TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    amsandos wrote: »
    daily check in

food logged within range - even though went for an McDonalds after the gym tried to make good choices. Ordered a grilled chicken wrap but was sabotaged by the server who gave me a crispy and medium fries when I asked for small. Shall i write some stern feedback? I never go to Maccy Ds at least it reminded me why. The queue for the drive thru was ridiculous - so much for fast food.
    water I really don't know and need to figure out a way of keep track more effectively
    exercise 32 mins running (thought it was more) and a weights.

Anyone have any ideas on how to track weight training, even tracking on MFP you don't get a calorie score. I guess it is a tricky thing to figure out. I already log them in a work out folder so don't see the point of doing more admin if I am not going to get credit LOL.

Me personally, I never track calories burned by exercise. I tend to over estimate...and so does my fitbit!! One thing I would say is make sure you increase your protein so your muscles heal and build! That's your goal..to get stronger muscles :)
  • carlsoda
    Options
    @cyndiesstuff - here's the link to the recipe. Very easy to make!

https://www.gnom-gnom.com/grain-free-keto-tortillas/
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Morning all! Yesterday was a great day, the only "bad" thing I had was some lefsa with a tiny bit of brown sugar on it. But it was with our New Years Dinner of roasted turkey and air fried root potatoes. I'd say I did great!

Water was great too - 2 - 32 oz bottles of water and 3 cans of bubbly water.

And...anyone who has a fitbit..here's my user ID. I would love to have more friends!!

www.fitbit.com/user/24K3CQ

Have an amazing day everyone!!

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 your in my prayers. Consider it huge progress that you are on this team and continuing to post. You don't have to be perfect...but being here and present is such a big plus. Keep showing up Cassie. We love you just the way you are. We are on this journey together.
    @sleepymom5 I loved your virtual hike! Good luck with your new job etc.

Everyone else...great job posting. Lot's of wonderful energy as we start this new year together as a team.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda: I just sent your an invite to connect on Fitbit :)
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @amsandos I don’t know how to track calories burnt when lifting.
    I use my watch but it’s just counting steps, doesn’t monitor heart rate. So I put what it says for burnt calories based on steps but I can assure you it’s not accurate lol bc it gives me like 75-80 cal for an hour of sweating my butt off lol 😂

So no help there, maybe you can get it measured more accurately if you have better watch.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in - Did good yesterday with water - added a cup while working the puzzle which is now about half done, and trying to add more today - maybe 1/2 cup more. Got in 6795 steps - about 600 more than Monday. Under my calorie goal so maybe that will help with weigh in on Friday.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and happy new year. My name is Beth and I'm new to the team. I had typed out a long intro and then something happened and it disappeared so I'll try again. Hopefully it won't show up twice.
    A little about me. I married my high school sweetheart at 18 and had 4 wonderful children. Unfortunately we got divorced in 2013 after 24 years of marriage. I had a rough time for a couple years and got up to 276 pounds. In 2017 I got down to 250 and in 2018 I reached 208 but was back up to 220 by the end of the year.
    I have a goal that I call 50 by 50. I want to lose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday in February 2020.
    I had a diet Mt dew addiction for a long time but I gave up all soda last year. Now I need to work on my potato addiction. Carbs in general are a problem for me. I do well when I stay away from the carbs but then a simple piece of bread will whisper to me in a moment of weakness.
    I go to the gym every morning before work and really enjoy it. Then I go to work at my stressful job as a CFO. I only get about 4 hours of sleep each night due to having restless leg syndrome which is getting worse.
    I look forward to getting to know everyone and to go on this journey together.

