Team WEIGHT NO MORE-December 2018 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Phew, December 1st and I'm already behind! Welcome all new and returning teammates!

I'm Nancy, 49, originally from California but my husband and I relocated to Montana almost 7 years ago. No kids but we have two Brittany Spaniels who are my constant companions. My favorite form of exercise is hiking with my dogs. My husband’s job takes him away from home for extended periods. I quit my job when we moved so I would have more flexibility to travel with him. I thought not working would free up my time to lose weight. Boy was I wrong... not having a structured schedule back fired on me. December 2016 I topped out at 220. Something snapped and I realized FINALLY that I needed to make some big changes. I joined MFP, did a total overhaul on my eating and began strength training. I joined this Fat to Fit challenge a little over 1 year ago. I’ve lost slightly more than 40 pounds over the last two years. My weight loss journey has been painstakingly slow but its been lasting. I'm focused on long term, sustainable changes. In my mind there's no point in giving up something short term that I'll return to later just to put the weight back on. I use a Fitbit to track my steps and remind me to move if I've been sitting too long.

My goals for December are:
    - Lose 4 lbs (I haven't lost 4 lbs in a single month ever but I feel like I've got some momentum and if I don't challenge myself now, I may slack off)
    - Increase my water (I drink quite a bit of water but would like to up it. Its just so hard when its cold)
    - Plan out dinners ahead of time

This is a terrific group!! Let’s make December a month to remember!

@Mrsbell8well I'm a day late but I'll join you in the yoga challenge.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 That stinks you couldn’t get back to your old account. Were you dong the biggest loser? I wish I knew how it all worked. A few of us are still on a thread weighing in on our own until it starts again.

@kab0931 welcome! Congratulations on already getting down 3.6 lbs!

@mrsbell8well. Thanks! I need the hugs! I am going to ask gig, after the holidays, how to make those pinto beans! Everything looks so yummy!

@cassiegetsfit2013- Thank you Cassie!! That’s right and Cassie is going to be kicking December’s butt too!! Lol!

@bbcbw I can remember those days so I can relate. You have us now to help restore some of the sanity lol!

@lennoncpa I am usually good with bread. Sometimes I do plan before I go that I am going to have some but usually I stay away. The only times I have problems is when, like you, I am hungry going in. Then it is tough to resist. I did ok our first day but I didn’t go out so it wasn’t too challenging.

@cyndiesstuff Thanks for the prayers. I need them. I will either feel better or worse when my brother gets down there next week. I am so happy with my November loss! Dec is going to be a good month too. I just have to stay focused between the holidays and my Mom. I don’t need a repeat of the spring and you were there for my long struggle to get back on track. I don’t want to do that again.

@nstephenson01-love your Dec goals! And you always have a little saying that stays in my head! Let’s make Dec a month to remember!

• Lyssysho26
    Lyssysho26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Check in : Friday
    Food logged : yes
    Exercise : Swimming
    Steps : 1200

Sorry i haven't been active need some days to myself. I feel so behind with what's going on with everyone. I will do alot of reading when i can to keep up. It's so much. Monday i will start fresh for sure. I've been doing ok just been trying to stay positive. Stay hopeful. Been really hard. I hate being so negative and worry so much. I hope i get better honestly. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend
  • Mandi5512
    Mandi5512 Posts: 61 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    Logged today and was on track
    60 oz water
    Steps 11229
    No exercise, but was on my feet all day. Took the kids to Santaland at 9 am. Then processed a deer my husband got yesterday for the rest of my day. Its 8:30 and just now finished up! It has been a very eventual day!
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome new members! I'm looking forward to having a great month with you and the great returning team members.

My name is Shirin and this will be my 4th month on the team. I'm 39, married to a wonderful guy, a stay-at-home mom to 2 kids (3 and 5 years old) and live in Minnesota. I joined this team after realizing I really needed to work on losing the weight I had gained from pregnancy (plus some). My starting weight was 192 (and started this team at 190). My current weight is 173 and aiming for 130 pounds (5'3"). This team has helped me be more accountable and I appreciate the ideas and support from other members!

For December, I'm going to continue to log everything everyday - it's so important for me in order to stay on track. I will also workout 5-6 days a week. I'm going to start the 30 day yoga challenge tonight. I'm interested in checking it out and may end up doing some combination of yoga with cardio. Will update on what I decide to do.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff - yes day 1 is done! Felt so good! I also got in 10,314 steps in the house...we are having a snow storm today!

@bbcbw - I am sorry you are alone there. It’s hard when you have little kids. Just remember you are doing the most important work in the world right now...raising those babies!

@sleepymom5 - oh my gosh I am still sorry about your mom. My mom had Alzheimer’s but luckily my dad took care of her until the end. I hope she can get into assisted living soon. Hugs!!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6 that’s how I got started here too and now I’m on my 12th month!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Saturday
    logged- yes, on track.
    water- 42 oz.
    Exercise & steps: 12236
    Day 4 in my string

What a good day yesterday was. I got my whole house cleaned and laundry is done. I made a great salad for dinner and was on track with my calories. Also did day one of the yoga. Not gonna lie. It hurt but i have pain sitting on the couch too sooooo. i did it any way. just so everyone knows. my doctor recommends yoga. so the pain i am feeling is not making my condition worse. it is just who i am. sooooooo.... there you go. today is food planning and prep for the week. I plan all the food for the week on sunday because the less i leave up to last moment decisions the better i eat. you will find that planning your food is vital for success.

@Mrsbell8well the salad with the strawberries looks YUMM.. And everytime you say half way there i sing the song by bon jovi, living on a prayer!

