Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    9/26
    23.14 miles
    571.02 miles MTD
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Sliding into, and landing face first on the goal line with 2.1 miles. Did some really slow treadmill running this morning. I tweaked my hip on Sunday and wanted to see how it would feel. I did a modified Boot Camp Monday, and we did arms in my trainer session yesterday. Feels good, except I also had a skin bump thingie removed from that same leg yesterday, and the two stitches on it are itching me!

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    09/22 - 24.0 miles cycling
    09/23 - 23.0 miles cycling
    09/24 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    09/25 - 25.0 miles cycling
    09/26 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 515.0 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dave for the prayers!
    Only got in 1 mile from walking today. A busy day. Only walked a mile with my dogs cuz I planned to do an hour of Tabata Class but my plans got changed around 5 pm when the branch broke that was holding the leaning ladder, me & a 5 gallon bucket of apples I was holding! While falling I rammed a branch along the front side of my forehead where that vein is. I got up fine but was GUSHING blood! DH says are you alright you are bleeding? I cupped my hand there & it was pouring out of my hand. DH says you better get to the house! After packing it with cold cloths over & over it finally subsided. While waiting DH went out & gathered up my bucket of apples along with the big tote we'd picked, (60# all together). He then cleaned my wound, shaved the hair away & butterfly bandaged me up. If I leaned my head forward it would start to bleed again so I was pretty my in my recliner the rest of the night! My back is out AGAIN & I just saw my chiro on Monday! I grumble but I'm thankful because I could have broken something or poked my eye out! Our youngest son said "Goodness mom, leave the tree climbing to the grandkids!)

exercise.png

• rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Updating my miles...adding 19 miles.

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Commuted in to work tonight. Six hours of sleep felt delicious! I still feel like I could use some more. Let's start the month with 7 miles for 7 out of 250.

@cpanus - That was a COLD wind this morning. I put pants on for the first time this season to commute home. It must have been even colder where you are.

Adding 15 miles for 22 out of 250.

Adding 15 miles for 37 out of 250.

Adding 10 miles for 47 out of 250.

Adding 11 miles for 57 out of 250.

Adding 7 miles for 64 out of 250.

Adding 14 miles for 78 out of 250.

adding 10 miles for 88 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 105 out of 250.

Adding 19 miles for 124 out of 250.

Adding 13 miles for 137 out of 250.

Adding 13 miles for 150 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 167 out of 250.

Adding 14 miles for 181 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 198 out of 250.

Adding 13 miles for 211 out of 250.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @vhuber - Wow! You're really lucky you didn't do more damage. Glad you're doing OK now. You should have gone to the ER but that's another lecture. After a fall like that, I'm not surprised your back is out. I'm surprised your not lying in a hospital bed with a broken hip or something. Good thing you exercise so your bones are stronger.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    @vhuber - holy cow! I'm glad you're ok.

I'm in the city and walked 4 miles yesterday all over town. Puts me at 68/75. Getting close now.
  • joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    September 1 - Rest Day
    September 2 - 13 km Club Run
    September 3 - 23 km run
    September 4 - 23 km run
    September 5 - rest day
    September 6 - 10 km Hill Repeats
    September 7 - 14 km run
    September 8 - rest day
    September 9 - 5 km club run
    September 10 - rest day
    September 11 - rest day - Tapering
    September 12 - 10 km run
    September 13 - Rest day
    September 14 - 5km run
    September 15 - Rest Day
    September 16 - 21.1 City To Bay Half Marathon
    September 17 - Holidays
    September 18 -Rest Day
    September 19 - Rest Day
    September 20 - 5 km run
    September 21 - Rest Day
    September 22 - Rest Day
    September 23 - Holidays
    September 24 - Holidays
    September 25 - Holidays
    September 26 - Holidays
    September 27 - Holidays
    September 28 - Holidays

134 km / 140 km goal.
  • clp212
    clp212 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am very frustrated with myself. I am behind and will probably not make my goal. I am still going to try. I am dealing with depression and stress. 2 of my 3 children and their spouses are going through difficult times in their lives. My son is an alcoholic. He recently admitted that he is an alcoholic for the first time. His wife is expecting their first baby. It is scary and exciting both for her and for me and my husband. He is going to AA every night but we are still worried that he will do something that will cost him his job and/or harm him or someone else. We just pray over him that God will give him strength. My daughter and her husband are expecting in January. We found out about a month ago that the baby has a severe/lethal form of skeletal dypslasia. If he is not stillborn, he will not live very long. She has already had a child stillborn due to an abruption. Burying my grandchild was probably one of the hardest things that I have ever gone through. Now, we will do it again...

