Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi she said quickly while trying to run out the door...
    Going to the gym, then home to get ready to leave again. Nate's Band concert. (Nate plays trombone ). His mother has a hilarious video of Nate and trombone trying to wake a very resistant Olivia!!!

Its also trash to the curb nite. And from Ted and I working on the 'new addition' that rollie is FULL. Also some set out for either trash haulers, or the peeps who drive neighborhoods the night before next morning pick-up. And the recycle bin is full along with two containers of shredded paper.

Tom E. is getting lazy...or old. He now sits outside of the porch when called and waits for me to open the screen door, as opposed to coming thru the cat window. I'm not sure its not intentional..cuz animals know a sucker when they see one. LOL

Kathie, good morning! Hope you week is going well. And your weather conducive to outdoor activity of any sort!

Roger, heat and air unit will be 5 years old in July. Its worth it to me to have preventive service as needed.

Ok, gym time is elapsing!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    In may case there is nothing done quickly :smiley:

We tend to put the shredded paper out in a plastic bag or in my case a plastic shredder bag to prevent the shreds for blowing all over the neighborhood.

I hate to think how old the hot water furnace is, Still the only real moving part is the circulator pump and sort of a moving part the gas control valve and the temperature and Circulator pump control.

I am thinking it may be time to change the water heater, I need to see the date I wrote on the side of it when it was installed. Also the hoses from the wall to the Washing Machine are likely due too. I did make sure to get the ones that shut off the flow if the hose bursts and they also have a steel braid outer skin.

Not so much that Tom E is getting old as that he is still training his pet Valerie :wink:

I hope and expect that You had a good time the Band Concert.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello, week is going well. It has gotten hot here the last couple days. It will be hot the rest of the week. Highs around 92. It is pretty but to hot for me.

How is your weather?

Hi Kathie
    I am not happy that the weather forecast for the upcoming week is showing a few days in the 80s, I would not be happy with 92 degrees.

I hope it cools of where You are.
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,509 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 69 with an expected high of 89 and 20% chance of precipitation. Last night we did, finally, get some precipitation from our 20% chance, but not much, and it wasn't until about 7:30 or so in the evening.

Need to get laundry started I think. Not going anywhere today as I'm expecting a package that requires an adult signature. According to my license I'm LEGALLY an adult. If they don't question me too thoroughly they may even believe that. LOL.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I haven't watched yet but can't imagine a grapefruit peel steak tasting very good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDk-xa1oBXw
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2018
    Options
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Kids try snacks from Argentina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOVglzKU19A
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Options
    Good Friday Morning!
    Had a fun time last night with everyone. Concert looked like it might be a really LONG night, as they originally combined the 6th graders with the HS orchestra..the auditorium was packed, and the list of musical selections was long....the 6th graders went first and played, then awards were handed out to that group, and at that point, whether it was planned or spontaneous I do not know, but all the parents, etc of the 6th graders got up and left in mass!!! :)
    Then my family decided to go to Jimmy John's to pick up sandwiches. I'd never been, and most likely won't go again, but they did have a vegetarian sub. So I ordered that sans the cheese and mayo. Not the best I've ever eaten, but good enough to eat none the less.

That 'bit of rain' that Ed mentioned produced a double rainbow, and as I drove home I could see at least one of them either to my left or dead ahead of me...it was interesting.., fun, and as if nature had taken a cue from 'Where's Waldo'....talk about distracted (but fun) driving!
    I did get a smattering of rain but not as much as at the kids house. I-85 seems to be the dividing line...I'm east and they're west of 85. Happens frequently that they get more rain.

'duty list' today includes bringing back the trash containers, trip to the gym, Avocado and a couple limes from the Mexican Market next door, then a quick stop at Publix. I'm out of both smoked gouda, and cheddar fake cheeses. Publix and Whole Foods are the only local stores that carry the Follow My Heart brand. I've tried and totally was disgusted by some of the others. soooooo.

