HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    Thur 5/31
    Tracking: no
    Calories: no
    Excercise: no

I’m out for the winners circle this week. I like the accountability challenge cause it makes me think about every decision - but it also drives my anxiety through the roof.
    Today for example: I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night and I kept feeling bad about myself cause I was too tired to work out. And those negative feelings are not gonna be good for me in the long run. Today was also a coworkers going away party after work. I came very close to not going cause I felt like I shouldn’t be out enjoying myself, and almost missed saying goodbye to someone I care for. Again, this is not gonna be good for me long term.
    I already know next week I wont make the winners circle either. I have a concert on Tuesday and a monthly dinner at a brewery with good friends. I’m not gonna pass on good times cauae of my anxiety. I think going forward I will pass on the mini challenge until I am ready for that next step.

Erik, I TOTALLY get where you are coming from!!! Some days, in my warped mind, when I know I won't be making time for exercise, I think, "Well, it's a pass day for me now, so I am just going to eat whatever I want and not log it!" Ugh!! You don't need to exercise to lose weight, so why should I throw the day away because of it? Conversely, on days you know you might be eating more than normal, like a dinner at the brewery with friends, are days you should absolutely try to get in some good exercise to mitigate the damage from higher calories. Not, instead, to think you should skip the workout because it will be a pass day anyways!!!

The point of the Mini Challenge is not to make anyone anxious, or to make anyone want to pass up on real life moments and good times, so definitely put it out of your mind for now!! On days you can follow your eating plan, you will. On days you can workout, you will. String enough of these days together, lose weight you will!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Mimi Challenge - May 31st

logged food: yes
    under calories: barely, just by 12!!
    exercise: yes, just the bare minimum....20 minutes of a dumbbell workout, burned hardly any calories doing it!!
    water: 80 ounces
  • Coheednkimbria
    Coheednkimbria Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Username: Coheednkimbria
    Weigh in week: June Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Week's weight: 160
    Todays Weight: 158
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Friday, May 25th: 168.8
    Friday, June 1st: 161.6

I know it's mostly water, so I am going to save my happy dance for next week, if I can manage to keep this going!!! I am still happy, but just reserved for now!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Username: Coheednkimbria
    Previous Week's weight: 160
    Todays Weight: 158

Woohoo!! Looks like someone "forgot" to celebrate Memorial Day!!! Or rather, you celebrated in moderation, then used Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to work your butt off to make sure you posted a loss this week!!! Well done!!! You must be so pleased that you didn't let this weekend derail you after the royal wedding weekend!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I had an NSV at work yesterday. One of our customers brought in a collection of homemade pies (some were still warm...that's how fresh they were) to say thank you. Let's see, there was pumpkin, cherry, rhubarb, apple and huckleberry, and I passed on all of them!!! In my mind, I knew that I will still have plenty of opportunities in my future for homemade pie, so I didn't necessarily need to have a slice yesterday!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Username: Murdog3t
    Previous Week's weight: 162.2
    Todays Weight: 158.6

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    May 31
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yoga & meditation, walk
    Steps 6501
    Water 128

TGIF
    Bloating has subsided as you can see in the weightloss.... hopefully hormonal stuff gone for now
    Menopause is not fun
    Stressful job causes old injuries to come out not fun
    Hopefully I have the stressful job under control now
    Happy Friday
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Week of May 27th (Week 1)
    1. Tracking
    2. Calories
    3. Exercise

Sun: Yes, Yes, Yes (30 minutes walking)
    Mon: Yes, Yes, Yes (45 minutes walking)
    Tue: Yes, Yes, No

Wed: Yes, Yes, Yes (30 minutes walking)
    Thu: Yes, No, No

So, for a variety of reasons, I have not gotten a really good night's sleep in almost a week. Typically, even one day can throw me off. I hung in there until yesterday. Yesterday was a battle. My calories were over. But even with that, the food choices themselves were still good and somewhat purposeful to my understanding of the cravings I was experiencing.

My cat has been one reason for the lack of sleep. She has been so excited to see the sun come up each day and has demanded sharing it with me this past week even if I was up late. So last night, before I went to bed, I had a talk with her. I explained that I really, really needed my sleep and that I needed her to let me sleep later. Okay, I'm not saying that my cat understands everything I say or even does half what I ask, but I will say that I was shocked to wake up late this morning to realize that I had slept through my husband getting ready for work and that my cat was curled up quietly next to me!

• thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    5/31
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise 33 min Pilates fix
  • okalex
    okalex Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Okalex
    Friday week 1
    Last week weight 166.5
    Current weight 167

I haven’t exactly been on my best behaviour the last few days. It’s my birthday tomorrow and have given myself a few extra days of celebration lol. I’ll be starting back with my routine Monday.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    May 31
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yoga & meditation, walk
    Steps 6501
    Water 128

TGIF
    Bloating has subsided as you can see in the weightloss.... hopefully hormonal stuff gone for now
    Menopause is not fun
    Stressful job causes old injuries to come out not fun
    Hopefully I have the stressful job under control now
    Happy Friday

Hey, Tami! I can relate my dear!!! Glad to hear things are subsiding for now and that you were able to post a loss for last week! We all know you've been working hard enough for a loss...it's nice that the scales concur!! Have a great Friday!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Week of May 27th (Week 1)
    1. Tracking
    2. Calories
    3. Exercise

Sun: Yes, Yes, Yes (30 minutes walking)
    Mon: Yes, Yes, Yes (45 minutes walking)
    Tue: Yes, Yes, No

Wed: Yes, Yes, Yes (30 minutes walking)
    Thu: Yes, No, No

So, for a variety of reasons, I have not gotten a really good night's sleep in almost a week. Typically, even one day can throw me off. I hung in there until yesterday. Yesterday was a battle. My calories were over. But even with that, the food choices themselves were still good and somewhat purposeful to my understanding of the cravings I was experiencing.