@nstephenson01 i am so glad you are with us. i am also happy you are getting to spend some time with your hubby over the holidays. it seems to do you a world of good to have him close.

@sleepymom5 ohhh i love those jars. i need to make a star chart again too. i think it really helped. i am going to ask you again, did you start that book back? i really think you should. it seemed to really help you with the way you look at things.

@Lyssysho26 you will weigh in on tuesday and it will be what it is. try not to focus so much on the scale. it will drive you crazy. i know it does me. focus on the good things you are doing. the swimming, the activity, the more nutritious food. you are doing what it takes. the weight will come off.

@Mandi5512 formal activity is not a necessity to losing weight. Being active all day burns ALOT of calories. So although it wasn't cardio. you lost way more calories that if you were sitting on the couch. i almost had to process a deer yesterday. i was going to get my hair done and a herd of deer came out of the woods and ran across our country road. i just miss the little fawn in the middle. i was only going 30 but it would have ruined my day and the deers for sure!

@lenka1 you made those cookies? omg you are so talented. they are adorable. I bet your daughter was so proud of you. sounds like you had a great day! keep up the momentum.

@Shirin_K you are doing sooo good. i just love your attitude. we are going to have a great december for sure.

@ihp2015 i am so glad you are back. how are things? are you still working from home?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Saturday
    Food on track
    Water good
    Exercise day 1 yoga
    Steps 10,500

Worked in the morning. After stopped at my favorite thrift store. Picked up 3 pairs of jeans, pair of black work pants, black skirt and adorable red wool skirt. Plus a size medium thick dark red sweater. And a pair of old navy red plaid pj pants. It’s still amazing to me how little these clothes are. I’m set now for at least the next few months I would think. Mostly size 12 but I know size 10 pants will be here shortly.
    Loving reading all the posts.

Anyone still interested in yoga challenge...if u didn’t do it yesterday you can still jump in. It’s 30 days and December has 31 days. I keep that in mind. But you can also customize and make it your own. I wasn’t sure I could physically do all 30 days last month. A couple of days I had a headache...but I did it anyway. I think sometimes it’s more mind over matter.
    Day 2 of December. We’re off to a great start!
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well I’d be interested in the yoga challenge! I had my heart set on going yesterday but I overslept and woke up right as it would’ve been starting :(
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    logged- yes, and under
    water- 72 oz.
    Exercise & steps: 30 minutes at 3.5 on treadmill, 7 minutes on treadmill and 9,809 steps

I lost track of time or I would have had 10K. Otherwise it would have been my first day on my string. Got off to a late start yesterday so I didn't get as much done as I should have. My son dropped in for about an hour just to talk yesterday. My husband and other son were in the other room watching football and he came in and chatted with me instead. He is the one who is engaged and I really don't see him as much as I should so it was nice. For today-I plan to exercise, decorate and plan my meals for the week. I am trying to do my shopping on Mondays. I am so glad the the past couple of months I have gotten into a routine with this. I really have a good feeling that I am finally going to make some progress. Have a great day everyone!

@Lyssysho26 Just keep doing what you are doing even though your heart is not in it. You have made a lot of progress. Can you make an appointment to see your therapist? Maybe that would help? Hugs.

@Mandi5512 Santaland sounds like so much fun! I am sure you burned a lot of calories there! Nice start to December!

@lenka1 Those cookies look amazing! I would pay for those! You had a very productive day! I am happy you are feeling better. I hope the hubs and your daughter feel better soon.

@Shirin_K I like your December goals! Hope you enjoyed the yoga!

@carlsoda Glad you had a good 1st day! Thanks for the kind words.

@ihp2015 Day 8 of your string?! That’s awesome! So glad you are back!

@cyndiesstuff It is so true about the planning. I do not do well if I don’t plan. I am doing better with it though I am ready to start week 3 in the book but debating if I should give the hunger days another shot. Yesterday was the skipping lunch day. I did ok but had cereal at night. I only had 800 cal for the day before the cereal so I thought that was ok. Idk. I may just continue and if I feel hunger is a problem, go back. I am still loving the book but trying not to bug you! I would be giving you updates all the time! Lol!

@Mrsbell8well How motivating it is when you can buy a smaller size! I am so excited for you. I am squeezing into my clothes so I guess my first triumph will be fitting into my current size! Lol! You are so inspirational with how you embraced this new healthy lifestyle! You dove right in the pool while I am still on the side, dipping my toe in testing the water. Xoxo

@lennoncpa Nice scale! It will be easier to store being thin. You are well on your way to portion control December! We need to find a catchier name.. Lol! @nstephenson01 always seem to put together a catchy little phrase. Let's remember Portion control in December..too long... Btw-my son is taking his first CPA exam 12/10. I think he said it was auditing. He has been studying hard so fingers crossed.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    logged- yes, under
    water- 72 oz.
    Exercise & steps: 4 mile hike with my dogs; 15,056 steps

It was a cold, foggy day so I planned to only go for a short walk but once we got out we just kept going. Made a big batch of soutwestern chicken soup and got the Christmas tree decorated. Need to decorate the house but can't seem to get motivated. I like to crank up some Christmas songs, mix up a brandy eggnog and really get into the process but eggnog is off limits. Maybe the tree and the lights outside is all we do this year. Gotta get moving... today is strength training and yoga day.

@lennoncpa Nice!! I used to use my scale all the time in the beginning and still do for certain things. You'll find it to be a very useful tool!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @nstephenson01 We need a recipe thread! That soups sounds good. Nice day yesterday! I thought I was the only one who liked eggnog. Lol! That is on the list with peanut butter for me. I can't have it around.
This discussion has been closed.