TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy I love a New Year!! <3

@Navydaddjtc, your family will be in my prayers!! Also, my 2019 plan is to keep pushing myself towards my goal weight. If you can help me in that area....bring it on!! :)

THE STEP PAGE IS NOW UP AND RUNNING
    I'm done with colds, overeating, and laying around like a slug!! I'm ready to get back on my treadmill and get my steps in. Please add me to the list because I NEED it!! ;)

Week 1 Team Challenge - Choose Your Theme for 2019

Love it!! My top words for 2019 are Commitment, Accountability, and Weight Loss. I will also add Treadmill, Water, and Logging to my list because that's how I'm going to get it done! :)

No Junk Food Challenge starting January 1 until January 4

Well, there isn't a whole lot of junk left in my house, but you bet I'm up for this challenge. I need a good jump start to my 2019 plan!

Check in for Sunday:
    Calories are under
    Water is under and I need to go guzzle some before bed!
    Exercise was dragging my husband all around Kohls and then to Trader Joes. I don't reccomend their root veggies fries. Nasty!! :p

I'm glad this year is over! There have been some really dark days and while the pain of losing my daughter will never really be over, I know what she wanted for me and I need to want it just as badly. Addiction comes in many forms and I've battled and won several in my life. Food is my last and I'm NOT going to let it win! I'm thankful for this group and for the support we have for each other. <3

I saw this and thought of you all. :)

vqwgmi5m2bo8.jpg
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    WELCOME YOUR NEW TEAM MATES

@deconstructeddancer
    @kem316
    @bethanie0825
    @SorakaStarChild

Me too?

Hang on, one of the moderators will check on this for you soon. I tried to, but for some reason can't access the spreadsheet this morning. Probably just a glitch for both of us!

@kres567 or @broncobuddee did anyone find out if @kindofangel2003 is a part of our team? I can't access the spreadsheet for some reason to help her out.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Introduction: Hi, I'm Tami! I live in Tennessee, but am currently basking in the sun in Florida for another week until school starts back (I'm an educator). I've been on MFP since January of 2017 (this time) and have lost, well, now I'm at 40 lbs. I was down about 7 more than that about a month ago. >:) But, it is what it is, and it's time to fix it!

Challenges: Hmmm, for 2019, I like the words Healthy Lifestyle and Weight Loss. I also like the word Encouragement, because that's what this group is so good at! But for this WEEK, I am claiming Water, Vegetables, Protein, and Steps because these are the things I will be focusing on this week.

Jen, yes, I will join you in the No Junk Food Challenge. It always feels good to get rid of the junk for a few days after a holiday season. And after today's brunch and dinner with two sets of friends and family, I'm really going to need it.

Here's to an amazing 2019 for everyone. #youcandoit
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Oh, almost forgot!

Sunday Check In
    Calories: over
    Exercise: only some light walking today
    Water: did good here
    Tomorrow: I will hit my bike early in the morning and hope to ride about 12 miles before breakfast. That's my goal anyway. Also, I'm going to continue the "only eat sitting down" thing that has helped me not snack the last couple days. Of course, it didn't stop me from eating too much while sitting down at that brunch today! But I didn't snack!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    TEAM MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES
    WELCOME YOUR NEW TEAM MATES

@deconstructeddancer
    @kem316
    @bethanie0825
    @SorakaStarChild

Me too?

Hang on, one of the moderators will check on this for you soon. I tried to, but for some reason can't access the spreadsheet this morning. Probably just a glitch for both of us!

@kres567 or @broncobuddee did anyone find out if @kindofangel2003 is a part of our team? I can't access the spreadsheet for some reason to help her out.

I went through the registration page and @kindofangel2003 is definitely assigned to our team - welcome!!! The o my piece of information missing is what day of the week you will weigh in. Once you let us know I will ask that you be added to our spreadsheet.

Thanks @UTMom81!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Team challenge:

My theme words for 2019 are:

Treadmill - I’m so excited to be back on my treadmill. I found this amazing app called Peloton which I’ve been trialing this week. I’ve decided I’m going to sign up for a membership.

Planning - this is something I need to get consistent with. Whether it’s grocery shopping, journaling or scheduling workouts in advance.

Youcandoit - because I can and I will!

Lifestyle - I really want to make habits that will become a lifestyle for me. I agree with @ka97 that slow and steady is the way to go to make long lasting changes.

Cheers to 2019! 🎉🍾
  • Kres567
    Options
    Hello from Calgary, Alberta! My name is Jen and I am one of your team captains. I am married, 43 years old with two kids - 12 and 5. I have been a team captain for a while now. Although I haven't seen huge losses just being part of this challenge has kept me accountable and from gaining a lot of weight.

I think the heaviest I have been is around 215. I managed to get to onederland in the spring of 2018 but haven't seen it again since. This is certainly a mini goal for me. Ultimately I’d love to lose 30lbs. I’m hoping I can do it this year.