My cat has been one reason for the lack of sleep. She has been so excited to see the sun come up each day and has demanded sharing it with me this past week even if I was up late. So last night, before I went to bed, I had a talk with her. I explained that I really, really needed my sleep and that I needed her to let me sleep later. Okay, I'm not saying that my cat understands everything I say or even does half what I ask, but I will say that I was shocked to wake up late this morning to realize that I had slept through my husband getting ready for work and that my cat was curled up quietly next to me!

Those of us that are cat people would say, "Of course your cat understood you! They always understand....they just don't always choose to be accommodating!!!" Sleep is so important!! My cat used to wake me up at 5 am every morning, but I was also 10 years younger!

I hear an NSV in there, when you said that even though you were exhausted and ate over your calorie limit, your choices were not horrible!! So the only blah feeling you were having is from being tired, not from the food you were eating, too!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    okalex wrote: »
    Okalex
    Friday week 1
    Last week weight 166.5
    Current weight 167

I haven’t exactly been on my best behaviour the last few days. It’s my birthday tomorrow and have given myself a few extra days of celebration lol. I’ll be starting back with my routine Monday.

Well, first off, Happy Birthday! Or should I say Happy Birthweekend!! At least your slight "up" on the scales is not a mystery!!! Enjoy your celebration, and then, like you said, back at it Monday!!!!
  • txmaryk99
    txmaryk99 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mini challenge

Thur 5/31
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes Walked with the dog in the rain. She thought the rain was her personal playground and was happy to run, dance and jump in puddles so the walk was quite brisk. This was the first time I have let her go out in the rain.

@okalex Happy Birthday

@GardenMama129 I had a cat so totally understand and yes she does get what you are saying. I now have a puppy and she is also excited to see the sun. She started woofing at 4:30 this morning . Of course she is now sound asleep on the bed with hubby, go figure.

@murdog3t menopause is not for the weak. I used to call those hot flashes my own personal Bermuda moments. Thankfully the are few and far between now along with the craziness that comes with them. Sending calming ocean breezes your way to blow away the job stresses, and a virtual umbrella drink to calm the nerves.
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in wednesday
    Previous: 182
    Current: 182

• WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Those of us that are cat people would say, "Of course your cat understood you! They always understand....they just don't always choose to be accommodating!!!" Sleep is so important!! My cat used to wake me up at 5 am every morning, but I was also 10 years younger!

I hear an NSV in there, when you said that even though you were exhausted and ate over your calorie limit, your choices were not horrible!! So the only blah feeling you were having is from being tired, not from the food you were eating, too!!

You heard correctly. And while I would like to have had fewer calories and carbs yesterday, the ones I ate did not leave me feeling like I had undone anything that would now be some big setback. Just a blip with some additional nourishment. :)

• HASWLRS
    Options
    miroller wrote: »
    Weigh-in wednesday
    Previous: 182
    Current: 182

Holding steady.....and after a long weekend! No harm, no foul. When you are ready to move forward....great things will happen!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini challenge
    Thur 5/31
    Tracking: no
    Calories: no
    Excercise: no

I’m out for the winners circle this week. I like the accountability challenge cause it makes me think about every decision - but it also drives my anxiety through the roof.
    Today for example: I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night and I kept feeling bad about myself cause I was too tired to work out. And those negative feelings are not gonna be good for me in the long run. Today was also a coworkers going away party after work. I came very close to not going cause I felt like I shouldn’t be out enjoying myself, and almost missed saying goodbye to someone I care for. Again, this is not gonna be good for me long term.
    I already know next week I wont make the winners circle either. I have a concert on Tuesday and a monthly dinner at a brewery with good friends. I’m not gonna pass on good times cauae of my anxiety. I think going forward I will pass on the mini challenge until I am ready for that next step.

Erik, I TOTALLY get where you are coming from!!! Some days, in my warped mind, when I know I won't be making time for exercise, I think, "Well, it's a pass day for me now, so I am just going to eat whatever I want and not log it!" Ugh!! You don't need to exercise to lose weight, so why should I throw the day away because of it? Conversely, on days you know you might be eating more than normal, like a dinner at the brewery with friends, are days you should absolutely try to get in some good exercise to mitigate the damage from higher calories. Not, instead, to think you should skip the workout because it will be a pass day anyways!!!

The point of the Mini Challenge is not to make anyone anxious, or to make anyone want to pass up on real life moments and good times, so definitely put it out of your mind for now!! On days you can follow your eating plan, you will. On days you can workout, you will. String enough of these days together, lose weight you will!!

Thanks for always being supportive! Im definitely gonna still post in the mini challenge. I just have to learn to not beat myself up if I have an extra off day. I know the point isn’t to make people anxious, but those are just personal things I have to learn to get over
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Mini Challenge - June 1st

logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes, 56 minute walk
    water: 88 ounces
This discussion has been closed.