TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    ljdanny wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 anxiety is tough and hopefully the yoga will help. My son suffers from anxiety and depression. His meds are constantly changing trying to help him. I suggested yoga to him because he also suffers from fibromyalgia and arthritis. He thought I was crazy saying it would help him relax. His Dr agreed with me but my guess is he's a boy doesn't think he should do yoga. We are here to support you.

Yup, I've been changed on different medications for depression and anxiety so many times, at least 30 or so, a lot of hard struggles with the ones that made things much worse for me. It's been a crazy, wild ride for sure. Well, I thought my Dr. Was crazy for saying it could help, but she said it gives you a chance to learn how to breathe properly during tough situations and can help your overall outcome during anxious situations so I don't know, J need to give it a try. Yeah, I see where he might not think yoga is for guys, but millions do it. (: Hope he gives it a try if I do! Thanks for your support.

Definitely give it a try. Commit to 30 days and see how you feel after! My daughter is struggling with the same issues, anxiety, bpd, it’s hard but keep trying to move forward. Check out Adriene’s Youtube channel, she has tons of videos for beginners so you can learn the poses and I personally like her first 30 day challenge as well as this new one. Good luck, I hope it can help!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    @cafelelia I think I need to read that book! Lol! Great job!
    @ljdanny that is awesome that you stopped eating when you were full. That can be hard to do when you are out. Give yourself a pat on the back.
    @cassiegetsfit gotcha! I thought she wanted to go a yoga class. Maybe you should try the group therapy. It might be nice to hear people who may feel the same as you do. I should have my daughter try yoga. She has anxiety. It may be good for her too
    @czvanut. That soup looks delicious!
    @phoebe11276 sounds like a nice day with yoga and a hike! Your dinner sounded delicious too!
    @twyla77 you have been doing wonderful lately! Keep it going! I love how you pamper your bunny! Lol! Hope you got the treats!
    @carlsoda-hope the baby arrives soon! How exciting!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in Friday
    Food: did not log, good choices
    Water: could do better
    Exercise& steps: 2 hours skating, 13,461steps
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @hope002 Hi there Hope! Looks like you had a pretty good day! Thanks for checking in!
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Food: good
    Water: too much diet soft drink not enough plain water
    Exercise: actually made it to aqua Zumba (mostly just to get out of the house) this morning. MIsfit counted 8750 steps but some of those were aqua Zumba.

Successes: went to aqua Zumba even though I could have used packing as an excuse. Carbs stayed low.
    Opportunities for improvement: continue to flare up my back day after day. Need to make choices that are as smart as the situation allows to stop this. Moving in 4 days!!
    Focus for tomorrow; I have to let others help and stop being such a detrimentally independent little so and so.

As an aside, the house goes to settlement tomorrow =\ That’s a weird thought.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Saturday
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: 62 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 12419 steps and 20 minutes of yoga

Yesterday was a good day. i ate on plan and got some work done. i did the laundry and cleaned the kitchen. Josh, my oldest son came over and did his laundry too. then we went to my folks for a short visit. i came home and ate and then it was bed time. oh yea i forgot. i also made homemade the tortillas @carlsoda talked about. they were tasty but i think i need some practice making them.

@czvanut the first thing i do when i overdo it is put it away and move on. you cannot undo what you already did. now what you can do is spend some time making a plan for what you will do next time you are confronted with the situation and there will be a next time. what will you do differently? what steps will you take to make sure you do not overindulge? write it down. this is your first escape plan. you need to teach yourself how to behave differently. this is hard but it can be done. practice practice practice. mmmmm chicken noodle. that looks delicious.

OHHHH @Lyssysho26 look at you in first place for the most percentage lost and the most pounds lost. you are the star of the team for December!!

@DananaNanas first off i will tell you what happened, you are human. lol. put it away dana. that is just a small gain. you know how to do this. holidays are over now. get back on track today. you can do this.

@lovemickeymouse that is a great loss for your first week. good job. keep up the hard work.

And Hey! a big welcome to @hope002 and @Zumba_Luvah !! please come in and join us. spend some time reading thru the thread. we are an active team. dont be intimidate just jump right in! please go to the beginning and read my first post and the new year challenge and then lets get active! if you have any questions please ask.

@nstephenson01 you have been really enjoying the hubs being around. I am so happy for you. hang on to him for as long as you can. he is a lucky man!@!@ and what a gorgeous picture. we don't have any snow yet. which is weird for michigan. it was 48 degrees yesterday which is weird for michigan too.

