TEAM: The Slimsons (December)

Options

Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    schewe1 wrote: »
    Hello! Sarah here with a little history on me....I am 37 and my goal is to lose 7 lbs in December. I like to run and just started yoga to compliment the running. I have to work on maintaining weight management as I have the tendency to gain weight quick, if I don’t monitor my calories. I was doing well until the summer and stopped keeping track. For me it’s a slippery slope, so I want to get back into it. Thanks for having me and look forward going thou December with you all! 🎄

@schewe1 Hi Sarah! Welcome! Yoga is great exercise, great choice! I agree with you on the slippery slope, I am the same way, it's all or nothing for me and when I let go a little, I end up letting go a lot and I just can't do that anymore, I need to work harder to get to the goal!
    You've got this, you're well on your way, you at least know what you need to do to succeed so that's half the battle!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi my name is Kirby. I have been overweight my entire adult life. A few years ago I had lost 50 pounds by counting calories, cutting sodas completely out and being more active like doing a boot camp class, jogging some days, or even a 2 mile walk in the afternoon. Then my mom passed away, and I went through a separation and I’m a huge stress eater and I gained all my weight back and then some. I’ve tried to get back on the wagon but keep falling off. I’ve decided I needed to lose the weight for me and so I could be healthy. In the past I did it for the wrong reason but now I want it for me. So I’m getting back into the swing of things starting today no sodas counting calories and being active.

@kirbyallison Hi Kirby! Welcome to the team! I think it's really important to find an outlet for grief and other emotions that isn't tied to food. I do think that it's a really hard thing to train yourself not to do, and maybe by starting with small things like replacing high calorie stress snacks with something like sugarfree jello which has only like 10 calories, that's sort of like a Jedi mind trick on your brain, you're giving it what it "wants" but not really because it's low cal, and eat it slow! And also take it slow with the jumping back into things, build your healthy habits up a little slow at first, you'll be making healthier habits for the long term and not really burning yourself out, which is important too.

Sorry to hear about your mom! I have to believe she'd want to see you succeed and that somewhere she's watching you and rooting for you to succeed!

You got this!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi team Slimson's👋
    I'm Amy, 36 years next week 37! I'm a tall 5'1" 👇 need to lose 28lbs to be back at my lowest weight. I had lost 4 stone but have put half of that back on during my 3rd pregnancy. Now my baby is 13 months so no more excuses, this challenge will help to keep the motivation going.💪

@burnthatfatamy1 Hi Amy! Welcome!! The tall 5' 1" made me laugh, I'm a "tall" 4' 10" (and a half). I like the no more excuses attitude, that's what got me where I am, you have to be honest with yourself and make changes when things aren't working, so that's a great attitude to have!!
  • AllyTheGrump
    AllyTheGrump Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Username: AllyTheGrump
    Week: December Week 1
    PW = 297.6
    CW= 298.6 (wrong way :( )

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Username: AllyTheGrump
    Week: December Week 1
    PW = 297.6
    CW= 298.6 (wrong way :( )

Be encouraged just keep on track and you'll see it reverse real soon. WE'RE ROOTING FOR YOU!
  • AllyTheGrump
    Options
    A little about me: My name is ally, I’m from Ontario Canada, I’m 31. I have been overweight since I was about 10, and obese since I was about 20. I’ve tried diets and programs before and I’ve been a member of almost every gym in town.

I’m just getting back to trying to change my habits (in the last week) after taking about a year off.
    I enjoy hiking, biking, and weight lifting. For the month of December I’d love to lose 10Lbs
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    A little about me: My name is ally, I’m from Ontario Canada, I’m 31. I have been overweight since I was about 10, and obese since I was about 20. I’ve tried diets and programs before and I’ve been a member of almost every gym in town.

I’m just getting back to trying to change my habits (in the last week) after taking about a year off.
    I enjoy hiking, biking, and weight lifting. For the month of December I’d love to lose 10Lbs

YOU GOT THIS!
  • gjaholy33
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons,
    I AM BACK FOR ANOTHER MONTH! CHEERS TO GETTING MY HEALTH BACK ON TRACK!!

