Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 11/04 Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: none...rest day
    Daily goal: To stay within my calorie budget and get in a workout (1 out of 2 accomplished) 😄🚶💪👏🙌

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My weigh-in days are Mondays.

11/1 SW: 358.2
    11/5: 357
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dheliason
    November week 1
    Monday
    Previous: 142.8
    Current: 141.5
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hello team :) I posted this in the wrong place last night, so here's yesterday's post. I am going to try and participate in the daily posts almost every day so I can hold myself more accountable.

Daily Post Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: No
    Goals or Day: Not going to lie, I did not meet any of my goals at all today. Was way over on my calories and didn't drink nearly enough water nor did I exercise. My goal for the rest of the week is to stay under on calories (set at 1200/day), under on my daily allowance of carbs (150), drink 100 oz of water, and exercise daily. This is what I have been aiming to do, but since Halloween I have been having all sorts of cravings because I gave in to all the candy.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    @RedStickdad Got it, Thanks! @AB0215 is that the only place that I need to enter data?

@mram3582 Yes, that's perfect, thank you!!
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    For new members my name is Crystal, I started MFP July 18th this yr and so far have lost 25 lbs :). This will be my 3rd round here.
  • Frens0614
    Frens0614 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Frens0614
    Monday
    PW 146.1
    CW 146.8

I’ve been hovering around the same weight for months. I can’t seem to move on, and with the holidays here, I’m struggling even more. I’m disappointed :(.
  • RedStickdad
    RedStickdad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 11/04 Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: rest day 1 DareBee challenge
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I forgot to post my weigh-in on Saturday.

November 3 weigh in:
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Last week: 176.4
    This week: 174.0
  • AB0215
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Frens0614 wrote: »
    Frens0614
    Monday
    PW 146.1
    CW 146.8

I’ve been hovering around the same weight for months. I can’t seem to move on, and with the holidays here, I’m struggling even more. I’m disappointed :(.

@Frens0614 It may be time to revisit your goals. The body adapts to what we do to it, exercise, claories, etc. Sometimes you need to change up your calorie goals, workouts and whatnot. If you've lost a significant amount of weight, your body doesn't need as many calories to maintain and therefore the same is true if you want to lose. I would look at what you're taking in and start there!

I was exactly in that boat at the beginning of the year. For 6 months, I stayed the same, or lost and gained the same 2 lbs. I decided I needed to make the change, looked at what I was doing and decided that it wasn't working. I wound up mixing in some intermittent fasting and cutting some extra calories from my diet and I'm down another 26 lbs since I did that at the end of June.

And as for the holidays coming up, one day of eating isn't going to kill all the progress you've been making, so like for Thanksgiving, even if you go overboard one day, it's not going to do as much damage as you might think. 1 pound=3500 calories, and 2 pounds=7000 calories, so even if you managed to eat 7000 calories in one day, that's only 2 lbs and that's assuming that all of that was extra, which it's most likely not as you do NEED some to survive.

The trick really isn't to not enjoy time with family and eat the things we want to, it's limiting it to one day, and not giving in. And just because we overate once, we aren't sunk, destroyed, etc. We still pick up and carry on, and eventually we will get where we want to be.
  • AB0215
    Options
    cdavisdeva wrote: »
    Goals or Day: Not going to lie, I did not meet any of my goals at all today. Was way over on my calories and didn't drink nearly enough water nor did I exercise. My goal for the rest of the week is to stay under on calories (set at 1200/day), under on my daily allowance of carbs (150), drink 100 oz of water, and exercise daily. This is what I have been aiming to do, but since Halloween I have been having all sorts of cravings because I gave in to all the candy.

@cdavisdeva I've found that I'm an all or nothing type. If I have one bad thing, I have 10. Candy is no exception. Sugar is addictive and therefore the more you eat, the harder it is to not eat it! So, I gave it up completely. Haven't had a single piece of candy since June of 2017, now that is extreme I realize. I don't expect anyone to be that crazy! Just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time really, and tell yourself you don't need it and hang in there! It's a hard habit to break!
  • AB0215
    Options
    dheliason wrote: »
    dheliason
    November week 1
    Monday
    Previous: 142.8
    Current: 141.5
    @dheliason Awesome start!
    My weigh-in days are Mondays.

11/1 SW: 358.2
    11/5: 357
    @evangsimmons170 Great job!

• AB0215
    Options
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 You were too fast for me this morning. I came home from work and was going to collect weights, but they were done! Done! :) I'll keep an eye out for the rest of the day if you need a break.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes. Took an hour long walk around the neighborhood
    Goals/Day: I have struggled constantly with getting the water in. My goal today is to drink at least 64 ounces of water today and stay away from the leftover Halloween candy in the office.
  • SYED1512
    SYED1512 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    November Week 1
    Monday
    Previous: 290 lbs
    Current: 289 lbs
  • mram3582
    Options
    SYED1512 wrote: »
    November Week 1
    Monday
    Previous: 290 lbs
    Current: 289 lbs

really nice!
  • Angief05
    Angief05 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    forgot to weigh in Saturday but my weight thst morning was 224.8 lb
  • mram3582
    Options
    @Angief05 do you want that to be your starting weight for this month, or do you just want to add it to Sat. weigh in?
  • AB0215
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    @AB0215 You were too fast for me this morning. I came home from work and was going to collect weights, but they were done! Done! :) I'll keep an eye out for the rest of the day if you need a break.

@mram3582 I got up early, I hate when the time changes, I went to bed at like 8 last night and got up super early, wasn't ready for my workout so I decided to come in here and see what was going on lol.
This discussion has been closed.