TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    I've come to realize.. I am so bad at chewing my food. Mindful eating (something I said in my goals earlier this month that I would try) says that you should chew each bite 25 x or more... are you kidding? I tried to do it and it's SO HARD. I eat way too quick. I always finish before everyone. I just didn't realize it was because I was barely chewing. What tricks have you learned, if any, to slow down when eating?

@_ecofeminist I honestly eat fast, I've slowed down a bit, but I think it's really about finding what works for you. Some things that might help with eating slower, putting down your utensils between bites or every 2 bites, etc and also try sipping water in between bites, that should help you slow down and also feel fuller.
    For me, I don't really feel like mindful eating is so much eating slower, but making better choices. I've come to think of food as more fuel for my goals rather than an act to enjoy, so I tend to eat less and make better choices but not necessarily eat slower, but that is one technique for eating less, you'll feel yourself getting fuller if you're eating slower.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,868 Member
    Options
    I've come to realize.. I am so bad at chewing my food. Mindful eating (something I said in my goals earlier this month that I would try) says that you should chew each bite 25 x or more... are you kidding? I tried to do it and it's SO HARD. I eat way too quick. I always finish before everyone. I just didn't realize it was because I was barely chewing. What tricks have you learned, if any, to slow down when eating?

I eat slowly. I do not count how many times I chew. I do not watch television either. I put my food down often. I do not like to eat alone. I take drinks between bites. I get really nervous around fast eaters. I don't know why. It just makes me feel uncomfortable if someone is eating quickly. I am afraid they may choke is part of it. good luck.

Shelley
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Friday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, Under
    Exercise: 30 min Strength Training, Body Pump & CXWorks
    Water: 112 oz.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options

I've been trying to practice this too! You're really in luck because being mindful during eating is much easier than trying to be mindful during other activities. (Like imagine trying to be mindful about your running. I need to DISTRACT myself during running to be able to do it lol) But anyway, I love food lol so a helpful way for me to be mindful is just by chewing the food and literally savoring/appreciating the flavors in each bite. I still need practice with this, but it helps a lot when I do it. ALSO, if possible try not to multitask while eating. Just sit down and eat. There are actually studies that show that you eat more if you're multitasking during a meal. I break this rule all the time because I constantly need to be studying, etc. so I know it's hard but whenever you find the time it counts.
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great advice about mindful eating! Thanks!

Friday, October 12th
    Tracing: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: no, have an extremely sore anckle and I don’t know why. So I tried RICE today and hoping it might be better to tomorrow!
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Tracked👍
    Calories 👍
    Exercise 👍
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, OMAD, day 3
    Exercise:Yes, 90 mins walking, 30 mins calisthenics

Comments: Went for a walk in the rain today, didn't let that stop me, I actually really like the rain, can't say I've ever walked in it before.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,868 Member
    Options
    Daily post Friday
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes, upper and core
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Daily stats : fri October 12

Hi y’all!
    Tracked: yes
    Calories:Under
    Exercise: light hiking through the forests of Vermont and New Hampshire.

Goal: drink more water - you guys are inspirational with the water and exercise! Yeah!
  • AB0215
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Username: Gemwolf110
    Weigh in week: Oct. Week 2
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 215.5
    CW: 211.4

@gemwolf110 AWESOME LOSS!!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day Saturday:
    @Bm00re2u
    @gemwolf110 (got yours)
    @LyndsayAnne316 (got yours)
    @mg07030
    @UnchainedZulu
    @Zumbaforever
  • ekuassi
    ekuassi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Daily post: 10-12
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: no, but completed 10,000 steps
  • AB0215
    Options
    During preparation for Hurricane Florence a few weeks back, I met some incredible people that went out of their way to help the elderly, the needy, and anyone that needed a helping hand in preparing for the hurricane. So, after I secured my families' homes, I decided to pitch in. We filled sand bags and delivered them, boarded houses, and whatever that needed to be done for our community. It was hard work, we got up early and got home late. But, it was satisfying and it felt good to help our neighbors.

I was invited to a meeting Friday evening where we decided we wanted to help the people in Florida. We have roughly 50 volunteers that will be making the trip, bringing 4 semis loaded with water, medical supplies and needed items. In a couple days, we will have more Semis loaded with donated goods.

So, we will be leaving tomorrow morning. I'll be back hopefully next weekend.

@jcgator2016 That's amazing! It's really awesome that you're helping those who need help! (and you're getting in some great activity too) Good luck on the trip and stay safe!
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @jcgator2016 Kudos to you! Taking care of your own family and then giving to all the others in need! You are admired and an inspiration. May it all turn out well and may you all be safe! Prayers and hugs coming your way!
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Username: Bm00re2u
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Previous Week's weight: 133 lbs
    Todays Weight: 133 lbs

Pretty bummed that I lost nothing, but that just means I need to adjust my eating, drink more water, and work a little harder. Next week, I will she's some weight!
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Username : mg07030
    Weekly weigh in: Oct week 2
    PW: 138.8
    CW:138.0

Lbs lost -.8

This discussion has been closed.