Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,030 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) John and Laurie arrived yesterday afternoon and later I made a delicious filet dinner on the new indoor/outdoor grill they gave me for Christmas. It is easy to clean and I know it will get lots of use. Today is pizza at Max's birthday party so there go the few ounces I lost. I love having them here not only because I do love them but they are always such good guests and help me with everything, like cooking and dishes. <3

Jeri, I ditto Lin and hope the week goes fast for you.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Oh yes the bill goes up by leaps and bounds when you go purely organic. It's interesting when you can view all the different varieties and prices on an online page between organic and non organic. Both my sons opt for organic these days because they think this is why, touch wood I have been relatively healthy throughout life so far. Good at breaking bones mind, but that's usually clumsiness. I have never bought ONE potato before, hilarious! This is because I didn't put "optional" against a 10 lb bag of white potatoes. (Anne's a twit.) I'm quite happy with russets, Yukon gold, or whatever else the stores got! I'm usually broke because I've bought organic for more years than I can remember, but consider it worth the cost. 20% extra is a good estimate here in Canada as well JACKIE.

Mike came over with his homemade French onion soup as his contribution to lunch yesterday. It was delicious and I'm sure both sons could get chef jobs in restaurants if they ever get laid off.

JERI, it does seem that all is well after such a worrisome time. I sincerely hope so.

I'm having my morning coffee. The milk comes in a GLASS BOTTLE and you get a dollar refund if you return it. Anything to save the planet from all this plastic!

We've just got back from our walk and it's garbage and pick up Christmas tree day. I really pity the poor garbage men. Interesting walk to say the least!
    Annie.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello sneakers. I am a very small but better today. Still creeping along and at times in a good deal of pain. BUT there are now times when there is very little pain. My range of movement to better...not great by any means. That’s enough of that kind of news!

Very cold here and cloudy of course. John is putting a nice fire in the wood stove and we have a lot of those funny battery candles. I have a whole group of them in front of the fireplace, they are pretty and cozy flickering on the hearth. I love early morning coffee, looking at the candles and planning my day. when it is really cold, the fireplace can just suck the heat out our living room if we try to have a fire in the fireplace.

I have yet to use the grocery delivery option. I am not sure it is available out in rural areas. John loves to go to Costco because he is like I am about the books and anything interesting and new. He is sort of a nut about socks. He loves thick socks and work gloves. John also likes to shop in the tool and computer part of Costco. (?). Costco has a lot of organic produce now.

Anne: I had a giggle thinking of Damon in the kitchen. He is marvelous at heating up prerepared food. Leftover pizza is his specialty. The worlds worse coffee maker. As an old bachelor, he is expert at standing in front of his open refrigerator and eating anything that isn’t toxic.

Jackie: all of your wonderful veggies that you grow in the allotment are organic, I am sure. You will be planting in your greenhouse very soon. Here I am thinking spring and winter has just begun. I take a special eye vitamin called Preservision. There is a good deal of research out on the benefits of these specific vitamins. If you google it and the research, you will be amazed. It has really made a huge difference for both John and Me. But it not cheap here in the US.

Sandy: how lovely that your daughter in law and son are such great guests. Our son is a good guest as well. It makes for a relaxing visit when you aren’t working full time to keep order and keep everyone fed.

Jeri: blessings to you, my friend. This will be just one of life’s hiccups. No matter what, you will come through with flying colors.

Buzz: it is good to look at something else besides the news. That handsome guy in Blue Bloods is still cute after all these years. I am currently obsessed with the news...as usual.

I will be grooming Katie this weekend. Sciatica or not! There are things that need to happen. I will use the dry shampoo because I am not able to handle her in the shower this time. She really doesn’t mind her beauty appointment.
    Patsy

