TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - NO! - First time over in a looooong time. This was a planned maintenance day.
    Exercise - Nope. Had a doctors appt, then was sitting almost all day while doing school with my kids. But I went into today knowing that.

I am going to try and add in a maintenance day occasionally. I mentally needed a break from the calorie counting cycle for just a moment. But my allergy tests came back good. No obvious allergies. Thinks it could be something autoimmune causing the hives (I think someone mentioned something about that previously when I talked about my hives issue). But I am back at water aerobics class tomorrow morning at 10am, and will be continuing on with my lifestyle in my new normal.
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona
    Daily post Monday, 10/ 1
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes physical therapy and walking 20 min.
    Carbs no
    Started intermittent fasting again today 20 hrs window 3 hrs.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Daily post Monday

Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    ssssanaaaa wrote: »

Comments: Was a little naughty yesterday. The lady at the samples stand INSISTED that I have a donut hole lol. Was still good with calories though (both weekend days!). Weighed in this morning at 186.8 which is the same as yesterday so I'm glad it didn't go up! Also, really proud of myself. Have been making really good choices lately. My mom asked me to go get her a burger and get myself one as well. Looked up the calories, everything made me go over my calories so I just decided not to get anything at all. Big victory for me. I used to never let go of an opportunity. Also going to the gym today. Got really tired last time I went and did cardio so going to try not to take a break in the middle of the jog like last time. Really wanting to meet my 185 goal by the end of this week so planning on eating under calories tonight.
    @ssssanaaaa OMG those free sample people drive me bat crap crazy, like I very politely decline the first time....but after that, I'm much less nice..just saying. I think when you have a goal in mind, it's a lot easier to think about the things that won't get you there and pass them over, like passing on that burger! Awesome job!

LOL thank you! Yeah, she gave one to my little brother and then tried serving me and I told her no that's fine but she was SOO insistent and I didn't want to be rude so I just took the donut hole lol.
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Tracked - yes
    Calories - NO! - First time over in a looooong time. This was a planned maintenance day.
    Exercise - Nope. Had a doctors appt, then was sitting almost all day while doing school with my kids. But I went into today knowing that.

I am going to try and add in a maintenance day occasionally. I mentally needed a break from the calorie counting cycle for just a moment. But my allergy tests came back good. No obvious allergies. Thinks it could be something autoimmune causing the hives (I think someone mentioned something about that previously when I talked about my hives issue). But I am back at water aerobics class tomorrow morning at 10am, and will be continuing on with my lifestyle in my new normal.

Go buy a tester and check the water where you teach water aerobics. Low ph can cause skin irritations. When the ph is low, chlorine and other disinfectants make it possible for dangerous bacteria to survive. Most public pools have people that have no idea how to balance a pool nor care. I have my own pool and it's a full time job just to keep it balanced, clean and sparkling. I do swim laps at our community pool which is Olympic size, and I always check the water with my tester before I get in.

And also shower immediately, or as soon as possible after swimming.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

Switching my routine from 70% Cardio/30% Weight Training to 80% Weight Training/20% Cardio. Might not see immediate weight loss, but eventually the weight will come off quickly. Talking with a couple of guys that have been training a few months, they said they were losing anywhere from 11-15 lbs per month.

First day with weight/strength coach went well. It's a one hour session, today we learned proper warm up, lifting technique and form, and post workout cool down. Had an easy day, 30 mins of metabolic resistance training, 10 reps x 2 sets of squats, rows, bench press, deadlift, shoulder presses, etc. Workouts on M-W-F. He said no exercise or lifting on Tues and Thurs for first three weeks for proper recovery. The second month, we will be doing HITT on Tues and Thurs.

Everything is great. Not sure about all these supplements. Only thing I have ever taken was a multivitamin, so this is all new. Creatine Monohydrate, Muscle Pharm Combat Powder (Whey and Casein), Green Powder, Vitamin D-3 5000IU, Fish Oil 5G, Zinc Magnesium 400 mg.