@eyesopennow ok now i really was rolling on the floor laughing. ok now really but did you just try to picture it? it really is funny. lol

@Mrsbell8well first of all you smoothie sounds yummo!!! where did you get your sea weed? i love playing monoply. it is one of my all time favorite games. we need to remember that our bodies are not the boss of us. our brains are. our body may say it is hungry and i am sure it is but it is up to the brain to discern the necessity of food. good job at really listening to what your brain was saying in spite of your bodies insistence to feed it. and raw food is the old diet. i mean really old. but it makes since, at least to me, clean, i can pronounce all the ingredients. no added and unnecessary additions to the food. the taste of real food is amazing. and as to those people that were mean because you wanted to try something new. being close minded is never the answer. as human beings we are always learning and changing.

@amsandos congrats girl. you got honorable mention for december!! yayay!!! yea, i can't help you with the gym thing. the only thing i can suggest in addition to what you are doing is to find daily tasks and turn them into weight lifting projects. that way you life becomes the gym as well! your doing awesome friend.

@lenka1 slow and stead wins the race. nice loss for the first week in january. see? you just explained exactly why the scale did not move as much as you would have like. be happy girl. it is moving in the right direction. and remember, the closer you get to goal, the slower it is going to go. patience is the name of the game.

@kirsten11872 yay kirsten. and the scale went down. good job. the first week in january and a loss. let this be the momentum to get you to goal!!

@CassieGetsFit2013 first of all congratulations you tied for 3rd place overall for the most pounds lost for december. and you also received honorable mentions. yaya cassie. you had a very nice december. take some time today and really think positively about that. you did what it takes and got results. smile about it really let yourself feel good about it. you have really made great strides in your health. i am proud of you. keep up the hard work and i know it is really hard for you. and i love you psychiatrist's idea about trying yoga. Adriene has a 30 day series called True. on Utube type in the search bar adriene true and the first thing that pops up is true 30 day yoga journey 32 videos. click on the first one and that is where you start. no guessing and no decision making cassie, just start!! you can do this. and don't get mad it you cant do it. just try and keep try. because you will be able to do it someday soon if you just keep trying.

@sleepymom5 good morning captain! your body is recoving and using its energy to repair and restore after your illness. that explains why your exhausted. and yea, i just need to look and see what is out there for restaraunts. i have never looked before. on the couch resting have you started back to reading your book? you should. get back to it. you need to create new habits. and the only way to do that is by doing it.

@Cafelelia omgosh!!! good job. you really did burn some calories. i understand about the emotional aspect too. we get attached to our clothes. they reflect moments in time. who we were. what we were. it can be liberating. i glad you tackled it. good job. ohhhh and by the way. you have the cutest smile ever!! love it!

@ljdanny there are sooo many men that do yoga. you tell him Cyndie says there is nothing sexier that a limber man. lol. i hope he joins in even if it is from the privacy of his bedroom. good job at sticking to your drink limit. alcohol really lowers your inhibitions. makes it so much harder to stay on track because you have an even harder time saying no. good job.

@phoebe112476 yay you. good job on the yoga. and you are so right. i have taken many exercise classes. some i liked better than others and that all had to do with the instructor. good job for sticking to your goals. ahh and you are correct. something about being close to nature is so good for the soul. and meal planning too. wow. look at the new you go. you are making some great new habits. how is work going?

@twyla77 you have a rabbit? i use to have a bunny i rescued after a tractor plowed over it's home and killed it's whole family, including its momma. called it floppy because it lost half an ear in the accident. isn't google great to learn how to do things. imagine all of that stuff you learnt you use to have to go to the library. it was so much more difficult. good job at staying on track.

@carlsoda hey, i tried those tortillas. the ole boy loved them. i liked the taste but i don't think the consistency was quite right. when i cooked them they either seemed raw or overcooked and not pliable. any suggestions? oh yea and i didn't put them in the blender. i just mixed them real good in a blender. is that an important step? ohhhh a baby. so wonderful. what a great time. enjoy

@hope002 how are you? what are your goals? thanks for checking in. can't wait to get to know you better.

@coolchick207 uggghhhh.... the anticipation of moving is tough. you just get to the point where you want to just get it done and over with! you are doing great. how did you like zumba in the water? i love the idea.

Phew! it sounds like everyone had a great saturday. lets not let today slow us down. moving in the right direction even if slowly is still moving in the right direction

Happy sunday team and thanks to everyone! we are just an awesome team.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    h3co3ulvrisv.jpeg
    @cyndiesstuff This is what I use. I actually love that smoothie
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Mrsbell8well I understand exactly where you're coming from. Whenever I restart my weight loss (because my commitment ebbs and flows) I get really wound up about other people's choices and I get anxious when I'm in situations where I don't feel like I have control. This is usually where I tend to give up. I certainly don't have all the answers, but just breathe and remember that the only thing you can control is yourself and your own choices. And also remember that the people who love you and who matter love you through all of it, so don't beat yourself up for having flaws - they're a part of all of us. HUGS!!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff I hand mixed them, I am old school but I did roll them quite thin. My first one was under cooked but then it got better as I played around with the temp on the stove. I also watched the color and kept flipping until they had a nice golden color in spots. And yes they do taste pretty darn good.
  • sleepymom5
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Daily check in for: Saturday
    Logged: Yes and on target
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 30 min on exercise bike, 20 min Leslie Sansone video and 10,073 steps.

