JULY MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I hate excuses, so I won’t offer any. I’m up 4 pounds from last week and the week before wasn’t pretty either. I’m no longer within ten of my goal weight and I’ve dropped below 40 pounds lost for the year. I’m not trolling for sympathy here. I know what I did wrong and know where the responsibility belongs.

Here’s the good news: I will use this setback as motivation to move in the right direction. I’ve already proved to myself that keto is a successful lifestyle for me. Now it is time to focus and get back to the things that have worked for me over the previous six months. I will see you all here next week without excuses and some scale victories to report.

4ItHm8.png

Hey if it were easy wouldn't it be great? However, it seems we're all human! I know I say it all the bleedin' time (UK English!) but we only fail when we stop and give up, not when we meet a bump and get over it, sometimes admittedly several bumps and crawl over them but we carry on crawling and then we get up again! Good luck this week. <3
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    sykin wrote: »
    Started Keto: June 21
    Starting Weight: 167.4
    Goal Weight: 150 (but may go lower if I still feel good)

Sunday 07/01: 159.8
    Sunday 07/08: 158.8
    Sunday 07/15: 158.8
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29

Weight didn't change by Sunday, I've been gaining/losing the same 0.2 pounds all week. I'm still feeling good in my clothes though :)

I had my first "cheat", or what I consider a cheat anyway. I had a couple of mixed drinks. Not my normal ones (which all involve orange juice and flavored vodka or rum) but I found something I can have and not feel awful about. It was nice and felt like I was cheating because it was a sweet/flavored/non-savory thing. I got some of those mio vitamins squirt things, put it in 6 ounces of water, and added 1.5 oz of clear non-flavored vodka in one and a second was 1.5 oz of 100% agave tequila. I have a vacation coming up over Labor Day weekend (first weekend of September) and it's one we normally drink the whole weekend away, so I wanted to find out what I could drink and not completely bomb!

Happy Monday, everyone :)
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @sykin you've still lost almost 10 pounds though which is great and heading to your first goal of 150!
  • cbishop7777
    cbishop7777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm going the wrong direction at the moment, but I've had company for a week and haven't been able to get much exercise. Nor did I do very well at logging food. I didn't have any problem staying on the eating plan, but I probably had more wine and beer than was necessary. Oh, well. I'll keep plugging away! I have two weeks to make some progress.

Keto Jan SW: 175
    Current Weight: 160.4
    June Goal: less than 158.4
    Goal Weight: 140

Sunday - 07/01: 158.4
    Sunday - 07/08: 159.4
    Sunday - 07/15: 160.4
    Sunday - 07/22:
    Sunday - 07/29:
    July end - 07/31
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @cbishop7777 happens to us all, life gets in the way! It's just about to get in my way for the next two weeks! :)
  • chrys373
    chrys373 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    chrys373 wrote: »
    Keto April SW: 200.0 BF 42.5%
    Finished June at 170.7 BF 32.9%

July Goal less then 163.00 BF goal not sure ???

Sunday - 7/1 = 170.7
    Sunday - 7/8 = 170.1
    Sunday - 7/15 = 166.8
    Sunday - 7/22 =
    Sunday - 7/29 =
    July EOM- 7/31

• sdw1262
    sdw1262 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been a rough week last week. Had to get antibiotics for an infection and didn't do much walking, but things are getting lots better. Here's to a great week for everyone!

Keto Starting Weight: 191
    Current Weight: 182.1
    July Goal: 177
    Ultimate Goal: 125

Sunday 07/01 183.2
    Sunday 07/08 181.1 (-2.1)
    Sunday 07/15 181.8 (+.7)
    Sunday 07/22
    Sunday 07/29
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My weight has been slow to move. With my on again, off again eating habits, I have been weighing in at the same place I was in MAY :(

This month, so far, I have been on track more and on the days I am over in carbs, I have been really watching my calories. I have also been working out consistently, and on the days I don't make it to the gym, I am sure to walk a lot.

I measured my body fat again (handheld Omron, so not totally accurate, but it gives me an idea of progress) and I am down 1% from 6/22, so I hope that is accurate!

The three concerts we are attending at the Mid-State Fair are tomorrow night, Saturday and then next Thursday, then it's off for family vacation. So....we'll see how that goes!

Keto Starting Weight: 153
    Current Weight: 132
    July Goal: 128 (4 lbs)
    Ultimate Goal: 115

Thursday 07/05: 132
    Sunday 07/08: 132.4 (+.4)
    Tuesday 07/17: 130 (2.4)
    Sunday 07/22:
    Sunday 07/29
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @xDaniDragonflyx and still less than you started July!!
  • shirli2018
    shirli2018 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

That is really fantastic, I bet you felt amazingly proud of yourself and rightly so! I'm betting another NSV is having to buy a new belt to keep your jeans up, or indeed new jeans!

@chinatowninchina Thank you for the kind words. It is amazing to see such a noticeable change in such a short period. I have not looked into new jean (way too hot here to wear this time of the year), but I'm definitely see a difference in the way dresses and skirts fit me.
  • cbishop7777
    Options
    So what happened to the announcements on the keto group board? I had to get here from my phone notifications.
  • cbishop7777
    Options
    The July challenge, daily check-in, and the spreadsheet are all gone, what happened??
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @cbishop7777 maybe it's a forum glitch?
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    All my bookmarks are missing. I had to do a search, July Monthly Challenge and Keto Monthly Spreadsheet to get to those forums. I've experienced similar problems in the past. I'm confident MFP will eventually fix the problem. Until then we just have to do a manual work around to post here. So just like Dora in Looking for Nemo, "Keep on Swimin" :)
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options