Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,126 Member
    And what to do with cheese curds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PLv76rQiq0
  • parityanimal
    We left Lilo and Kiara both out and free to roam while we ran an errand. They had 2 1/2 hours together. The house wasn't trashed while we were gone so I guess they didn't invite any friends for a wild party, and we didn't see any blood anywhere.

I think that went well.

We have moved Kiara's stuff out of the hall bathroom and she is now free to roam the house.
    We'll see how much sleep we get tonight with an energetic young kitten in the room...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 74 out there now with an expected high of 89 and supposedly 0% chance of rain.

We have some kind of thing we're doing this afternoon at a friend's house. A talk about India I think, with snacks and wine...don't remember exactly what it is.

I'll bring a bottle of wine for the hostess.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited July 2017
    Good Morning!
    Sunday, and supposed to be quite nice for the next week. Over night temps in the mid to upper 60's...end of July?? Sweet!

Up a little earlier today, Ted's coming out to help with chores...as always there are a few :)

Ed didn't mention any major house damage, so I'm assuming that the cats didn't trash the house, etc...

Roger, how are the berries? I remember replacing electric heating units in stoves, and stove top burners. Kind of repairs I like, quick, easy, and instant results!

Need to let Tom E. in for his breakfast, and get mine heated. Then run the sweeper to pick up any crumbs and cat hair. Still need to do my weights this morning too. Time flies when I open this web site!!!! :) (in a good way)

Later... Oh, I remember seeing the pictures of why men die younger than women....made me remember the Darwin emails that would come around every year or so....
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch. It had drizzled before I left for my walk, The street was wet except under the trees. It also drizzled on me off and on while I was out walking.

I watched a hilarious episode of 'Allo 'Allo yesterday. I think I may start working on getting episodes of the British Comedy "Man About The House" converted from the DVD to a better format for my media Player.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_About_the_House
    Man About the House
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    1t3joL.jpg
    Man About the House is a British sitcom starring Richard O'Sullivan, Paula Wilcox and Sally Thomsett, with Yootha Joyce and Brian Murphy, that was broadcast for six series on ITV from 15 August 1973 to 7 April 1976. It was created and written by Brian Cooke and Johnnie Mortimer. The series was considered daring at the time due to its subject matter of a man sharing a flat with two single women. It was made by Thames Television and recorded at its Teddington studio in Greater London. It is regularly repeated on ITV3.

Two spin-off series were later made: George and Mildred and Robin's Nest. In 2004, it came 69th in a poll to find Britain's Best Sitcom. The series was remade in the United States as Three's Company in 1977. A film version was released in 1974.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Jy2HYK.jpg

FzTpZU.gif

OnvbfM.gif

cc50oK.jpg

2l4Cw6.gif

FQdT7J.png
  • RogerToo
    We left Lilo and Kiara both out and free to roam while we ran an errand. They had 2 1/2 hours together. The house wasn't trashed while we were gone so I guess they didn't invite any friends for a wild party, and we didn't see any blood anywhere.

I think that went well.

We have moved Kiara's stuff out of the hall bathroom and she is now free to roam the house.
    We'll see how much sleep we get tonight with an energetic young kitten in the room...
    Hi Ed
    I liked the foods links You posted :)

It does sound as if it went well.

I hope You had a peaceful nights sleep.
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday! 74 out there now with an expected high of 89 and supposedly 0% chance of rain.

We have some kind of thing we're doing this afternoon at a friend's house. A talk about India I think, with snacks and wine...don't remember exactly what it is.

I'll bring a bottle of wine for the hostess.

Parts of NJ have had over 5 inches of rain already. Those are well to the south of me. Where I am it only drizzled (fizzled?)

Have a Good Afternoon
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Sunday, and supposed to be quite nice for the next week. Over night temps in the mid to upper 60's...end of July?? Sweet!

Up a little earlier today, Ted's coming out to help with chores...as always there are a few :)

Ed didn't mention any major house damage, so I'm assuming that the cats didn't trash the house, etc...

Roger, how are the berries? I remember replacing electric heating units in stoves, and stove top burners. Kind of repairs I like, quick, easy, and instant results!

