September 2018 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci: I am sorry to hear about your accident but glad you did not break anything. Take it easy like the dr. Said.
    Lisah8969 wrote: »

OMG @Just_Ceci - Take it easy and hope the road rash isn't too terrible!!

Thanks!

My helmet did its job- cracked in 2 places!

s8d5myauiu0z.jpg
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,316 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@JUST_CECI - Glad you are okay and that your helmet did its job!! Hope the recovery is minimal. :smile:

@CPANUS - Hope your heel feels better soon too! :smile:

Dave
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    9/4 - 1.83 miles
    9/5 - 5 miles
    9/6 - 4.95 miles
    9/7 - 1.79 miles
    9/8 - 9.89 miles
    9/9 - 4.52 miles

27.98 / 80

kjiym5.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    9/10
    23.30 miles
    238.24 miles MTD
  • joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    September 1 - Rest Day
    September 2 - 13 km Club Run
    September 3 - 23 km run
    September 4 - 23 km run
    September 5 - rest day
    September 6 - 10 km Hill Repeats
    September 7 - 14 km run
    September 8 - rest day
    September 9 - 5 km club run
    September 10 - rest day
    September 11 - rest day - Tapering

88 km / 140 km goal

Have a half marathon on September 16th so will be tapering the week before.

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Adding 2.5 miles and 70 burpees. Boot Camp consisted of four groups, each drawing from a deck of cards, number and suit would tell you which exercise to do and how many reps, and any time any group pulled a joker, all groups had to stop and do ten burpees. We found 7 out of 8 jokers.

exercise.png

• clp212
    Options
    9/4 - 1.83 miles
    9/5 - 5 miles
    9/6 - 4.95 miles
    9/7 - 1.79 miles
    9/8 - 9.89 miles
    9/9 - 4.52 miles
    9/10 - 1.5 miles

29.48 / 80

7gTjm5.png
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    5 miles done
    15 miles total

35miles left towards
    50 mile September goal
    Thanks!!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,316 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

@KAR328 - That sounds like quite the workout!! :flushed:

I'm staying on my exercise plan for this month so far. Next week (Mon-Fri) I'll miss a few days because I'll be on a motorcycle trip around Lake Michigan with my son and won't have a lot of room to pack workout clothes, but I'll try to get some walking in.

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    clepant wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci: I am sorry to hear about your accident but glad you did not break anything. Take it easy like the dr. Said.
    Lisah8969 wrote: »

OMG @Just_Ceci - Take it easy and hope the road rash isn't too terrible!!

Thanks!

My helmet did its job- cracked in 2 places!

s8d5myauiu0z.jpg

Sorry to hear about your wrecky. Your helmet did its job. Hope everything heals up good.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    09/08 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    09/09 - 23.0 miles cycling
    09/10 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    09/11 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 210.0 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sept. 10 and 11: Adding 20 miles to make up for all the rain the past two days. Walking the dog, a run and lots of cycling.
    TTD:120 miles

exercise.png

@djmichaels:I can hear your grandson making those animal sounds in my head. So precious.
    @Just_Ceci:Thank goodness the folks on here wear helmets when they ride. Better a broken helmet then a permenant head injury. I think I may have shared this story. I had a father and his kids riding around our school campus on bikes. His kids had helmets on and he did not. His daughter slammed on her brakes in front of him and he tried to avoid crashing into her and went over his handle bars and hit his head. I was still at school coaching and they brought in a copper to rush him out. He died after months of hospitalization. It was tragic. I am just so glad that you are okay.

Here is to all those men and women who lost their lives so many years ago on this tragic day. To all the rescuers and first responders. Those who lost lives and those who lost their lives later on due to cancer and other diseases. To the therapy dogs who responded. To the families who lost their loved ones. May we never forget that day and may we always be vigilant and never be drawn in a false sense of security again.
    My husband to whom I was dating back then, was to be on a path train that day to go to a building in the World Trades plaza. He would have come in under the World Trade building that morning. At the last minute, his boss called a meeting of all the national labor reps in NY, New Jersey and Connecticut. I know my husband being a volunteer fireman would have been in there helping out instead of fleeing. God intervened.

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @ Just_Ceci: so glad you are ok!! I don't wear a helmet & this is a great reminder to get one!
    I ditto clepant words about 9/11! God is good isn't he?
    I've been so busy with the living room paint job & helping the carpenter who worked on our house last summer do his finish up work on our church yesterday & today. Although I've been moving my tail it hasn't been to much in mileage form. Since Friday its only been 7 miles on foot. Yay tomorrow is my final day of the 30 Day Squats, Lunges, Sit-Ups & Push- Ups Challenge. This evening I walked 1/4 mile & did 39 lunges on each leg, walked 1/4 mile & did 20 side squats on each leg, 1/2 mile later I dropped to the gravel & DID 39 full body push ups without stopping & then finished my 5 mile walk with my fur baby. After I got home did my 39 sit-ups! Must say I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    10th Sept walked 6.15 miles
    11th Sept walked 4.34 miles

Total walked to date 57.51
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Commuted in to work tonight. Six hours of sleep felt delicious! I still feel like I could use some more. Let's start the month with 7 miles for 7 out of 250.

@cpanus - That was a COLD wind this morning. I put pants on for the first time this season to commute home. It must have been even colder where you are.

Adding 15 miles for 22 out of 250.

Adding 15 miles for 37 out of 250.

Adding 10 miles for 47 out of 250.

Adding 11 miles for 57 out of 250.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    45.91 miles into a 50 mile ride, I crashed, earning a trip to the ER. Mild concussion, scrapes and bruises, nothing broken. Dr. says no bike for a week.

exercise.png

Yikes! I know I late commenting on this but I hope you're OK. Those concussions can leave you with headaches for an extended amount of time.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @djmichaels - I was laughing thinking of moo-oink and baa-oink. :smile:
  • clp212
    Options
    9/4 - 1.83 miles
    9/5 - 5 miles
    9/6 - 4.95 miles
    9/7 - 1.79 miles
    9/8 - 9.89 miles
    9/9 - 4.52 miles
    9/10 - 1.5 miles
    9/11 - 1.24 miles

30.72 / 80

RncAm5.png

I am really struggling this week to get my walking in! I have great intentions when I go to bed at night and then in the morning I just don't want to get up and go! It doesn't help that we are having rain right now...
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm feeling fine today. The headache only lasted one day. I'm following doctor's orders and staying off the bike for a week. Also not running. I took the bike to the shop yesterday and it checked out fine.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    75.32 miles so far

Picked up my repaired bike last night and hubby and I went for a 10-mile ride on the trail!

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.