TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE JANUARY 2019 TEAM CHAT

Options

Replies

• phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @eminater - ONEderland is such a great goal. I can’t wait to hear that you have made it! I love your statements about nutrition and fitness. I have been struggling with how to say the EXACT same thing all day today. I have the same goal.

What is your plan to accomplish? I took my first ever Yoga classes the last two days and enjoyed a lot. I signed up and pls. To take weekly yoga. I am considering joining Curves or similar for a very simple circuit to get me started. Not exactly sure yet. Now that the days are getting longer I hope to be able to start walking my dog again. Very hard with work and such short day light now. Would love to hear your plan.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    @eminater - ONEderland is such a great goal. I can’t wait to hear that you have made it! I love your statements about nutrition and fitness. I have been struggling with how to say the EXACT same thing all day today. I have the same goal.

What is your plan to accomplish? I took my first ever Yoga classes the last two days and enjoyed a lot. I signed up and pls. To take weekly yoga. I am considering joining Curves or similar for a very simple circuit to get me started. Not exactly sure yet. Now that the days are getting longer I hope to be able to start walking my dog again. Very hard with work and such short day light now. Would love to hear your plan.

Hi - For January I am doing the 21 day walking challenge. I just posted in the challenge section of the community page :smile:
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Good evening everyone! You guys are super active so I had a lot
    Of fun reading through!

My husband is back to work tomorrow, and my daughter goes back preschool this week (it’s only 2 mornings a week but boy I will enjoy some alone time :)

I can’t wait to get back to “normal routine”

@amsandos I know what you mean with repetitive lifting routine.
    I did some basic one for 9-10 weeks and it was a little bit boring but seeing the changes and upping weights helped. Starting yesterday my husband and I put together a new one for next 12 weeks.
    It’s good to change things up. I did first workout yesterday and I’m so sore lol 😂 If you have Instagram, there’s so many awesome girls that lift. I follow their pages and they post complete workouts couple of times a week so you can always get some inspiration from there.

@DananaNanas I think it was you who asked me how I ended up here :)

Well I married here. I worked here during summers - like 8-10 years ago and I met my husband but we kind of were dating long distance for almost 2 years and one time he just came to see me and we went to Prague for a weekend and he proposed to me on the Charles bridge lol it was a shocker and it was the hardest decision of my life bc I knew I’d have to move and leave everything and everyone behind. And as much as I love being here, to this day it’s very tough being so far away from my family... especially after I had my daughter, I get some talks from my parents - and it makes me sad and guilty feeling that I took their chance to see their grandkids growing up but oh well, one of us had to sacrifice if we wanted to be together..

@Mrsbell8well great pictures! :)

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 - I think you are just intimidated by cooking, baking. My cookies were super easy to make and blanching asparagus means boiling for about 3 minutes or so. Easy peasy!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well - omg you are so lucky, what a beautiful place to hike. Too cold here to do any outdoor activities at all. I think the high was 1 today. Everyone looks so happy!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    @czvanut Mixing drinks can do that to you. Looks like you had a great day even though you didn't feel well.
    @mrsjas2000 I am bad with food being put out in front of me too. I try to have a plan now so I don't eat as much. I try not to be too hungry, bring something I can eat, and position myself out of reaching distance from the food. I also have been conscious lately of how much more I seem to eat than other people and quite frankly it is embarrassing so that is helping me too. Lol!
    @eminater It is nice to look back and see all you have accomplished in a year. Sounds like you have a good plan for 2019 too! I hope to be well into Onderland by this time next year too. I feel like I am the opposite of you, I am good with the exercise, the nutrition part I am still working on. I think 2019 will be a good year for us!
    @phoebe112476 Your dinner looks so good! Did you make that? Yum!
    @Lenka1 Wow! That must have been such a hard decision. I hope you get to visit your family and they get to visit you here. I know traveling is expensive though.
    @carlsoda I think you are right. I am intimidated. My daughter and I have been trying to do one new recipe a week so I am getting a little better. Thursday I am going to try sesame Chicken. We have a pinterest board-recipes to try and recipes we liked. So I am stepping out of my comfort zone a little bit Lol!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for: Tuesday
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: 75 oz
    Exercise & Steps: 10164 steps and yoga

What a nice day yesterday. I ate good. Felt pain, like usual and also had a slight headache and fatigue. Had a visit with my folks. It was moms 86th birthday. I never though about my parents being old until just recently. Looking at them i realized it won't be long and i won't have them any more. don't take anything for granted. love with all your heart every day. you won't be sorry.

