TEAM: The Slimsons (March)

Options

Replies

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    gjaholy33 wrote: »

I'm a rare case but I eat my feelings so I've been in therapy for over six years now and I am just conquering the inner me (the root of the issue) that causes me to stress eat. Stress eat is not an easy battle it comes from a lot of different personal issues so you need to figure the cause and find some different coping strategies to help you through. For me it's therapy but it is different for each individual.

Thank you for sharing Gloria.... I probably would benefit from therapy. Although I have managed to clear some toxic people from my life--and much of my stress subsided thereafter.... work/family stresses though---those are always around me. Constant battle to overcome old habits🤷🏻‍♀️

I feel ya re toxic people - it’s hard to brush them off. I’ve been having to focus on health in all ways - not just food. Social, work, etc. I find the social to be the most taxing because just like “we are what we eat”- i find that so much of my time spent is affected by those i surround myself with. Sometimes it’s hard to make a healthier change- but I’m finding I feel better surrounding myself with positive people.

It’s time to clean house!

• CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    SLIMn2016 wrote: »
    @AB0215

"Question of the Week:
    When you think about your weight goals, what does success look like for you?"

Success for me would be getting back down to my goal weight (150), while building more muscle and finding a comfortable balance in my eating and exercise that is maintainable. AND learning more techniques to combat my stress eating (which had improved in the past years significantly--but it's still there). I just still am in a weird place where I am not sure what my best goal weight is?? It might be because once I get to 150 I have excess skin on my abs and thighs, butt and arms too--and it makes me look bulky no matter what I do😞🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

So far though, I do feel like I have learned a lot about how my body gains---water weight fluctuations vs. fat--- and finding new ways to lose weight while living, so as to not deprive myself of the foods I enjoy --celebrating--vacationing-- etc.

Another NSV--- I am finally at peace with the numbers that move up and down on the scale--- I know that number doesn't mean I am not working hard--- and it's not a clear depiction of my progress either.

I worry about the excess skin problem too. So far the only thing I've noticed is my thighs...and I don't really care about that too much. But if my stomach skin is hanging down to my knees....I'm definitely getting surgery. :p I think I've just watched too much of those weight loss TV show.

I agree about the scale. I don't get stressed over a pound or two gain or a plateau....it's just what happens. Just stay the course and you will be ok.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    Question of the Week:
    When you think about your weight goals, what does success look like for you?

Ultimate success would mean - a lean and toned body, looking great in size 4/6 which I was when I was before I gained weight. Im looking to build more lean muscle.

My weekly success (which I hope translates into the greater success) means staying disciplined and healthy on a weekly basis.

Success to me this week - is eating a nutrient dense diet, staying within cals, exercising, meditating and keeping clarity and focus mentally and boosting energy physically.

🙏
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Question of the Week:

I chose a goal weight of 135 because that gets me just into the "normal" weight range for my height per the BMI chart. I think actual success though is how I feel though. I want to feel "normal" rather than weigh what some chart from the 1930's tells me is normal. I have actually weighed 135 in the past and it was a good weight for me. I actually ran a marathon at that weight.

One goal I plan to achieve as I get close to goal weight is some type of breast reduction surgery. I went to a doctor but was told I had to lose weight first. It may end up as some sort of re-structuring surgery...not sure what they call it. But I'm tired of being short with giant boobs. It would be nice to live a few years without the aggravation of it.

I am extremely self conscious about my weight. I went to a college football game with some friends and saw these college kids snickering at me....I was just crushed. Then there is the story I have told several times of the woman on the plane who asked to move because I was too fat and was taking up too much room (I really wasn't...she was just a witch).

In the past I planned my activities around what I could and couldn't do. My Dad wanted to go see the Billy Graham Library. I couldn't do it because I pretty much needed a wheelchair myself...much less push him around in one. Now if he wants to go I can take him. I've always wanted to see the aviation museum. Never went because of too much walking. I've always wanted to go to the Raptor Center. Couldn't go...too much walking. I've already started to attain some of these goals.

Success in the end to me is being able to do what I want without the physical limitations of being overweight. I want to wear normal sized clothes. I want to be able to walk in a store or go to an event without feeling self conscious that people are staring at me. I want to feel good about myself...to eat well...and to exercise.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options

I worry about the excess skin problem too. So far the only thing I've noticed is my thighs...and I don't really care about that too much. But if my stomach skin is hanging down to my knees....I'm definitely getting surgery. :p I think I've just watched too much of those weight loss TV show.

I agree about the scale. I don't get stressed over a pound or two gain or a plateau....it's just what happens. Just stay the course and you will be ok.

