The 2019 Move It Monday Challenge!

Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I met my goal of moving every hour for 12/13 hours today. I had really gotten out of the habit of moving every hour and my average on my Fitbit had dipped into the mid single digits the past 3 weeks, so I feel good about today. My steps numbers had been down, too, but moving every hour and getting at least 250 steps per hour brought that number back over my steps goal. For me, it’s just a matter of thinking about moving more often throughout the day and then just doing it!

@Empress62 My grandkids brought over Just Dance for the Wii so I’ll have to break that out tomorrow. It’s fun! I like Wii Sports, too, especially boxing. It’s a great way to get moving.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,783 Member
    Options
    About the mini workouts @peak2beach , my daughter was just telling me about an app she found that posts a new mini workout each day. Sounds like a great idea!

@empress62, I love dancing - best exercise ever!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options

Terrific first day, Everyone!

Sometimes, despite our best intentions, exercising on Monday just doesn’t happen. If that happened to you yesterday, brush it off, and decide to pick it up today. One of members, @PackerFanInGB, calls it “Turn It Up Tuesday” and I think that’s a perfect description!

Our next challenge will be Monday, Jan 28. But since the goal of Move It Monday is to inspire us to stay active the rest of the week, feel free to post on this thread any other exercise sessions you may have this week. We’ll leave the light on. We’re here to support and encourage you!
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did two rowing workouts, totalling 30 minutes.
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Empress62 wrote: »
    I got it in 15 minutes of Just Dance on the Xbox, and 3500 steps today (starting small). I had to do two short walks to get all the steps, but I got them in. Yay!

I appreciate this group, I hope it helps me stay motivated.

What fun.
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I put an hourly reminder on my work calendar to stand up, move, stretch, or do yoga. It is really helping.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Toyota100 wrote: »
    I started off Monday with a great start!
    I did 68 minutes of activity. I did Leslie Sansone workout videos online. I'm also working on drinking more water. I didn't meet my goal by 250ml. I was going to try to chug it down, but I didn't want to be getting up at night to keep going to bathroom. Trust me, I learned that the hard way!

Great Monday workout, @Toyota100! Water is something that has to be balanced, isn’t it?
  • themedalist
    Options
    MessyApron wrote: »
    I didn't post yesterday, but I *did* move it on Monday! :smiley: I did my full weight lifting routine, and I worked my muscles well judging by how sore they are today.

Welcome back, @MessyApron! You got in quite the workout!
  • themedalist
    Options
    Yesterday I did two rowing workouts, totalling 30 minutes.

Great job, @littlebear0121!
  • themedalist
    Options
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    I put an hourly reminder on my work calendar to stand up, move, stretch, or do yoga. It is really helping.

I’m so glad to hear that you did this, @mepeiffer, and I’m glad to hear that it’s helping!

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    for January 21: 2 miles & extra workouts found on line, & 1 Mix & Match Walk Blasters (Flexibility Walk) (75 minutes total)
    I decided to just do my usual Leslie Sansone Walk at Home walking exercises. But to celebrate this new challenge I looked for some different workouts in WAH's New Year's challenge :laugh:

Loved reading all the posts :) !

:flowerforyou:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    We are in the middle of a snowstorm today, so there won't be any outdoor walks (-20 degrees, 35 mph winds and over 12 inches of snow expected). There is only one other person who made it into the office today besides me, so we will be going home soon. I plan to take some stairs breaks today since I don't have a large house for doing laps, and maybe do a Leslie Sansone DVD, or a Body Groove dance video. :)
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    So glad to get the e-mail reminder, this had completely slipped my mind. I was distracted all weekend and needed this reminder to get back on plan. It is very wintery and cold here today so I will have to keep moving indoors.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Great job Moving this Monday despite the wintry weather, @PackerFanInGB and @allmannerofthings! And I'm very happy the Move It Monday newsletter was a good reminder for you this morning. I think the newsletter is a terrific reminder!
  • themedalist
    Options
    20 minutes on my treadmill this morning. I'm glad I have my treadmill but I'm looking forward to walking outdoors again when it isn't snowy and icy.

And in the spirit of today's challenge, I'm making a point to get up and move every 30 minutes. Small changes DO add up!