TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (September)

Options

Replies

• Iwilldothis4myself
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to respond, it makes me feel like I'm not alone and that it is possible to just take it one meal at at time. I really liked that @HASWLRS that is awesome. I am going to log what I am eating that day and just eat what I log whenever I am hungry. Maybe if I don't have the pressure of picking each meal and snack I can do well. I will not stray from the food I allow myself that day. I'm going to see if that works that way I am not obsessing about food all day long.
  • Coheednkimbria
    Coheednkimbria Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    9/4:
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise-yes 45 min walk at lunch

9/5:
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise-yes 25 min walk at lunch

9/6:
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-no, but only over by 70 cal
    Exercise-no

9/7:
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise-no

Ok no more eating tonight! This will be the first Friday night in a while I won’t be “celebrating” (aka an excuse to eat everything in my fridge!)
  • Livingfit1972
    Livingfit1972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry I didn’t participate in the mini challenge this week. In all honesty my logging of food was less than stellar this week. Next week I will be in for the mini challenge though.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    mikea2g wrote: »
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting big boy weight: 309
    Previous Week's weight: 290
    Today's Weight: 289

Other than my cheat day spectacular on Monday, I ate within calories and my exercise was 1 hour at the gym and 4 1/2 hours working on my property. Since I'm in Florida I think this exercise should be called "lifting weights in a sauna", instead of yard work. :) According to those lovely ladies "science and math", I should have lost approx. 3 pounds, but I'll take the 1 pound win and hopefully roll it into a 2 pounder for next week!

Great attitude....take the one pound and run with it, and try to add more next week!! As an added bonus, you are into the 80's!!

Can I ask what you do for a living? Does it involve writing of any kind? You are very descriptive!!

Totally excited to be in the 80's!! I get to wear neon colors and parachute pants :smiley: Can't wait until I find myself in the 70's, and then the 60's, oh my! It would be fun to do weight loss picture updates in the styles of the decades my weight is in. Then it will look like I gained weight over a long life(where I didn't age at all :)
    Regarding work, I do a lot of writing. I have a small business where I create and sell online continuing education courses for massage therapists. So a lot of course writing and article writing for the site.
  • kidkees
    kidkees Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tracked and under
    39 active minutes and it’s time to get out for a long walk.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,999 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry I didn’t participate in the mini challenge this week. In all honesty my logging of food was less than stellar this week. Next week I will be in for the mini challenge though.

Jump on board at any time!!! Some days or weeks it works for us, some others, not so much!!
  • HASWLRS
    edited September 2018
    Options
    9/4:
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise-yes 45 min walk at lunch

9/5:
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise-yes 25 min walk at lunch

9/6:
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-no, but only over by 70 cal
    Exercise-no

9/7:
    Tracking-yes
    Calories-yes
    Exercise-no

Ok no more eating tonight! This will be the first Friday night in a while I won’t be “celebrating” (aka an excuse to eat everything in my fridge!)

Great week, Kim!!! Step away from the kitchen....nothing to celebrate here!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Username: mikea2g
    Starting big boy weight: 309
    Previous Week's weight: 290
    Today's Weight: 289

Other than my cheat day spectacular on Monday, I ate within calories and my exercise was 1 hour at the gym and 4 1/2 hours working on my property. Since I'm in Florida I think this exercise should be called "lifting weights in a sauna", instead of yard work. :) According to those lovely ladies "science and math", I should have lost approx. 3 pounds, but I'll take the 1 pound win and hopefully roll it into a 2 pounder for next week!

Great attitude....take the one pound and run with it, and try to add more next week!! As an added bonus, you are into the 80's!!

Can I ask what you do for a living? Does it involve writing of any kind? You are very descriptive!!

Totally excited to be in the 80's!! I get to wear neon colors and parachute pants :smiley: Can't wait until I find myself in the 70's, and then the 60's, oh my! It would be fun to do weight loss picture updates in the styles of the decades my weight is in. Then it will look like I gained weight over a long life(where I didn't age at all :)
    Regarding work, I do a lot of writing. I have a small business where I create and sell online continuing education courses for massage therapists. So a lot of course writing and article writing for the site.

Oh, you've got a quick wit!! I actually went to high school and university in the 80's, so I got to experience the full effect of the decade!!!
  • mickey10111
    mickey10111 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    September 7th Mini Challenge

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minutes of walking
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    September 7, Friday
    Tracking Yes
    Under target
    Exercise 13,000 steps
    Ate poorly today but still under target. Weigh in wasn’t good today but I am still in onederland. Hopefully there won’t be a rain out tomorrow morning.
    Peace
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    September 7, Friday
    Tracking Yes
    Under yes
    Exercise 13,000
  • DoingItForMySon
    DoingItForMySon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Last weeks weight: 228.6
    This weeks weight: 228.4

Only a little loss but still in the right direction.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Last weeks weight: 228.6
    This weeks weight: 228.4

Only a little loss but still in the right direction.

Absolutely in the right direction!! The first week of the challenge is under your belt and you have a loss to show for it!! Keep it going!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    September 7

Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 30 min endurance and walking. Not one of my most active days but the fact I worked out when I wasn't in the mood is a win!

Sunday yes
    Monday no
    Tuesday yes
    Wednesday yes
    Thursday yes
    Friday yes
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Name abowersgirl
    Week 1
    Previous weight 160.2
    Today's weight 159.6

Had a plateau all week (I weigh myself everyday) so I was so worried about the weight in. But I am so happy I finally pushed that .6. Was getting tired of seeing those 60s
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Sept 7
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 60 min yoga & meditation 20 min recumbent bike, 20 min swimming pool jogging & exercise
    Steps: 4890
    Water 88 oz
  • kc9agz
    kc9agz Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    username: kc9agz
    Sept week 1 weigh in
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Last week: 135
    This week: 133.6

Not sure how I lost anything but definitely gonna take it. Sucked at logging, but overall didn't eat too badly, tho still have not exercised since hurting my back in July and going on vacation right after. I do manage to get at least my 10k steps in each day at work running around like a mad woman every day. Last year we had 6 of us serving and cleaning up at the end of the day - this year we are basically down to 4. No wonder I am always so tired when I get home - getting too old for this - LOL!!!!
This discussion has been closed.