• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Wednesday
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: quit logging as I'm drinking plenty
    Exercise & Steps: 30 minutes strength training; Day 2 of yoga; 6,736 steps
    Day 4 in my string

After losing my November momentum I'm feeling a little more optimistic. Its so hard to stay on track this time of year. Trying to keep it simple... more fruits & veggies, nuts & seafood; less beef and fatty foods. Making sure I have healthy snacks... hard boiled eggs, mandarins and nuts at the ready for when I get hungry. Steps were low yesterday because it was a snowy, windy, nasty day. Trying to drink more tea.. yesterday was the second day in a row I remembered to make a cup in the afternoon. Baby steps LOL

Wishing everyone a great day!!

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Wed
    Logged: yes, and on target
    Water: 64oz
    Exercise & Steps 45 min Leslie Sansone video and 10,051
    Day 11 in my string

Yesterday went well until nighttime. I didn't get a ton of steps helping decorate my friends house even though I felt like I was running up and down the stairs all day Lol! So after we had dinner, I was exhausted and actually was going to go up to bed around 8pm but I decided to finish up a few things, then I decided to do a Leslie Sansone video to get the exercise in and steps, then...I couldn't sleep. I was up until 4 am. I was able to sleep until 10 today but it is going to screw up my whole day AND I feel like I was hit by a truck. I kinda look like I was hit by a truck too. I also woke up to texts that everyone is coming to dinner tonight Lol! I love that they are but just not tonight. Today I have to get my hair done at 2:45 so I have a few things to do first, hopefully get to the gym with my daughter and then go. I also have to run to the store now that I am going to have dinner guests. Tomorrow I am having a "brunch" for my bunco group. I still have to plan that and it is my first holiday celebration so I am a little nervous. I need to plan that AND I need to have a plan for me for that...Off I go...the coffee isn't really helping this am, maybe the gym will.

@cyndiesstuff That is basically maintaining. It is more important that you are remaining on track especially with everything that is going on. Will they finish on time? Sorry about your client. :'(

@bbcbw nice loss! Hope all is well!

@carlsoda those holiday parties are what usually derail me. Great job limiting what you had and getting right back on track! I also am done shopping for my dog lol! Who knows about anyone else ;)

@ljdanny nice walk

@Shirin_K You will be in the 160s soon!! Great job!! I am happy you are doing so well and the group helps. I feel the same way.

@nstephebson01 Another nice loss! Sounds like you have a good plan and you are on track AND it is working. Great job. I want snow but we are getting a ton of rain instead this weekend :(

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    6tvem3wxz5qx.jpeg

I am not sure if I will be able to get on again today since I am so exhausted now. Since all the Thursday people have weighed in already, I am going to post for tomorrow.

Friday's Weigh Ins
    @DananaNanas
    @eyesopennow
    @FieryVixsin
    @lennoncpa
    @Mandi5512
    @sleepymom5

Saturday's Weigh Ins
    @KABO931
    @kirsten11872
    @Lenka1
    @mrsjas2000

Late weigh-in's
    @GlennEust
    @NicoleB0830
    @JBFitness67
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Wednesday
    Cleanse transition going well
    exercise-soon
    Yoga-Day 12
    steps-8551

I came home last night and knocked out my yoga before I had dinner. I have a to do list to get ready for my "moon" launch this weekend. Last night involved soaking seeds and nuts. Sunflower, pumpkin, pecan, walnut and Almonds. I also am soaking GF oats. I washed the new dehydrator and all it's trays. The night before I made chili oil from New Mexico Chilies that I had ordered. I was dragging a bit but still managed to get everything done.

