Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! August 1st. This year is slipping down the proverbial slope at a near gallop.
    In just a bit I will be heading to ATL to see the podiatrist. Can't think of any chores, errands, or needs in town, so it will be a quick in and out!
    Got a lot done yesterday in the yard...I was really surprised to see how dry the ground was in the flower bed at the street. It really could stand to be watered??? That I suspect is the result of the sudden downpours and their inherent run off.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with Marietta, so grocery shopping will need to happen earlier than usual, and may only include one grocery store. :)

Time to feed Tom E. and me too...

Later...

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,182 Member
    I may have to try these salmon patties that supposedly taste like crab cakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05nspNyHEEM
  • parityanimal
    Fried chicken in the 18th century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsyjNef2ydQ
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

68 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 0% chance of rain.

Might need to get out to Kroger today, and never did get back to Dollar Tree yesterday. If I get to Kroger, Dollar Tree is on the way home so that might happen today too.

Sink is cleared and I've been fed. Cats are patiently (?) waiting for their breakfast, as getting me up early does not guarantee an early breakfast for them, though Lilo will stare at me the entire time I'm eating.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    jG1AEq.jpg

sRTAQj.jpg

rCRPXC.jpg

XN6m0f.gif

A6I5SD.jpg

thp4rG.jpg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Wednesday Morning,
    Up early for me too Lilo! And so far no breakfast...what to do, what to do? (I know what I'm about to do...planning Lilo, planning) My breakfast of greens and beans is in a nice little glass dish in the refrigerator...... :)
    Kitchen is cleared and shiny...load of laundry about ready to head to the dryer, and I'll be on my way to Kroger for a quick early morning grocery run...as, except for my dish of breakfast, my refrigerator is BARE!! Ok, there's small bottles of this and that like soy sauce, SF cherry preserves, miso, nuts...but no real 'stuff your face' FOOD bare :)
    Meeting Marietta for lunch...will chat for awhile, and I will need to head home for my weekly call from DS1.
    Busy day.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2017
    Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity in the uncomfortable range. It also drizzled on me while I was walking too.

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/annabel-scott/1332-counties-will-have-only-one-health-insurer-option-under-obamacare-2018
    1,332 Counties Will Have Only One Health Insurer Option Under Obamacare in 2018
    By Annabel Scott | July 31, 2017 | 10:58 AM EDT

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article164576067.html
    Lawrence man arrested twice in one day for naked Sunday strolls down Mass Street

By Sarah Gish
    July 31, 2017 2:00 PM
    A 34-year-old man was arrested twice on Sunday afternoon for walking naked through downtown Lawrence, causing a stir among the shops and restaurants.

“Jaws dropped,” says Sophie Milstein, a server at 715 Restaurant, at 715 Massachusetts St. “It was from a movie or something.”

According to police, Christopher Steven Carlson of Lawrence was first taken into custody at around 2 p.m. Sunday on Massachusetts near Ninth Street. He was cited for indecent exposure, fined $500 and released.

Within minutes, photos started circulating on Snapchat and Facebook. An image of a bearded man walking nude past Garry Gribble’s Running Sports, 839 Massachusetts St., was posted to the Facebook page Lawrence KS Community & Police Scanner, and had more than 900 shares by noon on Monday.
    “It’s one thing to streak, run, jog,” another man posted. “But to stroll, walk, electric slide — c’mon, man.”

According to police, Carlson was cited again for indecent exposure and theft of services at around 4:30 p.m. Sunday, when he was spotted sans clothes on West 10th Street just west of Massachusetts. The police were called after a driver with Ground Transportation Services reported that he had taken a 34-year-old man from the Douglas County Jail to downtown.

