Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi @Kres567 ,

Thank you! :smile:

And -- sure! Top 2 things (this will be so boring, but it's true):

1. Weigh and log all food and drink. I won't know what's working or not working about what I am eating if I don't log it.
    2. Meal planning and preparation. This included learning some simple meals that are healthy and easy, so I always have a healthy option.

And on a related note -- I LOVE your Mindful Eating infographic!
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in

Calories-over
    Water-on track
    Exercise-rest day

Goal for today is to try to do a small rub and take a power class at the gym
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Username AustinRuadhain
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Weigh in Week: 3
    Previous Weight: 166.2
    Current Weight: 162.9

I have now lost 100 pounds. A year ago in February, I weighed in on MFP at 265. Woohoo! 🎉🎉

That is amazing.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check In

A little late but I was watching the Australian Open tennis before bed (I love tennis).

Calories: I must have been under because my weight is down a bit this morning
    Exercise: 30 minute power walk workout on the treadmill. Over 11k steps
    Water: under

Goals for today:
    1. Eat mindfully. If I’m hungry eat what I planned. When I get full, stop. If I’m not hungry wait until I am.
    2. Eat according to what I’ve entered in my journal
    3. Drink 3 big Starbucks cups at work and then continue at home
    4. Walk at lunch
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Hi @Kres567 ,

1. Weigh and log all food and drink. I won't know what's working or not working about what I am eating if I don't log it.
    2. Meal planning and preparation. This included learning some simple meals that are healthy and easy, so I always have a healthy option.

Two things I must get more consistent with.

Question for you (and everyone else) - do you weigh and track raw veggies you eat through the day? I know I should but that’s the one food group I get lazy with - I cut them up and just throw them in a container. I figure I’m doing so good by eating them so isn’t that enough??
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,591 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @Kres567 -- The calories in raw veggies are so low that I can see not worrying about them, and it's great that you are eating them!

I do weigh everything, but I also have max one snack a day. Not so say that everyone needs to do that, but I was eating a lot out of emotions or for pleasure rather than because I was actually hungry. I figured that I went without snacks as a kid -- I grew up with 3 square meals a day, don't snack, you'll ruin your dinner -- and thought I would try eating more at mealtimes if I needed (esp. more fat). So these days, I have one snack at about 4 -- almost always apple slices and walnuts (fiber and fat and yummy fruit sweetness).

I am also trying to make sure I have at least 13 hours between dinner and breakfast. Anyone else find this kind of thing useful?

• magnusMLQ
    magnusMLQ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Username: magnusMLQ
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 182.1
    Current Weight: 181.9
  • Jaybo37
    Jaybo37 Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain - that is an absolutely amazing achievement, soo pleased for you. The effort and consistency that must have went into that, just wow!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    User name : bethanie825
    Week 3 weigh-in
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 248.8 (I think lol)
    Current Weight: 247.6
  • crmacph987
    crmacph987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    MFP User ID: crmacph987
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (sorry I'm late again)
    Weigh in Week: 2
    Previous Weight: 352.5 (Starting Weight 354)
    Current Weight: 351
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Options
    Username AustinRuadhain

I have now lost 100 pounds. A year ago in February, I weighed in on MFP at 265. Woohoo! 🎉🎉

what a great loss and a great year
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check In
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
    Water: didn't pay attention
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Username AustinRuadhain

WOOT!WOOT!!! So happy for you lady! Amazing, inspiring, impressive, motivating! You must feel like a million bucks!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    @Kres567 -- The calories in raw veggies are so low that I can see not worrying about them, and it's great that you are eating them!

I do weigh everything, but I also have max one snack a day. Not so say that everyone needs to do that, but I was eating a lot out of emotions or for pleasure rather than because I was actually hungry. I figured that I went without snacks as a kid -- I grew up with 3 square meals a day, don't snack, you'll ruin your dinner -- and thought I would try eating more at mealtimes if I needed (esp. more fat). So these days, I have one snack at about 4 -- almost always apple slices and walnuts (fiber and fat and yummy fruit sweetness).

I am also trying to make sure I have at least 13 hours between dinner and breakfast. Anyone else find this kind of thing useful?

I do something similiar, but found I was doing it without planning it, at least 12 hours fasting between dinner and first meal, often its more like 14 hours. It works for me, buit it was unplanned.
  • tess5036
    Options
    Username AustinRuadhain

Fantastic :):):):):):) Thats a wonderful achievement!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    Hi @Kres567 ,

Question for you (and everyone else) - do you weigh and track raw veggies you eat through the day? I know I should but that’s the one food group I get lazy with - I cut them up and just throw them in a container. I figure I’m doing so good by eating them so isn’t that enough??

On Weight Watchers we don’t have to track them. I do remember reading somewhere with certain vegetables you actually expend more calories digesting them than is actually in them!!
  • tess5036
    Options
    Monday check in
    Caloris; under
    Water; over
    Exercise less than hoped for, 1 hour BodyCombat, bit of treadmil and weights.
    Tomorrow; More cardio, can't do as much on wednesday as giving blood so want to front load :D and keep carbs under control
  • tess5036
    Options
    Hi @Kres567 ,

On Weight Watchers we don’t have to track them. I do remember reading somewhere with certain vegetables you actually expend more calories digesting them than is actually in them!!

Unfortunatley, that is a fallacy. We do use calories to digest food (refered to as the thermic effect of food), but not as many as we gain from them. THis is a good primer on the topic, with a basic outline
    http://www.shapesense.com/nutrition/articles/thermic-effect-of-food.aspx
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Monday Check in
    Calories are under
    Water is over
    Exercise was 50 minutes on the treadmill

I feel like I haven't been here in days! I've been doing pretty well but my weight is stalling big time. So, this week I'm going to try to keep my meals really simple and see if I can jump start some weight loss. :#
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    UTMom81
    Monday Weigh in
    Previous: 153
    Current: 151.8

That must feel good, eh?

Lol, yes. If it holds!
This discussion has been closed.