Need to let Tom E. in for his breakfast, and get mine heated. Then run the sweeper to pick up any crumbs and cat hair. Still need to do my weights this morning too. Time flies when I open this web site!!!! :) (in a good way)

Later... Oh, I remember seeing the pictures of why men die younger than women....made me remember the Darwin emails that would come around every year or so....
    Hi Valerie
    I got semi lucky today, I checked three lottery tickets out of four, the fourth draws tonight. I did Cash in the lone winner for $35 after checking them.

You left out a whole lot cheaper than replacing the Oven too :)
    It was easy enough, 2 screws, one for each leg of the element and two push on wires.

When they are so ripe they fall off into Your hand they are sweet and delicious.

I liked the first image I posted today FWIW.

That would be the Darwin awards ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Ed, Valerie
    I watched the second episode of HGTVs Flip or Flop Atalanta yesterday where they mentioned the Beltline as a highly desirable area. They Bought a run down house to almost 1/2 million and spent 120 thousand renovating it and still made a killing.
    http://www.hgtv.com/shows/flip-or-flop-atlanta/episodes
    Big Build on the Atlanta Beltline
    Ken and Anita buy an outdated midcentury house in the Beltline area of Atlanta. With its convenient location near recreation, shopping and the downtown area, the deal is a no-brainer, but it comes with a hefty price tag and rehab budget to match. Can Ken and Anita stay on budget while keeping the home's unique architecture and upscale buyers in mind?

Is it really that desirable an area?

Thanks
    Roger
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed, Valerie
    I watched the second episode of HGTVs Flip or Flop Atalanta yesterday where they mentioned the Beltline as a highly desirable area. They Bought a run down house to almost 1/2 million and spent 120 thousand renovating it and still made a killing.
    Ken and Anita buy an outdated midcentury house in the Beltline area of Atlanta. With its convenient location near recreation, shopping and the downtown area, the deal is a no-brainer, but it comes with a hefty price tag and rehab budget to match. Can Ken and Anita stay on budget while keeping the home's unique architecture and upscale buyers in mind?

Thanks
    Roger

The beltline is where a railroad used to circle, that is undergoing a revitalization effort. I'm sure some of the 45 neighborhoods that it claims to "bring together" in the project are more desirable than others...and like most "reality" shows, I suspect that the Flip-or-Flop episodes, while they may have some truth in them, also contain a bit of ... let's be polite and say exaggeration.
  • parityanimal
    J and Kiara stayed up most of the night so I got a good ... 6 hours of sleep and then it was about the time that Lilo usually gets me up. I stayed up late last night myself and went to bed just after Midnight.

May go now to nap a bit if the cats let me.

• parityanimal
    Famous movies improved by cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDgGbTjo7w4
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 69 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 0% chance of rain.

Probably need to get out to the vet to buy Lilo's cat food.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 64 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch.
    It was pleasant walking this morning.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    fVe4GM.gif

ljrGYH.gif

rRDfoe.jpg

8uAtX9.jpg

a0ROAX.jpg

vAxhSA.jpg

YB6AYt.gif
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Ed, Valerie

Thanks
    Roger

The beltline is where a railroad used to circle, that is undergoing a revitalization effort. I'm sure some of the 45 neighborhoods that it claims to "bring together" in the project are more desirable than others...and like most "reality" shows, I suspect that the Flip-or-Flop episodes, while they may have some truth in them, also contain a bit of ... let's be polite and say exaggeration.

Hi Ed
    As I remember they cleared a Gross profit of near $200,000. The back of the house they renovated and flipped had steps down a hill to the beltline. That may be part of what made it a desirable neighborhood?

What I find amazing is the prices I see on these type of shows, How do people pay for the houses?
    J and Kiara stayed up most of the night so I got a good ... 6 hours of sleep and then it was about the time that Lilo usually gets me up. I stayed up late last night myself and went to bed just after Midnight.

May go now to nap a bit if the cats let me.
    I wish I had a good nights sleep last night.
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 69 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 0% chance of rain.

Probably need to get out to the vet to buy Lilo's cat food.
    Today's forecast is for a high in the 80s. Oh well, It appears I will be running the AC later on.

Have a Good Day
    Roger