According to a police report, the driver said the man didn’t have money to pay his fare, “took off his clothes and left the vehicle.”

https://www.axios.com/many-americans-are-too-drugged-out-to-work-2467304330.html
    Steve LeVine Jul 30
    Many Americans are too drugged-out to work

You can visit the links for details.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! August 1st. This year is slipping down the proverbial slope at a near gallop.
    In just a bit I will be heading to ATL to see the podiatrist. Can't think of any chores, errands, or needs in town, so it will be a quick in and out!
    Got a lot done yesterday in the yard...I was really surprised to see how dry the ground was in the flower bed at the street. It really could stand to be watered??? That I suspect is the result of the sudden downpours and their inherent run off.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with Marietta, so grocery shopping will need to happen earlier than usual, and may only include one grocery store. :)

Time to feed Tom E. and me too...

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I agree, the year is going too fast.

Good Luck at the Podiatrist
    Roger
  • RogerToo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05nspNyHEEM

Hi Ed
    That would be a problem for me, I want a Salmon Patty like we make here, Canned Salmon, Cracker crumbs, Egg for binder and fried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsyjNef2ydQ

Can any fried chicken be bad :)
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

68 out there now with an expected high of 87 and 0% chance of rain.

Might need to get out to Kroger today, and never did get back to Dollar Tree yesterday. If I get to Kroger, Dollar Tree is on the way home so that might happen today too.

Sink is cleared and I've been fed. Cats are patiently (?) waiting for their breakfast, as getting me up early does not guarantee an early breakfast for them, though Lilo will stare at me the entire time I'm eating.
    FWIW our predicted high is 90 today.

I did get to the Dollar Tree Store yesterday, Sold Out :(
    They were expecting a Frozen delivery later in the day when I asked. I am guessing that they get a mixed Frozen and Refrigerator delivery.

Today I may run out and try to see if they stocked eggs.
    I want to get a 18 pack of eggs to hard boil.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Ed
    That would be a problem for me, I want a Salmon Patty like we make here, Canned Salmon, Cracker crumbs, Egg for binder and fried.

I like salmon patties fine, and have even eaten stinky mackerel patties when Mom could not afford salmon, and I liked the mackerel patties too. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE crab patties so am very interested in trying out this recipe. The cats might like a little of the drained liquid.

[\quote]

Well, I don't think so. :)
    They were expecting a Frozen delivery later in the day when I asked. I am guessing that they get a mixed Frozen and Refrigerator delivery.

Roger

It is nice having a few boiled eggs handy in the fridge, isn't it? Great for a quick snack, an addition to a salad, or even to make the majority of a meal, depending on how many you select and what you do with them!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    edited August 2017
  • parityanimal
    Well, no eggs at the Dollar Tree today. Maybe next time. I didn't NEED eggs or I would have got them while at Kroger anyway, just in case, and just got more at Dollar Tree for boiling up.

My Kroger receipt claims I saved $22.95 so why do I feel more like I spent $98.35, including tax?

• parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    Just 40 cents per link on sale! $3.99 for 3 pounds of brats. I will break it up into smaller packages and freeze most of it. One or two links will probably be part of my dinner tonight. They are pretty big, so probably one link, though I may go ahead and cook at least two, and save one for breakfast.

jluf9c1zf7ja.jpg
  • parityanimal
    I cooked two of the bratwurst links, with a small serving of potatoes O'Brien, at dinner time, leaving one of the links for breakfast. In the morning, all I'll have to do is warm that one up quickly and maybe make some toast or have a bowl of cereal with it, for a really easy breakfast!

The remaining 8 links are wrapped up, two to a pack, in the deep freeze in the garage for future (not TOO far future) indulgences.

• GardenKatGardens
    Hi Guys!
    Had a great lunch, went grocery shopping before lunch, at home I prepped veggies, washed and thoroughly dried greens, and then went out for lunch! Actually that was nice. I was hungry, but could just eat, and didn't have to dirty the kitchen, or spend time chopping, etc. May do that again on Wednesdays!

I got the same kind of 'savings' after spending $67 from Kroger, Ed. Do they really think we're that dumb? LOL!

Roger, my Mom used to fix 'your kind of salmon patties'...I liked them...and yes, fried chicken CAN be really awful...I've done it, long ago. I made 'decent' fried chicken, and one night my husband remarked that the chicken was ok, but not as good as what his Mother makes. (in fairness, she did make some awesome chicken, and I watched and tried to duplicate her chicken), anyhow, after the comment about my fried chicken I never fried another chicken again! yep, really.

