TEAM: Run Track Minds (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Run Track Minds and Welcome to October!!

My name is Tracy @tlgale I will be your captain for this month.

A little about myself...I started my weight loss journey back in December and am now about 50lbs lighter! But I still have a long way to go, about 85lbs. I have a nearly 4 year old son with spastic quad CP and his different abilities and needs are my main motivation for wanting to get the weight off. As he grows and gets heavier, I need to shrink and get stronger, lol.
    For October my goals are to get back into the gym, and to have less cheat days. I was trying to have 1 a week but it always ended up being 2-3.

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month as well.

We are going to be running a (Optional) Mini-Challenge this month: Daily Posts/Ultimate Accountability

First and foremost is that participation in the challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "winners circle". This is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    It is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals or Day: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your weekly weigh in posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier to track.

Welcome to October! Let's make it a great month!!
  • youngdumbkid
    youngdumbkid Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey! Goal is to lose at least 1lb/week and to track for all of October even the bad days
  • tlgale
    Options
    Hey! Goal is to lose at least 1lb/week and to track for all of October even the bad days

@youngdumbkid Welcome to the team!! Both are very great goals.
  • kellyjellyjeanbean
    Options
    I still have a few more days to finish September strong but thought I would pop over here and check in to show my commitment to continuing in October :)
  • hmhuff
    hmhuff Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge I have participated in. I have struggled with yo-yo dieting and being active, and my weight gain within the past year has been crazy. Hoping that being in this group makes myself become accountable for my actions so I can start to see some changes! Excited to start this with you all!
  • tlgale
    Options
    hmhuff wrote: »
    This is my first challenge I have participated in. I have struggled with yo-yo dieting and being active, and my weight gain within the past year has been crazy. Hoping that being in this group makes myself become accountable for my actions so I can start to see some changes! Excited to start this with you all!

@hmhuff Welcome to the group :)
  • MekaP97
    MekaP97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to join the October challenge. My monthly goal is to get back into a regular exercise routine and also make my breakfasts and lunches at home and bring to work. I actually started the exercise routine this week with doing 25-30 minute HIIT routines that I have found on youtube, I plan to do this 4-5 days per week. I need to grocery shop this weekend to get food in the house for meal prep.
    Overall I need to lose at least 100 pounds because right now I'm at 294 and I'm 5'6'. I'm going to just focus on regular exercise and clean eating though instead of the actual weight I need to lose as I think this will create a healthier lifestyle for me in the long run and the weight loss will be an added bonus :)
  • tlgale
    Options
    MekaP97 wrote: »
    I'm excited to join the October challenge. My monthly goal is to get back into a regular exercise routine and also make my breakfasts and lunches at home and bring to work. I actually started the exercise routine this week with doing 25-30 minute HIIT routines that I have found on youtube, I plan to do this 4-5 days per week. I need to grocery shop this weekend to get food in the house for meal prep.
    Overall I need to lose at least 100 pounds because right now I'm at 294 and I'm 5'6'. I'm going to just focus on regular exercise and clean eating though instead of the actual weight I need to lose as I think this will create a healthier lifestyle for me in the long run and the weight loss will be an added bonus :)

@MekaP97 Hi and welcome to the team!! I keep hearing of these HIIT exercises but haven't gotten on board yet, think I'll have to give it a try!
    I think not being totally dependent on the scale is a great idea...there are so many great NSV to be had. Measurements are also a fantastic way to track progress. I measure once a month, and it really helps me know there are changes going on, even if I'm not seeing them.
  • kerrymelissa1
    kerrymelissa1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Kerry and I'm new to this group. My goal is to lose 10 lbs. I have lost 50 lbs. and gained 10. My physical activity is Zumba and Bodypump classes. I try to stay on a 1200 calorie diet. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
  • chanmartin
    chanmartin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first challenge/group on here. Hoping this will serve as the motivation I need. Like many, weight has been a struggle for many years. My challenge is that I know what I need to do (watch eating habits and move more) but lack motivation to stick with it. I work full time, have two busy school age kids (grades 6 & 10), and have rheumatoid arthritis which zaps energy... looking forward to this - thank you all!
  • redrob1966
    redrob1966 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi, have been in this group for several months now and looking forward to a great month last wasnt brilliant. i am looking to get back on track if i can be as close to 250lbs this month that would be great. I ry to get 10k steps a day but i have been looking at mixing the training up a little will aim to get on each day to log i spend a lot of time in the car which isnt helpfull. i am looking at reducing calories down to between 1500 and 1800 this month and see how this helps with the training.

good luck to all new and team mates from previous months. :)
  • JLPadron86
    JLPadron86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is my second month on this team. I just weighed in for my last week of September. September I lost 8.8lbs. It's a good loss, but I really thought I would lose more. I'm excited for October and I hope I have some better #'s then September. I'm on a low carb diet and I have been keeping to that very good for a month, but now I really need to add in exercise regularly. My goal is 140, by next summer. My starting weight for October is 218.2. Let's do this run track minds. My originally goal was to make to onederland, but honestly I dont know of it's going to happen in October, but if it doesn't November for sure!!!
  • lemonsNlimes
    lemonsNlimes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This is my fist month in this challenge. A few years ago I used my fitness pal to lose about 60lbs. Over the past 2 years I've gained it all back plus some. My starting weight is 275lbs and my overall goal is 160lbs. I'm hoping to be down 25lbs by the end of the year.

Good luck everyone!
  • tlgale
    Options
    Welcome back @JLPadron86 @kellyjellyjeanbean @redrob1966 happy you are here again :smile:
  • tlgale
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Kerry and I'm new to this group. My goal is to lose 10 lbs. I have lost 50 lbs. and gained 10. My physical activity is Zumba and Bodypump classes. I try to stay on a 1200 calorie diet. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

@kerrymelissa1 Hi Kerry, Welcome to the team!
  • tlgale
    Options
    chanmartin wrote: »
    Hi! This is my first challenge/group on here. Hoping this will serve as the motivation I need. Like many, weight has been a struggle for many years. My challenge is that I know what I need to do (watch eating habits and move more) but lack motivation to stick with it. I work full time, have two busy school age kids (grades 6 & 10), and have rheumatoid arthritis which zaps energy... looking forward to this - thank you all!

@chanmartin Welcome to the team glad yo have you here. There are lots of great people and support here!
  • tlgale
    Options
    Hi all! This is my fist month in this challenge. A few years ago I used my fitness pal to lose about 60lbs. Over the past 2 years I've gained it all back plus some. My starting weight is 275lbs and my overall goal is 160lbs. I'm hoping to be down 25lbs by the end of the year.

Good luck everyone!

@lemonsNlimes Welcome aboard!! 25lbs over the next 3 month should be completely doable...great short term goal!
  • tlgale
    Options
    First day of October starts tomorrow, is everyone excited??!!! :smiley:
  • b_magill
    b_magill Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think I'd be more excited if I got any sleep last night. ;-) But yes, I'm excited!
This discussion has been closed.