Ended up having a productive day. Dragged most of it but pushed through. Hit all the goals I wanted to but ate more than I should have and things I shouldn't have had. I got back to my book and the chapter I am at addressed this giving in to hunger/craving which will help me today. Nothing I didn't know but reinforced what I need to be doing. I also ordered and started reading @Cafelelia's book. I would never had thought I needed that as I keep my house pretty clean and clutter free but having been in the attic and basement so much with decorating I have realized I need to get rid of more things. And clothes, I have so many clothes in so many sizes...I am interested in what the book suggests. Today-I should finish taking down all the decorations and put them away. I am also going to get right on the bike and probably do a walking video to get steps in. Then I am going to plan the week out and get ready for it. It is also my birthday on Wed (53) so I am sure we will go out. I think everyone knows by now I won't want to go anywhere that we are going to go overboard. I should just figure out where I want to go so it won't be an issue. OK..got to get going! Have a great rest of your weekend everyone! We are back to normal this week, no Tuesday holidays lol! Bet it is going to seem long after 2 weeks of shortened weeks.

@coolchick207 it is hard to accept help when you are so independent but with your back you really need to. I am glad you realize that. I love that you do aqua Zumba! That is good exercise with your back. You are really doing well with moving in a few days! Keep it going as much as long as you can.
    @cyndiesstuff Another nice day! I have been catching up with the book and I actually left off in a good spot. Tomorrow I start my eating plan. Which I was doing all along but time to get stricter and get back to preloading and planning.
    @shirin_k I am happy to hear you are having such a great weekend! I know you will continue today!
    @mrsbell8well. I am sorry to hear about last night. Maybe your daughter needs baby steps to get to where you are. I know I wouldn’t be able to dive right in like you did. Don’t be too hard on yourself. You can’t just have a bag of something handy if people need to snack and if you prepare some veggies and people don’t eat them they will go bad. You also was expecting her to bring something healthy. You are human. You can’t be prepared for every situation. Now you know for next time to have some healthy snacks for the group. Maybe smooth things over with your daughter too. Tell her that you know how she had her progress mapped out and felt bad that the pork rinds were after she had such a healthy dinner and dessert. I think she already knew deep down she shouldn’t have had them. She has to do it on her own. I was told by a friend once when I was frustrated with my son’s choices with college. You can’t want it more then they do. If she is not truly invested like you are, then she’s not going to be successful. I wonder if you start her on the path like you did. Maybe start her on the first book and eating plan and then go from there. You’re a good Mama and just want the best for her. We all don’t want our children to make the mistakes we have. Xoxo.
    @czvanut. No you are not going to freak out and give up! Don’t let the scale control you. One night isn’t going to ruin your progress. So much goes into your weight not just fat. There is a good chance that the gain is from muscle,or fluid or maybe even where you are in your monthly cycle. Just remember, if you give up, you will be worse off than just the two pounds. Also how about the other things that come with the healthy habits you have, don’t you feel better overall when you have a good day and eat and exercise? Do it for that feeling too. You have been doing great, the scale will eventually cooperate. Keep it going!
    @ljdanny Wow! Those steps are like mine when I am aight seeing or traveling! Nice job!It sounds like you had a successful night. See how a plan can help even if it doesn’t go exactly as you thought! I was super impressed when I was looking at my newsfeed and saw you already got to Zumba! You are really doing awesome!
    @nstephenson01 Yum! That pie sounded so good! I bet you can find a recipe in those cookbooks for the puree. I also think it is healthy for dogs..or is it when they are sick to bulk up their stools...hmm...Enjoy your snowy day!
  • sleepymom5
    edited January 2019
    Options
    u5ui1a6m8g54.jpeg

Just a friendly reminder

If you are on the team for the step challenge please catch up on the thread with your steps for this week. Thank you to all who are up to date.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10714714/january-2019-step-challenge#latest

Also need weights for last week-
    @Mandi5512
    @mrsjas2000

Thank you everyone!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Daily Check for Saturday
    Food - Logged & under
    Water - 900 ml
    Exercise & steps - Physio exercises & 6333 steps

@carlsoda - Yes, I have watched the Marie Kondo Netflix series, she is amazing! Hope that baby boy arrives soon!

@sleepymom5 - I consider myself pretty organized, but when I followed the process in the book & pulled out all of my clothes at once, it was a real eye opener. Not only quantity, but why I was hanging on to certain items. I plan on doing the full tidying process for my house, likely in small chunks of time as I can manage. Am going to do kids clothes next & then encourage my husband to tackle his too.
This discussion has been closed.