JULY MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• elisabel
    elisabel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just found this challenge, I just found my way back to MFP after 3 weeks off...this time. I'm back up since my break in May and June vacation but I'm ready to come back and see some new numbers!

Started Keto: 03/02/18
    Starting Weight (KETO): 188 (started the year at 197)
    Goal Weight: 164

Sunday 07/01: 181.8
    Sunday 07/08: 178.6
    Sunday 07/15
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29

July weight goal 175 or better :smile:
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I’m slowly coming down off of a self sabotage high carb binge. I’m moody, tired and nothing fits right now. I just bought a new battery for my scale and plan to get back at it this weekend. I will post my weigh in on Sunday.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    I’m slowly coming down off of a self sabotage high carb binge. I’m moody, tired and nothing fits right now. I just bought a new battery for my scale and plan to get back at it this weekend. I will post my weigh in on Sunday.

Hey, we all have those times so you are certainly not alone! Isn't the bloat from carbs dire, never mind you are on the right direction and you know the weight will come off, just never as fast as it goes on if you are anything like me, why is that.........so annoying!! See you Sunday. <3<3
  • ssbbg
    ssbbg Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Sunday 07/01- 167.3 lbs
    Sunday 07/08- 172.7 lbs
    Sunday 07/15- 168.2 lbs
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29

I still think I have some water weight going on. I've been in a deficit for the last two weeks, so I shouldn't be up from my starting weight. I should be down at least a pound. (I've been hiking a lot recently, and I don't have a good feeling about which device is giving me the correct calorie burn. There is a pretty big spread- last hike I got 500-1100 calories depending on the app/device pair. I logged 500...)

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Finishing out June - 06/30: 216.8

Sunday 07/01: 215.6
    Sunday 07/08: 214.6
    Sunday 07/15: 212.1
    Sunday 07/22:
    Sunday 07/29:

Finishing out July - 07/31:

I have to keep telling myself a loss is a loss is a loss is a loss, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous of people posting 4/5/6 lb weekly losses.

• chinatowninchina
    Options
    ssbbg wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!

Sunday 07/01- 167.3 lbs
    Sunday 07/08- 172.7 lbs
    Sunday 07/15- 168.2 lbs
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29

I still think I have some water weight going on. I've been in a deficit for the last two weeks, so I shouldn't be up from my starting weight. I should be down at least a pound. (I've been hiking a lot recently, and I don't have a good feeling about which device is giving me the correct calorie burn. There is a pretty big spread- last hike I got 500-1100 calories depending on the app/device pair. I logged 500...)

These devices aren't that accurate and so lots of people don't 'eat' their exercise calories, I'm not sure if you are? Also are your carbs low enough, though by the looks of things you've nicely taken off the gain from last week and in my experience with my weight it takes me at least to weeks to take off a gain that took me a couple of days to achieve, very annoying!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    Today is yet another new day... I bought a new battery for my scale, installed it and...

Sunday July 15 - 187.0

This is actually not my starting weight. This is basically my highest weight ever... up over 20lbs from what I was earlier this year when I first joined the monthly challenges.

It’s hard not to feel like a failure for how many times I’ve started, stopped, re-gained and re-started, but here I am... again!

My goal is to lose about 50-ish lbs.

You are NOT a failure! Failure comes when you don't come back and you give up. As we all know it's sooooo much easier to gain weight than to loose it but the important thing is you are back and determined and admitting to a gain, that's being a grown up! <3
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Finishing out June - 06/30: 216.8

Sunday 07/01: 215.6
    Sunday 07/08: 214.6
    Sunday 07/15: 212.1
    Sunday 07/22:
    Sunday 07/29:

Finishing out July - 07/31:

I have to keep telling myself a loss is a loss is a loss is a loss, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous of people posting 4/5/6 lb weekly losses.

and those people are few and far between and it's not sustainable, just remember the hare and the tortoise! You have lost more than 3 pounds since 1st July, in fact since June 30th you've lost more than 4 pounds! That's excellent and it's also the way to minimise skin sag and to keep the weight off. If you look at this group we don't drop that much in a week or if we do it's because we've gained and we're back on it and loosing water weight!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    shirli2018 wrote: »
    Good morning all,

Just wanted to share my biggest NSV being able to buckle my seat belt on a plane and have multiple inches left. At my top weight just about two months ago, I would extend my seat belt to the max and would be able to buckle it that way, but there was one flight that I had to really really pull hard and suck all in to be able to buckle and it was tight. I been telling myself last 6 months that I don't want to get to the point of asking for a belt extension. I'm so happy to just be "comfortable"in that tiny seat.

Have a great week!

Weight at end of June 231.2 lbs (-17 lbs)
    July GW 223 lbs

Sunday 07/01 230.8
    Sunday 07/08 228.4 (-2.4 lbs)
    Sunday 07/15 226.4 (-2.0 lbs)
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29

That is really fantastic, I bet you felt amazingly proud of yourself and rightly so! I'm betting another NSV is having to buy a new belt to keep your jeans up, or indeed new jeans!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,689 Member
    Options
    sxcdj0xpqmjg.png

I started keto in May and lost a lot of weight the first two weeks. I thought it would keep falling off that fast, but it has trickled down to about a pound a week, which I like better.

I only had 40 pounds to lose originally, and now there are only 25 left. So it's not far, and losing 4-5 pounds a month will get me there before year-end. Slow and steady feels so trustworthy and potentially permanent.

For the first time in my life, I know what I want to weigh and how to do it and am confident it will happen. And that is contentment. It's so nice to love myself for what I'm doing to myself instead of hate and fear.