TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Daily Check in for Wednesday

Food - Logged and on target
    Water - 800 ml
    Exercise - worked with my physiotherapist (intense!) and 8679 steps

Today is my one year anniversary on MFP! I am not where I thought I would be with my weight, but am happy nonetheless as I had a great year overall, in spite of my injury in the fall.

@cyndiesstuff - I am echoing everyone else, but hang in there! The article that you posted was great and there are so many reasons why the number on the scale may not change, even when you are doing all of the right things. Thanks for your honesty & positivity!

For @Mrsbell8well
    Starting weight - 167 lbs
    Current weight - 156.5 lbs
    Loss - 10.5 lbs
    Goal - 130 lbs
    Height - 5’ 3’’
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @cyndiesstuff hey girl...impressive string! What a great week you’ve had. Your doing everything right!!!! It’s so sad the scale dictates our sense of well being. Congratulations on another great week. Stay the course. The scale will adjust to your efforts!
    @nstephenson01 you just found that out first hand!!! Great loss. Proud of you for staying with it.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Quick check in... I took 2 days vacation starting today. I am cleaning every nook and cranny for the next 5 days. Finished bathrooms today and 4 hours in Skylynn’s room. I just need to do her closet tomorrow.
    Nite nite all. Have a great weekend!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Need some help from y'all... Tomorrow the hubs and I are going out with friends. Doing a wine tasting during the day, then meeting up with other friends for the evening.
    I'll be pressured to drink a lot even after the wine, and one guy in the group is going to relentlessly tease me about dieting. I'm trying so hard to break that barrier into the 150s.
    What can I say to keep him off my back? What can I say to myself to keep my will power going? What do y'all do or say in social situations?
  • Mrsbell8well
    @czvanut wow that’s a challenge. But it is doable. I have realized this is about my health and even though I have tremendous support, it’s truly very personal and all about me. This is not about anyone else this is about me. My journey, my health...both mental and physical. The event will come and go. Visualize the outcome that has you confident, in control. What did you do? How much did you drink? What number do you see on the scale? How do you feel that night when you go to bed? This isn’t about being on a diet. This is so much more. Now visualize what happens when your out of control or you let others influence you? Have you seen others with a 4 pound weight gain in 1 week? That could be you. Or bloated hungover? Which scenario do you prefer? And once your derailed it’s so hard to get back on track. I think as women we feel we need explanations or justifications. I learned a long time ago to just say no. “No thanks”. If pushed “I don’t want anymore”. That’s it. No one has the power to make us drink or eat what we don’t want. And I realize sometimes we want more. Stay the course. Make the tough decisions now before you venture out. Have fun!!! I’m really working on focusing on the social aspect and less on food and drink. You can do this!
  • Mrsbell8well
    I m loving all your words of the year! And phrases Mike lol.

It’s so impressive to see how much weight many of you have lost. I was 5’6” all my life. Now I’m 5’4”. It’s interesting to me to see others goal weight and to see others close to my same journey. My normal category weight is 142. I have small bones so I’m thinking I could go down between 132-135? It was interesting to see everyone on their journey.
    I’ve never been one to lose weight quickly. Now to see myself dropping 2 pounds a week is mind boggling. It is fun. I have found my groove. I too feel like I’m more lenient after weigh in. But I remind myself that I’m not at maintenance yet. I’m still watching my hunger levels and making sure I have plenty of fruits and vegetables.
    I’m putting my “raw” diet off for now. Instead I add more raw foods. Leftovers may go on a bed of raw spinach sprinkled with red cabbage and mixed bell peppers.
    I’m also looking again at balancing my macros. I made a lovely peanut quinoa cabbage salad. It had fat from peanuts, protein from quinoa and edamame and carbs from carrots and cabbages. Yummy and so balanced.
  • Mrsbell8well
    pn6iq4dyi2kb.png
    This is what I made yesterday. It’s from “a virtualvegan.com if you would like the recipe. We gave it 5 stars ⭐️
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Daily check in for: Thursday
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: 50 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 14150 steps
    18 day string on new plan

I continued my string of days on my new eating plan and didn't break it. It was hard. But I did it. I must have told ED to shut up a dozen times. I made a delicious dinner. I was homemade tortillas, grilled chicken breast, cashew sour creams, and a lemon cabbage and green pepper slaw. YUMMMMMM... Diet food. Lol.

@lenka1 you are so right consistency is the key.

@ihp2015 yayay Irene. 1/3 of the way there is great. good job.

@czvanut putting ED in his place is difficult but I did it yesterday and I can do it today. that is a very interesting article. I am going thru menopause so I am sure that plays a role in my weight loss too. In social situations like that, moderation is the key. commitment to not go over board and still allow yourself to have a good time. as for the bully, tell him exactly what you think about his behavior. and walk away. no anger. just the facts. and for helping you keep your will power strong, try writing yourself a note you can stick in your pocket. write on it the reasons you need to be successful tonite. and then every time you go to the bathroom, pull it out and read it. just imagine how much momentum you will get if you get thru this successfully.

@Cafelelia Yayayay one year. good job not giving up. that's half the battle.

@Mrsbell8well thanks for your continued support. you are always a bright spot on our Team. just think of all the calories you burnt yesterday doing all that cleaning. Awesome.

@eyesopennow I think most of us have a problem with ED. that's how we got here in the first place. you made me smile a big smile mike. thank you for that. you are an awesome human being!! lets kick ED's butt to the curb in 2019. lol.. I just read your second job, I literally laughed out loud in my office! sooo fricken funny. and that is movement in the right direction. keep at it. 2019 is our year.

@twyla77 I am so glad you have fun at the spa and you didn't over indulge too much. Now right back at it today girl!!

@hope002 I totally get what your saying. in Feb last year for valentines day, my fiancé got me a box of chocolates. he knows I have been dieting for over a year. what was he thinking? I had a few more than I should have and then let him eat the rest. he had good intentions.

@lennoncpa that's just a small gain. get right back to it. don't let it set you back.

@DananaNanas maintain's are good. you will get there. keep working on it.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,470 Member
    Username: sleepymom5
    Weigh in Week: week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 205.2
    Today's weight: 205
This discussion has been closed.