TEAM: The Slimsons (September)

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Sandie020 wrote: »
    Hi all my name is Sandie and live in the UK
    This is my second go at this challenge. Due to personal problems last month I failed terribly and am hoping I can do better this month.

I work fiull time as a housekeeper in a care home for the elderly. I love my job and it is very active and can burn between 500 to 700 calories a day .good luck every one on your challenge and may you all reach your goals

@Sandie020 Welcome back!! Housework can be a really good workout, so that's always helpful!!
  • AB0215
    colinmcp wrote: »
    So after 5 weeks recovering from my bike tumble I'm back on it today.

Only did 8km (amazing how quick you lose the little cardio you had built) but I'll build up quick to the 30km I was doing 5 weeks back.

Hoping the bike and sticking to my calorie count will end up with a 6.8lbs loss this month to put me at 220 on my way to 200.

@colinmcp Welcome back!! You will get it back, but you are right about how quickly you can lose that cardio tolerance, but you get it back pretty quick too, so there's that :smile:
  • AB0215
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Happy September 1st! :)

My name is Nancy. I'm from the East Coast, Boston area- New England. Wife and Mom, to two sons, and my two furbabies---a standard Poodle & rag doll cat. Lost 90lbs by 2016 on MFP previously , reaching my goal weight --- BUT injuries over the past year (to my back and leg) had me gain back 20+ lbs. Trying to get back to my healthy weight and regain my lost muscle mass while I'm recovering.

This is my second round on the Monthly BLC Challenge. I reached my 10lb goal loss last month in the August Challenge with the Slimsons-- and hope to lose another 5+lbs in September and hopefully get back to my goal weight by the end of this year (maybe B) sooner! :# ).

Learned a lot from my team last month. I am looking forward to another successful month with you all--- and hope I can support you well in the process! <3

LET'S DO THIS!!! :p:):#

@SLIMn2016 Welcome back Nancy!! You got this!!
  • AB0215
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Hi All! Happy September! Happy to be a part of this challenge with you.
    I live in NYC, I travel often and I’m into healthy eating. I’ve been wanting to get this last 15/20 lbs off forever. So now is that time!

Saturday is my post day - so i guess I’ll post it here?

Username: mg07030
    Week - September week1
    PW- 148.0
    CW- 146.8

Have a great weekend!
    Mary

@mg07030 Welcome Mary!! You got this, we're here to support you, you will get there!!
  • AB0215
    mactigerr wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Bridgette. This is my first challenge. I've got 3 great kids, a fiance, a husky pit mix. I was in really good shape before having my third child. I stayed in good shape during the pregnancy due to a strenuous warehouse job. I then stayed home after she was born, and I'm sad to say the real thing that made me balloon up to 40 lbs bigger than my prepregnancy weight was developing a severe drinking problem. I struggled for a couple years, and I'm glad to say I'm better now! But, the weight is lingering. I've lost the same 20 lbs probably 4 times in that time. I'm ready to get back in shape. I'm working a new warehouse job, and average about 16,000 steps just before I leave work, but I'm going to try to add a little extra exercise in. I'm hoping to lose 15 lbs this month.

@mactigerr Welcome Bridgette!! That's a tough history there. I'm glad to see you're doing better!! 15lbs is a hefty goal, but it is achievable if you work hard, and good luck!! We're here to help!!
  • AB0215
    Hi everyone!!
    My name is Amy, I’m married and have a 6 month old daughter. I’m a licensed cosmetologist but only spent a few months in the salon before they closed up, I’ve only be licensed for just over a year. I enjoy cooking, dancing, go for walks with my family and I have a new life be for hiking! I’ve struggled with weight most of my life but after the August challenge I feel like this time is different, having a really good support system has been amazing! My goal for this month is to lose 10lbs, I feel like it’s totally obtainable especially with everything I learned from everyone in last month’s challenge!
    So ready to kill it this month!!💪👍🏻

@a_petersen09 Welcome back Amy!! 100%, I agree!! A support system really does help. I was skeptical back when I started (11 months ago now) and it's really helped me, kept me on track, even when I didn't really feel like it. I'm glad to see you're back for another month!! Let's crush September!!
  • AB0215
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Hi all!

My name is Missy and I’m in my early 30’s living in the Southern New England with my fiancé and our 4 furkids (2 Huskies, 1 Alusky, and 1 Bichon Frise who thinks she is a Husky). I work full time and then some in the corporate world. I recently started my own business as an Young Living Essential Oils Distributor, to support a healthy lifestyle and overall wellness. I’m still fairly new at that, so finding what oils works for me is a work in progress. I’m also in the process of researching a Graduate program to obtain a Ph.D in Sociology or Criminology in hopes to obtaining a job as a Sociology or Criminology Professor.

I take kickboxing, and Zumba classes. I also go kayaking, hiking, riding my bicycle with my fiancé and friends. My goals is to get back into running since it has been awhile and am basically starting at square one.

I’ve been a returning member of this Team and this month I’m refocusing on my diet and habits because I’ve been stuck in a rut for awhile now and I want to make it into Onederland by Christmas and at my goal weight/shape by my wedding. I’m currently a size 22 at 211.9 pounds and want to get back down to 110-120 range overall.

