• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes, fasting.
    Exercise:Yes, 60 mins treadmill

Comments: Side note, made some house cleaning goals, decided to do a 48 hour fast not realizing how hard it was going to be to prep my husbands lunches for the week and clean out my fridge. So, if you decide to fast, don't set goals that involve the kitchen, it makes them really hard to achieve!
    On a positive note, I did manage to organize my office, linen closet, pantry, wipe down all of my kitchen cabinets and clean out my fridge while distracting myself from food, so that's a good start to my holiday cleaning prep :smile:
  • AB0215
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post:
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes (abour to go swimming for rhe first time in months plus some water aerobics as I need to take it easy but my duration is two hours our more) when I start aching I'll switch to the Heated Whirlpool

Goals/Comments: so even though I cannot weigh myself while I'm here in Charlotte I noticed some NSVs that I'll like to share:
    1. I don't have to turn side ways when I
    go to the bathroom
    2. When I lay down I know longer see
    my stomach (so I know it slowly
    going down)
    3. I have indentations in my stomach
    so you can see how the fat is
    slowly dissipating and now I can
    see a birthmark that I haven't seen in
    awhile.

Sorry guys if this is TMI but I am just trying to stay positive and notice the good things and not focus on the negative on rhis journey as I have a long way to go.

Anyone else notice some NSVs??

@gjaholy33 I don't think that's TMI for this group, we tend to talk about Shark Week a lot lol.

I think it's important to focus on the things that don't involve the scale, and I realize the irony of me saying that this week as I'm sitting here fasting to make sure I make weight on Saturday.

One of the greatest indicators of fat loss is "squishy fat" and something that my mom was talking to me about just a couple days ago. I've been helping her to win her work Biggest Loser Challenge and she's down 16 lbs, but what she's noticing is that her belly fat has become squishy, less hard, a good indicator that it's breaking up and being burned off.

I'm really happy to see so many positive NSV's for you! Congrats!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mexiconona November 11th
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes 45 min water aerobics
  • jcgator2016
    jcgator2016 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Daily Report Sun 11 Nov

Didn't track, count calories, and only exercise were daily walks with the dog. Love cool mornings.

Two birthday parties and a day with Dad on Veteran's Day at the Marine Fleet Reserve this weekend. Cookouts, cakes, ice cream and a big lunch at the Fleet Reserve. I'm not going near a scale.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post:
    Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes (abour to go swimming for rhe first time in months plus some water aerobics as I need to take it easy but my duration is two hours our more) when I start aching I'll switch to the Heated Whirlpool

Goals/Comments: so even though I cannot weigh myself while I'm here in Charlotte I noticed some NSVs that I'll like to share:
    1. I don't have to turn side ways when I
    go to the bathroom
    2. When I lay down I know longer see
    my stomach (so I know it slowly
    going down)
    3. I have indentations in my stomach
    so you can see how the fat is
    slowly dissipating and now I can
    see a birthmark that I haven't seen in
    awhile.

Sorry guys if this is TMI but I am just trying to stay positive and notice the good things and not focus on the negative on rhis journey as I have a long way to go.

Anyone else notice some NSVs??

@gjaholy33 I don't think that's TMI for this group, we tend to talk about Shark Week a lot lol.

I think it's important to focus on the things that don't involve the scale, and I realize the irony of me saying that this week as I'm sitting here fasting to make sure I make weight on Saturday.

One of the greatest indicators of fat loss is "squishy fat" and something that my mom was talking to me about just a couple days ago. I've been helping her to win her work Biggest Loser Challenge and she's down 16 lbs, but what she's noticing is that her belly fat has become squishy, less hard, a good indicator that it's breaking up and being burned off.

I'm really happy to see so many positive NSV's for you! Congrats!

Thanks I noticed that also just didn't know the correct name for it
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Nov. 11th

Calories under goal: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, I texted my neighbor and we walked around the block twice (2000 steps). There is no way I could have walked this far a month ago. We have a trip planned to WV in the spring to tour a spooky old, closed psychiatric hospital. The tour requires a lot of walking so one of my goals is to be able to make that trip.

I had a bit of a success today. I went to the grocery store and saw a Dr. Pepper in the cooler at the checkout lane.....and I wanted one badly. However, I managed not to buy it. I have been off of soft drinks with sugar for 10 days now.
  • nurse_1
    nurse_1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Daily post - Sun 11/11

Track - yes
    Calories - under
    Exercise - none
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Monday!

I already posted but it disappeared. Sorry if there is a double post later.

Username : Jaydoh120
    Week : November week 2
    PW : 248.2lb (112.6kg)
    CW : 242.5lb (110kg)

My pattern is one week - big scale loss, the next week - big centimetre loss. Anyone else have this? It's weird.

Very happy with my progress so far. Looking forward to breaking 100kg (220lbs) and the next goal will be 92.5kg (202lb) which will take my bmi into the "overweight" category.
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday

Calories: Yes, upper limit but doing better! Tomorrow will do better.
    Exercise:Yes, HIIT.

Comments: Feeling better about today. Much more controlled eating and worked out. Will do even better tomorrow. Going to get back on track. It's funny how with the right mindset saying no to certain food is so easy and in the wrong mindset it can be so difficult. Goes to show how much psychology goes into weight loss.
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily post, Sunday, November 11

Tracking. Yes
    Calories. Yes under
    Exercise. Stretches and few calisthenics

Hope I didn’t miss the time limit for the weigh in as I was packaging some gists to mail and the time got away from me! nSV today I went up and down the stairs about 6 times and my legs are getting stronger! Yeah, finally!

Hav a great second week everybody!
  • ssssanaaaa
    ssssanaaaa Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Today I'd like to talk a little about goals and why they're important.