Right now, the excess skin is something I am dealing with, still have some fat to go before I decide what to do with it, the only place I have it is in my stomach area and I'm not sure I want the surgery, but right now, there's still some fat there and I don't yet know how much is skin and how much is fat so I don't know what the answer really is, but I can promise you, that if it is to a point where it's hanging there and can become an issue, I will do it. I just don't want to go that route unless it's an issue.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Question of the Week:

I chose a goal weight of 135 because that gets me just into the "normal" weight range for my height per the BMI chart. I think actual success though is how I feel though. I want to feel "normal" rather than weigh what some chart from the 1930's tells me is normal. I have actually weighed 135 in the past and it was a good weight for me. I actually ran a marathon at that weight.

One goal I plan to achieve as I get close to goal weight is some type of breast reduction surgery. I went to a doctor but was told I had to lose weight first. It may end up as some sort of re-structuring surgery...not sure what they call it. But I'm tired of being short with giant boobs. It would be nice to live a few years without the aggravation of it.

I am extremely self conscious about my weight. I went to a college football game with some friends and saw these college kids snickering at me....I was just crushed. Then there is the story I have told several times of the woman on the plane who asked to move because I was too fat and was taking up too much room (I really wasn't...she was just a witch).

In the past I planned my activities around what I could and couldn't do. My Dad wanted to go see the Billy Graham Library. I couldn't do it because I pretty much needed a wheelchair myself...much less push him around in one. Now if he wants to go I can take him. I've always wanted to see the aviation museum. Never went because of too much walking. I've always wanted to go to the Raptor Center. Couldn't go...too much walking. I've already started to attain some of these goals.

Success in the end to me is being able to do what I want without the physical limitations of being overweight. I want to wear normal sized clothes. I want to be able to walk in a store or go to an event without feeling self conscious that people are staring at me. I want to feel good about myself...to eat well...and to exercise.

@CindyJNC1963 So the short with giant boobs comment made me laugh a little because that's sort of what I want, to be short with giant boobs, okay will maybe not giant, but big enough, and I think that losing the majority of my belly has helped because now they look bigger, so there's that lol.

It's really exciting to see how just a little bit of weight loss and added activity can really open up so many options, like visiting the places you want to see and I'm really glad to see that you're able to start doing those things.
  • zaraizzy
    zaraizzy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Daily check in:

Wednesday:

Track- No
    Calories No
    Exercise- No

I've caught some kind of bug and I'm really sick. I just can't do anything, no cooking, no eating, and no exercising. I'm just going to stay in bed most of the day and rest and try to feel better.
    I'm sorry I just couldn't do anything today, hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options
    Question of the Week:

@CindyJNC1963 So the short with giant boobs comment made me laugh a little because that's sort of what I want, to be short with giant boobs, okay will maybe not giant, but big enough, and I think that losing the majority of my belly has helped because now they look bigger, so there's that lol.

It's really exciting to see how just a little bit of weight loss and added activity can really open up so many options, like visiting the places you want to see and I'm really glad to see that you're able to start doing those things.

Ha ha ha. I used to be a runner and flop......flop....flop. It was awful. I had to wear two bras....a regular bra and a sports bra over top of that. My shoulders have permanent indentations from bra straps. It's funny looking back on it now...but it wasn't at the time. So, I just want to be normal for awhile after all of this weight loss is done. I'm thinking if I lose 138 lbs they will probably deflate a good bit....so I will go from having overstuffed boobs to deflated ones. Either way....I'm gettin' it fixed. :)

Yes, it is exciting to already start to feel better and start reaching my NSV goals....when I'm not even halfway to my weight loss goal yet.
  • CindyJNC1963
    Options

Right now, the excess skin is something I am dealing with, still have some fat to go before I decide what to do with it, the only place I have it is in my stomach area and I'm not sure I want the surgery, but right now, there's still some fat there and I don't yet know how much is skin and how much is fat so I don't know what the answer really is, but I can promise you, that if it is to a point where it's hanging there and can become an issue, I will do it. I just don't want to go that route unless it's an issue.

Right, I agree. I'm nowhere close enough to goal to even think about it, but if I were you I would wait awhile before even considering it. I've heard some people here on the boards say that their loose skin eventually tightened up on it's own. You are young so you have that going for you too.
  • AB0215
    Options

Right, I agree. I'm nowhere close enough to goal to even think about it, but if I were you I would wait awhile before even considering it. I've heard some people here on the boards say that their loose skin eventually tightened up on it's own. You are young so you have that going for you too.