Ashley, do I need all this?
    @jcgator2016 I take a multivitamin, I do take the vitamin D-3, the fish oil and I take some more supplements more geared toward women's health and joint health with all the lifting I do (collagen, collagen for joints) and not those other ones, and I've never taken a magnesium supplement at any point in my weight lifting journey. I did at one point take creatine when I was eating carbs but since I stopped eating carbs I haven't really felt like I needed the Creatine and I very rarely take any protein supplements anymore (whey or casein) as I moved to a ketogenic diet and tend to eat a moderate amount of protein so I really get my protein from food sources and not supplements. Having said that since you're really in the beginning phases of a strength program and your muscle development will be quite a bit higher than mine at this stage, I don't think there's any harm in using them now, and at some point you may experiment when you start seeing results and start understanding how your body responds to the training program and you can judge if they're helping or not.

I think the training is a bit interesting since he said no exercise or lifting Tuesday or Thursday, the days after lifting, I always do better with active recovery, but I suppose that's where you're headed with him adding in HIIT on Tues and Thurs after the first 3 weeks...I'm pretty excited to see where this takes you. You may notice what you think is a stall for a bit in the beginning, but you should start seeing a steady drop off on weight after your body starts adjusting to the weight training program. After all, muscles eat fat for breakfast :wink: Developing muscles is one of the best ways to lose weight overall, but it can from time to time be a bit frustrating as you're body composition is changing but the scale doesn't always move like you'd want it to, and with that being said I can't encourage you enough to take measurements!!!! I swear, I've only lost about 11 lbs in the past 6 weeks or so, but I've lost 9.3 inches (4.5 inches alone in my hips!) so TAKE MEASUREMENTS! You won't be sorry!

Okay, sorry long winded response but I AM super excited for you! Keep us posted!
  • AB0215
    Options
    bdixon1154 wrote: »
    Well I missed the first weight in because I usually weigh in on Mondays...

But anyways.. I'm Ashlee. I'm a single mom to a beautiful 3 year old, full-time nurse, and going back to school. I was eating snacks, just grabbing something when I could. I weigh more now than I did 9 months pregnant. This is my first challenge so I'm hoping it will keep me motivated!
    My gw for this month is 190lb. I weighed 203.4lb this morning.

Can't wait to see how the rest of the month goes!!

@bdixon1154 Welcome Ashlee!! Great goals for the month! I think that team is really motivating and helpful, keeps me honest at least! Good luck, you got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Tracked - yes

@momma3times I think there IS something to eating at maintenance every now again.
    I had a maintenance day Saturday, I say maintenance but it was still a bit under, but I actually intentionally ate quite a bit higher. I do think that if you're a deficit for a long time and you eat at maintenance level for a day as sort of a "re-feed" day, your body gets sort of a reset in a manner of speaking and it can help you lose more. I don't have a lot of evidence to support this claim yet, but I follow a ketogenic body builder who talks about it during contest prep and he very clearly has good results so I went ahead and tried it...we will see how it helps me long term.....I'll let you know. So far I'm feeling really good, although I wasn't feeling not good and I swear eating that much food was SO hard after what I normally eat these days.

And I think Jim @jcgator2016 is probably on to it being something about the water...and chlorine can be an irritant if you are exposed to it a lot, like it does seem you are...I know I can't be in chlorine for a really long time as it tends to make irritate my ears and eyes...
  • AB0215
    Options
    mexiconona wrote: »
    Mexiconona
    Daily post Monday, 10/ 1
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes physical therapy and walking 20 min.
    Carbs no
    Started intermittent fasting again today 20 hrs window 3 hrs.

