Leslie Sansone January 2019 Walk Challenge

texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
edited December 2018 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

It is almost January, 2019, and time to start a new monthly challenge! The very first one for 2019! So lets make January an extraordinarily awesome month while we enjoy the beginning of a brand new year, with so many possibilities for a brand new start of a healthy year ahead for us all!

Crisp and cold and even snowy weather is definitely here for many of us depending where we live. Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking in the snow or whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. Many of us use Leslie Sansone as well as other favorite instructor's walking DVD workouts such as Jessica Smith and Debbie Rocker for example, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you prefer. It is an encouragement to read each others' posts and logs.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in :) .

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration occasionally. And.... inquiring minds sometimes just want to know. So please share if you would care to :p .

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this every month, but I am truly grateful for each walker who continues to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
We are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into the first month of 2019! waving goodbye to 2018.

January is right around the corner just awaiting the turn of the calendar page...so let us walk, walk, walk into a new challenge, as well as a brand new year!!

Let's walk strong and determined this month so that this will become our most healthy year yet!

Blessings,

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    thanks for doing this again...I am trying to stay more accountable since it provides more success!
    My goal walking miles will be 90 miles logged by my fitbit for the month I am averaging about 70 now so it will make me strive a littl
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    I'm going to continue with my plan of 3 strength workouts a week.
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    I think I’ve joined this challenge before but dropped out because I set unrealistic goals. I routinely walk 4 days each week (around 6,000 steps) but am going to start small by adding an indoor walk of at least one mile every day. If I can do more then great!
  • texasgardnr
    @janna674 and @H2596, those are great goals to add some extra challenges to increase what has become more or less the norm for you! Awesome decisions!

@AnnofB, 3 strength workouts a week is an excellent goal to bring on into the new year also! YaY for you!!

My goal for January will be the same as the past two months: to do a workout/walk/or an activity that requires extra walking or exertion such as yard work, however I do it, at least 5 days a week. I am challenging myself to do it again this January.

Walk happy and strong :sweat_smile: ,

• AnnofB
    You are doing great, Mary!
  • MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    My goal for January is 93 miles (3xMiles a day for the month). It's doable.
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Happy almost 2019, everybody! My personal goal for January will be 15 miles a week (mostly Leslie and Jessica videos because it's too cold to be getting those miles in outdoors!) I know it's technically still December 30th, but since it's the beginning of the week, I'm starting my January challenge right now rather than falling into diet traps of waiting till Monday or January 1st. Need to embrace the motivation since it's finally coming back :-D Will check in after my walk!
  • eahouston
    12/30- Leslie's Miracle Miles 3 miles (weekly goal 3 of 15 miles complete)
  • eahouston
    12/31- Jessica Smith Sunset Barefoot Walk 2 miles (weekly goal 5 of 15 miles complete)
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    as soon as I get home today I am doing a video so I can not feel guilty snacking and having a few beers tonight!
  • H2596
    I’ve walked 4,045 steps so far, have a journey home from work of approximately 2,000 steps but if I promise now to do an extra 15 minutes indoors later I’ll have to won’t I?!
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Just did the Day 1 of the WalkatHome New Year's Challenge while I was at work. Did it right at my desk. :)
  • H2596
    I ended up doing 20 minutes round the block after dinner so it’s 9,562 steps and only a few hours until bedtime. Yippee.
  • texasgardnr
    Looks like you all have started a spontaneous New Year's Eve walk party today!

also joining in today from the December challenge:

@Deeder522 walking1 Mile with Nick and the other walk leaders

@VeggieGirlforLife walking another mile

@AnnofB with 44 minutes of a yoga workout and 18 minutes of 5 Boosted Miles

@texasgardnr walking 3 "Fast & Fun Miles" & 1 Walk Blaster

Happy New Year's Eve!!

• H2596
    Just under 6,000 steps in a walk this morning. A film on Netflix now and then back to a 15-20 minute walk after dinner.
  • eahouston
    1/1 New Year's Walk Challenge 2019 (1 mile) + Interval Training, the linked video for the challenge (1 mile). 7/15 miles complete for the week :) Happy new year everybody!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 981 Member
    Happy New Year. Last month I finished with just 67 miles tracked. I'm starting this month with The New Years challenge on YouTube. 6 weeks, 42 days, and a total of 80 Miles.
    I'll push this month Milage to an even 70 miles tracked.
  • lew0017
    lew0017 Posts: 127 Member
    Starting the 2019 challenge, I did 2 miles today.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Happy New Year Walker Friends!! :smiley:

I'm going for 100 miles in January. Focusing more on strength with alternating upper body, lower body and abs/core throughout each week. I prefer walking, but I'm really going to try hard to stick with my plan for the new year.
  • AnnofB
    Goal: A strength workout 3 times a week.
    1/1.... 62 minutes of aerobics with Leslie. (I did a strength workout yesterday but that was last year, ha-ha)