14 Weeks ago, I set a goal to work hard, lose 4 kg and finally actually do an Olympic Style Weightlifting Meet. After about 6 weeks or so I managed to hit that 4 kg goal and decided to go for what I really wanted to start competing at which was 76 kg, which was another 4 kg. So in total I've lost 8 kg or 17.6 lbs. I decided to do this, one--I really enjoy Oly lifting, makes me feel like a total bad@ss, and two, I really needed something to sort of push me to do better for myself. I find that I have a lot of internal motivation, but I need to channel that into something, so this is what I decide to do. So today, I sit here, 5 days away with quite a few mixed emotions--I am nervous and super excited to finally do it. When I set out to do this, I also set 2 other goals, the amount of weight I wanted to lift for the meet and I was super unsure of whether or not I would be able to Snatch the number I put down, but for the past couple weeks, I've been doing 80%+ of that number pretty easily, so, fingers crossed I'll hit it, if not, I'm not going to be too upset because I've come so far during these past few weeks.

I said all of that, to say this:
    I think it's really important to have goals, otherwise, you're not really working towards anything. And just saying oh, I want to lose weight, that's not really what I mean by a goal. Your goals should me SMART, specific, measurable, achievable, results-focused, and time-bound. I set these goals 14 weeks ago, well I guess technically 13, but I said how much I wanted to lift and how much I wanted to lose and by when. I then made a plan to achieve those goals, lifting 4-6 times a week, doing so much cardio, etc. And I tracked whether or not I was on track to hit those goals, and pretty early in I realized I had a choice to make, whether or not I'd change my weight loss goal, and I did because I had nothing to lose (except weight) by changing it. The bottom line is, without these goals I set for myself, I'd just be sitting here everyday doing the same thing, with no purpose or reason behind it. Achieving those goals really gives me strength and motivation to see what else I can achieve!

Goals are important in life, not just in weight loss, but in other areas of our lives too. Goals give us something to work for, a purpose and that's really important.

So, I hope all of you have goals, SMART ones, so you know if you're achieving them or if you need to make adjustments to meet them. It's one of the most amazing feelings in the world when you achieve something, especially when you set that bar really high for yourself.
    If you don't have a SMART Goal, go make one! And then crush it!

I really love this, Ashley. I'm literally about to write down my goals in this format.
    Jaydoh120 wrote: »
    Weigh-in Monday!

I already posted but it disappeared. Sorry if there is a double post later.

Username : Jaydoh120
    Week : November week 2
    PW : 248.2lb (112.6kg)
    CW : 242.5lb (110kg)

My pattern is one week - big scale loss, the next week - big centimetre loss. Anyone else have this? It's weird.

Very happy with my progress so far. Looking forward to breaking 100kg (220lbs) and the next goal will be 92.5kg (202lb) which will take my bmi into the "overweight" category.

Very nice loss!

Exercise: Yes, I texted my neighbor and we walked around the block twice (2000 steps). There is no way I could have walked this far a month ago. We have a trip planned to WV in the spring to tour a spooky old, closed psychiatric hospital. The tour requires a lot of walking so one of my goals is to be able to make that trip.

I had a bit of a success today. I went to the grocery store and saw a Dr. Pepper in the cooler at the checkout lane.....and I wanted one badly. However, I managed not to buy it. I have been off of soft drinks with sugar for 10 days now.

Nice! It's the little choices here and there that make a big difference.
  • liannexx
    liannexx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Daily post-Sunday 11th November
    Track-yes-under
    Exercise-20 mins strength training, 40 mins treadmill oh and work, got called in as we were short staffed
    Comments-feeling good
  • liannexx
    liannexx Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Username-liannexx
    Week-November week 2
    PW-226.75
    CW-225.4
  • Bm00re2u
    Bm00re2u Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Calories: No
    Exercise: Yes

So I didn't stay under my calories, but I must say that Sunday was a Funday!
    Did some light cleaning, then woke up my son to sing happy birthday! He turned 5, and I was like an emotional rollercoaster 😭. He got a piece (or 2) of birthday cake with a candle, and we played with his new toy airplane and sang Christmas songs on his karaoke machine.
    I hope everyone had a Happy Veterans Day and Sunday!
  • Birda46
    Birda46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Username: Birda46
    Week: November 12th- Week 3
    PW =(191)
    CW=(189)

bummer...no change...
    but on the good side...I was on vacation so no change!!
  • momma3times
    momma3times Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Monday
    Momma3times
    Previous Weight: 243.2
    Current weight: 242.6

I am struggling right now. Last week I had a big gain, I had a plan on Monday to fix it. I got a call on Monday morning that my inlaws would be at my house to stay because a family friend of theirs had passed(not someone we knew). My kids had been sick for the last 2 weeks (3 kids, sick in rotation) and I had just started feeling crappy on Monday. So I didn't get to be sick on the couch, I had to clean/be mom and host company.

Then my kids had the last consecutive weekend of swim meets. We have been at meets for 5 weekends in a row. I am glad we made it through them, but I wish I had been able to lose weight at the same time.

Today starts a new week. I am setting tiny short goal for this week, and the remainder of this month. I need to get back on track, and I need to learn how to adapt to inconvenient situations. They seem to make me crash, and I have a really hard time coming back from them.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Happy Weigh In Day Monday:
    @Birda46 (got yours)
    @CindyJNC1963 (got yours)
    @Hollypopp10
    @jaydoh120 (got yours)
    @liannexx (got yours)
    @Momma3times (got yours)
    @nurse_1
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)
    Track: no
    Calories: I think under-I just need to stay away from the candy
    Exercise: 25 minute jog.
  • AB0215
    Options

@CindyJNC1963 That's awesome!! Great job! That's super exciting and you're doing a great job of working towards that very realistic goal!
This discussion has been closed.