My name is Gloria @gjaholy33 
    I am 39 years old and trying to lose 200lbs by April so I won't have to do the bariatric surgery although it is looking like it cause even though I've lost 11lbs this month my heart rate is still high 139 (not good).

I have been disable due to a work injury in 2015 and need to lose weight in order to get better as I am severely obese. Just to encourage those who are struggling with staying on track I have been trying to get healthy since 2010 and it's a constant struggle but I've learn to set short attainable goals in order to succeed. There are a lot of days which the pain is unbearable along with additional health issues such as asthma and pulmonary hypertension due to a long slow gas leak in my apartment has not help matters but since I am determine to lose 200lbs I know I have to Stay positive and look forward and not back at what I did yesterday.

I am currently STRUGGLING JUST TO MAINTAIN FROM DAY TO DAY on my weightloss journey. BUT I HAVE BEEN PRAYING AND MEDITATING MORE IN ORDER TO REMAIN POSITIVE WHICH TO ME IS KEY TO BEING SUCCESSFUL AT MY GOALS. ALTHOUGH I am surprised that I'm actually losing weight but my friend and Captain of this team, Ashley (@AB0215) is helping me with the Keto Lifestyle and its really working.

I always set goals for myself and once again this month my goal is to lose 30lbs! Didn't do it last month and even though this is my birthday month I have high hopes since I will not be cheating until Christmas (have to have mac & cheese) and the day of on the 31st when I'll be having a slice a cake to celebrate my mom turning 60 and me turning 40 (YES I WAS BORN ON MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY ON NEW YEAR'S EVE!)

WE GOT THIS,

Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Username: gjaholy33
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Current Weight: 504.5lbs
  • cmteach4
    cmteach4 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    cmteach4
    December beginning weigh in: 188

Hoping to lose a few, and at least maintain during Christmas week. Definitely want to start out the new year under 188!
  • laraburkhalter
    laraburkhalter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!
    I’m new to this group, and I’m very happy to be part of it. I’m 43 years old and have such a wonderful family. I was pretty slim all my life until the beginning of my 30’s after my children were born. I use to be a star track runner (distance was my choice) as well as cross country and wish I had continued my love for running. Now at 5’10 275 lbs, it is very hard to run but I have started again... run/walk. I too like Ashley, am on a Keto diet and have been in it for 3 weeks now. I have lost a total of 10lbs so I’m extremely happy about that.
    I really would like to lose another 10 lbs in December. I know I can do it with my determination and the support of this group!!!! Whoop hoop to the journey we are about to begin!!!
    Let’s do this!!!
  • Beckymomof3girls
    Beckymomof3girls Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Hello Team Slimsons,

I am 39 years old and trying to lose 200lbs by April so I won't have to do the bariatric surgery although it is looking like it cause even though I've lost 11lbs this month my heart rate is still high 139 (not good).

I have been disable due to a work injury in 2015 and need to lose weight in order to get better as I am severely obese. Just to encourage those who are struggling with staying on track I have been trying to get healthy since 2010 and it's a constant struggle but I've learn to set short attainable goals in order to succeed. There are a lot of days which the pain is unbearable along with additional health issues such as asthma and pulmonary hypertension due to a long slow gas leak in my apartment has not help matters but since I am determine to lose 200lbs I know I have to Stay positive and look forward and not back at what I did yesterday.

I am currently STRUGGLING JUST TO MAINTAIN FROM DAY TO DAY on my weightloss journey. BUT I HAVE BEEN PRAYING AND MEDITATING MORE IN ORDER TO REMAIN POSITIVE WHICH TO ME IS KEY TO BEING SUCCESSFUL AT MY GOALS. ALTHOUGH I am surprised that I'm actually losing weight but my friend and Captain of this team, Ashley (@AB0215) is helping me with the Keto Lifestyle and its really working.

I always set goals for myself and once again this month my goal is to lose 30lbs! Didn't do it last month and even though this is my birthday month I have high hopes since I will not be cheating until Christmas (have to have mac & cheese) and the day of on the 31st when I'll be having a slice a cake to celebrate my mom turning 60 and me turning 40 (YES I WAS BORN ON MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY ON NEW YEAR'S EVE!)