I know that getting out and walking makes me feel so much better but I am really in a funk right now. I had intentions of getting up this morning but it was raining and the forecast says that it will rain all weekend. I am either going to have to go out in the rain or not make my goal. Plus, I am registered for a 10k on November 3 and a half marathon on December 2. If I don't get with it, I will have a DNF after my name and I really do not want that. I really want to finish!

I am sorry for the long post. I just need to vent. Thank you for letting me do that here.
    -Cynthia

9/4 - 1.83 miles
    9/5 - 5 miles
    9/6 - 4.95 miles
    9/7 - 1.79 miles
    9/8 - 9.89 miles
    9/9 - 4.52 miles
    9/10 - 1.5 miles
    9/11 - 1.24 miles
    9/12 - 1.68 miles
    9/13 - 1.82 miles
    9/14 - 1.42 miles
    9/15 - 1.53 miles
    9/16 - 1.51 miles
    9/17 - 4.88 miles
    9/18 - 5.28 miles
    9/19 - 5.83 miles
    9/20 - 1.13 miles
    9/21 - 1.82 miles
    9/22 - 1.56 miles
    9/23 - 1.48 miles
    9/24 - 1.31miles
    9/25 - 1.06 miles
    9/26 - 1.1 miles

64.13 / 80

q16Ym5.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    9/27
    27.27 miles
    598.29 miles MTD
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @clp212 - I can't imagine what you are going through. I'm not even going to pretend to understand. You do have my sympathy and my support. Having a child with self destructive behavior is terrible! That must be the most stressful thing a parent can go through. Add to that the stress of a pregnancy that is going wrong and I'm surprised you're not becoming homicidal. I can relate to the funk leading to not doing what you know will relieve stress. I have two autistic kids and a daughter with anxiety disorder. Nothing like what you are going through but I can relate to the funk. Hang in there. Keep us posted.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Commuted in to work tonight. Six hours of sleep felt delicious! I still feel like I could use some more. Let's start the month with 7 miles for 7 out of 250.

@cpanus - That was a COLD wind this morning. I put pants on for the first time this season to commute home. It must have been even colder where you are.

Adding 15 miles for 22 out of 250.

Adding 15 miles for 37 out of 250.

Adding 10 miles for 47 out of 250.

Adding 11 miles for 57 out of 250.

Adding 7 miles for 64 out of 250.

Adding 14 miles for 78 out of 250.

adding 10 miles for 88 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 105 out of 250.

Adding 19 miles for 124 out of 250.

Adding 13 miles for 137 out of 250.

Adding 13 miles for 150 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 167 out of 250.

Adding 14 miles for 181 out of 250.

Adding 17 miles for 198 out of 250.

Adding 13 miles for 211 out of 250.

Adding 10 miles for 221 out of 250.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,316 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Woohoo! Way to GOAL, @KAR328! :star:

@VHUBER - OMG!! That sounded serious and yes, I agree with Dean that a trip to an ER or Urgent Care might've been advisable, but I get it. If you can take care of it at home, why not save the $200-600 expense. But it sounds like it could've been quite serious if you wouldn't have been able to stop the bleeding... Hope you're doing okay now!

@CLP212 - My heart goes out to you as well. That has to be extraordinarily stressful watching your kids go through that. I can't even imagine either! You (and anyone else) are always welcome to share and vent and say whatever you need to and we will listen. :flowerforyou:

I had to go to a different location of my gym today to find one that had both a recumbent stationary bike that I like and a hot tub. The one I normally go to is only about 50% open because they are doing some major renovation to pretty it up and the entire pool area is closed while they re-tile all of the decking and many areas of the workout floor are roped off for safety while they tear down walls, put new walls up, build new rooms, install new railings, etc.. But happy to get a bonus 8 miles of biking in today! Having a good mileage month for a change.

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    clp212: Please feel free to vent. We not only move for our physical health but for our mental health. I cannot say I have been in your shoes but many of us who have raised children have experienced difficult hardships with our children. We sure do bleed for them. The good news with your son is that he has recognized that he has a problem and he is taking steps to address it. There may be bumps along the way but he is taking those most important steps. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

No words can express what your daughter, son and you are experiencing. I will most definitely keep all of you in prayer. I say forget about the races. There will be other races. I have had to DNF for races. I am to do one Sunday and in November. I doubt I will do the November one at this point. More importantly, get out and get some run or walk time for you. I came off of my hubby’s surgery, two failing dogs and the caregiving for my dad and I was feeling some depression but I turned it over to God and I am getting out every day for whatever time I can. I do it in little chunks here and there and It has helped immensely.

