Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Good Morning...for a rainy Monday
    Got some rain overnight, not sure how much. Will go outside and look later. (the gauge is in a big garden pot, and there are 'leaves' from the liriope blocking my view this morning.

Not sure what's on the agenda for today...I need banana's, and would 'like' a couple other things, so I may go to the gym...and pick up at the Mexican Market next door. 2 errands, one parking spot!

Yes Roger, Tom E. is a Crazy Cat. Comes from being an alpha cat all his life, and finding himself without a 'pride', except for me, or so he thinks. Poor thing is just frustrated.

Coffee's getting cold...will check in, wait for it....wait...wait

Later!!!
    Hi Valerie
    Hmm...
    Tomorrow I will likely run to the Grocery Store or Produce Store for some fruit.
    Good morning! Tuesday!
    Incredible day yesterday. Nope, didn't win the lottery. Pulled myself together and made that gym run. I was reintroduced to a young woman I knew when she was a tiny little thing. She is the daughter of my gym owner. She was a joy as a child and in what seems to be overnight has morphed into a beautiful, centered, wonderful young woman!
    Then on to the market for a couple of items, and home. Avoiding two torrential downpours in the process

Hmm... I need to check my Lottery tickets and see if I won anything.
    Well nuts!

Really ? :)
    Have a nice day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Braised sirloin tip with herb mashed potatoes and green beans on the side. Medium glass of red wine with it.

I should get two or three more meals from this. I cooked extra potatoes and green beans for that purpose too.

:)

Hi Ed
    I have seen some really skilled Bakers/Cake decorators on the TV.

That Does sound like a good idea, Cook once eat several times.

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    Irish people taste BURGER KING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfEnxLcMIRY
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 70 out there now with an anticipated high of only 78 and 100% chance of rain. That might explain the headache.

Regardless of the rain, I need to get out to Ingles today for a few things. Traffic on that road is always atrocious, never mind the time of day. But I'll try to pick the best time.

You can see how much brand loyalty I have to Kroger! LOL! Kroger doesn't have that great a price on sodas this week, and there is also one particular type of jar spaghetti sauce that is an Ingles brand that we LOVED when I happened to buy some the last time I was there. J likes their milk just as well as Kroger's milk, and most items I don't much worry about the brand, so for the things I need today, Ingles will do just fine.

Really should have done more shopping there when D was here. He worked there though and he still preferred to shop at Kroger. But then Ingles apparently didn't give an employee discount.

D has, for the time being, stayed in Tucson, and has his own somewhat efficiency apartment and a full time job at Walmart. He said he was hoping to work there long enough to get a transfer to an Atlanta area store and come back but honestly, I feel like he should continue to try to live on his own. I know it's lonely and can be tough but it would also, hopefully, encourage him to mature a bit more and learn some fiscal responsibility.

Oddly, his mother advised him to try to make it on his own, before she died, and he only did this for her, even though he actually hates living alone. I wish he'd done it for his own reasons.

Oh well, I can't live his life for him.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Irish people taste test Five Guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIF-N-vnLrk
  • parityanimal
    McDonalds international menu items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4va_DtpAMHo
  • parityanimal
    Cheese soup, 18th century style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuT4MPZ61-E
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Ok, I'm back. Hope to clear up Roger's confusion about my early morning attempt to post...the first post only posted PART of what I'd written. I don't know why, so I attempted to explain that, and the only part of it that posted was the "well nuts"....some mornings you just can't win!
    Mind you I was using my iPad, which meant it was pretty much punching in each and every letter one finger poke at a time...so after that happened the second time, I just gave up!

Now I need to hit the shower, so I can be clean when I get rained on going to my chiro, and then on to Whole Foods. LOL!! Wouldn't want to be dirty and get caught in the rain now would I??.....

Later...
  • parityanimal
    I managed to get out to PetSmart and Ingles without getting rained on, which I'll call a win.

Mind you, I haven't actually seen much in the way of rain today, but it was wet out there when I got up. Maybe that was it for our 100% chance?

It was overcast when I went out. Got everything I needed at Ingles and quite a bit I didn't need, but that's what I get for going before I had eaten lunch. On the plus side, traffic wasn't too bad at all.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's 71 wet, rainy degrees out there with an anticipated high of 77 and 90% chance of morning thunderstorms.

I've been fed, the sink cleared, and the felines are eating now. Kiara still doesn't quite seem to get that the magic only works on the one bowl for her, but when it doesn't work on Lilo's bowl, Kiara goes to the other bowl, a short distance away and alakazam! It magically opens for her.