@Mrsbell8well i feel the same way about fat. i recorded my food yesterday and there was a lot of fat. good for you fat, mind you but fat just the same. exercise in the cold morning air is so refreshing. i agree. love the pics of your fam and friends. what a beautiful tradition. and .4? water weight and the holiday. it will fall right off, just like your jeans, in a day or two. maintains are good.

@Ashleigh1178 i love your attitude. allowing yourself the holiday and then back on track is a great way to plan your weight loss. it works for many people. ahhhh you and i girl with the bread. that is one of my trigger foods. i have gotten rid of it out of my diet too. today is the 3rd day. i have been having cravings like crazy.

@amsandos when you eat chinese make sure to drink lots of water. that stuff is loaded with sodium. but ohh so yummy. and mcdonalds in not your friend. lol. those sabotaging teens had it out for you! good thing you made it out of there alive. medium fry. pfttt....

@phoebe112476 that is just awesome. what a great loss for over the holidays. I am glad you have found some exercise that you enjoy. the yoga is so good for you. and who cares if you were in the bottom level. you need to start where your at. I have heard good things about curves. i think they let you try it for free to see if it's a fit for you. give it a try. whats the worse that can happen? you find you don't like it and you got a free workout? and your dinner looks amazing. making me hungry. who ever said diet food is boring? lol

@carlsoda i would be really interested in those low carb tortillas. would you please share the recipe. they look like they will fit into my plan.

@pacsnc6 i love your challenge with the water and the puzzle. way to work the plan girl.

@jedaschultz thats just a small gain. this is going to be your year. i can just feel it. I love your goals. have you thought about how your are going to control your impulse to eating sugar and carbs? try making a list of 4 things you can do instead and post them around the snacks. then if you feel the urge you can read them and pick one and work on changing that bad habit. good luck. it is totally doable. you got this.

@sleepymom5 yes. good job getting back on track. i am so glad you are feeling some better. it is really hard being under the weather. you two and your virtual hike. sounds amazing. i am glad you got outside. being close to nature helps heal the sole. and look at the new you go. i am so proud of you for sticking to your plan for your celebration. it will soon become habit, in fact it almost is now. yes!! a healthy habit in the new year! and thanks for the praise. it has been a tough couple of months for me. but i don't give up... thanks! taco tuesday had me rolling on the floor laughing. i had to share. the shore looks lovely this time of year. what a beautiful picture.

@Lyssysho26 maintains are good. you don't really even need to detox if you don't want to. just start from here and get back to eating healthy. you are doing great girl.

@ljdanny i agree about feeling like a bag of crap as you so eloquently put it. then when i am feeling like that i eat like crap too. so you did very good my friend. 2019 is going to be a great year. what are you going to buy when you reach your goal? what is your goal with the jar? good luck going back to work. it's gonna feel like a monday.

@nstephenson01 isn't it funny when we start eating healthy that we notice how unhealthy we really were. you would have never thought twice about no veggies before the weight loss journey. good job at making new habits. they are sticking in your mind.

@czvanut ohhh no, i hope you are not coming down with something. good job on meeting your goals. the first day of 2019 is in the history books and that was the best first day because you met your goals. omgoshhhhh... look at that loss for the first week in January. be excited. good job. awesome

@mrsjas2000 sounds like your ready to start a new plan. spend some time and write out what you want to do. make a commitment to you. putting it in writing really helps. be specific about your plans. what will you do today to further yourself to your ultimate goal.

@eminater love love love your reflection. how insightful. and you are on an amazing journey. an amazing gigantic journey. one step, one day, one hour at a time you will get there. because you have proven to yourself that you are worth every minute!!

@lenka1 routine is really good for weight loss and health. helps take the guess work out of it all. thats why so many people flounder on the weekends. learn to plan your weekends like you do your week and they will be so much easier.

