What book are you reading?

Replies

• JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    4eomit0f61f1.jpg

• BiblioKaren
    BiblioKaren Posts: 6 Member
    The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey comes out tomorrow! Can't wait!

WHY isn't there another book in the Gentleman *kitten* series yet?!?

I'm reading "Ivy House", Tana French's newest, and trying to figure out if it's a murder mystery or not.
  • MelmothWanders
    MelmothWanders Posts: 47 Member
    The Fireman by Joe Hill, before that, Dennis Lehane's Mystic River.
  • mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
    Re-reading Outlander by Diana Gabaladon. Before that, The Kite Runner.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    I've been re-reading the Belgariad/Mallorean cycle. Almost done with book 2 of the Mallorean (King of the Murgos).
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    I've been re-reading the Belgariad/Mallorean cycle. Almost done with book 2 of the Mallorean (King of the Murgos).

I've read those a few times :smile:
  • mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
    brisingr86 wrote: »

Love that series!
  • MelmothWanders
    MelmothWanders Posts: 47 Member
    Just read JY Yang's The Descent of Monsters, Margaret Killjoy's The Lamb Will Slaughter the Lion and The Barrow Will Send What it May, Terry Pratchett's The Color of Magic (my first ever Pratchett), and now well into Guy Gavriel Kay's Tigana.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Currently reading "Two Dark Reigns" by Kendare Blake.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Just finished William Gibson's The Peripheral and onto a Dragonlance Anvil of Time novel The Survivors
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited January 2019
    Got a wild hair up my *kitten* and decided to go through King’s bibliography in chronological order. Since August, I’ve made it this far:on4n1vcelhyu.jpeg
    Everything vertical has been read, and currently working my way through Black House. Carrie is absent because my girlfriend’s son has decided to take up my idea as well. Wizard and Glass is absent as I haven’t bought a physical copy of it yet. Rage is absent because I can’t bring myself to shell out $400 for a book just yet.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    I'm in the middle of so many books right now, as always, but my most current read is Catching Fire. It's been so long since I've read the Hunger Games series that I can't remember a lot of it. It's almost like reading it for the first time.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Just finished Way of Kings and now on to book 2 in the series.
  • KetoLula
    KetoLula Posts: 29 Member
    I miss reading. I'm slowly slogging through adventure path books for D&D and Pathfinder. XD
  • lilithsrose
    Just finished up Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa. I'll probably be reading Catwoman by Sarah J. Maas next.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    11/22/63
    The man accomplished the impossible: I almost felt bad for Lee Harvey Oswald for a minute there. If his mother was actually anything like King’s portrayal of her, it’s no wonder he turned out to be such a shitler.
  • hesgro2
    hesgro2 Posts: 88 Member
    I am almost finished reading "Hammered" by Kevin Hearne (it's the 3rd book in the Iron Druid Chronicles). The books are pretty entertaining.

Next on my list is "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss. The Kingkiller Chronicle series keeps getting recommended to me, so I'm hoping I like it. :)
  • lilithsrose
    I just started Good Omens by Neil Gaiman. I wanted to read it before the series comes out this summer. I love Neil Gaiman's writing style.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Filling in my Stephen King gaps and reading The Dead Zone.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Friend of mine turned me onto bloody jack, and I'm quite enjoying it so far. I'm curious how far the author is going to keep the main characters charade going, if she keeps it to the end of the first book, it could make a great cliff hanger.