Tonite's dinner was a big beefsteak sliced tomato, tucked into pita bread, with vegan mayo, a bit of salt and some pepper. I've been waiting all summer ..... and I had some corn on the cob as well. It was all good!!

Need to run the dishwasher, and fold the clothes I washed and dried while shopping, lunching, etc. and I will have had a good day!

Oh, my foot. The swelling and discomfort behind my ankle on the inside of my foot is from the cartilage, which is inflamed. He seemed to think it will get better, to continue to wear the brace, and to exercise my foot by walking...4-5,000 steps a day. (He's 'into' Fitbit..) So, one leg exercise for the good leg, and walking for the right leg...I think I'll take the left leg along when I go walking. Seems to me it will work better that way. LOL! So, that's that for the podiatrist for now. Unfortunately you can't inject steroids into the inside of the ankle... :( So, just need to 'deal with it' til it heals.

Ok, see you in the morning!
  • RogerToo
    Gwzm4i.jpg

zJqK9Z.jpg

4ycvE9.jpg

QlHTns.jpg

52bEc5.jpg

rPjLi1.jpg

bD7TQp.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch.
    It was semi pleasant walking this morning with humidity in the uncomfortable range. We had a series of Thunderstorms pass through Wednesday Evening. Parts of NJ Had over 2 inches of rain.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/brain-burn-fat-on-switch-meal-scientists-find-weight-loss-health-diet-eating-a7871366.html
    Brain 'on switch' for burning fat after meal discovered by scientists
    The finding could eventually lead to breakthrough treatments for obesity
    Andrew Griffin

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/01/four-major-us-cities-ring-housing-bubble-alarm.html
    Four major US cities ring housing bubble alarm
    Home prices in Denver, Houston, Miami and the Washington, D.C., metro area are now considered overvalued.
    Some previously hot markets, such as San Francisco and the New York City metropolitan area, are cooling down.
    Low mortgage rates are keeping the market affordable from a monthly perspective, but affordability will likely become a much bigger challenge in the coming years.
    Diana Olick 21 Hours Ago

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crime-courts/2017/07/31/entire-sand-point-police-department-quits/
    This Aleutian town has lost its entire police department
    Author: Michelle Theriault Boots clock Updated: 22 hours ago calendar Published 1 day ago

Tuesday 1 August 2017 17:51 BST

You can visit the links for details.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

Hi Ed

I like salmon patties fine, and have even eaten stinky mackerel patties when Mom could not afford salmon, and I liked the mackerel patties too. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE crab patties so am very interested in trying out this recipe. The cats might like a little of the drained liquid.

[\quote]

Well, I don't think so. :)

Roger

It is nice having a few boiled eggs handy in the fridge, isn't it? Great for a quick snack, an addition to a salad, or even to make the majority of a meal, depending on how many you select and what you do with them
    Hi Ed
    According to what the dollar store said the 18 eggs for a dollar sale is over and what they got in the delivery were 1 dozen cartons of eggs. Oh well.

If I said I have never had Crab or an interest in crab...
    Well, no eggs at the Dollar Tree today. Maybe next time. I didn't NEED eggs or I would have got them while at Kroger anyway, just in case, and just got more at Dollar Tree for boiling up.

My Kroger receipt claims I saved $22.95 so why do I feel more like I spent $98.35, including tax?
    I look at the bottom line for what I paid and that is what I take into account.
    I cooked two of the bratwurst links, with a small serving of potatoes O'Brien, at dinner time, leaving one of the links for breakfast. In the morning, all I'll have to do is warm that one up quickly and maybe make some toast or have a bowl of cereal with it, for a really easy breakfast!

The remaining 8 links are wrapped up, two to a pack, in the deep freeze in the garage for future (not TOO far future) indulgences.
    That is a good price for anything that is meat based.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 68 out there now with an anticipated high of 87 and 20% chance of rain.

Not a lot on the agenda today, but do need to try to get in some light housework.