JULY MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @NikkiJRM I agree with stormy! I've often thought you should start a blog or web series. Because, I know you have ALL the time in the world ;)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! This forum is such an amazing place to get motivation, great advice and ask questions! I'm excited for July - bring it on!

Im going to a family reunion in July in northwestern Nebraska to see family that I haven't seen in 20+ years! (Facebook is a wonderful thing) But I have NO DOUBT that I can stick to my keto plan and will have plenty of keto friendly snacks on hand!

March 20 (began keto)
    total loss so far 29.6 lbs.

Sunday Jul 1:
    Sunday 7/8:
    Sunday 7/15:
    Sunday 7/22:
    Sunday 7/29:
    Tuesday 7/31:

Jul goal: 8 lbs
    Personal goal: 100 miles (walking)
  • shirli2018
    shirli2018 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Last day of June so time to set a July goal. I didn't meet my June GW but I'm ok with that. I was on the road for 10 days and still managed to drop some lbs.
    The same story goes for July. I have back to back travel, but this time it to known locations, so I feel I can prepare better. I also think I'm a pro now getting "home made" ice packs thru TSA, so that makes life a lot easier.

Keto SW 248.2 lbs (5/24/2018)
    Weight at end of June 231.2 lbs (-17 lbs)
    July GW 223 lbs

Sunday 07/01
    Sunday 07/08
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Well done, so many people have done really well with weight loss in June and even if those pounds are proving more stubborn that anticipated, just remember it took us a while to get to the point we decided enough is enough! So although Keto is amazing in that it reduces that 'hangry' sensation and for many people it reduces both appetite and the desire to snack, it ain't a magic bullet and we still have to do the work and wait the time. For me, at least, it just makes it easier which doesn't mean to say I don't breakout occasionally!

As I've said before and no doubt will say again, it's not the falling off the wagon that matters, it's the lying by the roadside saying you can't get up and it's not worth it anyhow because you've gained a few pounds. We've all been there and what matters is getting back up there and knowing it was a blip and the weight will come off again. Yell, shout and post about it, the encouragement and the help is here. Good luck to all in July. <3<3

• Taker316
    Taker316 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm game. Just started my adventure on keto.

Sunday 07/01
    Sunday 07/08
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sunday 07/01: 174.8 at 10.7% BF

we will see us in august
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Sunday 07/01: 174.8 at 10.7% BF

we will see us in august

Have a great holiday in Serbia! August will be here before we know it!!!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Start weight 09/24 184
    Sunday 06/24 149.2

Sunday 07/01 148.0
    Sunday 07/08
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29

So this month I've decided that I'm not really going to log mainly because I didn't really do it very accurately anyhow but I just liked to know how many days I had logged onto MFP, however somehow or other I must have missed a day because now it tells me that I'm on a 6 day streak: no I'm not!! I was on a something like 280+ day streak so although I was annoyed that the thing had dropped off I'm now free of my OCD tendency so no more streaks for me at the moment!
    Also I need to think about what my next goal is. I think I'm probably safely in the 140s now, so where am I going next? I'm 5'4" and in my 60s and too thin as you get older is not the most attractive look. Maybe for July I'll just try to loose a couple of more pounds especially as we have a busy time ahead with visitors including some friends from the USA coming and us all doing a tour of the West Highlands of Scotland, lots of good food and wine, actually maybe I should try to loose 5 pounds in preparation..............
    That's my ramble about me and July! Good luck to all of us hanging on in there and welcome to everyone new!
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    In June I tried lazy keto or relaxed-keto or keto by the seat of your pants or what ever version of keto that doesn’t work you’d like to call it. In July I’m going back to the basics again. I’m going to be as keto clean and MFP true as I can muster. My casual approach to keto in June had me going to extremes to make up for mistakes, indulgences and bad decisions.

For July I’m making a pledge to self:

1. Don’t put yourself in extreme situations. Stay as close to the keto road as possible so you don’t have to use a GPS, compass or sextant to find your way back to the keto path.
    2. When not If, you lose your way - don’t use it as an excuse to add on more hours, days or weeks to bad behavior. And don’t beat yourself up either – Just get back to it ASAP.
    3. Remember to acknowledge and appreciate Non-Scale Victories (NSVs). It’s not all about the pounds, Body Fat%, BMI and other measurable stats that I can post on my frig, Fakebook or Instahero.

Bring on July! I'm ready, with a back to basics plan, to reach some long range health goals this month.

4ItHm8.png

well aid and very inspiring.
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My mistakes for june were that I try many things new too early. My victories are that I kept on going even when doubting myself. So for this week, I am trying new things at a minimum. Planning on having keto cake weekly, and some keto fat bombs and nuts for snacks. I have also discovered that provolone and yogurt are not my friends. So I need to find some yogurt made with coconut milk. I am glad that with keto I am more attuned to my body and can really tell when i am having an allergic reaction or sensitivity to food which of course contributes to inflammation and the body holding on the fat and not loosing it at least in my case. Thank you everyone for the support.
  • ssbbg
    ssbbg Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Sunday 07/01- 167.3 lbs
    Sunday 07/08
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29

Goal for this month is -5 lbs, so 162 lbs.

I don't see July in the spreadsheet yet...

• laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    SW- 312.8
    Started Keto: May 4th (SW: 286.4)

Sunday 07/01- 268.2
    Sunday 07/08
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29

July goal- 260

My goal is to surpass 50 lbs released and MORE for July! I also need to up my fat intake a little because the past several days I have been very hungry and struggled more with IF. Also, my scale was up 1.2lbs this morning from yesterday, which is a bummer but isn't the end of the world. I have just began taking MCT oil capsules and hoping I get good results. I have noticed a lag in energy lately, but I also workout pretty hard 5-6x a week. While I have a LOT of weight to lose, I have firmed up a lot. My focus is my stomach and arms since I am getting married September 15th and want to feel better about myself. I won't look the way I dreamed I would, however I will look a whole lot better than I would have when I began.

Good luck and I hope there are many goals met for my fellow challengers this month!
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My ULTIMATE goal is to no longer have weight and health issues. I want to be fully focused on other life goals and feel completely in control of this aspect of my life.

BINGO!!! Well said.