Beginning or restarting January 1st 2018

Options

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Today's Plan

Fresh Juices

Garden salad with chopped pasture raised egg, fresh pomegranate arils, cherry toms, corn, walnuts. Dressing EVOO and Meyer Lemon OR Bolthouse blue cheese yogurt dressing.

Chicken Broth OR I may get vegan Pho

I must start measuring those walnuts...they are my favorite nut...so good...but I eat too many. I still have trouble with certain things...portion control.

Have a good day, ladies!
  • silvergirl33
    silvergirl33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Magic, I'm doing well in general, thanks, though not especially SB-good. I'm just hoping to make it through the holidays without gaining too much. I'm sticking to my general SB pattern, but I've been doing too much of the wrong kind of snacking. I'm not going to frustrate myself during the holidays, trying to stick to SB and then "blowing it." As I said, I plan to do a real reboot in January. Till then, I'll just try to minimize the damage.

I'm glad your knees are better. It's so difficult to function when you are in constant pain.
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving! I'm off with hubs and his family. I feel blessed once again that he and his family are generally healthy eaters! His parents are health food vegetarian nuts and his siblings are whole foods low carbers. I'm happily at home with both and know I won't go off the rails in the coming days.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    BTW: I've been experimenting with NORI as a "wrap" for sandwiches etc.
    YUM. Today I laid out a sheet of nori and put some spicy mustard (basically horseradish (wasabi) and some turkey, cheese and arugula. YUM!!

Next up the Don Lee patties with cheese, arugula and horse radish. I predict this will be the bomb.com of lunches!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's Plan:

Fresh Juices
    TJ Salad later in the day.
    Turkey and cranberry sauce

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Today's plan:
    walk to work
    yoga for strength after work.

br: quest bar
    lu: nori wrapped turkey, cheese, mustard, arugula
    di: stir fried veggies and tofu
    snacks: almonds, tomatos and persimmons
  • magic71755
    Options
    Today's Plan

Fresh Watermelon Juice
    Carrot/Orange Juice
    Green Juice
    TJ Banh Mi inspired salad
    Turkey and cranberry sauce
  • magic71755
    Options
    Made loads of fresh juice yesterday...froze most...fresh for today and tomorrow.

Straight watermelon (friend and I are going to co op ...she goes and we share...Saturday pick up...I gave her my centrifugal juicer...she is now a juicing fool) I ended up with 8 watermelons...crazy.

Spinach, celery, cucumber, apple, orange

Carrot, orange

Picked up an Amy's Gluten Free/Dairy Free pizza at Sprouts. Going to try it out. Expensive but I needed something for Saturdays especially. Lunch is always catered and I end up caving and then regret it the next day. Joints are not happy when I wander too far from what I can have.

Also, Trader Joes has Banh mi inspired salad. Easy, fast and good for me.

Finally below 140...most of all, I feel so much better flooding my body with micronutrients which it craves.

I did buy another turkey breast to cook up for work week. Kosher, no additives...seems safe.

Have a great day!

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I love Amy's products

I'm having to watch things closely again. I stopped using one of the bio-identical hormones and BAM the scale went up. sheesh.
    today: walk to work, PiYo (about 400 calories) walk home
    (and work)

br: canadian bacon, egg, spinach, cheese cup
    sn: almonds
    lu: protein veg
    sn: babybel
    di: I'm thinking a green smoothie with hemp hearts.
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Are Amy's products high in sodium?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Still hanging in there. Re-reading "Always Hungry" by Dr. Ludwig. It reads like a well research update to the SB books. Complementary in every way. cheers!
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Enjoy your holidays, folks. Stay safe and healthy. See you next year for the reboot!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Enjoy your holidays, folks. Stay safe and healthy. See you next year for the reboot!

See you Jan 1 for the reboot!
    I'm also planning an "audit" of my eating.
    I plan to consider whether everything I'm eating is actually still SB compliant. It's hard, since Dr. A. isn't updating HIS diet anymore, but I still plan to do this.
  • magic71755
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Silver: Here's Amy's website...she has lots of options...low sodium meals being one of them.

https://www.amys.com/ Going to try and stay away for awhile...my frozen foods below:

Continuing with juicing and eating whole foods/plant based primarily. For sure no longer South Beach.

Burgers: https://www.beyondmeat.com/ is on my list to try ... have Don Lee burgers in the freezer. https://www.cookinglight.com/news/costco-sold-more-than-one-million-plant-based-don-lee-burgers

Wild caught salmon still on my list of foods to eat...that and the burgers above.

Tuna on occasion: ONLY this brand: https://www.wildplanetfoods.com/

• magic71755
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Today's plan

carrot/apple
    Joe's Mean green with spinach instead of Kale
    straight celery juice

end of the chicken from costco...just a bit

salad from Trader Joe's

sweets tonight with tea...holiday treat Panatone ...so good, hard to resist.

the end

FWIW: Since eating this way, zero headaches. I used to buy Advil by the giant bottle size from Costco. NONE in the house...I do have some pain pills for my knee 800 mg Ibuprophen ...only take when it is extreme and the CBD is not working.

But going MOSTLY WFPB has worked wonders on the inflammation in my body. South Beach was good for when I needed it. Time to move on.

My favorite gluten free bread: Canyon Bakehouse...their whole line I am sure is wonderful. It is not vegan...they use eggs.

NOW the end. Work today 10 - 6 .

Oh yes, without this way of eating, I would not be able to do my shift as easily as I do 12/13 hours Fri/Sat at 70 years . Now, I just need to start EXERCISING...SHEESH, What a lazy so and so I am.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    @magic71755 good luck where ever your journey takes you!
  • magic71755
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Thanks Sabine. I've had a few too many sweets this holiday and really notice it pain wise in my knees. Should be enough of deterrent, right? But seems I can't pass up the goodies peeps give me. I just need to toss them when I get home. That would work...but I don't, I indulge.

Yesterday I ended up ordering from Chipotle...not burrito...made up my own bowl with beans rice and veggies...good, but too much...that did not stop me...I ate the whole thing. Used door dash to deliver at work.

I still have binge tendencies...and still at my age have to watch it. NOT like the old days of binge eating when I was in my 30s let's say...but still go a bit crazy.

Today, three juices...not sure what they are...they were in the freezer. ONE, is celery. That I do know.

We get off early today, will pick up salads at Trader Joe's. Very quiet Christmas Eve tonight with Lulu.

WISHING YOU BOTH A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!
  • silvergirl33
    Options
    Magic, I know where you're coming from. This is a tough time of year to avoid temptation, which is why I'm trying to balance my days--if I overdo lunch, I try to have a salad for dinner. I'm doing the best I can, but sweets are tempting. I figure if I can limit the damage during this period, I'll follow Sabine's suggestion of a SB audit come the New Year as part of my reboot.

May you both have a Merry Christmas and a happy, safe, and healthy New Year.
  • magic71755
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Morning all. Today carrot apple and straight up celery.

Left over Christmas dinner. Turkey and veggies.

Leafy green salad!

Dessert Tea and peanut butter and apple

Have a good day after!