Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Jogetsgains
    Oct Week 1 weigh in

So my weigh in just got woo'd. I am hoping whoever woo'd thinks that woo is supposed to mean something positive. There is some confusion on mfp as to whether it is a compliment or an insult.

I'ts been a topic of discussion for many months, and ultimately, it was decided that it's a good thing in here.
  • AB0215
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Good Morning Team and Welcome to October!

Today marks day 1 of the October challenge!

You'll start entering your weights in this thread beginning today, so for your Sunday weigh ins, that's today!

Let's start strong, we got this!!

Uh oh.... its already Monday for me. I'm a saturday weigh-in. I'm UTC+13 timezone so how can I make sure I weigh in in time?

And the intro:

Kia ora (means hi)
    I'm 37, mum of two teens, with a desk/driving job (not active)
    Kids are now big enough I can start my day at the gym and be home before they get up. Its been a bit intermittent and the gym makes me hungry! So somehow I managed to gain a kilo instead of losing it.

I've used MFP before with success, so I'm back and this time hanging with the community.

Nga mihi (means thanks)
    Zulu
    @unchainedzulu When I first started working out, I had the same issue, it did make me hungry, and your body will adjust! Hang in there, take it one day at a time!!

If your weigh in Saturday, you will post on Saturday Oct 6 as your Week 1 Weigh in. Since you're way ahead of us in timezone, if you're posting it on YOUR Saturday, it will be completely fine, it's before the end of the week, it doesn't matter really, just post it on your Saturday, I'll enter it because ultimately it's Saturday for you...does that make sense? It did to me, then I re-read it, changed it and now I'm not sure lol.
    Just post it on your Saturday, since you're ahead, it doesn't really matter....long story short, lol.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I'ts been a topic of discussion for many months, and ultimately, it was decided that it's a good thing in here.

Ok. Well in that case, wooooooo.

• AB0215
    edited September 2018
    Options

Ok. Well in that case, wooooooo.

@jogetsgains I should really post a disclaimer. Sorry about that!
    At any rate, congrats! That's a great loss this week!!
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thanks! I ate like heck last weekend on friday and saturday before I joined the challenge and weighed sunday morning. I hope to keep posting good numbers for the rest of the month, but without the unhealthy boost I had this time! 😅 3lbs a week is not my normal trend.
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ]
    @unchainedzulu When I first started working out, I had the same issue, it did make me hungry, and your body will adjust! Hang in there, take it one day at a time!!

If your weigh in Saturday, you will post on Saturday Oct 6 as your Week 1 Weigh in. Since you're way ahead of us in timezone, if you're posting it on YOUR Saturday, it will be completely fine, it's before the end of the week, it doesn't matter really, just post it on your Saturday, I'll enter it because ultimately it's Saturday for you...does that make sense? It did to me, then I re-read it, changed it and now I'm not sure lol.
    Just post it on your Saturday, since you're ahead, it doesn't really matter....long story short, lol.

Makes sense ish. Lol
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi All! So happy to be a part of the October Challenge!

Excited to see old teammates from the last September Challenge and newcomers as well! This is my 2nd time in the Challenge. It’s really kept up my energy and discipline. I just lost 40 lbs. I’m looking to widdle away at the last 10. I am going to work my bum off - (pun?) to lose 5-8 lbs of fat this month and gain more lean muscle.

About me- I’m from NYC, I’m a travelaholic who drinks too much coffee and I’m slightly addicted to SoulCycle. You’ll see many of of exercise posts with soul classes. I’m also doing a SoulCHALLENGE this month - so it’s a perfect marriage of the challenges! Yay!

The people that I’ve met in this challenge have been the best part- everyone has been kind, warm, inspirational and supportive. Happy to check in and chat everyday. Thanks Ashley for being our team captain!

• AB0215
    Options
    mg07030 wrote: »
    Hi All! So happy to be a part of the October Challenge!

Excited to see old teammates from the last September Challenge and newcomers as well! This is my 2nd time in the Challenge. It’s really kept up my energy and discipline. I just lost 40 lbs. I’m looking to widdle away at the last 10. I am going to work my bum off - (pun?) to lose 5-8 lbs of fat this month and gain more lean muscle.

About me- I’m from NYC, I’m a travelaholic who drinks too much coffee and I’m slightly addicted to SoulCycle. You’ll see many of of exercise posts with soul classes. I’m also doing a SoulCHALLENGE this month - so it’s a perfect marriage of the challenges! Yay!

The people that I’ve met in this challenge have been the best part- everyone has been kind, warm, inspirational and supportive. Happy to check in and chat everyday. Thanks Ashley for being our team captain!

@mg07030 Welcome back!! You're doing great, and great goals for October!!
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Brittany (aka Britt) and I am new to the monthly BLC, but have participated in the 9-week BLC challenge that ends today.

