Robert's Southern Fried OMAD Journey

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    That's one amazing result! I fail even when doing normal OMAD. But, I ain't giving up...climbing back up onto the wagon and try try again. :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Big loss again...you be rockin' it! Happy for you.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Still doing great!!!
  • Still amazing result.
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi all, been away for a bit. It will be hard for me to catch up on posts, so just want to give my progress and wish you all luck.

I’ve been at this for about 13 months. It’s been a struggle since December, but have managed to lose 2 pounds since that time.

Will be finishing up my master’s soon and going full-time with a state mental health agency.

SW: 277
    CW: 199
    GW: Lean
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome back!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome back @EstrangedTiger !!! Missed ya! Catch up and jump back in when you can!
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Hey, ive been wondering about you. Nice to hear you are back, Still great weight loss results! We all have struggle periods. In recent days im just soo hungry and my mind started to negotiate.
    Oh just now, just this once, a little bit earlier is not gonna hurt, its the same amount doesnt matter if its at different time. Aghhh. Just insanity, I though i would be through this by now but nope! Thats life I believe, we just need to take it day after day..
  • EstrangedTiger
    Hey, ive been wondering about you. Nice to hear you are back, Still great weight loss results! We all have struggle periods. In recent days im just soo hungry and my mind started to negotiate.
    Oh just now, just this once, a little bit earlier is not gonna hurt, its the same amount doesnt matter if its at different time. Aghhh. Just insanity, I though i would be through this by now but nope! Thats life I believe, we just need to take it day after day..

Thank you. It’s a marathon.

One thing that is helping me lately is restricting my needed fluid intake to a smaller window. Liquids often set off my hunger.

• EstrangedTiger
    Welcome back @EstrangedTiger !!! Missed ya! Catch up and jump back in when you can!
    Welcome back!!!

Thank you.

• Brendalea69
    Hi all, been away for a bit. It will be hard for me to catch up on posts, so just want to give my progress and wish you all luck.

I’ve been at this for about 13 months. It’s been a struggle since December, but have managed to lose 2 pounds since that time.

Will be finishing up my master’s soon and going full-time with a state mental health agency.

SW: 277
    CW: 199

Awesome!!!
  • jadepearl
    Welcome back @EstrangedTiger! How exciting on your career path! Where are you going and what are you going to do?
  • EstrangedTiger
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Welcome back @EstrangedTiger! How exciting on your career path! Where are you going and what are you going to do?

I’ll be a case manager while working on my observation hours. Will eventually be a therapist.

• jadepearl
    Are you going to work in a hospital? I was a Hospital Counsellor before I had to quit to help my hubby. I loved my job there even though hubby hates it when I bring it home with me. Sometimes, its just too much and it does stay with you and follows you home. But, it really taught me to cherish my love ones more. <3
  • EstrangedTiger
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Are you going to work in a hospital? I was a Hospital Counsellor before I had to quit to help my hubby. I loved my job there even though hubby hates it when I bring it home with me. Sometimes, its just too much and it does stay with you and follows you home. But, it really taught me to cherish my love ones more. <3

A local community health clinic, not inside a hospital. I’ll have to keep tabs on making sure to leave my work at home.

• jadepearl
    Ah, that sounds interesting! :) Good luck and have fun :+1:
  • EstrangedTiger
    Think I’ll start a year 2 thread in April.

BW: 2/2018 - 277
    CW: 3/23/2019 - 195

82lbs lost

I’ve been plugging away without much activity, due to a leg injury.

This deal is 80% nutrition, at the least.

I’ve been thinking about my struggles and reading about some of yours.

Would like to write a separate post on this later, but here are a few observations and suggestions:

1) Keep it simple. If your approach isn’t easily replicable in social situations or on trips, it’s gonna fail.

2) Recognize trigger foods. Some people just can’t handle empty calories, I’m one of them.

3) Keep hydrated, but don't over hydrate.

• Brendalea69
    edited March 2019
    (GW: Lean) I love that <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lean is an awesome goal...…. PS your basketball team is on fire...….good luck in the rest of the tourney.....….
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Love it!