I'm not going to lie to you," Neal responded.
    "A what?" the officer questioned.
    "A Snapchat," Neal replied.
    "We always like when people tell us the truth," George Gordon with the Alpharetta Department of Public Safety said.
    Neal's candor coupled with that speed, landed him in cuffs.

"You're being placed under arrest for driving that fast man. Reckless driving. 112 mph in a 65. Can't be doing that, man," the officer said."It's reckless endangerment to the motoring public."
    Cullen Chen was taking his street racer to a show when he was told about the arrest.
    "I know people do that all the time trying to show off to their friends. That's just irresponsible," Chen said.
    Chen's car can surpass 112 mph.
    "When I hit it, it's not around people. I'm pretty safe about it. Never on Snapchat,” Chen said.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    zRtiCj.jpg

9imRfu.gif

r2MwCO.jpg
    They are experimenting with specially marked seatless subway cars to get more capacity

zvsg3n.jpg

y366i9.jpg

gA9Ayn.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 71 out there now with an expected high of 85 and 60% chance of rain.

I kind of need to get to the store but I'll see how the weather looks.

Today we are probably moving Kiara out of solitary and into general population. Or out of her private efficiency unit (with room service) into a larger suite of rooms (with room service) to live. Realistically, she's been out of the hall bathroom for most of each day since Tuesday, but still put in the hall bathroom to sleep and eat. Today we plan to get the bathroom floor back! With her toys, beds, kitty condo, food and water, floor space in there is at a premium right now. Fortunately we still have the master bath for our use. It's much bigger and Lilo's food and water are in there, and a litter box, but none of it is in the way.

I guess I need to go ponder breakfast options.
    Hi Ed
    More Humid today and a fairly high chance of rain in the evening into tomorrow too. Warm and humid today and supposedly nicely cool if wet tomorrow.

We are lucky that we have three bathrooms, they may not be big and not one of them is what is considered a Master bathroom size or EnSuite based on this explanation.
    In real estate, an ensuite bathroom (en suite or attached bath) is a bathroom that is connected to a bedroom. Most often ensuites are attached to master bedrooms, although they may be connected to any bedroom. En suites are thought of as private washrooms, and are never built off of common areas like hallways.
    Since two of them are common area and third is a 1/2 bath IMO none of them fit that category :)

Breakfast option for me today is set, I had a Vanilla Protein Shake before walking and 80% of a Banana around 8:15 and the rest of the Banana will be sliced into a Bowl of Life Cereal in a hour or so sweetened with Truvia and using 5 ounces of 1% Milk.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Maybe these are the size of meals we should eat! Lots of them...

http://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/comments/minitaure_cusine
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    18th century bread pudding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0e6fOKQT7k
  • parityanimal