Vhuber: WOW....I am so glad you are okay. Like Dean said, I think you should be checked out and get stitches. Head wounds bleed like all heck because of the skin being so taunt and are often difficult to stop even with butterflies. I too will keep you in prayer too and for your son. As you probably already know, there is only so much we can do but we have a God that can do it all. Keep trusting in him and giving it over to Him.

Kar:I am glad your hip is feeling better. Smart to take it slow.
    Sept. 2:11 miles of walking 6 and cycling 5 on x bike.
    Sept. 27: Okay...only 6 miles walking today. I spent most of it at medical appointments for me, my poor lame pup and for my dad.
    TTD: 265.5 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    09/22 - 24.0 miles cycling
    09/23 - 23.0 miles cycling
    09/24 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    09/25 - 25.0 miles cycling
    09/26 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    09/27 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 538.0 miles

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    clp212 wrote: »
    I am very frustrated with myself. I am behind and will probably not make my goal. I am still going to try. I am dealing with depression and stress. 2 of my 3 children and their spouses are going through difficult times in their lives. My son is an alcoholic. He recently admitted that he is an alcoholic for the first time. His wife is expecting their first baby. It is scary and exciting both for her and for me and my husband. He is going to AA every night but we are still worried that he will do something that will cost him his job and/or harm him or someone else. We just pray over him that God will give him strength. My daughter and her husband are expecting in January. We found out about a month ago that the baby has a severe/lethal form of skeletal dypslasia. If he is not stillborn, he will not live very long. She has already had a child stillborn due to an abruption. Burying my grandchild was probably one of the hardest things that I have ever gone through. Now, we will do it again...

I know that getting out and walking makes me feel so much better but I am really in a funk right now. I had intentions of getting up this morning but it was raining and the forecast says that it will rain all weekend. I am either going to have to go out in the rain or not make my goal. Plus, I am registered for a 10k on November 3 and a half marathon on December 2. If I don't get with it, I will have a DNF after my name and I really do not want that. I really want to finish!

I am sorry for the long post. I just need to vent. Thank you for letting me do that here.
    -Cynthia

9/4 - 1.83 miles
    9/5 - 5 miles
    9/6 - 4.95 miles
    9/7 - 1.79 miles
    9/8 - 9.89 miles
    9/9 - 4.52 miles
    9/10 - 1.5 miles
    9/11 - 1.24 miles
    9/12 - 1.68 miles
    9/13 - 1.82 miles
    9/14 - 1.42 miles
    9/15 - 1.53 miles
    9/16 - 1.51 miles
    9/17 - 4.88 miles
    9/18 - 5.28 miles
    9/19 - 5.83 miles
    9/20 - 1.13 miles
    9/21 - 1.82 miles
    9/22 - 1.56 miles
    9/23 - 1.48 miles
    9/24 - 1.31miles
    9/25 - 1.06 miles
    9/26 - 1.1 miles

64.13 / 80

q16Ym5.png
    Vent away!!! That's what you need & we don't mind!! My heart goes out to you cuz I know what some of your pain is from & I too experience it! At least he's admitting he has a problem & is going to AA. But the baby situation has got to be about unbearable! Hugs to ALL of you!

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    24th Sept 6.52 miles walked
    25th Sept 5.82 miles walked
    26th Sept 5.65 miles walked
    27th Sept 6.7 miles walked

Total miles walked to date 155.37

@vhuber so sorry to hear about your mum. It is tough when parents get older. They can become difficult maybe through pain or maybe through just getting cranky as they get older which makes it difficult for us to battle through. She is at peace now and you will find peace too.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    5 miles done
    45 total

5 miles left towards
    50 mile September goal
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    9/28
    21.15 miles
    619.44 miles MTD
    I am so very proud to be apart of this wonderful supportive group... Time and time again.... Whenever someone is in pain or just needs some support... This team jumps right in with supportive and loving word of encouragement ..... I have been the receiver of a couple times .... It did help me get through the day ..... Thank you to each and everyone of you for your kind hearts....

**** dear clp212 ... You are in my prayers ... :'(
This discussion has been closed.