WE GOT THIS,

Happy birthday! We share it, too. I'll be turning 38. I've been keto since 10/1 and have lost about 15lbs so far. My plan for my birthday is to go to a Brazilian steak house to celebrate. Good luck this month!

• AllyTheGrump
    Options
    a slice a cake to celebrate my mom turning 60 and me turning 40 (YES I WAS BORN ON MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY ON NEW YEAR'S EVE!)

WE GOT THIS,

We don’t have a cool birthday like NYE but I was born on my moms birthday too! (She loves it, me not as much haha)
  • AB0215
    Options

@gjaholy33 This might sound crazy, but I used to have a high hr, like 100, and through activity (which I know you can't do right now) I brought it down a bit, but drinking a lot of cold water, COLD is important here, can help too. It creates a response that helps lower your heart rate. And making sure you're staying hydrated will help, your heart does have to work harder if you're dehydrated. Another thing that can help, and keeping your surroundings cooler and with lower humidity. Sounds weird, but these things can help.

But over time, as you know, lowering body weight will have probably the biggest impact, and you're doing great, you will get there!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!
    I’m new to this group, and I’m very happy to be part of it. I’m 43 years old and have such a wonderful family. I was pretty slim all my life until the beginning of my 30’s after my children were born. I use to be a star track runner (distance was my choice) as well as cross country and wish I had continued my love for running. Now at 5’10 275 lbs, it is very hard to run but I have started again... run/walk. I too like Ashley, am on a Keto diet and have been in it for 3 weeks now. I have lost a total of 10lbs so I’m extremely happy about that.
    I really would like to lose another 10 lbs in December. I know I can do it with my determination and the support of this group!!!! Whoop hoop to the journey we are about to begin!!!
    Let’s do this!!!

@laraburkhalter Welcome to the team! You can definitely reach your December goal, you just have to stay vigilant and you got it!
  • mexiconona
    mexiconona Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes
    Friday weigh in day LW 160
    This week 160. Same
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    a slice a cake to celebrate my mom turning 60 and me turning 40 (YES I WAS BORN ON MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY ON NEW YEAR'S EVE!)

WE GOT THIS,

We don’t have a cool birthday like NYE but I was born on my moms birthday too! (She loves it, me not as much haha)

@AllyTheGrump I'm the same way I'm very selfish when it comes to my day so for years we had an agreement to go out a week before the big day and it works except this year we lost my dad and since it's a milestone I'm sacrificing my dad to cheer my mom
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons,

WE GOT THIS,

Happy birthday! We share it, too. I'll be turning 38. I've been keto since 10/1 and have lost about 15lbs so far. My plan for my birthday is to go to a Brazilian steak house to celebrate. Good luck this month!

Awesomeness. . .Happy Birthday as well
  • catvlmack
    catvlmack Posts: 415 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi, I’m Catherine!
    I’ve been overweight my whole adult life, with a small blip around my wedding seven years ago (then I got comfortable!) I’m 35 at the end of this month, so it would be nice to sort it once and for all.
    I started trying to lose weight 2.5 years ago and I’ve lost about 43 lb. it’s not quick, but I haven’t felt deprived, so it’s the right way for me. I track calories and have about 24lb to go.
    I coach kids gymnastics and love it, also love that I’m getting stronger, and more flexible. I am also in my 5/6 year of a part time classical studies degree.
    I use to be in this challenge maybe a year ago and it really helped, don’t know why I dropped off.
    My goals for this month is to lose at least 4lb, it’s not much, but with Christmas and my birthday I don’t want to set myself up to fail. I usually gain at this time of year.

Nice to meet everyone, and looking forward to the challenge!
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My name is Julie. I'm 41 and 5ft9. I live in South Africa on the Dolphin Coast with my two boys. They are 7 and 12 years old.

I lost about 70lbs with mfp in 2012 and maintained my goal weight of 145 until January 2016. I then moved countries, was unemployed for the first time in my life and my marriage got rocky. I guess I comfort ate and picked up 120lbs.

Started my new mfp journey on 9th October this year at 265lbs. Joined thr November challenge and now looking forward to the December one.

I want to get to about 225lbs by the end of the year.
This discussion has been closed.