Welcome @lovemickeymouse! I worked as a secretary to a CFO for years. You have one stressful occupation and thankless often times. I've had issues with restless leg syndrome myself. You have probably tried everything so this may be useless but I found bananas and lots of water help me. I eat a banana almost every morning whether I want it or not. Good luck. Hope you find some relief.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Well I didn’t do very well at work today with my water! I was so busy that my large glass of water sat there on my desk all day and I dumped it out at the end of the day! So I just got home and chugged 5 glasses of water! This was not the way I planned it!!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    Morning all! Yesterday was a great day, the only "bad" thing I had was some lefsa with a tiny bit of brown sugar on it. But it was with our New Years Dinner of roasted turkey and air fried root potatoes. I'd say I did great!

Water was great too - 2 - 32 oz bottles of water and 3 cans of bubbly water.

And...anyone who has a fitbit..here's my user ID. I would love to have more friends!!

www.fitbit.com/user/24K3CQ

Have an amazing day everyone!!

Sent a FitBit invite!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Well I made it out of bed bright and early this morning, even though I didn't want to. I did pretty good with my food and water today. I did have 1 snack I should not have had.
    As for what I'm going to do with my money I'm saving for working out, I think Im going to buy a new food scale and regular scale. I would like a better scale because I think mines broken, lol. Maybe when I reach $100 is when I will go buy them.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 hey girl! we're here for you whether you're having a good day or a bad one! As you probably know by now I struggle with depression too and it's really doing me in lately.. I've been on zoloft since LAST January when I started making some changes in my life and it helped for awhile but doesn't seem like it any more. My doctor and therapist think a change is in order but I just wanted to get through the holidays first in case I don't have a good reaction to something new. According to them not everything works for everyone, that's why there are so many to choose from! My blood pressure has been sky-high recently too. I'm sure that's why. Keep going to your appointments and keep going to yoga and don't let the depression win. And if you're sad and bored send me a message and we can be sad and bored together <3

Thanks for the message. I'm glad yo k ow everyone here cares so much and will be here for the good and bad days. Yes, i know you too, struggle qith depression. I read all the posts, or try to anyways! I've been on Zoloft before, was actually one of the first ones I ever tried when I was 13 and it made me act out a lot so they took me off it. I've been on MANY different things I've either been allergic to, more depressed, more suicidal, hallucinations, and other things. It's been one crazy roller coaster after another, that's for sure! You were smart not to change things right at the Holidays, you know my Aunt uses me a lot and she even begged me not to start anither medicine right now cause then if it bothered me I wouldn't have been able to clean and do chores. 🙄 I started it anyway cause I gotta do things for myself sometines. Always doing so much for others. You must have got something mixed up cause I've never been to a yoga class in my life! Hehehehe. 🙃 Well, I have Hypertension, but I do know my anxiety raises it a lot, been on high BP meds for years, when I ODed I was taken off everything and that was last July so I'm still not on everything keeping it stable yet, but I did read that even antidepressants ca. raise your BP. Go figure! I see my Psych tomorrow at 4PM, alrrady worried, nervous and anxious and counting down the time! Luckily my Clinician comes with me and helps me get out what I need to say if she knows I've gotten to nervous to continue talking so that really helps. I'm sorry yours isn't working for you anymore and hope you and your team can get you back on something that helps! Thanks, I just might take you up on that offer! 😋

• nstephenson01
    Options
    l3jrfkhiybn6.jpeg
    odwktzc9ustp.jpeg
    New Years Day hike!

What fun pictures @Mrsbell8well! Looks like a lovely place!!
  • nstephenson01
    Options
    Love your shore picture @sleepymom5! I could look at that all day. Being a transplant to Montana from California I miss the ocean and beach soooooo much.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE THESE CHALLENGER HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO YOUR TEAM
    PLEASE WELCOME THEM
    THANKS GREG

@Venture4th
    venture4th
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Starting weight: 185
    2019 is the year for me!

@Rhea81
    I'm new here. Please tell me what I've missed and need to do.

MFP User ID : Rhea81.
    Weighed in today, Tuesday, 1/1/19 - 167
    Steps 12/30 - 8120
    Steps 12/31 - 4785
    Steps 1/1 - still going, will post in the morning.
This discussion has been closed.