Robert's Southern Fried OMAD Journey

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited June 2018
    The scale is really only useful as a guide when you are majorly overweight. How you feel and how your clothes fit are much better indicators of progress, indeed.

Your videos and approach have helped me realize this fact. I’m seeing more online motivators, facilitators and teachers attempt to enlighten the masses in this regard. There is hope.

OMAD is niche, but IF seems to be catching on somewhat. That is a blessing.

I use food logs more to keep track of what works and to provide proof that one can eat well and transform their health and bodies. Will not sweat +- 200-300 calories.

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I love splurge days, I never would have made it to maintenance without them :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    I love splurge days, I never would have made it to maintenance without them :)

Indeed, I needed one so badly. However, my dessert was 10 pieces of sugar free chocolate candy and a delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter port beer (don’t drink much, but it seemed interesting).

My final meal was a double patty Green Chile cheese burger with provolone and no bun. All the trimmings and about 15 medium sweet potato fries, freshly made.

Yeah, OMAD works for me, my splurge days aren’t so wild. Seems so tame.

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    edited June 2018
    That splurge day sounded AMAZING!!!!!
    I'm from MD, so I put Old Bay on nearly everything! It tastes great on almost everything IMO, but I'm biased B)
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited June 2018
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    That splurge day sounded AMAZING!!!!!
    I'm from MD, so I put Old Bay on nearly everything! It tastes great on almost everything IMO, but I'm biased B)

I’m finding some kindred spirits around here, it’s so delightful.

Old Bay has been acquired for my pantry, was my first order of business this morning.

BTW, the northern sweet crab is superior to our southern crab (is sorta bland) I’m hooked.

Also, not sure if I mentioned this, but crab cakes are good on a daily basis.

• tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    I love me some crab cakes!!
  • EstrangedTiger
    tlblanks1 wrote: »
    I love me some crab cakes!!

Yes! - and they have great ones across the border in PA as well!

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Oh crab cakes... How I love thee
  • brittdee88
    BTW, the northern sweet crab is superior to our southern crab

You are officially my new best friend! No one ever wants to admit that the seafood down here is bland -- I felt the same way about the gulf seafood when I was living in Houston.
  • EstrangedTiger
    edited June 2018
    BTW, the northern sweet crab is superior to our southern crab

You are officially my new best friend! No one ever wants to admit that the seafood down here is bland -- I felt the same way about the gulf seafood when I was living in Houston.

If you are willing to deal with the crazy, we can make it official! The exception in the South seems to be Cajun cooking!
  • brittdee88
    Who doesn't love a little crazy?!?! :D
    And you are 100% right - Cajun and Creole are the definite exceptions! They find a way to make their gulf seafood sing!
  • EstrangedTiger
    Who doesn't love a little crazy?!?! :D
    And you are 100% right - Cajun and Creole are the definite exceptions! They find a way to make their gulf seafood sing!

My friend from Louisiana makes a pan for the two of us and a pot for the rest of the group! :D

Yes, I forget about Creole.

• catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    I was born in Bristol PA, graduated from Northampton high school live now past 30 years + in NM.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Max weight: 277lbs - Jan 1sh
    Starting weight: 273 - Middle February
    May 17 - 228
    June 17 - 226

The pharmacy body fat meter says I dropped 4%. These monitors can be hit and miss, but seems to be consistent with the June accountability photos. I look about 8-10lbs lighter.

So, I'm content. Good times.

Seems to be more evidence that this 5-11 frame may hold a little more muscle naturally, we shall see!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Catching up on your thread after vaca you are still killin' it....
  • EstrangedTiger
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Catching up on your thread after vaca you are still killin' it....

Thank you. Have discovered a little trick for vacations. Only drink with meals, seems to counter the bloat and weight gain. I drink less, as well (not judging anyone, just an observation).

2MAD works well on vacation. I skipped breakfast and had nice lunches and dinners within 4-5 hours. Basically the same amount of food.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Awesome!!! :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    I should have done better with the drinks...but the dang tikki bar.....and our condo they pop fresh popcorn every afternoon and I just was not able to have one bit of self control when it came to those two things....Oh well, it could have been a lot worse in terms of a gain....

• EstrangedTiger
    dkayingram wrote: »
    I should have done better with the drinks...but the dang tikki bar.....and our condo they pop fresh popcorn every afternoon and I just was not able to have one bit of self control when it came to those two things....Oh well, it could have been a lot worse in terms of a gain....

Gotta have fun!

• Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    Max weight: 277lbs - Jan 1sh
    Starting weight: 273 - Middle February
    May 17 - 228
    June 17 - 226

The pharmacy body fat meter says I dropped 4%. These monitors can be hit and miss, but seems to be consistent with the June accountability photos. I look about 8-10lbs lighter.

So, I'm content. Good times.

Seems to be more evidence that this 5-11 frame may hold a little more muscle naturally, we shall see!

I'll be on the lookout for one of those drug store meters. It would be interesting to see what it reads.