Sunday check in:

Calories: under
    Exercise: 40 minutes on the treadmill including a run/walk program; 11K steps for the day
    Water: really good today

Goal for tomorrow: I don’t have New Years plans that revolves around drinking or eating. We are going to a kids party at noon (Noon Years Eve). Not much planned after that; I’ll see what the kids feel like doing. Hoping to stay on track calorie wise.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Kres567 wrote: »
    Hello from Calgary, Alberta! My name is Jen and I am one of your team captains. I am married, 43 years old with two kids - 12 and 5. I have been a team captain for a while now. Although I haven't seen huge losses just being part of this challenge has kept me accountable and from gaining a lot of weight.

I think the heaviest I have been is around 215. I managed to get to onederland in the spring of 2018 but haven't seen it again since. This is certainly a mini goal for me. Ultimately I’d love to lose 30lbs. I’m hoping I can do it this year.

Sunday check in:

Exercise: 40 minutes on the treadmill including a run/walk program; 11K steps for the day

Goal for tomorrow: I don’t have New Years plans that revolves around drinking or eating. We are going to a kids party at noon (Noon Years Eve). Not much planned after that; I’ll see what the kids feel like doing. Hoping to stay on track calorie wise.

Hi I am Mike and I am from Edmonton so we are almost neighbors
  • Jaybo37
    Jaybo37 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi All, another month and nearly a new year! How exciting😊 To reintroduce myself again, I’m Jill, I’m from Ireland - freewheeling to mid 40’s this coming year. I’ve 2 girls, married, work 30 hours outside the home in 2 places. I’m big into my walking and sometimes jogging and love being giving a run for my money in the Fitbit challenges very kindly set up by @tess5036 and others of course. I have completely lost the run of myself weight’wise over the holiday period but as I heard someone else say (I follow an online coaching group) I like them had lost so many Christmases to obsessive calorie counting & guilt, I was not doing that this year. So I ate, drank, ate some more, drank some more, and then slept😉 Only kidding! But I did eat what I fancied and I have no regrets. What I do have is a very very tight waist band so I’m returning to my 1700 calories a day, and keeping up my 10,000 to 15,000 steps a day. I’ll be more present this month and know we’ll all have great success
  • Jaybo37
    Jaybo37 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh and I wish you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful New Year
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Username: 19shmoo69
    Weigh in Week: WON
    Weigh in Day: SONday
    Previous Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 245

I saw this yesterday and immediately thought of you! Great week, too, by the way!
    3epuk659oleu.jpg

@UTMom81 that's awesome!!
    Coffee is serious business! Lol
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Mounday
    Previous Weight: 171.5
    Current Weight: 169.1 :open_mouth::smiley:
  • kindofangel2003
    kindofangel2003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I went through the registration page and @kindofangel2003 is definitely assigned to our team - welcome!!! The o my piece of information missing is what day of the week you will weigh in. Once you let us know I will ask that you be added to our spreadsheet.
    ——

Dear Kres: I weigh in on Sunday mornings. Thank you for the speedy response.

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Belated Sunday Check In
    Exercise: spinning & yoga class; got to spinning a little late, so added a short session on treadmill
    Water: on track

Today's plans: food on target, meal planning and shopping, remember water, exercise to be a long walk
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Team challenge:

My theme words for 2019 are:
    • vegetables - My meal plan is focused on vegetables!
    • Water - I want to focus more on staying hydrated. It makes such a big difference when I meet that goal!
    • thekitchenisclosed - It's so helpful to me to declare when I eat and when I don't.

@Kres567 - I am in with the No Junk Food challenge! I have a big brunch I may be hosting on Jan 1, so this is a great reminder!

• AustinRuadhain
    Options
    I WAS JUST NOTIFIED MINUTES BY MY MOM THAT MY OLDER HAS TAKEN A HUGE TURN FOR THE WORST. THE SPREAD SHEET TALLIES MAY NOT GET DONE TILL MID WEEK. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MY BROTHER AND FAMILY WILL COME FIRST. I WILL GET TO THEM ASAP.
    GREG

Hi Greg, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Ya more snow to shovel but it's a great workout. Last day of the year. I hope all have a safe and happy day. Grandchildren and their parents arrive today and tomorrow all the kids and the rest of the grandchildren arrive for a turkey dinner. I am really going to have to watch my calories and make the right choices. I know it's up to me alone to do it.
  • Kres567
    Options
    ——

Dear Kres: I weigh in on Sunday mornings. Thank you for the speedy response.

Okay great - I am going out this morning but will sort things out later today with @Navydaddjtc to have you added to the spreadsheet.
  • Kres567
    Options
    digger61 wrote: »

Sunday check in:

Hi I am Mike and I am from Edmonton so we are almost neighbors

Hey Mike! No snow for us today just really cold. Enjoy New Years with your family!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I am also wondering who might be interested in a few days of a No Junk Food Challenge starting January 1 until January 4? Try to cleanse our system for a few days??

m1q8uafemwgp.jpg

I'm in.... Lol, but I feel as if I am cheating as I'm doing the low carb thing so don't eat a lot of those things anyway
This discussion has been closed.