This morning is a different story. I woke at 5:30 am bursting with energy. Molly is usually the first one up so it was nice to be the first one down stairs. I turned up the heater, put all clean dishes away, straightened up the whole downstairs, let Lula Mae out for potty and had coffee waiting for Molly when she came down at 6:30. She was pretty surprised. I was too...lol. Then I rinsed all my seeds and nuts and started up the dehydrator. I made oatmeal for Molly and Skylynn and a to go jar of hot oatmeal with blueberries and special "fairy dust" on top for my daughter Robin to take to work with her. Then I cleaned up the clutter in the dining room and set the table with our Christmas cloth and dinner plates. Once everyone was gone I did breakfast dishes, got dressed and ran to the grocery store. Came home made a detox smoothie and packed my lunch and snacks for work. (I didn't work today until 11:30). I even had time to wash and dry my hair.

So to answer your question @cyndiesstuff....my cleanse is going extremely well! I am on day 2 of transition. Tonight I am making red swiss chard for dinner with garlic and avocado. I also have kombucha squash left over from last night. I plan to sprinkle it all with my special chili oil. Just a bit for flavor boost.

When I came to work today my co-worker said "wow you can really tell that you have lost a lot of weight". haha

Team your all doing great! Keep hanging in there. This is our health and well being that we are dealing with. Is there anything more important than that???
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Today I read a bloggers post about going from being a vegan to being a meat eater. I loved that blog. It is what I have said all along...we need to listen to our intuition on what is right for us. And we have the freedom to change our path as many times as we need to. That particular blogger was a vegan for 4 years and after 3 weeks of eating meat found her health had improved leaps and bounds.
    There is no one right answer. Each of us is so different. And not only that...what works for us today may not work for us tomorrow.
    I asked Molly a few days ago about her 3 No No's and her 3 Yes yes's. She is so extremely flexible and supportive. I don't want her getting caught up in living a life that is perfect for Angelina...but maybe not so perfect for her. So I pressed again yesterday and finally got an answer from her. Her No No's are fried food (French fries), doughnuts and ice cream ...and her 3 yes's were Apples, romaine lettuce and steak. As she pondered she said also eggs and sushi made her feel more vibrant.
    We talked about strategies how we could live true to a nutrition path for both of us.
    Today grocery shopping I made a point of stopping by the fresh sushi market. They made a brown rice spicy tuna roll for me to take home to Molly. She will be so happy!
    I think the 3/3 is a good place to start for most of us. It kind of gets us to thinking about our bodies in relationship to food. Just because we are able to identify the no no's doesn't mean we have to stop eating them...but it does cause one to think about them...how often we eat them and when we are most likely to eat them.
    If food is our medicine...what are the no no's?
  • bbcbw
    bbcbw Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff @sleepymom5 thank you.
    Im struggling to do my 3 miles walk at home. It was a rough week for me because my kids are down with seasonal infections. Plus im having flu as well. Can somebody suggest me a good detox smoothie?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @bbcbw yes I can...I will have to get back to you though. For now I would look to zinc lozengers and Elderberry tonics. I actually have made my own elderberry syrup. More later with Smoothie recipe. But something that includes vit C...I love fresh squeezed OJ, strawberries (frozen), banana and kale or pineapple is yummy too.
  • Mandi5512
    Mandi5512 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Logged yes and in track
    Steps 13492
    No exercise today but on my feet alot! Had my oldest little mans christmas program tonight, made for a long night! Also ate at steak and shake today! I managed to eat ealthy, it was very difficult tho! They didnt even have low fat dressing! 😣
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having problems with their home page? I'm not seeing any new posts and it's been 2 days now. Not sure what to do. I uninstalled the app then reinstalled it and it's still not showing me any new posts. :neutral:
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having problems with their home page? I'm not seeing any new posts and it's been 2 days now. Not sure what to do. I uninstalled the app then reinstalled it and it's still not showing me any new posts. :neutral:

I'm having the same problem. Must be a MFP problem! The last update on my post feed is from Wednesday and it still says that was yesterday :/
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options

Yup, mine has been down since yesterday. Oh well...what do you expect when its free?
This discussion has been closed.