Kathie, in the summer at least 92 degrees would be a blessing sometimes!! Having said that Sat. and Sun will be that warm if not warmer. They don't call it 'Hot Lanta' for nothing!

Ed, I don't see the cast iron dutch oven in the ads either. I have to wonder if it was a prior weeks advert. that I looked at? Sorry for the misinformation. I very well may make an Aldi's run and pick up a watermelon..will snoop around in the Aldi's Finds area to see if I see any 'leftovers'!

Roger, I'd say you had a 'full cart' at Costco!!! I need to head that way too, but not today. :)

Later...
  • faithfornsKathie
    faithfornsKathie Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hello, week is going well. It has gotten hot here the last couple days. It will be hot the rest of the week. Highs around 92. It is pretty but to hot for me.

How is your weather?

Hi Kathie
    I am not happy that the weather forecast for the upcoming week is showing a few days in the 80s, I would not be happy with 92 degrees.

Roger

Good morning. I finally got here early for a change. Working today but its Saturday so that's a good thing.

Have a good day.
  • faithfornsKathie
    faithfornsKathie Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    yfntco82a5xd.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    oncU4l.jpg

CspcZr.gif

3cx2Uj.jpg

bFLkyR.gif

CBWmnr.jpg

XeCCT7.jpg

3RbZbz.png

g4vxx0.jpg

TxI5lR.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 69 with an expected high of 89 and 20% chance of precipitation. Last night we did, finally, get some precipitation from our 20% chance, but not much, and it wasn't until about 7:30 or so in the evening.

Need to get laundry started I think. Not going anywhere today as I'm expecting a package that requires an adult signature. According to my license I'm LEGALLY an adult. If they don't question me too thoroughly they may even believe that. LOL.
    Hi Ed
    Our Friday was a really nice day, not to hot, not to cold and dry :smile:

This mornings rain is forecast to end in a while then a break before what is predicted to be heavy rain lots of wind, lightning and a possibility of rotating winds :(

I suspect You might pass for adult... In my case the gray hair, mustache and beard are a giveaway, I did go gray fairly young, well I felt I was young for that to happen too :wink:
    We keep getting these credit card sized $100 wine voucher with free shipping offers in the packages of things my brother buys. As I see it it could be a good offer, You need to buy a case of wine at $160 and up to qualify. I Just do not know how to tell if it is a good offer ? The offer is from nakedwines.com.
    I haven't watched yet but can't imagine a grapefruit peel steak tasting very good...
    It might be good, I can bite into citrus to get a start on peeling it for instance and Lemon Zest is used in cooking some foods so I do not know. I shall need to look at this later on after replying to messages here.

I do like some German foods FWIW. Today I need to resist the temptation to go get some PAD SEE EW, Stir fried broad rice noodles in sweet soy sauce with Chinese broccoli and eggs
    or Pad Thai, Stir fried rice noodles with eggs, bean sprouts, tofu and scallions. Depends on the weather and then where to go, Go where I know and like the food or try the one in Somerville. They do have different owners which I know from speaking to the owner of the nearby one but the hours look to be the same.
    House of Thai
    4.5 (103) · Thai
    Curries, rice dishes & vegetarian Thai entrees served in a casual eatery with vibrant decor.
    Green Brook Township, NJ
    Comfort food · Small plates · Quick bite
    Closed ⋅ Opens 11:30AM
    "Great authentic Thai food. Friendly staff are customer focused to ..."
    Business Hours :
    Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
    Friday - Saturday: 11:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
    Sunday: 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
    Closed Mondays

This one: The Thai
    4.1 (140) · $$ · Thai
    Branch of the popular BYOB Thai mini-chain that allows diners to customize each dish's heat level.
    327 US-202
    Comfort food · Quick bite · Healthy options
    Closed ⋅ Opens 11AM
    "Great Thai food and very friendly staff at an incredibly reasonable..."

