Options
    txmaryk99 wrote: »
    user name txmaryk99
    September week one weigh in
    Weigh in day Monday
    Last week 238
    This week 237.6

A work in progress

You didn't gain after the busy long weekend....you posted a loss instead! Well done!!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    kc9agz wrote: »
    Hi all - sorry for being late posting this. I am Tee - a mom to 3 teen girls (17, 15, 13) and have my first senior this year and finding there is a lot to learn - lol! I am 51, married for 20 years and work in a school kitchen. This is my first time trying one of these and am hoping the accountability can help me get back on track since school started. I have yet to figure out timing on workouts during the week as this year I am totally exhausted when I get home.

Welcome, Tee!! Yes, figuring out when to insert a workout into your daily schedule is what I am struggling with as well (among other things). Hope you find the winning formula!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Tue 9/4
    logged: yes
    calories: yes
    exercise: yes, hour at the gym. Weights and treadmill

Sun: no
    Mon: no
    Tue: yes

I am in an unmotivated funk. Not being able to workout out for 10 days and then the holiday weekend where I ate what I wanted ... it was really hard to get to the gym and not eat everything today. But I did it. Hopefully that gets the ball rolling ...
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    September 4th

Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes-- 40 min walk and 20 min paddle board session
  • DoingItForMySon
    DoingItForMySon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If its 9kay i wont be doing the mini challenge this month only because i am in the process of moving and my so has alor of appointments this month since he was born so early. I will still do weigh in and do my best to lose for the team
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tracked and under
    Zumba and 13k total steps
    Lots of water today!
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Sept 4
    Track yes
    Under calorie target
    Exercise hit my target of 20,000
    Lost my day game, need one more win or a rain out to win the league championship.
    Won the Championship game in my pm game
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Sept 4

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 120 min of endurance challenges

Sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Mini Challenge
    Tue 9/4
    exercise: yes, hour at the gym. Weights and treadmill

I am in an unmotivated funk. Not being able to workout out for 10 days and then the holiday weekend where I ate what I wanted ... it was really hard to get to the gym and not eat everything today. But I did it. Hopefully that gets the ball rolling ...

I commend you for pushing through today....even though every bone in your body and every thought in your head was against you! I know how impossibly difficult this is!! I'd say you got the ball rolling and how!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    If its 9kay i wont be doing the mini challenge this month only because i am in the process of moving and my so has alor of appointments this month since he was born so early. I will still do weigh in and do my best to lose for the team

The Mini Challenge is just a tool in the tool box. Do what's right for you right now; maybe it will be a better fit for you in the future.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »

Just keep at it @erikNJ
    Whenever I find myself in a funk I reduce what I consider a "win" into something minuscule and almost impossible to fail at. Then, when I get the ball rolling, as you did, things get easier and my "wins" get a little bigger. It feels good to get a winning streak going, so set the odds in your favor so you can win for awhile.

Here's a list of some real life examples of what I consider a "win" when I'm rocking it vs. in a funk:
    1) Exercise
    --- Rocking it ----
    20 minutes of HIIT, 30-45 minutes resistance training
    --- Funk ----
    put my car in park outside the gym (This was literally my goal when I first got back into working out. The gym and working out was scary, so I read my kindle in the parking lot for 20 minutes and went home, then got to mark off on my calendar that I went to the gym :)

2) Food
    --- Rocking it ---
    Stay under calories, macros good, no added sugar, blah blah blah perfect amazing awesome
    --- Funk ---
    1 1/2 slices of cake (because it's not 2, and that was pretty awesome of me)

Keep that ball rolling! :smiley:

Love this, Mike! Thanks for sharing. I need to do this....break it down into really small wins, so I can get a win and a streak going!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Tuesday Sept 4
    Track yes
    Under calorie target
    Exercise hit my target of 20,000
    Lost my day game, need one more win or a rain out to win the league championship.
    Won the Championship game in my pm game

Congrats on your championship win!!
  • erikNJ
    Options
    mikea2g wrote: »

Just keep at it @erikNJ
    Whenever I find myself in a funk I reduce what I consider a "win" into something minuscule and almost impossible to fail at. Then, when I get the ball rolling, as you did, things get easier and my "wins" get a little bigger. It feels good to get a winning streak going, so set the odds in your favor so you can win for awhile.

Here's a list of some real life examples of what I consider a "win" when I'm rocking it vs. in a funk:
    1) Exercise
    --- Rocking it ----
    20 minutes of HIIT, 30-45 minutes resistance training
    --- Funk ----
    put my car in park outside the gym (This was literally my goal when I first got back into working out. The gym and working out was scary, so I read my kindle in the parking lot for 20 minutes and went home, then got to mark off on my calendar that I went to the gym :)

2) Food
    --- Rocking it ---
    Stay under calories, macros good, no added sugar, blah blah blah perfect amazing awesome
    --- Funk ---
    1 1/2 slices of cake (because it's not 2, and that was pretty awesome of me)

Keep that ball rolling! :smiley:

Thanks for the positivity! Seems you and I are alike. In general I try to shoot for some small goal even if i’m not rocking it.
    Also, I have come too far in these 8 months to give up. Just gotta fight through the tough moments sometimes.
  • miroller
    miroller Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Wednesday
    Current: 182.6
    Last week: same
    So far, one week of eating really low sugar, low-carb. Though we went camping last weekend and I indulged in the s'mores. Yum.
  • erikNJ
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Mini Challenge
    Wed 9/5
    exercise: yes, 45 mins elliptical and treadmill

Wed: yes
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sept 4
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation 60 min aqua tone
    Steps: 3260
    Water 88 oz
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    September 5th

Calories: Logged
    Calories: No, over ( by ~380)
    Exercise: Walk, 40 minutes

Today was hard, all around. I had a very large dinner out. I was very unmovitated and sluggish during the walk.

Speaking of “little wins” I guess I should be thinking that I only went over my calories by 380 (I’ve had larger cal deficits the past two days to help me with that) and I did go out for a walk.
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    September 5 Wednesday
    Track yes
    Under target
    Exercise, rest day.
    I was hired at my previous job as a manager of two tax stores today. It’s a major stressor for me.
    Game in my day league first thing tomorrow. We are in first place but our pitcher got hurt and we got crushed last game. We have to more games with the second place team so we could blow it if we get beat both games. A win or a rain out will give us the season championship.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Good luck @Robandy12345

September 5

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 90 min of endurance

Sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes

I'm so sore today, really worked my body. Just going to relax the rest of the night
This discussion has been closed.