TEAM: Flab-U-Less (January)

Options

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @mrs1spy Do you ever do meal prep to alleviate some of the strain from a busy week? I have to take my lunches so that I don't come home and devour everything in sight.
    @rekvar12 Perfect day! Go you!
    @12774 Right on too!
    @starshine15 made another day great again!
    @ghy5 Fantastic!
  • Honey5
    Honey5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Daily Post, January 22nd

Track: yes
    Calories: over 379
    Exercise: no
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Tuesday
    Track: Yes
    Exercise: Yes
    Goals/Day: Had a couple of high carb days, yesterday started off so bad that I didn't track anything. Today was better, still high in carbs but I did have 3 servings of fruit today so not worrying about it too much.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Daily post for Tuesday 1/22
    Calories: under- used a few “exercise” calories
    Exercise: yes- workout with trainer at gym plus treadmill 90 minutes total
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: 01/22 Tuesday-all day long
    Calories: under- I went to all you can eat chinese buffet, but I didn't eat a lot at all. Not feeling hungry tonight. I logged it like a regular trip though. The sodium though....
    Daily goal: Eat more Gagh, Less Racht. Tomorrow is coming!
  • empire5
    empire5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Daily post - 22nd January
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Username: shanteel612
    Week: January week 4
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday

PW = 217(December 29)
    CW = 215.6 (January 2)
    CW = 215.8 (January 9)
    CW = 212.2 (January 16)
    CW = 211.0 (January 23)
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I look at my weekly digest for last week and I went over my calories Friday Saturday and Sunday. Yet I still lost. I have a lot to lose so those calories I went out from those three days didn't stop me from having a deficit but it definitely stopped me from losing as much. But those days are behind me and I am motivated to continue. It feels great to feel like I have control over the way I look and feel. I'll never forget one thing that I've learned. Restriction is freedom. When I first heard that I didn't understand it but it makes lots of sense in the Grand scheme.
  • rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    Question of the week: I am expecting weight loss to enhance my mobility, flexibility and stamina (so far it HAS done that). I am not expecting to look better naked for sure (my belly button already looks sad). I AM expecting to be able to shop in any store that I want to. I am also expecting the relationship with my mom to deteriorate more. I am hoping against all hope that this is not the case, but she continues to make bad comments about my weight loss, bring in "spite food" (our favorite junk food that we won't eat any of it because if we eat even one we are called fat *kitten*) every time she visits and tell everyone how much weight she has lost. I AM also expecting my body to hold out a little bit longer as I get older. Time will tell if my expectations are reality, so I will keep this to refer back to when I reach my goal.

Your expectations are realistic, so I'd say keep at it. Hope your mother gets off your back too with it - maybe tell her next time that junk food is not allowed in your house?

I've lost a large part of the weight I gained in 2018, but I'd like to go back to a normal BMI, and the last time that happened was in 2014. I already feel more energetic l and my posture has improved a little thanks to yoga. I'd like to keep these that way. So in general, I expect to continue living and eating better even without the goal of weight loss (really curious to know if that'll happen). And getting to try a wider range of clothes too should be fun!
  • over_oxers
    over_oxers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Question of the week: Mini Challenge: What are your EXPECTATIONS of what weight loss/getting in shape is going to do for you?

I would love to be able to buy riding clothes at the store. I have ridden and shown horses most of my life, but finding any riding clothes above a street size 12 is impossible unless you order. I want to be able to go the store, try things on, and have a variety to choose from!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,684 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    @evangsimmons170, You can also check out" Mrs Dash Spices". Sold at most supermarkets.

Thanks, but I've tried different Mrs. Dash products but don't like them. I had a DUH moment yesterday and remembered that I had a "recipe" for a "season all" type seasoning that simply combines about 15 or more spices together with not a speck of salt and it's wonderful. I don't know how I forgot about that. I've already got the spices; I'll put it together tonight. Woo hoo! :smiley:

@evangsimmons170 Would you be willing to share this wonderful recipe??
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,684 Member
    Options
    Question of the week: What am I expecting weight loss to do for me? In the near term allow me to wear the full wardrobe that is hanging in my closet. I wear a lot of suits for work and can tell you that a waistband on a wool skirt is very unforgiving when the winter weight creeps on. Long term stay active and healthy so that I can keep up with the new grandbaby when he starts walking running. I want to be the Grandma that is rolling down the hill and climbing on the rocks with him, rather sitting on the park bench watching.
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Question of the week: What am I expecting weight loss to do for me?
    I actually made a list that is on my smartphone, I add to it as I think of things. I’m determined to NOT lose my motivation this time around.
    1. Strength
    1a. be able to continue to do my job as long as possible
    1b. Be able to continue to go up and down stairs now and into my 90’s
    2. Agility
    2a. Put my shoes and socks on in comfort.
    2b. Get in and out of the big van in comfort and possibly a bit of grace
    2c. Be able to sit cross legged again
    2d. Be able to crawl around under my floor loom to tie up the treadles.
    2e. Maneuver in and out of the bathtub with ease.
    3. Size and shape
    3a. Fit into my most stylish clothes-including that floral sundress that make me look and feel like a “hot babe”
    3b. Take up less space - fit between small spaces such as the 17” between my three looms.
    3c. Enjoy the look and feel of my body
    4. Hygiene
    4a. Less boob sweat.
    4b. No belly “apron” ( I have a friend who let hers go really bad and she ended up with a bad skin infection- shudders)
    4c. Continue to be able to reach my own behind to wipe thoroughly.
    4d. Better bladder control- that has gotten better already, with just three weeks of exercise and less than 10 pounds of weight loss.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Suezq72760 wrote: »
    12774 wrote: »
    @evangsimmons170, You can also check out" Mrs Dash Spices". Sold at most supermarkets.

Thanks, but I've tried different Mrs. Dash products but don't like them. I had a DUH moment yesterday and remembered that I had a "recipe" for a "season all" type seasoning that simply combines about 15 or more spices together with not a speck of salt and it's wonderful. I don't know how I forgot about that. I've already got the spices; I'll put it together tonight. Woo hoo! :smiley:

@evangsimmons170 Would you be willing to share this wonderful recipe??

Sure will. Didn't get to put it together last night, but I have to make it a priority today. Believe it or not, I think the recipe is actually on paper in a drawer in my kitchen, not digital. So my sharing will be a pic. LOL
  • lk2011
    lk2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday January 22
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes
  • rekvar12
    rekvar12 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Daily post 23.01.19

Tracked
    Calories - 482 over. Was distracted during dinner, so overate :/
    Exercise - 4km walk.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options

Question of the week: What am I expecting weight loss to do for me?
    Answer.My continued weight loss will allow me to remain healthy and not be prone to medical conditions such as diabetes ,heart disease and other conditions associated with obesity. I will be able to continue to wear fashionable clothing in smaller sizes.I will also be aware of the fact that I have to maintain my physical fitness and to continue to monitor and be mindful of my food choices.
This discussion has been closed.