Hmm, I did notice that the House of Thai has a 4.5 rating vs the others 4.1
    Research pays ?

TMI ??

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Friday Morning!
    Had a fun time last night with everyone. Concert looked like it might be a really LONG night, as they originally combined the 6th graders with the HS orchestra..the auditorium was packed, and the list of musical selections was long....the 6th graders went first and played, then awards were handed out to that group, and at that point, whether it was planned or spontaneous I do not know, but all the parents, etc of the 6th graders got up and left in mass!!! :)
    Then my family decided to go to Jimmy John's to pick up sandwiches. I'd never been, and most likely won't go again, but they did have a vegetarian sub. So I ordered that sans the cheese and mayo. Not the best I've ever eaten, but good enough to eat none the less.

That 'bit of rain' that Ed mentioned produced a double rainbow, and as I drove home I could see at least one of them either to my left or dead ahead of me...it was interesting.., fun, and as if nature had taken a cue from 'Where's Waldo'....talk about distracted (but fun) driving!
    I did get a smattering of rain but not as much as at the kids house. I-85 seems to be the dividing line...I'm east and they're west of 85. Happens frequently that they get more rain.
    Here is a question for both You and Ed, On the news yesterday they showed a Grandmother crying and being arrested after a traffic stop. The reason give for the arrest was that she refused to sign the ticket, Is that a real requirement in Georgia ? This would be the first I ever heard of that being a requirement.

Moving On, I can sort of see why the 6th graders parent would leave after they were done. I thought that the name Jimmy Johns sounded familiar so I Googled and it is a chain that has locations in NJ too. Thinks for the mini review, how did the others like the regular Non Vegetarian Foods ?

I would love to see a double rainbow, the only place I have ever seen them is on the TV :(
    'duty list' today includes bringing back the trash containers, trip to the gym, Avocado and a couple limes from the Mexican Market next door, then a quick stop at Publix. I'm out of both smoked gouda, and cheddar fake cheeses. Publix and Whole Foods are the only local stores that carry the Follow My Heart brand. I've tried and totally was disgusted by some of the others. soooooo.

Kathie, in the summer at least 92 degrees would be a blessing sometimes!! Having said that Sat. and Sun will be that warm if not warmer. They don't call it 'Hot Lanta' for nothing!

Ed, I don't see the cast iron dutch oven in the ads either. I have to wonder if it was a prior weeks advert. that I looked at? Sorry for the misinformation. I very well may make an Aldi's run and pick up a watermelon..will snoop around in the Aldi's Finds area to see if I see any 'leftovers'!

Roger, I'd say you had a 'full cart' at Costco!!! I need to head that way too, but not today. :)

Later...
    I have been known to throw out foods I bought, rarely however working on the principal of I bought I am not wasting it.

The cart was indeed full as the three cases if You can apply cases to something in plastic wrap filled the basket except for the Kids seat section where I piled the rest of the items. I wonder if I am the odd man out since I make sure that they can scan the bar codes as I load the cart and thus avoid having to put things on the belt to be scanned ?

I had been putting off the CostCo run too, I wanted to get my NS delivery and have the frozen in the freezer before I bought the frozen vegetables so I could see how much room was left in the cart. We were down to 6 Kleenex, One roll of paper towels, a opened 9 roll sleeve of TP.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

How is your weather?

Hi Kathie

Roger

Good morning. I finally got here early for a change. Working today but its Saturday so that's a good thing.

Have a good day.

Hi Kathie
    I was curious if You have tried the NS items ? I have tried some of the Limited time Dinners now that my delivery has arrived, The Chipotle Beef and Broccoli Bowl was hotter than I like, I have not tried the Artichoke & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast and I have high hopes that it is good since I took a chance and ordered four of them, the Roasted Chicken Pomodoro must have been added after I ordered and I would have loved to try it, I suspect that it will be gone by the time I do my next order, I need to go do a three month delay today. I can always move it closer if needed. I do use some items from the freezer section to add variety hence the three month delay.