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Oh my Turned on my TV last night, got it set to proper channel, sat down, legs up and at the ready for Blue Bloods..........and the next thing I recall was I was seeing the Friday night news!I slept right through Tom Selleck! Now I'm on a hunt for a contribution that was never acknowledged to the parents of the deceased child in whose memory I made it! Darn, nothing seems to go properly sometimes! I'd better follow up while I have it in mind, so basically, I'm checking in so you know I'm still here!!!
    <3 Buzz
    ..................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!................................
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Me too, I'm still here. I've Just groggily come through in my jam jams to see if I've missed anything. Watched a huge documentary on Aliens last night, wooo oooo! Have we been visited before sort of thing because how else do we explain huge slabs of stone precisely cut for ancient monuments and did Baron Von "what's his name" get alien knowledge when he built those rockets to chuck at the poor Londoners? Fascinating stuff to go to bed on. I want to know why these aliens don't land on White House lawns etc to frighten the living daylights out of certain politicians instead of experimenting on simple country folks driving along lonely lanes. But maybe they have, which would explain quite a bit about present day weird behaviour! Wooooo. Ooooo.
    Just kidding gals.
    I shall come back to earth today to concoct my hearty bean soup. The sort of soup that should keep aliens away unless they want a new fuel to propel their ufo's. I think my lose weight diet is also making ME a little weird!
    Hopefully, back later.
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    My morning rushed past me a bit like a UFO Anne, a sort of did it happen or was I dreaming! My new bedroom heater made the room so cosy that Betty was still snoring in my ear at 8.30 but once I'd glanced at the clock before jumping out of bed it was a blur of shower, hip exercises, porridge and fruit for breakfast and a long moorland walk! Both pooches are still recovering from their exciting trip to the beach yesterday and from the photos I've seen they both had a ball. Home from our walk George is now snoozing in his bed while Betty chews on a puppy toy designed to offer something other than cables, buttons and furniture to chew on. She loves it and seems to calm and comfort her.
    Yesterday's visit to the local store to purchase a new washing machine went well once a man taking up the salesman's time procrastinating over a dishwasher left without buying one! I did smile to myself halfway through his humming and harring remembering Buzz's recent intention to attend a talk on such behaviour! Having looked at details on at least a dozen different washing machines online before deciding on 2 to view in store it turned out neither was on show although in their warehouse so after looking at a Bosch that had a better energy rating and slightly larger drum for just a few more pounds I bought one and it will be delivered and fitted Thursday. No procrastinating for me!!
    So far I'm not struggling in my effort to cut down on unhealthy food probably because I'm keeping myself busy BUT it's only day 2!

Cold and grey in a bleak sort of way today but I must get out to at least clean the hen house and as it's already past 2pm, better get going.

Happy Sunday everyone.
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,078 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Good morning. Leaving soon for church and the ever present communion duty. I am hoping all sick folks stay home today but if not that I ward off all flying illnesses seeking a new home.

All I got accomplished yesterday was lots of diecut and sorting of pieces as I intend on making maybe 8 cards with the same design on the front. Now, lots of gluing to finish the fronts. Then stamping on a separate piece of paper which is diecut with wonky stitching around the edge to add to the inside of each card. Will I ever get them finished and addressed?

I have some cooking I would like to get to as well. Yesterday I cooked a pot of French cut green beans and today I would like to make a bean dish. We will see. Cooking always takes longer than I think it will.

Patsy, good luck to you on grooming Katie. Don’t hurt yourself more please.

Buzz, sorry you missed Blue Bloods. I hate to be all ready to watch a show and then fall asleep. Oh my.

Anne, happy Sunday to you. Always a busy day for you as well m

Sandy, keep enjoying the visit! What great company. People you don’t have to run after are marvelous.

Jackie, new washer?

Jeri, just sending more hugs your way.

Wishing everyone happiness and good health.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say it's a rarity, but often fall asleep watching movies, etc. Not so much with current events, but I do catnap more than I like! Right now, spending too much time hunting down that lost donation. I printed receipts at the time, but they don't seem to mean anything! It never made it to the right place.
    Looks like my DGD may have finally found the right fellow! Will it mean a wedding? And will I forget how much I hate flying now?
    Sounds like mostly better health news here. JERI, PATSY, ( and actually me, too) feeling slightly better, which is more positive! Just slow! Must get me a bte and get some sleep tonight! XOXOXO to everyone!
    <3 Buzz
    ..................Always Believe Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!...............................
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    HELLO ALL I AM MOVED IN WITH ALICE HOPE TO HAVE OUR OWN ASSISTED LIVING SPACE SOON.. JUST GOT MY COMPUTER HOOK UP TODAY. Jerry FAIRLY WELL EXCEPT IS REALLY WANTING TO GO BACK home but NO WAY , WILL TRY TO READ SOME OF THE POST THAT i MISSED. IS DOING FINE ADAPTIVE TO REAL WELL
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    FRGOT TO SIGN IN Marie Ward SORRY BUZZ.
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    HELLO MARIE. So glad you are BACK! We all missed you, Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Welcome back Marie, as Anne says, we missed you. Sounds like you and Alice have a good plan that I'm sure Jerry will adapt to.

Back later. First I have to contact my energy supplier to ask why they think I will be increasing my consumption by 50% over the coming year and to justify their extortionate increase. I'm in just the right mood to take them on!!

Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Morning JACKIE. Go get em girl! It's one thing the UK, the USA and Canada have in common. The rich just get richer. Anne
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,030 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Happy Monday! :)

Marie,
    1840287fudtftz67z.gif
    I like the plan and I am so happy Alice is taking such good care of you and Jerry. I hope you find the perfect assisted living place and can enjoy each other. Love you. <3

It is pouring here so it looks like we are going to stay home and play games all day. They went to dinner alone to celebrate their 34th wedding anniversary yesterday but neither John or I knew Laurie was suffering with a migraine. She doesn't tell anyone so as not to ruin their fun.
    She said she is better today, so hopefully she is telling the truth.

