TEAM: Gutbusters (September)

Options

Replies

• metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    September 3
    Exercised?: Yes. Deck work saga continues:) 2 hrs of wood brightening. Also fall planting and cleanup.
    Calories?: Yes. Under a lot because we were busy working on the deck and forgot to eat but one giid meal.
    Tracked?: Yes.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    September 4
    Exercised Yes
    Tracked Yes
    Calories. Yes
    Did a low impact cardio workout with plenty of squats.
  • hayleymace90
    hayleymace90 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don’t know about anyone else but I’m finding tracking really hard to do and to be motivated to do it
  • LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Be_Lively wrote: »
    Be_Lively
    September Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 224
    CW: 222

Great start to the month, @Be_Lively !!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    I don’t know about anyone else but I’m finding tracking really hard to do and to be motivated to do it

@hayleymace90 I used to feel the same way. My mindset change was triggered by personal/family health news -- I realized I had to improve my health, fast. I wouldn't recommend the same method to anyone else, but it has been effective. :neutral:

Do you have a couple of meals that you eat regularly? Same breakfast, same range of lunches, etc? Maybe you can start by adding those into MFP as meals, so that a couple times a day all you have to do is select the meal to track, rather than select the separate items.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    exercised, tracked, under calories....tick tick tick

weigh in day tomorrow...always nervous lol

Eagerly awaiting your news, @littleflutterby ! And no matter, if you've exercised, tracked, and are under calories, you will see the changes you're looking for eventually. Keep it up!
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! Today I'm looking for a weigh-in from:

@littleflutterby

Also, please let me know if I missed weigh-ins from:
    @jaygirl3
    @cheeso1
    @Clarkski262
    @eevang -- back to school got you busy? Hope to hear from you soon!
    @Metubal -- hope you get to enjoy that deck soon! :smile:
    @mycocoabubbles
    @sophiegreeny

• baby_carrit
    baby_carrit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok so..
    9/2
    Ran 2 miles
    Tracked-yesish
    Under calories-possibly not... boyfriend wanted to go out for wings for dinner

9/3
    Walked 2 miles and lower body weights
    Trackes-yes
    Under calories-yes
  • ladylin77
    ladylin77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    September 3
    Exercised Yes
    Tracked Yes
    Calories. Yes
  • baby_carrit
    baby_carrit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Littleflutterby
    Week 1
    Start Weight: 351.6
    Current weight 345.4
    -6.2 :)

Holy crap!!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    September 4
    Exercised?: Yes. 5.8km in 45 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Buy work day at home today (again). Did get to fly indoors again tonight.

As of 2 days ago, my wife has stopped taking insulin. Her blood sugar readings have been so low that insulin is causing no benefit, in fact could be a danger as readings were borderline hypo. She is monitoring blood sugar closely and will resume if required. Even without the insulin her blood sugar readings have remained in the "normal" range. Fingers crossed that the permanent change in diet may mean that she may never need to take it again.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 04 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Still feeling the aftermath of yesterday. Good time for a reset. Protein shake for breakfast/lunch and will see how I feel later.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Interesting article I read this morning: https://vox.com/2018/9/4/17486110/metabolism-diet-fast-weight-loss

Since I've joined Gutbusters, I've come to feel that in order to succeed at weight loss, you have to treat yourself like a personal science project, observing what you eat, how you exercise, how you feel after eating or activity, and how much you lose as a result. This article kind of reinforces that message, as seen here:

"Yet the truth of the metabolic chamber is that there’s a lot of variation in how people respond to diets and exercises, and so far, no single approach has worked to help everybody. That’s why so much of the one-size-fits-all weight loss advice we’re steeped in is so frustrating and futile for so many."

My takeaway is: if you feel like you're struggling, step back from yourself and try to look at yourself as an outsider, taking notes on what you're doing, how you're feeling, and what your results are. Somewhere in there you'll figure out how to make some changes that will work for you.
  • pilpolf
    pilpolf Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    04/09
    Exercise no - rest day
    Tracked yes
    Cals yes

Actually feeling less bloated and my belt has gone down 2 notches despite being totm. I usually put on about 6-7lbs in bloat so I just need to stick with it and probably ignore next week’s weigh in.
  • Bendiz_
    Bendiz_ Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    September 4
    Exercised?: Yes. 5.8km in 45 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Buy work day at home today (again). Did get to fly indoors again tonight.

As of 2 days ago, my wife has stopped taking insulin. Her blood sugar readings have been so low that insulin is causing no benefit, in fact could be a danger as readings were borderline hypo. She is monitoring blood sugar closely and will resume if required. Even without the insulin her blood sugar readings have remained in the "normal" range. Fingers crossed that the permanent change in diet may mean that she may never need to take it again.

Daily Strength challenge

Challenge for September 04 is sit-ups or crunches (abs day - be sure to use a mat or towel for cushioning - )

2 sets
    • First set till the point where you can do no more, wait 2 mins
    • Second set of 50% of the number you did in the first set (half)

The reason for only 2 sets for this exercise is that it ideally should be balanced with back strengthening exercises (which plank variants provide).

That is amazing! Hella good job. Warms my heart to hear that she doesn't need insulin. Wish her good luck from a fellow diabetic :smiley:
  • Be_Lively
    Be_Lively Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was actually weighing in at 220 on Friday, which would've been a 4 lb loss but then I over ate Saturday and Sunday, so a 2 lb loss is what I had yesterday. That's okay though, I am back on track this week. That's why I make my weigh ins on Monday so I can hold myself accountable over the weekend. Didn't quite work obviously, but nothing devastating!
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Username: craigo3154
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: (63.4kg) 139.8
    Todays Weight: (63.5kg) 140.0

Slowly going up, but still in the right range. Still too many late nights. Sleep is important for weight/health management.

My BMI is currently 20.7. Remember, BMI 22 is middle of normal range. BMI 25-30 is overweight. BMI 30 or greater is obese.

As coach, not competitor, I am not required to weigh-in. However, as I like to set a good example. I weigh daily, but I only really take note of my 7 day average.
  • craigo3154
    Options
    Be_Lively wrote: »
    I was actually weighing in at 220 on Friday, which would've been a 4 lb loss but then I over ate Saturday and Sunday, so a 2 lb loss is what I had yesterday. That's okay though, I am back on track this week. That's why I make my weigh ins on Monday so I can hold myself accountable over the weekend. Didn't quite work obviously, but nothing devastating!

@Be_Lively. Not a problem. Weight management is a marathon, not a sprint. As long as your "average" is in the right direction, you will see the results you want.

The purpose of the challenge is to reset the food auto-pilot so that you do not habitually over-eat (or at least recognise when you do). Showing that you KNEW you over-ate on the weekend, AND acknowledged it, is 1st and most important step in successful weight management.

You can do this.
This discussion has been closed.