TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 its moving in the right direction. look out onederland, here comes pam.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Ignore my earlier post. I couldn't delete the post about the kitten or change it. When my post first went out it wasn't corrected but they did catch it eventually. So my post doesn't make sense and for some reason my edit wasn't saving.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    czvanut wrote: »
    Need some help from y'all... Tomorrow the hubs and I are going out with friends. Doing a wine tasting during the day, then meeting up with other friends for the evening.
    I'll be pressured to drink a lot even after the wine, and one guy in the group is going to relentlessly tease me about dieting. I'm trying so hard to break that barrier into the 150s.
    What can I say to keep him off my back? What can I say to myself to keep my will power going? What do y'all do or say in social situations?

I don't know if it helps, but first enjoy yourself, 2nd when I went to a brewery once I had a sip and gave the rest to my husband. Can you discreetly pour some of your wine into his glass? Just do your best and above all have fun!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    I m loving all your words of the year! And phrases Mike lol.

It’s so impressive to see how much weight many of you have lost. I was 5’6” all my life. Now I’m 5’4”. It’s interesting to me to see others goal weight and to see others close to my same journey. My normal category weight is 142. I have small bones so I’m thinking I could go down between 132-135? It was interesting to see everyone on their journey.
    I’ve never been one to lose weight quickly. Now to see myself dropping 2 pounds a week is mind boggling. It is fun. I have found my groove. I too feel like I’m more lenient after weigh in. But I remind myself that I’m not at maintenance yet. I’m still watching my hunger levels and making sure I have plenty of fruits and vegetables.
    I’m putting my “raw” diet off for now. Instead I add more raw foods. Leftovers may go on a bed of raw spinach sprinkled with red cabbage and mixed bell peppers.
    I’m also looking again at balancing my macros. I made a lovely peanut quinoa cabbage salad. It had fat from peanuts, protein from quinoa and edamame and carbs from carrots and cabbages. Yummy and so balanced.

I'm 5'4" and I started out around 165 lbs or so, sitting at 149 now. I was down to 137 a couple of years ago and I was pretty happy there. My main goal right now is just to get back in my size 8 jeans :) I think our journey weight wise is the same but we're on completely different eating plans. My body does well with low carb otherwise I just crave and crave sugar all the time. I honestly think it has to do with my genetics, type O+ blood and english heritage so I must have some sort of paleo blood in me (hehe) It's so interesting how all of us are all different! And that's how it should be - we need to do what is right for us not someone else!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    I was 5’6” all my life.

Wow, your poor mother......

LOL!!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    @sleepymom5 - what was wrong with your chicken thighs? Did they taste too "chickeny" The one thing I've found with chicken is you need to buy good quality chicken and it tastes so much better. I buy the fresh packs of organic chicken from Costco or Bell and Evans from the grocery store when it's on sale. Yes, it's more expensive, but it doesn't taste like an animal :)
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week 3
    PW - 156.5
    CW - 154.5

Ok, so being sick and on antibiotics did help my weight loss this week. Kind of a miserable way to do it but good to make some progress. Looking forward to a full recovery so I can catch up on my tidying project.
  • carlsoda
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Good morning all!

Yesterday was a great day - my shoulder survived yoga and continuing to heal (yay!!), got in my steps, water and had great food yesterday. I had my most favorite dinner in the world: chicken breast sauteed with Lemongrass Basil Curry sauce over riced cauliflower/broccoli/carrots. Yum yum yum!!

This weekend I'm planning to make some more low carb tortillas for next weeks lunches and maybe cut up all my veggies to make it easier to pack enough food.

In regards to this weeks challenge, I have always wondered about IF but I get too hungry. Who is successfully doing it? What am I doing wrong? Once 7:30 am hits I'm starving for breakfast!

Have a great Friday everyone!!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    week 3 check in
    Friday
    ID: pacsnc6
    PW: 166.4
    CW: 166.8
    steps 36,107 - not as much as I'd hoped for but then didn't wear the watch for 100% either!

only a small gain this week - I'm good with that!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda another nice day! I am the same with the IF, the morning is what would get me. I will message you about the chicken. I think you may have hit the nail on the head though
    @hope002 Don’t let that derail you. A gain can be from a number of things. Read the article cyndie posted. Just stay on track!
    @cafelelia Fab loss! Hope you continue to feel better.
    @nstephenson01. Love how you have balance. Enjoy the celebratory dinners! Thanks for sharing the recipe too. That looks yummy!
    @pacsnc6. You’re right that is not bad at all! Sounds like you are doing great so keep doing what you are doing!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I haven’t wAtched that intermittent fasting video yet! But I def want to and will - prob tonight in bed.

I have been doing it since November and it really works for me. I do 17/7 most days.

Eat from 12pm til 7pm and it works great. I work out on empty stomach most days and feel more motivated and push myself when I don’t have food in me.

But it def doesn’t work for everyone. Idk about weight loss wise but with IF my cravings are gone. And I almost never feel truly hungry. I eat 2 times a day most days - simply bc I should eat and fuel myself but I physically am rarely hungry anymore. I love intermittent fasting!
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 your doing just fine. sometimes you just cant get in the steps. that's ok. We have all used food as a crutch many times. it is how we got where were at today. but look how well your doing. you learning new ways to handle stress. good job. you just keep working at it.

@hope002 that's just a small gain. don't let it bring you down. shake it off and move on. you got this.

@Cafelelia yes! that is a nice loss. good job.

@carlsoda yeah! you can do yoga again. I am so happy your healing. and your dinner sounds so yummy. mmmmmm

@nstephenson01 nope yesterday was not a fluke. you did it girl. the scale went down.

@pacsnc6 very small gain. no problem. you got this. I love water aerobics. I just can't find the time. you are doing awesome. keep that up!!

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @nstephen01 thanks for posting that recipe. Cauliflower is my favorite recipe and farro one of my favorite grains. I can’t wait to try it. I have all the ingredients.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda great job! I’m excited to get to where you are. Thanks for all your support. Hmmmm I’m looking forward to size 8.
    @sleepymom5 those salads last 5 days. Yes make it early in the week.
    I haven’t done zones. I’ve been thinking of you as I clean each room. I remember when u did this. I will start the zones in February when everything is done. Fyi...for other team members...I follow “fly lady zones”. You can google her system.
This discussion has been closed.