@CassieGetsFit2013 maybe you need to talk to your doctor. by now your antidepressant should be helping not making things worse. not every antidepressant is made for everybody. some will work for you and some won't. and talk to your counselor about it as well. work on some coping skills for your boredom. i know how tough this has been for you and we are all hoping for the best for you. understand that you are putting in the work and the results will happen. it just may take a while. tie a knot at the end of your rope and hang on. better days are coming.

• cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @ihp2015 I always say this, maintains are good. Especially when it comes to the holidays! Now let's kick it in gear and get that weight loss started girl. 2019 is going to be our year lookout onederland here comes Irene
  • Shirin_K
    Shirin_K Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Daily log in for: Tuesday
    Logged: Yes, under
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: 45 minutes plus yoga (Day 11 of Adriene 30 Days of Yoga)
    Steps: 13,944

Yesterday went well, stayed under calories and got my steps in. Also restarted yoga, which felt wonderful. My husband is back to work today and my son is back to school, so my daughter and I are back to our usual schedules, too.

Hope it’s a great Wednesday for everyone!
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    Daily check in for: Tuesday
    Logged: Yes and under
    Water: at least 88 oz (easy to be thirsty when you are breathing through your mouth all day Lol)
    Exercise & Steps: I did 60 min and 3 miles beach walk and 11,655 steps

Another good day yesterday! AND feeling better today! Today I have a lot to do so I have to run. We have no food in the house, I have some returns to make and I need to go to my husband's office to scan some documents to my new employer. I am hoping I am not making a mistake. My last two jobs (and a few others) I took to help people out. This does not seem like something I am going to like and it involves sitting and looking at charts. I am only committed for the spring and I will have the summers off. That would be nice for the shore. Ugh! I said I would so I will. It starts the end of January. I wish I didn't have to do all this paperwork. I need to find a job that is satisfying AND gives me the summer off ;) or even a volunteering position. I am at a cross roads, kids are raised and I need to figure out what I am doing for the rest of my life. Oh well, one day at a time. I am good through the spring now at least, maybe I will figure it out this summer. So for today, get this paperwork out the way, get some healthy food in the house, get on my new stationary bike for some exercise and we are having zucchini lasagna for dinner. We are taking it to my daughter's house because she has a new puppy who is a little on the nervous side so we are going to wait to introduce her to Daisy. My son also got a puppy last week. He is high energy and tired Daisy out so looks like two different little personalities.

Hope everyone has a great day! I am so confused, I feel like it is Monday! Lol! Short week this week...

Cassiegetsfit2013 I already responded to your boredom post on your newsfeed so I won’t go into it too much here. A suggestion I would have is that maybe you should schedule your day with things you want to accomplish and things you enjoy. That may give you something to look forward to each day. More importantly, it is good that you are seeing your psych tomorrow and have appointments with your counselor and doctor next week. I know you don’t feel like you have but you have been doing great. Try to keep it going. Hang in there.
    @amsandos. McDonalds is the same way here. At the drive through you don’t even get what you ordered sometimes lol! Sounds like you had a good day anyway. I can’t help with the weight training. I don’t always log it here but it would just be for you to keep a record of so if you are doing that somewhere else it seems redundant. Hopefully @lenka01 can help with the calorie score. She does a lot of the weight training. You are doing great! Keep it going!
    @czvanut Awesome loss! What a way to start 2019! Especially after the holidays!
    @mrsbell8well. No worries, maintains are good. I know you will have a big drop next week!
    Love the new profile pic!
    @cyndiesstuff great start to the New Year! It’s funny you said that about your parents, my Mom is 84 and my aunt is 83. It seems like this past year they both now seem elderly. They never seemed that way before. It is sad. It also makes me think about what is in store for me down the line....I have to say, we must have the same goofy sense of humor, I was dying with the Taco Tuesday! I was even chuckling last night when I scrolled by it again.
    @ihp2015 Maintaining through the holidays is not bad at all!
    @danaNanas. I like the idea of checking in with the drinking. It is a huge problem for me when I go out and I want to get it under control before the summer.
This discussion has been closed.