The party for Max was great and we had a good time. Max is just such a sweetheart. <3
    cyusv3ekyeki.jpg

Have a great day and keep dry if raining.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Good day!! I was off early this morning for Tai Chi and Qigong. Others had to leave and my teacher worked with me. I have tried to find ways to stop slumping and am standing straight and breathing properly. I have let go of the tension in my shoulders although I still have arthritis in them, overall they are better. Now, to find ways to release the tension in my back. I just cannot let go and sink. I tighten up all the time. Sooooo, we spent a lot of time trying different body movements to see what was okay and what caused pain. I was doing tiny foot circles and she is so observant she could tell any time I had tension in the movement and she was right, I could feel the difference. Now to work on change. Difficult to “work” on letting go. Haaaa.

A stop at the grocery store and home again with lots of chores to do.

Marie, Marie, Marie! So great to have you posting here again. Wahoo! <3<3<3<3 Now that you are set up I selfishly hope we see you all the time! Hugs.

Jackie, I hope you didn’t beat them up too much. WTG! You can be feisty. A good thing. Glad you found a washer. That was quick. Excellent. I know I will need a new washer but I want an old fashioned agitator washer where I can open it during the cycle, add soap if I want to and know a cycle is only about a half hour. My friends have the new improved HE machines and they are often close to cursing them.

Anne, how are you and Miss Bean? Our wet drizzly weather has shifted right now to some cloudy sunshine and temperatures in the mid-40s. So pretty good right now. Changes in store of course.

Sandy, again a beautiful family picture. I don’t know how your DIL can kept a migraine secret. I would get one and I looked sick, could hardly keep my eyes open in the light, didn’t want to talk. Just overall, terrible inside and out! She is pretty darn tough!!!

Buzz, I hope you chase down your paperwork. It is so time consuming. I detest it. And since I do, I avoid it which really doesn’t help because at some point it still must be addressed.

Patsy, hello. I hope the grooming went okay and both you and Katie are happy today.

Jeri, thinking of you. <3<3<3

Time to work on my cards again. I got the circles placed on all the card fronts. Time to add the little birdies. Also need to crash boxes and get them in the recycling for collection tomorrow.

Hugs for all dear Sneakers.

Lin

• CALIECAT
    Options
    HI ALL OF YOU SNEAKERS

....sANDY LOVE YOUR FAMILY PICTURE AND THAT BLOUSE IF SO PRETTY i WANT ONE

lIN THANKS FOR BEING SUCH

** A GOOD FRIEND

Jackie GREAT READING YOUR POST.

bUZZ YOU JUST KEEP GETTING MORE BEAUTIFUL.

J AS THE YEARS GO BUY .
    tO ALL THE REST HAVE A GREAT WEEK

as mARIE FOR ME WE GOT A GOOD OFFER ON THE OLD HOUSE. SO MAYBE WE CAN MOVE INTO ASISTED LIVING SOON.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ;)>:) MARIE
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Well, a usual story when it came to discussing the new tariff for my energy because on phoning the number on the letterhead and explaining my concerns a rather aggressive man told me I needed to take a meter reading and call their customer service, not him! Keeping my cool I checked the meter but when I brought up my account on their website to enter the details I noticed the previous estimated information was entered by them the wrong way round. So contact customer service..... ha, no chance apparently in an unusually long queue, then my landline rang, George barked loudly and I hung up. Message left on the landline "Hello Mr Fisher this is your dentist's office returning your call". Poor Mr Fisher might still be waiting!! An hour later I was about to call again when the landline rang, this time a boss I worked for nearly 40 years ago who talked for nearly 2 hours while I listened after which I gave up on the energy supplier today! This evening I was telling my neighbour what happened and she recommended a company to switch to so that's a task for tomorrow rather than argue with the current people.
    I was supposed to walk tomorrow with friend Jill, Scruff and Misha but she's phoned to tell me Scruff has terrible diarrhoea so best not meet up in case it's contagious. I have read there's a nasty dog virus doing the rounds which confirms what I assumed my 2 were suffering for 3 weeks and certainly don't want to go through that again! It was freezing on the moors this morning but i think it's a healthier option.

Sandy, I did look up the supplements you told me about but Incredibly expensive as you mentioned.

Lin, I just noticed a trailer for a new series of Grantchester starting next week. A new vicar???

Time for a drama I've been following so goodnight.
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Jackie, yes, a new Vicar at some point this season. We will see. I will reserve judgment. Enjoy your show.

Lin

• linder4866
    Options
    Marie, wow, an offer on the house already? That was quick. I hope you find a wonderful Assisted Living apartment. Being with Alice is good right now.

Hugs <3<3<3

Lin