Whose ready to rock September and achieve their goals?!?

@gemwolf110 Welcome back Missy!! Honestly, there are a lot of benefits to essentials oils, and I have a diffuser that sits right on my desk, the desk I pretty much live at between my 2 work from home jobs..and honestly, I think it really does help me with stress, when I remember to fill it :smile:
    As for your diet...I was right there with you last year. I think the trick is finding what works for you, so I gave Keto a try and that's what melted the first 40 lbs off, super easy...might be worth researching if you are ready for a change.
  • colinmcp
    colinmcp Posts: 88 Member
    edited September 2018
    AB0215 wrote: »
    So after 5 weeks recovering from my bike tumble I'm back on it today.

Only did 8km (amazing how quick you lose the little cardio you had built) but I'll build up quick to the 30km I was doing 5 weeks back.

Hoping the bike and sticking to my calorie count will end up with a 6.8lbs loss this month to put me at 220 on my way to 200.

@colinmcp Welcome back!! You will get it back, but you are right about how quickly you can lose that cardio tolerance, but you get it back pretty quick too, so there's that :smile:

Got bored so went out and did another 23km lol.
  • cmm5904
    cmm5904 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m Chantel and this is my second round of this challenge. I live in Washington, north of Seattle. I work full-time and have two kiddos who are just getting back to school. I am so looking forward to getting back into a routine. I have a weekend trip to San Francisco coming up and hope I can stay on track during the trip. Last month I had hoped to exercise more but it didn’t quite happen. I’m hoping to get back in the gym his month and lose 5+ pounds in September.
  • colinmcp
    colinmcp Posts: 88 Member
    Woke up this morning sore from biking but am on the computer plotting my next bike course while my coffee brews.

Working at home most of this week which makes it hard for me to not graze so I'm allowing myself to eat 1/3 of the calories mapmyfitness tells me i've burned (don't trust it at all lol).
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Hello!!! I can't believe it is September already! This is my 2nd month doing the challenge. I am a stay at home - homeschooling mom of 3 kids. I also have my husband and my german shepherd Otis living here.
    I am trying to change my entire lifestyle this time instead of my eating habits. I come from a very obese family, and I am breaking the cycle for my kids. We are into hiking and camping, and my kids are all competitive swimmers, so I swim laps also since I am there already. I applied to teach a water aerobics class a couple times a week(my interview went well). Instead of a specific weight goal, I have a long term goal of having my pcos completely under control - including the insulin resistance it brings with it. I figure that will be at least 60-70 lbs though.

I struggled last couple days. With cravings and just wanting to munch. I was within my calories, but they were not the best food options.

So this month, my goal is to do the daily challenge when I am home. I hope that comes out to a 7lb weight loss. Also, to stay 90% on plan when we are camping 9/8-16. I have a feeling it will be hard to be 100% since we are relying on group cooking and living out of coolers. But I am going in prepared.

Also, I will be missing my 9/10 weigh-in. Can I weigh early? Or will it just have to count as a miss?
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Hi All,

Doing super keto this week! When I’m on it hardcore - I see some significant weight loss. I know some maybe water weight. Going to SoulCycle today. I’m a bit of an addict. That and coffee....

@colinmcp - great biking! Mine is all indoors..☺️

@Nikki_1130 - 3 lbs awesome!
  • Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    Well got of to a good start this month back to the gym yesterday after having two weeks away from it. Did an hour work out yesterday then went for a 2.50 mile walk in the evening. Today went for a swim at the gym for 30 minutes then went for another 1.50 mile walk. I will crack it this month still got 18lb to lose to get to my chosen target weigh. Back to work tomorrow :(
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Nikki_1130 wrote: »
    Username: Nikki_1130
    Week: Sept 2nd 2018
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW = 246.4
    CW = 243.8

Go Nikki! Great start in Sept! And WTG in August.
  • jcgator2016
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Doing super keto this week! When I’m on it hardcore - I see some significant weight loss. I know some maybe water weight. Going to SoulCycle today. I’m a bit of an addict. That and coffee....

@colinmcp - great biking! Mine is all indoors..☺️

@Nikki_1130 - 3 lbs awesome!

Good Luck MG. Have a great workout!
  • jcgator2016
    Woke up this morning sore from biking but am on the computer plotting my next bike course while my coffee brews.

Working at home most of this week which makes it hard for me to not graze so I'm allowing myself to eat 1/3 of the calories mapmyfitness tells me i've burned (don't trust it at all lol).

Have a great week, Colin.
  • jcgator2016
    Well got of to a good start this month back to the gym yesterday after having two weeks away from it. Did an hour work out yesterday then went for a 2.50 mile walk in the evening. Today went for a swim at the gym for 30 minutes then went for another 1.50 mile walk. I will crack it this month still got 18lb to lose to get to my chosen target weigh. Back to work tomorrow :(

Good Luck this week, Sandie!
  • Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member

Good Luck this week, Sandie!

Thank you fingers crossed
This discussion has been closed.