@mexiconona Awesome!
    I've been doing OMAD now at least 3-4 days a week and I really feel like I have a lot more control over my food, I tend to choose my meals much more careful!
  • AB0215
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise:73 mins weight training, 60 mins walk

Comments: OMAD today, on purpose, trying to really get down a couple more lbs this week to see if 167 by the beginning of November might be possible...(trying to get down one more weight class, already got to the one I originally was aiming for, but if I could get down one more, that would be even better!) Cross your fingers! I'm not going to sacrifice performance for weight loss, so if it's not possible, it's not possible, but my calculations tell me it IS possible, but sometimes the body doesn't always do what you expect, so we will see. Realistically that's like 7 lbs, and it SHOULD be possible, but I again, I'm not going to do anything crazy to get there....
  • momma3times
    Options
    [/quote]

Go buy a tester and check the water where you teach water aerobics. Low ph can cause skin irritations. When the ph is low, chlorine and other disinfectants make it possible for dangerous bacteria to survive. Most public pools have people that have no idea how to balance a pool nor care. I have my own pool and it's a full time job just to keep it balanced, clean and sparkling. I do swim laps at our community pool which is Olympic size, and I always check the water with my tester before I get in.

And also shower immediately, or as soon as possible after swimming. [/quote]

I will try this! Thanks for the idea
  • momma3times
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise:73 mins weight training, 60 mins walk

Comments: OMAD today, on purpose, trying to really get down a couple more lbs this week to see if 167 by the beginning of November might be possible...(trying to get down one more weight class, already got to the one I originally was aiming for, but if I could get down one more, that would be even better!) Cross your fingers! I'm not going to sacrifice performance for weight loss, so if it's not possible, it's not possible, but my calculations tell me it IS possible, but sometimes the body doesn't always do what you expect, so we will see. Realistically that's like 7 lbs, and it SHOULD be possible, but I again, I'm not going to do anything crazy to get there....

OMAD is so hard. I applaud you! You got this!
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Logged 👍
    Calories👍
    Exercise👍badminton, squats, stretch
  • a_petersen09
    a_petersen09 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Calories: Under🙌
    Exercise: Cleaning, just under an hour and a half
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Track: yes
    Calories: under (even with the gummi worms!)
    Exercise: Core de force Mashup

I got my flu shot yesterday and my arm is soooo sore!
  • AB0215
    Options

I got my flu shot yesterday and my arm is soooo sore!

@CourtneyLomonaco I got my flu shot about a month ago, and I'm normally really sore for like 2 days but the guy that gave me the shot was telling me that he learned if he goes slower while giving the shot and giving the muscle time to absorb the shot, you get less sore and I swear I didn't get sore this time...I was really impressed.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    I love your idea to weigh in on Mondays.
    I am not brave enough to do that. haha My weekends are hard enough to track, so it would be difficult to stay in my calories...
    I weigh in on Thursdays to try and give myself enough time to "undo" any weekend damage that might have happened... haha Not the best strategy.... And maybe next year, I will change it to Mondays. But anyone who sets their weigh in day for Mondays....
    d7tkcg6wsf9h.png

@tinak33 You ALWAYS find a way to crack me up, and this picture is no exception....

ANYWAYS how are you doing with your intermittent fasting and coffee?

hiiiii...... So I had a nice big response to this, and it didn't load. And then it disappeared. And I might have growled at my phone. Maybe.....
    So I'm gonna try and remember what I said...

Anyways... after my nacho fest on Friday, the festival (where I bought 3 pies!!) on Saturday, and the crazy amount of delicious food on Sunday, I am pretty sure I gained 3 lbs. The IF bug flew out the window, and I looked and looked but have no idea where it went!!

Trying to get back into it, but yesterday I was so far beyond exhausted, that I had my coffee early on. I only drank half of it, but I was definitely snacking all day. And I didn't log everything.

I know I need to start incorporating exercise into my daily routines somehow, because I really just don't feel like I am eating enough. I can go for a few days or a week but I get so hungry, like "stomach growling embarrassingly loud" hungry. So I end up eating. In order to keep a deficit, and still feel like I am getting enough calories, I will probably need to start exercising. I just have no idea where to fit it in. I can't see where though. It's going to be something I need to work on over the next month or two.

I do want to get back to IF, and see if I can manage it again. I just don't want to binge on weekends. That's when I get my treats. And I have so many. And I can't waste them. So I have been rationing them out and only eating them on weekends, once a day. Once they are gone, I'm done, though.

I am trying to wait till 10am before having my coffee. And I think I can do it today. Might even push to 10:30. haha
This discussion has been closed.