Please allow me to introduce myself...

18910111214»

Replies

• beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @michael_atx Another "oldie" who remembers you well from the days of the WW GOAD board.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Welcome to all of our newbies (and returning olbies :) )
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Hey, @michael_atx , welcome back. Sorry for the tough ride to you took to get here but you're here now. The road behind you provides perspective but the one that really counts is the one ahead of you. Stick with it--as you know, losing weight doesn't solve all of life's problems but I'm convinced life's better in a smaller body, even on my worst day.

Looking forward to your participation here--GOAD isn't a spectator sport...
  • SubVet688
    SubVet688 Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2019
    Apparently I need to read the announcements and put things in the right place. I posted this as it's own thread. My bad, please forgive. :p

Hi all. MANY years ago I followed and contributed to GOAD on the WW forum. So much has happened since then, including WLS which was very successful. WLS is a tool and that tool needs to be used right. I have gained some back due to not using it properly, just some, but am working at stopping the backslide. Community helps.

Apparently I have been part of this group for many years! Wow, I found it, then I lost it (my mind I am thinking). I am looking for a new or in this case a previous community, so here I am. Let's see if I can jump start not only my lifestyle but my participation in this community.
  • WmbgJim
    WmbgJim Posts: 1 Member
    I too was a WW GOAD several years ago and loved the support I received over the years. I was very successful on WW but slipped a little backwards when I stepped away. Well, I’m back and motivated to continue my journey but this time with MyFitnessPal and my pals at GOAD.
  • tazboy
    tazboy Posts: 81 Member
    this looks all too familiar around here .. I've been here before, but then life got in the way, and it hit me hard. Time to put the rest of it all aside, and focus on me for a bit now. see you around the salad bar ..
  • ClayandRocks
    ClayandRocks Posts: 67 Member
    My name is Will. You may have seen me as patioman about 10 years ago on the old GOAD. (Apparently that username is already taken at MFP). I lost about 30 pounds on the old PointsPlus program, then plateaued, and then slowly drifted back to my original weight. Eating for entertainment and stress relief during the Covid isolation made the last 10 lbs, and once again the waistbands are just too tight.

I am still doing WW, but the current program has been challenging for me to stick with. I feel that the more satisfying foods cost too many points. So I've used the web to reconstruct some PointsPlus information and I plan to do a hybrid for this year, then probably leave WW whether successful or not.

It was great to stumble across this site and see so many familiar usernames. Success to all in 2023.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,753 Member
    Welcome, Will! Yes, I remember you; glad you found your way here. You may find we’re a bit mellower than we used to be.
  • Timetowinit
    Timetowinit Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, i am a long term dieter, ive been reported nored in journals for my eight liss accomplishments , join several 100 pounds loss clubs and nearly died from obesity. Sorta in the middle of my yoyo now, help needed. Thanks for any communicationsand supoort.
  • crewahl
    Welcome to GoaD! We’re always happy to answer questions, and we’ve always got opinions. Most of us have occasionally wandered off the beaten track; you’re not alone. Jump right in!
  • keepitoff8875
    keepitoff8875 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello, all! I'm a veteran of GOAD from 2006-2008ish. IIRC, I went by the handle of skinny guy back then. I also had a blog called Gotta Keep it Off that I ran for a few years.

I lost 130 lbs back then, and kept it mostly off for a while. Right before Christmas last year, I had an epiphany where I realized that I had gained back 85 lbs since I made lifetime back in 2008.

So now I'm back on program and already down 33 lbs. And I've found GOAD, too! Doesn't get much better than that!
  • crewahl
    Welcome back - and jump right in!

I get where you’ve been. I lost 135#, kept it off for four years, then slowly regained 89#. On Feb '20 when it was clear Covid was killing the elderly, the infirm and the overweight, I concluded I could do something about two of the three. I was back to free Lifetime in Nov '23.