As an example the lower sugar oatmeal from Quaker oats is tasty and cheaper than the NS oatmeal. I buy Blueberry Waffles and Blueberry Pancakes at the Dollar Tree, 3 meals for a dollar :smiley:
    I also have too many Non refrigerated lunches in the cabinet that I need to use up.

Enjoy You next two days off from work
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's satisfying Saturday. 67 now with an expected high of 91 and 0% chance of precipitation.

We have orchid photography today and a pool party. At the same time. J plans to stop by the pool party location, help set up, then drive to the orchid photography, and then back to the pool party for the last couple of hours and cleanup.

My bad knee decided to be ... well...bad yesterday all of a sudden and honestly I'm not sure if I'm going at all. Maybe just go to the party (but it's a 6 hour party...) and let J go by himself to the photography? Or maybe just stay at home and elevate my knee. I'll decide a bit later I guess...

Need to get laundry from the other day folded and need to feed the cats. Might make a bowl of oatmeal now that Roger has reminded me I have some in there to make.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Options
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Some vegan lunch/meal preps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFT4X_WPlvQ
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Can you drink water when you eat? Well I'd say since I do, that obviously I can! I've heard arguments from a chiropractor about when to eat certain foods and when to drink water but I say if you're thirsty, drink some water...and it's hard to eat some foods without SOMETHING to drink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrnoD_enMfw
  • parityanimal
    Options

Did I ever mention that a Chinese take out location has added Cheese Steak Egg Rolls, Fried Donuts and something called Crab Rangoon ?

They've just added Crab Rangoon? I thought just about all Chinese places had that on their menus from long ago to now. It's actually quite tasty, but not something one should eat a lot of.

• parityanimal
    Options
    We keep getting these credit card sized $100 wine voucher with free shipping offers in the packages of things my brother buys. As I see it it could be a good offer, You need to buy a case of wine at $160 and up to qualify. I Just do not know how to tell if it is a good offer ? The offer is from nakedwines.com.

I've had three of the wines from NakedWines and they were decent. The deal sounds reasonable, but I haven't looked at their pricing lately so can't be sure. And to get that special offer do you have to agree to any sort of automatic shipping every month or the like? Read the fine print.

If you can get the offer without having to sign up for anything, and THEN decide whether you want to join any club they may have, after reading the terms, it might be worth a try.

I joined my wine club (www.splashwines.com) initially through a Groupon deal that, at that time, gave me a free 6 month membership. They don't ship me ANYTHING unless I order it, and the wines are pretty good and reasonably priced. At the end of the six month period I bought a Founders Club membership (lifetime for a one time payment) to continue to get member prices, along with a free bottle of wine (have to include it in a crate though) once a year, and 5% of purchases back in discounts.

As I have that lifetime membership, with no automatic shipments, I don't really have much interest in any wine club that wants to try to "learn" my tastes and then automatically select wines for me. I may select a curated crate from Splash, with pre-defined selections, but it's ME deciding I'll take that particular assortment, not some computer program that thinks I might like it, and it is not being sent unless I request it. They generally have a number of fairly consistent pre-selected assortments, and you can always opt to build your own. Some of the curated crates are all wines I'm familiar with and some have several I've not tried. I love trying new things, so may select one that has some new (to me) wines occasionally. I have to build my own crate when ordering my free bottle. I enter the coupon code, and the free bottle is placed in the virtual crate waiting for me to select 14 more wines to fill the crate.

Shipping is free for members (it wasn't free in the Groupon deal, but the price was low enough to offset that) so once I make my selections, my total in wine is my total cost. They are not charging sales tax on shipments to Georgia at this time as they have no presence in this state and are not required to do so.

I like my Splash wines better than I liked the three Naked wines I tried, but in all fairness I only tried three of their "summer patio" wines on a special deal I saw on Amazon last summer. So I haven't really tried enough from them to say for sure how the rest of their selections are.