They both get excited about breakfast, even though there is generally still kibble left from the prior day. I guess that first burst of fresh canned cat food flavor is worth waiting for!

Today we have to get Kiara to the vet for her second FeLV shot and second worming.

• parityanimal
    More amazing cake decorating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff-GJg7ytt8
  • RogerToo
    MyzyHl.jpg

3tfPkg.jpg

JRzS6F.jpg

Vyfikw.gif

OdVfOI.jpg

07F90x.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2017
    Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 65 on the news channel and 61 degrees on the front porch.

Hmm... Devaluing the Diploma IMO
    http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9551
    Prof lets students choose own grades for 'stress reduction'
    on Aug 07, 2017 at 11:34 AM EDT
    A University of Georgia professor has adopted a “stress reduction policy” that will allow students to select their own grades if they “feel unduly stressed” by the ones they earned.
    Similarly, students who feel stressed by "group dynamics" are allowed to walk away from their groups without explanation, and will only be graded on "non-group work."
    The professor acknowledges that "this policy might hinder the development of group skills and mastery of the class material," but says this is each student's own responsibility.

According to online course syllabi for two of Dr. Richard Watson’s fall business courses, he has introduced the policy because “emotional reactions to stressful situations can have profound consequences for all involved.”

More info by following the link

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Irish people taste test Five Guys!
    Hi Ed
    I have never heard of Five Guys :)
    I managed to get out to PetSmart and Ingles without getting rained on, which I'll call a win.

Mind you, I haven't actually seen much in the way of rain today, but it was wet out there when I got up. Maybe that was it for our 100% chance?

It was overcast when I went out. Got everything I needed at Ingles and quite a bit I didn't need, but that's what I get for going before I had eaten lunch. On the plus side, traffic wasn't too bad at all.
    I would also call that a win.

That would be why I try to avoid shopping on empty too.
    Howdy y'all. It's 71 wet, rainy degrees out there with an anticipated high of 77 and 90% chance of morning thunderstorms.

I've been fed, the sink cleared, and the felines are eating now. Kiara still doesn't quite seem to get that the magic only works on the one bowl for her, but when it doesn't work on Lilo's bowl, Kiara goes to the other bowl, a short distance away and alakazam! It magically opens for her.

They both get excited about breakfast, even though there is generally still kibble left from the prior day. I guess that first burst of fresh canned cat food flavor is worth waiting for!

Today we have to get Kiara to the vet for her second FeLV shot and second worming.
    The sun has come out today and it should be dry through tomorrow.

I would prefer fresh food too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Ok, I'm back. Hope to clear up Roger's confusion about my early morning attempt to post...the first post only posted PART of what I'd written. I don't know why, so I attempted to explain that, and the only part of it that posted was the "well nuts"....some mornings you just can't win!
    Mind you I was using my iPad, which meant it was pretty much punching in each and every letter one finger poke at a time...so after that happened the second time, I just gave up!

Now I need to hit the shower, so I can be clean when I get rained on going to my chiro, and then on to Whole Foods. LOL!! Wouldn't want to be dirty and get caught in the rain now would I??.....

Later...

Hi Valerie
    That is why I prefer something with a keyboard :)
    I tend to give up on the second or third attempt too.

It does feel good to be clean !

Cheers
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    This looks interesting and tasty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_v_g0iIXTI
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2017
    And this one! Lamb in a blanket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv-nSG6fV1g
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hmm... Devaluing the Diploma IMO
    http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9551
    Prof lets students choose own grades for 'stress reduction'
    on Aug 07, 2017 at 11:34 AM EDT
    A University of Georgia professor has adopted a “stress reduction policy” that will allow students to select their own grades if they “feel unduly stressed” by the ones they earned.
    Similarly, students who feel stressed by "group dynamics" are allowed to walk away from their groups without explanation, and will only be graded on "non-group work."
    The professor acknowledges that "this policy might hinder the development of group skills and mastery of the class material," but says this is each student's own responsibility.

According to online course syllabi for two of Dr. Richard Watson’s fall business courses, he has introduced the policy because “emotional reactions to stressful situations can have profound consequences for all involved.”

More info by following the link

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

Well, I guess all the students pass that course! If it were up to me, I'd fire that professor or, if not fire-able, just don't let him teach anything important. Maybe underwater basket weaving or the like...

• parityanimal
    Discontinued products: 80s and 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsSmST8ZOCU