My goal is to loose at least 5 lbs. in October , increase water intake (I am horrible at drinking enough water 🤦) and workout 3 times per week minimum. Overall, I want to loose the baby weight I gained from my kiddos (both under 5yo) and continue to be consistent. My hubby and BLC have played big roles in providing motivation! 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦 I am not on any specific diet plan, but make sure I incorporate all macros in most meals.

Random stuff: I love all things fall, from costumes 🧛 to pumpkins 🎃, leaves changing🍂🍁🍃, and scary movies🧟🙈. Also thoroughly enjoy Weightlifting/kettlebelling, walks with my family, jogging, and yoga for fitness. Did I also mention my secret obsession with Pho and Boba Tea?🍜

I'm looking forward to meeting goals with all of you! Feel free to add me on MFP!

Username: Bm00re2u
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 134lbs.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Silverstar65
    Oct. Week 1
    Beg. 196
    End. 195

@silverstar65 Awesome start!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Brittany (aka Britt) and I am new to the monthly BLC, but have participated in the 9-week BLC challenge that ends today.

My goal is to loose at least 5 lbs. in October , increase water intake (I am horrible at drinking enough water 🤦) and workout 3 times per week minimum. Overall, I want to loose the baby weight I gained from my kiddos (both under 5yo) and continue to be consistent. My hubby and BLC have played big roles in providing motivation! 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦 I am not on any specific diet plan, but make sure I incorporate all macros in most meals.

Random stuff: I love all things fall, from costumes 🧛 to pumpkins 🎃, leaves changing🍂🍁🍃, and scary movies🧟🙈. Also thoroughly enjoy Weightlifting/kettlebelling, walks with my family, jogging, and yoga for fitness. Did I also mention my secret obsession with Pho and Boba Tea?🍜

I'm looking forward to meeting goals with all of you! Feel free to add me on MFP!

@Bm00re2u Great goals Brittany! Welcome to the team!

I LOVE Halloween, and fall, I do hate leaves with a passion though, I have so many trees in my yard and it takes me forever to clean up my yard when the leaves fall off the trees...I'm super excited this year (and just got my costume) to take my niece trick or treating (yep I dress up for that!) :smile:
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Jogetsgains
    Oct Week 1 weigh in

So my weigh in just got woo'd. I am hoping whoever woo'd thinks that woo is supposed to mean something positive. There is some confusion on mfp as to whether it is a compliment or an insult.

it was me and I meant it as a WHOOHOO!!! :):# Not at all a bad Woo :'(:o:/:s
  • Bm00re2u
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Bm00re2u wrote: »

@Bm00re2u Great goals Brittany! Welcome to the team!

I LOVE Halloween, and fall, I do hate leaves with a passion though, I have so many trees in my yard and it takes me forever to clean up my yard when the leaves fall off the trees...I'm super excited this year (and just got my costume) to take my niece trick or treating (yep I dress up for that!) :smile:

I agree, love leaves changing colors but hate the cleanup LOL!
    Nothing wrong with you dressing up. I think kiddos love it. We actually dressed up at my job last year "Asylum"-themed. I'm still deciding on costumes for my boys. Last year they were the Dynamic Duo: Batman and Robin!
  • AB0215
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Sept 30th
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Carbs no
    Exercise yes physical therapy
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Sunday, Sept. 30th

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes/Under
    Exercise: Yes, walking

• AB0215
    Options
    I'm pleased to announce we have a new thread that's open to all members!
    Feel free to chat with members of other teams, post congratulations, or really anything you want, just as long as it's positive.
    The thread can be found here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10698519/youre-welcome#latest

This came as a suggestion from our old friend @BEASTFIELD314

Feel free to pop on over and join the conversation...(it's optional, so don't feel obligated if you don't want to either :smile: )
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day (Sunday):
    @cmm5904
    @Jogetsgains (got yours, great job again)
    @mactigerr
    @Nikki_1130
    @Silverstar65 (got yours too, and also great job!)
  • AB0215
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:Nope, not today.

Comments: To our new members, this might not seem like a motivating start, but I took a much needed day of rest, one I haven't taken in over 4 weeks for sure, but if my memory serves me right, it's been 6 weeks. I've been more sore and fatigued than normal and I decided it's time to rest a bit.
    Tomorrow I'll start Week 3 of my training program and it's promising to be brutal. I won't have a single day of rest this week until Sunday and even then, I may not rest, I may still do calisthenics.

Anyways, hope you guys are out there crushing Sunday and I hope to hear about all your awesome days!
  • Bm00re2u
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes, under
    Exercise: Yes, walking very briefly. Sunday is usually my r&r day

Goals/Day: I stayed under my calorie max, drank 32 oz of water (need to drink more), took a short walk, ate a smoothie for lunch and had a rounded dinner. Kind of fasted and skipped breakfast, mostly because I woke up late LOL
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Jogetsgains
    Oct Week 1 weigh in

I take Woo as Whoo hoo! A good thing like hooray! I wish they had a laughing one too!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No, having back problem :/ Hoping I can make my AquaZumba class tomorrow and help work out the kinks!
This discussion has been closed.