What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "Two Dark Reigns" by Kendare Blake.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    reading Amulet #2 a ya graphic novel. not bad!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Orenda by Joseph Boyden. I've just started it and like it already.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Rich Kid Smart Kid by Robert Kiyosaki (book about financial literacy education for children)
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    Just started "Shadow of the Fox" by Julie Kagawa.
  • BrettWithPKU
    Options
    Smart Grids: Advanced Technologies and Solutions. Yes it's a textbook. No I'm not in school, but it directly concerns the direction I'm going in my career.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    I have finished and enjoyed The Orenda by Joseph Boyden. I also finished The Clay Girl by Heather Tucker and recommend the audio version.

I've now started Louise Penny's latest Inspector Gamache book, Kingdom of the Blind.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    Smart Grids: Advanced Technologies and Solutions. Yes it's a textbook. No I'm not in school, but it directly concerns the direction I'm going in my career.

I've read books concerning the direction of my career and found many of them to be surprisingly interesting. I hope you enjoy this one.
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    I just started Good Omens by Neil Gaiman. I wanted to read it before the series comes out this summer. I love Neil Gaiman's writing style.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    i loved Good Omens!
    i just started best american science and nature writing 2018 by kean.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Another fan of Neil Gaiman here. I still have Good Omens to look forward to. I hope you enjoy it, rhalin.

I'm reading Nobody's Fool by Richard Russo.
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    I'll be starting Wind Rider by PC Cast later today.
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to read Michelle Obama's Becoming. I find her story interesting the writing is not exactly exciting.
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When All is Said by Anne Griffin - I'm really enjoying it!
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    Just finished up Being Alpha (Alpha Girl, #7) by Aileen Erin.

I'll probably be reading Impostors by Scott Westerfeld next.
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    Broken Throne by Victoria Aveyard.

I found a signed copy at BAM yesterday.
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    4th start since 2017, but I'm actually about half way through Neil Gaiman's American Gods, The Scar by Mary Cregan and The Student's Guide to Understanding Constitutional Law by John D. DeLeo, Jr.
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Trauma and the Unbound Body by Judith Blackstone. So far it’s more interesting than I expected.
  • BrettWithPKU
    Options
    A lot of Neil Gaiman fans. American Gods has been on my list--just haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm currently reading Unfreedom of the Press by Mark Levin. This probably turns off a lot of people, given Levin is a conservative political commentator.
    It's about the idea that the United States news media used to consist of 'news reporters' and journalists that relentlessly pursued the 'facts' wherever the facts led them. But modern day news has become mostly opinion and confirmation bias that serves a political agenda. Obviously Levin presents it with a conservative slant, but I believe that Fox News is every bit as guilty as CNN and MSNBC.
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm reading an ARC from Rebecca Hamilton and Miranda Brock called Cursed Keys. It's very Tomb Raider-ish. I'm loving it!

And I'm also writing the next book in my Unfortunate Spells series titled What the Hex Happened. My first three books are up on Amazon and titled: Who Ordered a Medium, How to Spell Disaster, and When to Scry Wolf! Nothing like laughing while you write a paranormal romantic comedy! HAHA!

Also, when I joined this group I lived in Kentucky. I just moved to Utah this past December and it's gorgeous here! Are there any members in here that live in Utah? Send me a friend request or message!