TEAM: Gutbusters (February)

Options

Replies

• LesIckaBod
    LesIckaBod Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This is me now...and single 😉

@Michellelagle Congrats on your red dress! I hope you feel fabulous!!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    Ashley@AB0215, Has this challenge been going on for a few years?

@matthewsfive. This challenge has been going for at least 3 years now.

It has gone through a few changes in leadership, the the focus remains. It's all about healthy friendly competition to help motivate people to make and maintain their weight and health goals.

Thanks @craigo3154, I thought it was.
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    LesIckaBod
    Feb Week 1
    PW: 158.7
    CW: 159.3

No surprise on this little spike! I enjoyed my chips and salsa last night! :smiley:

Since I've still got this cold (allergies? who knows?) I'm focused on maintaining my weight while attempting to gain strength. Folks here on MFP usually call this "recomposition" -- the idea that you maintain the same weight, but your body composition changes, so that you replace weight in fat with weight in muscle.

The fact is, I'm probably not going to be very successful at recomposition now - I just don't have the appetite for much protein, and I'm very tired most of the time, so it's hard to increase the weights I lift. While I could walk for exercise instead, I actually enjoy the strength training more -- plus I'm a 40 year old woman and I feel like my bones need all the help they can get from this point on.

Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say that I'm going into this month expecting that I probably won't lose much until I feel healthier again, and I feel like this is a strategic choice rather than a cop-out. (A self-delusion? Sometimes I can't tell).

Still need to get back on task with tracking though!
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Kimmie_H81 wrote: »
    We're at the same start weight :-)

My twin! Let's make sure to keep each other on the straight and narrow :smiley:

Just saw that Gutbusters had the highest loss for January, over 100lbs, way to go team! Hope to contribute to a victory in February.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    February 4
    Exercised? Yes, Yoga class at lunchtime
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes

My Fitbit is playing up again, while I never count my steps as true calories burned (and try not to eat my exercise calories) I've joined a new life insurance policy that rewards me for steps, don't want to miss out on my free cinema ticket!
  • LesIckaBod
    edited February 2019
    Options
    User Name:Matthewsfive
    February Week 1
    PW: 259.2
    CW: 254.6

Above it the correct info. I usually don't take this much time to caught on.

@matthewsfive I know, this weigh-in stuff can feel a little confusing at first because of how the registration works. Just to get us all on the same page:

You posted on the New Member Registration page on Jan 28 that your starting weight is 259.2. It looks like you want a Saturday weigh-in. The first Saturday weigh-in for February will be this coming Saturday, February 9. Then Sunday will start WEek 2, and your Saturday Week 2 weigh-in will be February 16.

Basically, posting your new member weigh-in on a Monday but choosing a Saturday as your weigh-in day, you bought yourself some extra time before your Week 1 weigh-in! Bonus days! That means more time to lose!

And if this is still confusing, just keep an eye out for @BonnieHosk85 's daily reminders about whose weigh-in day it is, and you can check out the February spreadsheet linked on the TBL main page to see your starting weight, previous weights, etc.

Good luck!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    LesIckaBod wrote: »
    February Week 1

@matthewsfive I know, this weigh-in stuff can feel a little confusing at first because of how the registration works. Just to get us all on the same page:

You posted on the New Member Registration page on Jan 28 that your starting weight is 259.2. It looks like you want a Saturday weigh-in. The first Saturday weigh-in for February will be this coming Saturday, February 9. Then Sunday will start WEek 2, and your Saturday Week 2 weigh-in will be February 16.

Basically, posting your new member weigh-in on a Monday but choosing a Saturday as your weigh-in day, you bought yourself some extra time before your Week 1 weigh-in! Bonus days! That means more time to lose!

And if this is still confusing, just keep an eye out for @BonnieHosk85 's daily reminders about whose weigh-in day it is, and you can check out the February spreadsheet linked on the TBL main page to see your starting weight, previous weights, etc.

Good luck!

@LesIckaBod
    Thanks for helping figure this out. So if I weighed in this past Sat Feb 2nd at 254.6 , should that be my start weight? I don't want to start with a number that's not fair to everyone else. The 259.2 weight number was from Jan 26th.
  • Shinryu787
    Shinryu787 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Shinryu787
    PW: 235
    CW: 235.2

Hosted Superbowl Sunday 🤷
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Walking home and gardens of Biltmore for 3 hours, 9,000 steps
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    February Week 1

Good luck!

@LesIckaBod
    Thanks for helping figure this out. So if I weighed in this past Sat Feb 2nd at 254.6 , should that be my start weight? I don't want to start with a number that's not fair to everyone else. The 259.2 weight number was from Jan 26th.

@matthewsfive I think it's best to leave it as is. Any advantage you have bc of weigh in day will go away after week 1.
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Username:- zimborunner
    February Week 1
    PW:- 167.6
    CW:- 166.8
  • zimborunner
    zimborunner Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    February 4
    Exercised:- Yes 70 mins treadmill
    Calories:- Yes
    Track:- Yes
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you. And I do feel great!!!
  • michellelagle
    michellelagle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is me now...and single 😉

@Michellelagle Congrats on your red dress! I hope you feel fabulous!!
    thank you!!! I do feel amazing!

• Kimmie_H81
    Kimmie_H81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    emmclean wrote: »
    February 4
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes

My Fitbit is playing up again, while I never count my steps as true calories burned (and try not to eat my exercise calories) I've joined a new life insurance policy that rewards me for steps, don't want to miss out on my free cinema ticket!

Is that Vitality? If so i have the same insurance and i also get free Starbucks and half price Virgin Active membership!

What's your weigh in day? Mine's Monday. Lost 3lb this week :-) so 196. We got this!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    February 5
    Exercised? Yes
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for a weigh-in from:

@beachb2027

Please post using this template:
    Username
    February Week 1
    PW:
    CW:

Have a great day!
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    February 3 and 4
    Exercised? Yes (35 Elliptical and 25 Treadmill)
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • LesIckaBod
    Options
    Kimmie_H81 wrote: »
    emmclean wrote: »
    February 4
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes

Is that Vitality? If so i have the same insurance and i also get free Starbucks and half price Virgin Active membership!

What's your weigh in day? Mine's Monday. Lost 3lb this week :-) so 196. We got this!

@kimmie_H81 Free starbucks? I'm both envious and aware of how dangerous that could be! (I love me some lattes!)
This discussion has been closed.