@CindyJNC1963 There's also some research out there that suggests that intermittent fasting can help with loose skin too as it helps your body to recycle it's own older cells, so I wasn't planning on running out the minute I was done losing either, and I hope it's not too bad, if it's not, I'm just going to leave it as battle scars rather than putting myself through that surgery...
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @CindyJNC1963 Cindy---OMG that woman on the plane--- how could she be so offensive to you---that is just ridiculous.

Your comments:

"Success in the end to me is being able to do what I want without the physical limitations of being overweight. I want to wear normal sized clothes. I want to be able to walk in a store or go to an event without feeling self conscious that people are staring at me. I want to feel good about myself...to eat well...and to exercise."

THAT IS 100% how I feel--- that plus the health issues of being overweight for me (diabetes, cholesterol, etc.)--- you really hit the nail on the head though-- I suffered through all of those feelings with people who judged me harshly, criticized me--assumed I was dirty, unintelligent, unable, less than them.😞 I was discriminated against. And now, sometimes I get mad when someone makes a comment in the opposite way --bc they are judging me based on my looks now (does that make sense?). I guess my point is that it changes your being, your perspective immensely once you've experienced it, permanently... I will always be that "overweight girl" in my head, no matter how much weight I lose. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@gemwolf110 @AB0215 & @CindyJNC1963 - My PCP has referred me to a Boston Hospital Derm office for a consult on skin removal--- I have not yet to book it. I definitely have skin on my belly (if you haven't had children and you're young, Ash, thinking of you, may not be as brutal as an issue). My thighs are bad---and it makes bathing suit season suck--big time! Not sure I'll be cleared for a tummy tuck, etc. bc of my leg injury-- I am prone to clotting, so they may say it's too risky. Tummy tucks are the riskiest of the surgeries.

And as far as boobs go--- first things I lost😩🥺🙁😂 --I am pancake girl now--- more like flap jacks actually 😖😆😂😂😂....so don't complain about those--- I am tall with nil boobs--- damn, I miss those!! 😆🤣

HAHA.... You guys are all the best--- I really am happy I found you all!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    So much to catch up on!!!! My youngest son was home sick yesterday. And they were both home today so off to the Dr we went. Luckily it’s just minor sinus infections for both.
    Looking forward to my nutritionist appt tomorrow.
    Question of the week- success for me is just being happy and comfortable with myself. And lowering my cholesterol will be helpful lol. It’s not necessarily a final number on the scale.
  • Ver9nika
    Ver9nika Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Daily post, wednesday, 06.03

Track: yes
    Calories: more or less
    Exercise: no

Sorry, team mates. I felt off the wagon again :# but almost got back today. 99% ate correctly, but had some chocolate at work
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Username: genajonas
    Week: #1 03/06/19
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 216.2 lbs
    CW: 211.2 lbs
    Difference: -5 lbs
    Total loss since the start on 01/19/19: 16.8 lbs

*****Happy Birthday to ME!!!*****

Nice!!! 👏🎉🙋‍♀️💃🙌🥳🥳🥳🥳
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Question of the Week:

Success for me is to live a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Feeling comfortable in my own skin and knowing I am making the right decisions. Not overeating or over-drinking and facing any emotional problems healthy. You can’t numb yourself on food/drink or it will never work, even if you are at your goal weight.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    Options
    Wed - March 6
    Track: Yes✔️
    Calories: Yes ✔️ I will be for the day. 👍
    Exercise: Barre 🏋️‍♀️ one hour and 7 mile hike with hubby! 👏🎉🙋‍♀️
    Comments: wonderful hike with my husband.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise 25-30 minutes of walking
    Water 135 oz
    Goals/comments

So I ate my breakfast, shower and dress within an hour once my aide got here this morning before my ride came. Good thing we prepared my snacks (2 boiled egges, 6 slices of cucumbers and 6 baby carrots with bottle of water) the day before. So I deeply regret that I could not weigh and measure today but I did make all 3 doctor's appointments and I am exhausted. So with that I say goodnight STAY POSITIVE AND REMEMBER TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!!✌🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    genajonas wrote: »
    Username: genajonas
    Week: #1 03/06/19
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 216.2 lbs
    CW: 211.2 lbs
    Difference: -5 lbs
    Total loss since the start on 01/19/19: 16.8 lbs

*****Happy Birthday to ME!!!*****

Yay Happy birthday what an excellent gift 🎁🎁🎉🎉🎉
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Ver9nika wrote: »
    Daily post, wednesday, 06.03

Track: yes
    Calories: more or less
    Exercise: no

Sorry, team mates. I felt off the wagon again :# but almost got back today. 99% ate correctly, but had some chocolate at work

That's alright at least you are trying that all that matters 👍🏾👍🏾
This discussion has been closed.