WORKOUT WARRIORS - February 2019

Options

Replies

• rheaj1991
    rheaj1991 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Week so far has been interesting. I've been trying to stick to my goals of protein each meal and also am trying to hit my MFP protein goal each day. That is super hard for me without going over calories or exceeding another one of the macros. I usually only have meat once a day if at all and trying to get 95g seems impossible without eating too many calories. Protein shakes are usually filled with that fake sugar which tastes like dish liquid to me or are so chock full of real sugar so I stay away from those.

Any suggestions for getting that much protein while staying within fat, sugar and sodium limits AND staying within 1490 calories?

Wednesday and yesterday I was scrambling to meet those goals! But was sacrificing protein for fat, sugar, and calories.

In the exercise realm, I did 2 hours strength training at the gym on Sunday. Aiming for chin ups or pullups one day. Had an hour karate class on Monday, took a break Tuesday and Wednesday, had an hour cardio kickboxing class on Thursday followed by an hour karate class. Tonight I have another karate class lined up and am going snowboarding tomorrow.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    HEY TEAM WE ALL NEED TO PLANT THIS IN OUR MINDS AND LET IT SPROUT AND GROW
    09up5o1fzsaf.png
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Steps feb 7th - 7,245
  • holmesp603
    holmesp603 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Holmesp603
    Friday
    Week 1
    LW 187.2
    TW 185.4
    Finally!!!!!!!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    @rheaj1991 I have Greek vanilla yogurt with oats, 3 cap fulls of milk, and mixed berries for either my breakfast or lunch. Properly measured out at a serving for each item is 369 calories, 20g protein, 3g fat 66mg sodium, and 31g sugar according to MFP. I don’t know if those numbers work for for you, but you can drop sugar from it if you do plain yogurt or drop the fruit.

@megnolia82 I’m sorry to hear about your little one, I hope the injections help.

@Navydaddjtc For some reason I thought your surgery was yesterday. I’m glad you have a date for it now though.

My MS is flaring again and is affecting my appetite by making me not hungry. Now I know this sounds awesome, but if I don’t watch it makes me feel really sick if I don’t eat and then I binge eat, usually junk, when I feel hungry. Last time I was like this I did soylent so I wouldn’t binge. This time I’m trying to see if I can balance things around real food that has nutritional value and enough calories so I’m not making myself sick.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Steps Thurs 8th Feb - 8,319

Travelling!
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Aetheldreda
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW 148lb
    CW 145.5lb

• runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    @rheaj1991 egg whites? I like plain greek yogurt too and usually sweeten it with berries.

@Mechell15 I think you said you were in Minnesota? We had great weather the beginning of January but lately keep getting hit with ice, snow and COLD. Sorry to hear about your father in law.

2 hour late start for school today so while the kids slept in I went to the gym. My back is so sore from all the shoveling I did yesterday.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @rheaj1991 HERE ARE SOME RECIPES FROM A SITE THAT I GO TO QUITE OFTEN. AS A OSTOMATE I NEED OVER 100GS OF PROTEIN PER DAY IN HOPES OF KEEPING 80-90 GS ON BOARD.
    https://www.foodcoach.me/?post_type=recipe

@Mechell15
    SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS AND OUR DEEPEST SYMPATHIES TO YOUR FAMILY......BUNDLE UP KIDDO IS COLDER THAN A WELL DIGGERS *kitten* OUT THERE.

@runarml
    YOU NEED ON THESE FOR THAT NASSSSSTTTYYY CHORE
    A BIG RED SNOW EATER BIG RED AND ME HANDLING OUR FIRST SNOW OF THE YEAR.
    uxm79x1ryefa.png

• rheaj1991
    rheaj1991 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the suggestions! Will try these out!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    xcc0w9b9laj3.jpg

We still need your steps - Please get them in...

@myfritzie (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri)
    @abowersgirl (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri)

Also, just a simple reminder to those that have not posted their Thursday Steps yet, please get them in soon.

@Gutcutter500
    @NikMar

Thanks
    Steve
  • NikMar
    NikMar Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Thursday steps: 11,036 - apologies, I am working in a different time zone!
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Username: LonniJay
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 247
    Today's Weight: 246.8
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Steps feb 8: 12,564
  • BabeMeister83
    BabeMeister83 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    After a crazy week at work and home I am ready to relax a little this weekend! Even though it was a crazy week I stuck to making good decisions with my food, but wasn't able to make it to the gym more than once this week. Between trying to catch up on my work from being off for over a month (due to the shutdown) meetings eveyday 🙈 , to running my daughter to dance, my son to therapy, running girl scout errands, parent teacher conferences for both kids (who go to 2 different elementaries) on the same day, registering my daughter for jr high (not happy about this, might cry for the next 3-5 days), finding out my son will be moved to a brand new elementary next year and trying to meet up with some of the staff (please say it will be an easy transition for him 🤞 he is 7 and is my mostly non verbal autistic child). I feel like I was just on the go all week! But hopefully now it will start to calm down and I can get back to my routine. So excited to be in this group and talk to some new people! And hopefully our weather can decide if it is going to be sunny and 45 degrees, or below 10 and dump more snow on us, or if it wants to rain (in the same day) 🤷‍♀️
  • runarml
    runarml Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/8: 17,229
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Username: mainebeachbum
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 252.6